What repeat dances and Showdance would you like to see from each couple?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What repeat dances and Showdance would you like to see from each couple?

Post  Sid on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:57 pm

My choices would be:

Simon & Kristina

Repeat - Jive and Argentine Tango

Showdance - A Quickstep/Charleston number

Frankie & Kevin

Repeat - Paso and Argentine Tango

Showdance - Something  soft and dreamy (although I'm thinking whatever route they take, the Showdance will be their weakest).

Caroline & Pasha

Repeat - American Smooth and Charleston

Showdance - Combo of Salsa, Cha Cha, Samba, a party number.

Mark and Karen

Repeat - Charleston and Samba

Showdance - Maybe a Tango/AT/Paso mix?

I do think Caroline's got a potentially killer combination of dances for finals night. All stand-out and vote-winning.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Re: What repeat dances and Showdance would you like to see from each couple?

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:15 am

Since Caroline and Simon will probably be favourites and Mark last, I'll say,"Go Frankie", and hope she's doing Beehoven's 5th again. She has such neat feet that a quickstep showdance and an American Smoothy foxtrot should do it. Go the girl.... cheers
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:03 pm

Oh Frankie must be doing the AT again. They must chose that.

Don't the judges chose the other dance and often go for something where there's room for improvement? If so, they might want to see her salsa again, which might not be a bad thing for Frankie - kevin was ill that week and it must have made a difference.
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:59 pm

Yep Tina the judges pick a dance they want to see improved and the couples choose a favourite they'd like to reprise.

Not sure about Frankie reperforming the Salsa as it wasn't very Salsa-like and Caroline's will be a tough act to follow! Maybe the Samba? She messed bits of that up and got quite upset with herself...could be a chance to show she can do it right.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:45 pm

Sid wrote:Yep Tina the judges pick a dance they want to see improved and the couples choose a favourite they'd like to reprise.

Not sure about Frankie reperforming the Salsa as it wasn't very Salsa-like and Caroline's will be a tough act to follow! Maybe the Samba? She messed bits of that up and got quite upset with herself...could be a chance to show she can do it right.

Ooo, Frankie doing either the Salsa or Samba doesn't fill me with pleasure... Shocked
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Re: What Repeat dances and Showdance would you like to see from each couple?

Post  mauveangel09 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:34 pm

Tina Sparkle wrote:Oh Frankie must be doing the AT again.  They must chose that.

Don't the judges chose the other dance and often go for something where there's room for improvement?  If so, they might want to see her salsa again, which might not be a bad thing for Frankie - kevin was ill that week and it must have made a difference.  

Thinking about past years - whilst they do choose a dance where they think there might be room for improvement it is more within the context of dances that were done earlier in the season which had potential and which they want to see again.  So I very much doubt that any of the dances done this weekend just gone or done in the quarter finals will be the 'judges pick' - although I may be wrong.

Dances I would like to see again   (similar to yours I think S id)

Frankie and Kevin-
Paso Doble and Ballroom Tango

Caroline and Pasha
American Smooth and Argentine Tango or Charleston  (spoilt for choice there! I reckon the judges might choose the American Smooth) Hope she gets to do the Charleston at some point.  Perhaps a AT type Showdance?   That would be good.

Mark and Karen
Waltz and Samba - he did a good Samba.

Simon and Kristina
I just can't choose to be honest....................I think that the Jive was their best latin but I also really liked their Salsa - (despite the music).   Too much to choose from in the ballroom but if not the Foxtrot that they have just done I would like the judges the choose the quickstep - I really liked this routine and I sat up and took notice of Simon with this one -  It was a bit skippy though and I think it could be dynamite if performed again with his improved skills.     I also enjoyed the Edelweiss waltz or then again the Argentine Tango...............oh dear................ confused    I suppose if he did a latin and/or Argentine Tango they could do a ballroom based showdance which I think they definitely should do.

Other Showdances?   Really not sure - some of my favourite couples have been crushingly disappointing in the Showdance in past years, so prefer not to speculate further to be honest but looking forward to seeing what they all come up with................................... Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:46 pm

Pleased Frankie & Kevin are going down the Fred & Ginge route for their Showdance. Will be perfect for them. Frankie's so elegant in Ballroom. She needs to sell it though.

Did Caroline and Pasha mention what they're doing as I missed their bit on last night's ITT?
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top