It Takes Two - 2015

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:06 am

I agree Mauve about watching the show 'live" much better than a day or in my case four days later! I'll try and watch live tomorrow depends if it clashes with quater final matches! As host nation and Rugby lover feel compelled to watch.
zzz I feel when Peter talks I know his a nice person just had Peter Andre over saturation over the years. Who is the real Peter? TV personality? Hidden cameras following his daily life?
Alijaz really looks after his partner,subtle and modest personality with a dazzling smile. High hopes for Helen and Alijaz.

avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4514
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  Sid on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Would the real Peter Andre please stand up!

I think they'll do everything in their power to get him to the final but I don't believe they're setting him up to win. They can't. Jay's got it in the bag already. I think the outcome of this series is even more inevitable than Louis Smith's win.
avatar
Sid

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two 2015

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:07 pm

Yes I think you are probably right S id - they definitely want to try and get a male winner as the girls have been so strong over the last few years so perhaps they are hedging their bets with either Jay or Pe ter - but I suppose there is a long way to go yet and it depends on whether either of them run of out steam, (if I think about it, that scenario is more likely to happen to P eter - like Jake last year - and not Jay) but if they don't I'm sure they will be in the final but then joe public doesn't always play ball...........(thank goodness for the unknown quantity factor!!)

mauveangel09

Posts : 1535
Join date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  diamondsandpearls on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:51 pm

Sid wrote:Stage school luvvies can set my teeth on edge but I've always had a fondness for Bonnie Langford - she's a talented old-school trooper. Be great to have her on the main show.

I can't listen to Peter Andre, I just can't. It's like combining the worst of Jason Donovan and Mark Wright into one.

Helen and Aljaz definitely among my favourite couples and Aljaz seems like an excellent teacher.

Oh my god - that's it! He's SO earnest, in a crawly bum-licky teacher's pet sort of way (al la Donavan) and yet cocky and loves-himself (a la Wright) all at the same time.

I can't stand him. I'm cross that he appears to have dance ability. I'm hoping he has peaked. I have noticed that Claude seems to give him short shrift or pokes fun at him which she pretends is banter... but I wonder....
avatar
diamondsandpearls

Posts : 490
Join date : 2010-10-02
Location : In the star's dressing room

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  Sid on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:58 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Oh my god - that's it! He's SO earnest, in a crawly bum-licky teacher's pet sort of way (al la Donavan) and yet cocky and loves-himself (a la Wright) all at the same time.

I can't stand him. I'm cross that he appears to have dance ability. I'm hoping he has peaked. I have noticed that Claude seems to give him short shrift or pokes fun at him which she pretends is banter... but I wonder....

Ha ha yes, it's the OTT sincerity and narcissism. Puke-inducing.
avatar
Sid

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Sid wrote:

Ha ha yes, it's the OTT sincerity and narcissism. Puke-inducing.

What a great position I'm in. I can't stand any modern pop singer or celebrities and absolutely hate rap "stars" It means I don't have to support any of them. I've never even heard the Jay chap sing or whatever he does and avoid mention of Peter Andre. The wife likes him so we agree to differ. I'l support the best dancer, even if it turns out to be Daniel O'Donnel. (Well, it won't will it?) Very Happy
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1634
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 77
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:55 pm

Shocked ooh things may turn out that way Mr T!
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4514
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Kirsty oh Kirsty! Oh out of hold on the dance floor and a little bit hairy,well without Brendan on ITT affraid  I didn't put a foot wrong quote well my lovely cuppa went overboard! Kirsty then after a pause said it's my hands! As if to put right the oh I didn't mean, I didn't go wrong at all. The remarks about the scores  didn't help either. pale  Kirsty stop shaking your hair, looking down the camera No No . Just makes me feel indifferent.
Brendan hope your daughter gets well soon.
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4514
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  B4p on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:12 pm

saxonsiren wrote: I didn't put a foot wrong quote well my lovely cuppa went overboard! Kirsty then after a pause said it's my hands!
How can such an intelligent woman be so dense? Glad she's waking up to the fact she needs to fight the first time round, (preferably not with Brendan in the training room).
avatar
B4p

Posts : 2202
Join date : 2010-09-16
Location : Near Kibworth

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:18 pm

Not sure! However I think it will be "Blue Monday" with Brendan's shouting.,
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4514
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 pm

I said the other day that I thought she thought dancing was just about learning and remembering steps. I still think it. Compared to her Danny O'Donnel was Fred Astaire.
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1634
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 77
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  Sid on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:32 pm

To defend Kirsty a bit I think when she said she didn't put a foot wrong she meant it very literally - i.e. she remembered all her steps without making a mistake like say Jay or DoD did. The trouble is, I'm not sure she gets that dance is about so much more than executing a series of steps in the right order. She needs to stop thinking so much and start feeling more - interpreting the music and expressing emotion though her body. Maybe she just can't. But I do imagine it's all very frustrating for her because her approach is very machine-like (like a sportsperson). She thinks that if she just trains harder and longer she'll automatically get better, and when she doesn't she wonders why the hell not.
avatar
Sid

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two 2015

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:42 pm

Sid wrote:To defend Kirsty a bit I think when she said she didn't put a foot wrong she meant it very literally - i.e. she remembered all her steps without making a mistake like say Jay or DoD did. The trouble is, I'm not sure she gets that dance is about so much more than executing a series of steps in the right order. She needs to stop thinking so much and start feeling more - interpreting the music and expressing emotion though her body. Maybe she just can't. But I do imagine it's all very frustrating for her because her approach is very machine-like (like a sportsperson). She thinks that if she just trains harder and longer she'll automatically get better, and when she doesn't she wonders why the hell not.

So true...........I just think that she is one of those people who are not naturally suited to dancing.  I think I've said it before that just because a woman is young and attractive it is always assumed on SCD that they will take to it and that they are going to be really good dancers.    I too did a double take when she said that she didn't put a foot wrong affraid but as you say S id, she was right in a literal sense - she did do all the steps correctly but that's all she did, she is not dancing and isn't getting into character or losing her inhibitions.    In her defense again, she did up her game in the DO and realizes that she needs to do this first time round but I just don't think this contest is for her at the end of the day.

mauveangel09

Posts : 1535
Join date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  CaledonianCraig on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:10 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

So true...........I just think that she is one of those people who are not naturally suited to dancing.  I think I've said it before that just because a woman is young and attractive it is always assumed on SCD that they will  take to it and that they are going to be really good dancers.    I too did a double take when she said that she didn't put a foot wrong affraid but as you say S id, she was right in a literal sense - she did do all the steps correctly but that's all she did, she is not dancing and isn't getting into character or losing her inhibitions.    In her defense again, she did up her game in the DO and realizes that she needs to do this first time round but I just don't think this contest is for her at the end of the day.

Another slightly sad and annoying thing Kirsty let slip the other night was something along the lines of she wasn't enjoying the experience up until that dance last Saturday and now she doesn't want to go. Too late me thinks. I like to think that all competing celebrities enjoy the experience immensely from day one but perhaps that is just wishful ad fanciful thinking on my behalf.
avatar
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 1005
Join date : 2011-10-23
Age : 48
Location : Edinburgh

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two 2015

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:19 pm

........I think CC that she is one of those celebs who is well out of her comfort zone and doesn't like it really....... Shocked

mauveangel09

Posts : 1535
Join date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  TANGOLERO on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:41 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Another slightly sad and annoying thing Kirsty let slip the other night was something along the lines of she wasn't enjoying the experience up until that dance last Saturday and now she doesn't want to go. Too late me thinks. I like to think that all competing celebrities enjoy the experience immensely from day one but perhaps that is just wishful ad fanciful thinking on my behalf.

I can at least relate to the sheer joy she will have felt in completing a dance without major error. Paso isn't easy. particularly for someone as introverted as I believe Kirsty is. She got through it and must have felt a sense of achievement just in that. She got some applause and not the worst marks so it may just boost her confidence enough to make her realise dance is a joy. Might even be a turning point...or is that going a bit far? Wink
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1634
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 77
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:47 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

I can at least relate to the sheer joy she will have felt in completing a dance without major error. Paso isn't easy. particularly for someone as introverted as I believe Kirsty is. She got through it and must have felt a sense of achievement just in that. She got some applause and not the worst marks so it may just boost her confidence enough to make her realise dance is a joy. Might even be a turning point...or is that going a bit far? Wink  

Steady on Mr T .... You'll be saying Brenda will make a dancer out of her yet in a minute! Wink
avatar
allsewnonbyhand

Posts : 1764
Join date : 2010-09-11
Location : on the sofa probably!

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  Sid on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:00 am

I like Jay's humour. And I'm not as anti-Gleb as I was....I laughed when Anita joked how bored she was of all the topless stuff!

We better not be getting yet more Biggins' Buggy on Friday.
avatar
Sid

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:01 am

affraid albino argh Id forgotten about Biggin! No No Wish we had Pauline Quirk or Marion Keys back on FNP
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4514
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  fiftynotout on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:19 pm

I don't know if anyone agrees with me but I just wanted to say that I think Zoe's doing a brilliant job this year. She seems totally "on it" and has made the show her own (at last). She even manages to make it look as though she is totally disorganised even though she absolutely has everything under control (a very clever skill). Enjoying ITT a lot.
avatar
fiftynotout

Posts : 773
Join date : 2010-09-09
Location : Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  Sid on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm

fiftynotout wrote:I don't know if anyone agrees with me but I just wanted to say that I think Zoe's doing a brilliant job this year.  She seems totally "on it" and has made the show her own (at last).  She even manages to make it look as though she is totally disorganised even though she absolutely has everything under control (a very clever skill).  Enjoying ITT a lot.

That's a good way of putting it fifty. Sometimes I feel she maybe interrupts more than she should but overall Zoe does a really good job. It's the silly filler bits I hate - time's precious as it is, we don't need them! Same goes for some of the VTs they play when Zoe's chatting to the couples. Occasionally they're funny or offer insight, other times they're pointless and interrupt the flow of the interview.
avatar
Sid

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  Moova 12 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:58 pm

How strange my daughter and I were saying the same thing today Zoe is brilliant at the moment.
Loved Jay yesterday I hadn't realised how tall he is where as I thought Gleb was tall.
avatar
Moova 12

Posts : 213
Join date : 2010-09-12
Age : 58
Location : wolves

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two 2015

Post  mauveangel09 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:06 pm

I agree that Zoe is a great host - nothing about her rankles at all and I think she and Ian are a great on-screen partnership. Mind you - did anyone notice the really energetic 'whooping' tonight?? Had one of the crew had a few jars?? Laughing

Feel that Carol and P asha have developed a really nice relationship and hope that they live to see another week. I still keep thinking about the way they did her hair for the Paso - why didn't they put it up and put a flower or comb in it - would have looked lovely and in keeping with the brilliant music. I have to say that K irsty's training footage looked quite decent but I wasn't sure about the brief glimpse of Georgia - not sure whether the latin is her bag and is possibly something she needs to work on.

mauveangel09

Posts : 1535
Join date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  Sid on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:34 pm

Blimey, a Jo Clifton segment that didn't make me want to switch channels! She certainly knows her stuff and explains it well with good tips - albeit sounding like an 8 year old. She was a good fill-in for Karen Hardy.

As for Ainsley and Natalie, their goodbye interview just confirmed my affection for them and made me even more gutted they've gone. Whoever her partner and whatever their ability, Nat's always gracious and enthusiastic, patiently getting the best out of them and making them shine. A genuine, classy lady and fantastic dancer who deserves to lift the glitterball one day.
avatar
Sid

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

RE: It Takes Two 2015

Post  mauveangel09 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Hear Hear!!! For Ainsley and Nathalie.

I was dreading Joanne Clifton but she made some really good comments and it was interesting when she got technical. I've always enjoyed K aren Hardy but this series she seems so OTT in her manner.

I've been meaning to say for the last few few days - did anyone notice the costume swap on Saturday night? On Thursday's ITT Vicky Gill showcased a ballroom dress that she said was going to be worn by Helen in the show - she mentioned the theme about the QS being set at a station etc and trying to give the dress a bit of a day dress feel - hence the pattern on the skirt. However, the dress was worn by K aren in the show and Helen wore something completely different - wonder what happened there?

mauveangel09

Posts : 1535
Join date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum