2015 first one out?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who will go?

40% 40% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
40% 40% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
20% 20% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 5

2015 first one out?

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Well we have had the pairings and we all wait for the 25th! Who will be the first out? I know people may think Daniel however I feel he has a huge fan base. This possibly leaves a few vulnerable,Jeremy Vine comes to mind I hope not as I do find his opinions amusing at times.Jamelia could have rubbed a few people's backs up and also Ainsley could be marmite (I like him Very Happy )
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4605
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

2015 first one out?

Post  Poppetlovestango on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:42 pm

Either of the two J's for me
You're right Sax Daniel has a huge fan base, Carol is extremely popular, Ainslie looks like he'll master
the Latin dances.
Roll on the 25th
avatar
Poppetlovestango

Posts : 342
Join date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:21 pm

How are they going to do it? Six couples or twelve, one going out or two?
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1707
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 78
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:21 pm

I'm assuming probably wrongly, that there are no eliminations in week 1 as it is over 2 night? scratch scratch we don't even know for sure if there's a dance off this season do we? I agree, on paper Daniel looks a dead cert for first elimination but I think he's got a huge silver/emerald fan base. I really like Carol, I hope she's not awful. I've drawn Iwan in the office sweepstake!
avatar
allsewnonbyhand

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2010-09-11
Location : on the sofa probably!

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  CaledonianCraig on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:00 pm

I see Daniel being the bad smell of the series. By that I mean he will clearly be the worst dancer but those blinded by their love for him will phone up to keep him well clear of the dance-offs with pros who are clearly better dancers than him or who show signs of improving are voted off before him with him reaching around the halfway point. His huge fan base of fans will keep him on the show - I guarantee it.
avatar
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 1057
Join date : 2011-10-23
Age : 49
Location : Edinburgh

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  TANGOLERO on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:48 pm

I think we've all acepted (and admitted) long ago that Strictly is a popularity show with dance ( at least for two thirds of it) rather than a contest of any skills in dancing. The producers know it too, otherwise they wouldn't hire people like John Sargent, Anne Widdicombe and the likes of Tony Jacklin etc. It's good T.V and gets the viewers but (in most cases) some are in their purely for enteretainment. The viewers could make just about anybody the winner if they wished, including Daniel O'Donnel.
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1707
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 78
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  CaledonianCraig on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:06 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:I think we've all acepted (and admitted) long ago that Strictly is a popularity show with dance ( at least for two thirds of it) rather than a contest of any skills in dancing. The producers know it too, otherwise they wouldn't hire people like John Sargent, Anne Widdicombe and the likes of Tony Jacklin etc. It's good T.V and gets the viewers but (in most cases) some are in their purely for enteretainment. The viewers could make just about anybody the winner if they wished, including Daniel O'Donnel.

Yes and this is why Daniel O'Donnell can be ruled out of a first week exit. I'd even go as far as to rule him out of a first eight weeks exit.
avatar
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 1057
Join date : 2011-10-23
Age : 49
Location : Edinburgh

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:25 pm

I think a few may cash out sooner then they should. The public may feel Carol is safe and not vote to save her. I do hope Jamelia keeps her feet moving more than her VD ( verbal diarrhoea ) outbursts! Stroppy and Madame are the first two words that come to mind
Daniel I do feel may not linger as long as Ann or John who,let's not forget walked out rather than be voted off!
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4605
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  TANGOLERO on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:21 pm

I'm plumping for the girls to win this time with the possible exception of Ainsley H. Kirsty Gallagher will obviously be fancied because she has Brendon Cole as a partner, , but I might cast an odd vote at Katie Derham is she dances well ( I might do the same for Kelly Bright although I don't know that much about either of them) . I like her attitude about it all. Not a Jeremy Vine lover so he can be first out if he likes. Twisted Evil
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1707
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 78
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  CaledonianCraig on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:26 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:I'm plumping for the girls to win this time with the possible exception of Ainsley H. Kirsty Gallagher will obviously be fancied because she has Brendon Cole as a partner, , but I might cast an odd vote at Katie Derham is she dances well ( I might do the same for Kelly Bright although I don't know that much about either of them) . I like her attitude about it all. Not a Jeremy Vine lover so he can be first out if he likes. Twisted Evil

Yes I get the same impression as well. Also I may go against the grain and wish one of the pop stars well. I am not sure of his name but the bearded singer from the band looked positively petrified with nerves and very shy. It will be very interesting to see how he deals with the challenge that lies ahead.
avatar
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 1057
Join date : 2011-10-23
Age : 49
Location : Edinburgh

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Bearded one is from the Wanted Jay (never heard their songs just recognised the band name). Kirsty from her time as a gymnast should have good timing skills. Kellie if she stops being petrified she may be a quiet burner. Peter I'm not expecting too much from re ballroom but a lot in the latin
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4605
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  CaledonianCraig on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:44 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Bearded one is from the Wanted Jay (never heard their songs just recognised  the band name). Kirsty from her time as a gymnast should have good timing skills. Kellie if she stops being petrified she may be a quiet burner. Peter I'm not expecting too much from re ballroom but a lot in the latin

Peter Andre is meh to me. Nothing against him personally but comes from a music background so has a head start, will have a large backing from female voters for obvious reasons and I just know B.runo, D.arcy and CRH will be fawning and purring over him. Rolling Eyes
avatar
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 1057
Join date : 2011-10-23
Age : 49
Location : Edinburgh

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:21 pm

If he doesn't burst into song then I'm happy! I am not sure what to expect from call the midwife star! A Swift delivery or a long forced labour! Oh please please let A.non have good scores for once.
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4605
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  TANGOLERO on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:26 pm

I'm going to be very fair in making judgements ( hey, we're all L en G oodman at heart, are we not?) because it's all about taking on board what the pros teach and applying it to yourself by effort and a desire to do well. Every year the people taking part make it all worth while by admitting that learning to dance  is a terrific experience (I now know from personal experience that the B.B.C is totally responsible for the phrase "short trip to Dusseldorf"). That in itself is rewarding and if they're good enough, then may the best one win.  It will be really heart-breaking to a dancing nation like the Irish if Danniel O' Riverdance gets voted out early. Wink
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1707
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 78
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  CaledonianCraig on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:01 am

TANGOLERO wrote:I'm going to be very fair in making judgements ( hey, we're all L en G oodman at heart, are we not?) because it's all about taking on board what the pros teach and applying it to yourself by effort and a desire to do well. Every year the people taking part make it all worth while by admitting that learning to dance  is a terrific experience (I now know from personal experience that the B.B.C is totally responsible for the phrase "short trip to Dusseldorf"). That in itself is rewarding and if they're good enough, then may the best one win.  It will be really heart-breaking to a dancing nation like the Irish if Danniel O' Riverdance gets voted out early. Wink

I think each of us watch and garner our own favourites. I know in previous years some celebrities have unexpectedly grown on me whilst others have disappointed so we shall see. I always tend to root for those that start off from the lowest base ie two left feet and no rhythm and as wooden as a plank and begin to be shaped into dancers. Sadly, I often end up disappointed as their journeys are often cut short before they can run their course. Still I live in hope.
avatar
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 1057
Join date : 2011-10-23
Age : 49
Location : Edinburgh

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:53 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
I think each of us watch and garner our own favourites. I know in previous years some celebrities have unexpectedly grown on me whilst others have disappointed so we shall see. I always tend to root for those that start off from the lowest base ie two left feet and no rhythm and as wooden as a plank and begin to be shaped into dancers. Sadly, I often end up disappointed as their journeys are often cut short before they can run their course. Still I live in hope.

All true. Such happened to Spoony, Jimmy Mystry and even Gabby Logan as all showed glimpses of good things to come only to fall foul of the dreaded twitterbox jury. One or two of the eventual winners maybe didn't quite deserve to be there on talent alone either, but then, there's no business like show business... Wink
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1707
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 78
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 First One Out

Post  mauveangel09 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:49 pm

I totally agree with you Mr T and also with you CC - very well put.
I think the first couple of weeks are always a lottery - the people with the existing large fan bases always come out well and some people with potential but not a big fan base unfortunately get cut short - then after a few weeks there is the usual 'shake down' and some couples start to catch the public attention and others are in the wrong place at the wrong time - shock exits etc - this is the more interesting point in the contest for me, rather than the very beginning when I often feel disappointment for someone.

These days because SCD does not adhere to a strict rota of latin one week/ballroom one week - I think there is a lot of strategy that comes into play and luck in the choice and order of dances that a couple get at certain points in the contest (open to manipulation as we have debated before) you need to be able to 'take off' at just the right point in the contest like
C aroline did last year.

mauveangel09

Posts : 1618
Join date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:37 am

I agree however very hard to "take off week one with the Tango" I would prefer same ballroom Waltz then a Cha Chafer all the dancers the first two weeks. Fair for all and we can compare techniques, skills,their strong and weak points. I think we on this forum should be part of the floor crew, cue lights,Dave and the band, and Action!
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4605
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:59 pm

Wish we had a "like" button on here...would do that to all your comments, whilst not really having anything to add! Agree pretty much with the rest of you! tongue
avatar
allsewnonbyhand

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2010-09-11
Location : on the sofa probably!

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 first one out?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum