Shall We Dance?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shall We Dance?

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:10 pm

My local library put a book on their brand new book section just before I arrived yesterday. They must have known I was coming. With what great delight I grabbed "Shall we Dance?" The true story of Vernon and Irene Castle by Douglas Thompson (Forward by C raig Revel Horwood).

Oh joy! There the book sat, shining and shimmering in all its virgin newness and glory and, like the Lady of the Lake, a hand appeared (mine) grabbed it and stood like an avenging Sir Lancelot defying anyone to try taking it from me. Fortunately, no one did and it goes to priority spot in my Christmas reading list. cheers
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Shall We Dance

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:50 pm

I would really like to read this one Mr T - it was interesting hearing about them on L en's recent series - wish they'd make a documentary. Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Re: Shall We Dance?

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:28 pm

You might enjoy this mauveangel. Only 8 mins long but has some Fred and Ginger from the film in it. Not sure what's happened with youtube lately. They seem to have taken alot of movies away. I watched the Vernon and Irene Castle Story film on there a few years back, now it's gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5TE74e9vAg
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: Shall We Dance?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum