Great news and a once in a lifetime...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RE: Great news and once in a lifetime opportunity

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Best of Luck Mr T - have a wonderful time cheers cheers cheers

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Re: Great news and a once in a lifetime...

Post  cellar-door on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:20 pm

Best of luck, Mr T!!!
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:37 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Don't know what to expect in total, but Saturday it's "lights, camera, action" time at the Palais. Last rehearsal Thursday then butterflies time.This is the big one. Wish me luck... affraid

Ah how very exciting Mr T- an amazing experience for you, can't wait to see it on the goggle box! Enjoy every moment cheers cheers cheers
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks so much all for the good wishes. I think we're as ready as we'll ever be. Here we are at final rehersal:
http://publicdomainreview.org/collections/lambeth-walk-nazi-style-1942/

lol!
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:26 am

Just to close off this thread, the big event happened last night. The old Palais was done up like fairyland with a magnificent chandelier and a superb floor. The big-band music sound was provided by the brilliant Northern Jazz Orchestra some twenty strong talented guys and gals. It was all filmed in front of a packed house of dancers and spectators for the January dance program on T.V. The show will have three types of participants: middle -aged group dancing sequence tango which they did, the younger element dancing sequence cha-cha which they did, and both with a solo spot by a couple from each group...... and our older end sequence jive. I now speak purely for myself as I haven't discussed it with anyone:

Our quite simple sequence jive just never happened.

For eight weeks we've been giving up our time whenever asked to rehearsals at different venues, had our routine changed twice, started off with Glenn Miller, which got changed to a much faster "Crazy in Love" by the Baseballs and which we performed quite successfully in front of fourteen thousand spectators at our local football stadium, danced on Blackpool's North Pier (we couldn't go into the Tower Ballroom due to filming restrictions) and learned a couple of other party type dances (Wild, wild west, etc).just for fun. The Palais was everybody's highlight and despite being filmed three different times, last night, we were just sent out there and told to do our own thing. Yes, really. No sequence lines, no routine that we spent so long learning incurring lots of aching, ageing limbs and knee joints, just scattered round the floor and told to jive. The music was back to In the Mood which is quite a slow jive and we were just left to it. The audience were very receptive, but it was a bitter disappointment for me. For us it was always about our group and achieving something together. It just didn't happen.

So now, I'm just wondering why we bothered learning something that didn't happen, in favour of just jiving around as you like; something we've all been able to do since we were teenagers? Yes, it's been a great adventure riding around in a luxury coach and being filmed everywhere. (Knowing how that works I'm expecting that, despite some two hundred plus hours of filming, we'll probably get five minutes if we're lucky.) The Macron Stadium was amazing and Blackpool fun, but it was all building up to the Palais. That was the highlight.

Why? We never even got to ask, just thanks very much and hope to see you again some time. It's all over and I'll miss the company. Not a very happy chappie today. Crying or Very sad
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:21 am

Ah Mr T how disappointing for you! Crying or Very sad
After all the build up what a shame. I hope that after some time has passed you will at least look back on what you DID do, rather than what the producers DIDN'T allow you to do.
All the same I'm still in awe and can I have your autograph?! Wink
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:29 am

Cheers Allsewn. I'll get over the disappointment and there were lots of plusses , meeting old friends and making new ones, the dance sessions, the the trips and the laughs. Not sure who decides what at the Bubble Bath Company ( they monitor things online) and the staff, camera crews, interviewers and arrangers etc, are really good, but the programme will no doubt come out fine. Our female dance teacher is a diamond of a girl with the patience of Job, and it certainly wasn't her decision. Hey, ho, life goes on and nobody died . Just didn't want us to come out as a bunch of old duffers for folk to say "bless" to our efforts. Wink

Back to Strictly
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:37 pm

I for onesalute you Mr T! I'm sure all of your group felt both the thrill of the build up and then the anti climax of the final show. I hope you could add a clip here for us all to watch and enjoy your group performance.
cheers Hurrah for you all.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: Great News and Once in a lifetime opportunity

Post  mauveangel09 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:19 pm

How disappointing and frustrating - hope the finished recorded show is good
However, you seem to have enjoyed the whole experience and it really seems to be been a brilliant thing to be involved with - definitely a real once in a lifetime opportunity! I'm sure you've made some great new memories and had a good time with it all. Very Happy

As you say - back to SCD Very Happy Missed your post after the show on Saturday night.................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:47 pm

What a bummer! Sorry it didn't pan out as expected Mad
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:08 am

B4p wrote:What a bummer! Sorry it didn't pan out as expected Mad

Hi B4p. I've hopefully sent a short video clip of our night to you at the site e-mail address. Hope it reaches you as I'm no expert.

TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:51 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Hi B4p. I've hopefully sent a short video clip of our night to you at the site e-mail address. Hope it reaches you as I'm no expert.
Ooh can you send it to me too Mr T?
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:20 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
Ooh can you send it to me too Mr T?

It doesn't seem to be getting to this site Allsewn. If you send me an e-mail at

solea7@hotmail.com

I'll reply and try to enclose the clip.

TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:53 pm

short trip to Dusseldorf's end tonight. (never, never, never thought I'd be using that J word) Embarassed

The cast of thousands of the great dance adventure will assemble for one final time at a brand new club in my home town for a final "smile please, you're on the telly" session. Supposedly a private social night with dancing and a bar (and the Bubble Bath Corporation cameras, of course). Zimmers, crutches and walking sticks will be cleverly disguised as props ,with tinsel and bacofoil, as we drag our aching joints up the final slope to glory. (All this assuming the great January plan goes live to the nation as scheduled). Unless Steven Spielberg pops in and suggests a Part II may occur, that will be that. Music maestro please, and can we have Moonlight Serenade for the last waltz? Bring it on...lol!
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:26 pm

Enjoy tonight Mr T!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:46 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Enjoy tonight Mr T!

My grandma (and later father) oft quoted the old standard about counting chickens before hatching occurs. I am feeling exceedingly foolish tonight, because after sharing a taxi in the absolute pouring rain, we got there to find the venue closed and shuttered? A dash to the pub next door allowed my friend's wife to ring a contact at the Bubble Bath Company to enquire politely XXX? Said friends got the same phone call I did on the same day at the end of November. Said contact ( who wasn't actually involved in the arrangement) was baffled and informed us that the event had been put off till January. Somebody (and it isn't us) xxxxxx up. We had a drink in the pub, rang a cab and  went home, still in the pouring rain and not happy chappies. Dog was delighted to see me, wife just shook her head in disbelief.

An e-mail has been despatched and an apology of sorts might help....might...Next time I post on this (if ever) the post willl be in its strictest sense and it will have happened. Apologies.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:21 pm

Bummer! scratch Evil or Very Mad
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:31 pm

Not your fault some eejits hadn't communicated properly to you.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: Great news and once in a lifetime opportunity

Post  mauveangel09 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:40 pm

Perhaps they'll do the same thing with the SCD Blackpool Tower Show next week............ lol!

Seriously - how frustrating - what a bunch of whatsits............. affraid (I would have to bleep out what I was really going to say)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Put it in your diaries folks....Just been told that our dance show is being televised on the 5th and 7th of January (tuesday and thursday) at 9-0'clock in the evening on B.B.C 2. The show will be called YouMake Me Feel Like Dancing. Not to be missed.. lol!

Last edited by TANGOLERO on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:01 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Put it in your diaries folks....Just been told that our dance show is being televised on the 5th and 7th of January (tuesday and thursday) at 9-0'clock in the evening on B.B.C 2. The show will be called You Make Me Feel Like Dancing. Not to be missed.. lol!

Excellent! A dance programme to ward off the post Strictly/ Xmas/ New Year blues... cheers
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:51 pm

cheers whoohooo I shall pop it in the diary
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:10 am

Can't wait Tango cheers
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Great news. I look forward to it. Very Happy
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Great News and Once in a Lifetime

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:46 pm

I will be definitely be watching!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top