Something old... Or: A bit of recycling

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something old... Or: A bit of recycling

Post  diamondsandpearls on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Whilst browsing my way through the classic dance thread, I spotted Natalie dancing a quickstep with Scott Maslin in a dress which was suspiciously similar to O la's dress when she dances with Steve to I'm the King of the Swingers... (With some adaptation) And that tune was recycled too!

Has anyone else spotted a recycled costume and tune?
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Re: Something old... Or: A bit of recycling

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:23 am

Spot on D&P

Going thru clips now.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: Something Old or a bit of recycling

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:12 pm

There's a buttermilk dress that's been doing the rounds since about season 7 - there it is every year - sometimes twice in a year!! It is my friend and I always watch for it to appear Very Happy

Abbey Clancey wore a couple of dresses that were very simllar to Lisa Snowden - but we actually don't need to look very far as I'm sure Frankie wore the same dress for her salsa as what she wore for the jive the week before, just with the back off and the skirt dyed another colour - Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:32 am

The buttermillk dress of course! Didn't Rachel Stevens have that on too?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: Some old of a bit of recycling

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:56 pm

saxonsiren wrote:The buttermillk dress of course! Didn't Rachel Stevens have that on too?

Yep - for American Smooth I think.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:53 am

Guys, while I am sure there is SOME recycling......Natalie and O.la are very different heights and I imagine different sizes. Remaking and resizing is usually more labour intensive than starting from scratch. Remaking is more common when you are paying for materials but not for your workforce. Have you all ever unpicked something made of chiffon? I would be more inclined to think that there are some designs that the wardrobe department keep using because they are successful.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:46 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Guys, while I am sure there is SOME recycling......Natalie and O.la are very different heights and I imagine different sizes.  Remaking and resizing is usually more labour intensive than starting from scratch. Remaking is more common when you are paying for materials but not for your workforce. Have you all ever unpicked something made of chiffon? I would be more inclined to think that there are some designs that the wardrobe department keep using because they are successful.

Of course, you are right Hatlady (I've done a fair bit of dressmaking in the past and always groaned when a friend wanted me to 'alter' something - meaning totally re-modify it. It is SO much easier to start from scratch..)

Perhaps what I meant was recycling of the idea/design as much as the dress. Although I am pretty sure that some dresses will have been re-used and modified for dancers of similar build. I think Vicky from Wardrobe mentioned that Judy was wearing some of the pro-dancer's cast offs with modifications...

Now, back to buttermilk. I can't recall this - can anybody post it? Worn by anyone!
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Is this the one? Don't remember anyone else wearing it )mind you, can't remember Rachel wearing it!)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/08/article-1084115-0267F09C000005DC-328_224x321_popup.jpg
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Re:Something Old or a bit of recycling

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:05 pm

Yes this is it - it has been worn many times with different modifications D+P and is a bit of a running joke............

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:17 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Yes this is it - it has been worn many times with different modifications D+P and is a bit of a running joke............

Name names, Mauve! I wanna do a compare and contrast Very Happy
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

ReL Something old or a bit of recycling

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Comes out in most series - will have to thin of specifics tomorrow!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top