Huh .......... Anyone for some overmarking ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Huh .......... Anyone for some overmarking ?

Post  1superken on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Only time C raig annoys me is when he get,s out his way too picky / favouritism 9 . Tonight everyone , including the 2 stitched up like a kipper couples were ridiculously overmarked , except by C raig . Where was L en going to go after Sunetra,s 8 ? Shocked . I doubt it has affected the results though , i expect the couple everyone expected , regardless of being absolutly hung out to dry , & Viva Las Vegas to be in the dance off .

Who for the short straw next ? Shocked
avatar
1superken

Posts : 171
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : In my nest

Back to top Go down

Re: Huh .......... Anyone for some overmarking ?

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:54 pm

And before even the first votes had been made after the first dance L.en was having a go at C.raig for his marks. Shocked

It is getting tirewsome now of, lets all have a dig at C.raig that they all jump on. It also made me mad when L.en (who I generally like) said to C.raig that he only looks for the good in dances whilst C.raig looked for the bad. Sorry L.en but you are supposed to be judging all elements of the dance and pointing out errors otherwise dancers won't improve. He should quit soft soaping them and be tougher on mistakes etc. Besides he is throwing so many tens around that he has nowhere to go when a really brilliant dance comes about.
avatar
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-10-23
Age : 48
Location : Edinburgh

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Huh .......... Anyone for some overmarking ?

Post  1superken on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:15 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:And before even the first votes had been made after the first dance L.en was having a go at C.raig for his marks. Shocked

It is getting tirewsome now of, lets all have a dig at C.raig that they all jump on. It also made me mad when L.en (who I generally like) said to C.raig that he only looks for the good in dances whilst C.raig looked for the bad. Sorry L.en but you are supposed to be judging all elements of the dance and pointing out errors otherwise dancers won't improve. He should quit soft soaping them and be tougher on mistakes etc. Besides he is throwing so many tens around that he has nowhere to go when a really brilliant dance comes about.

I couldn't agree more , the hollywood , predictible , has bothered me for a while , add in the other obvious attempts to attract a new ( dare i say it younger ) audience , i don't know where it,s heading .
avatar
1superken

Posts : 171
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : In my nest

Back to top Go down

Re: Huh .......... Anyone for some overmarking ?

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:57 pm

I'm tempted to comment more on inconsistent marking than over-marking (although I agree some of that is pretty ridiculous). It makes me wonder what exactly the judges are looking for? The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman is strictly a ballroom man (pardon the unintentional pun) with en eagle eye for footwork and basics, Darcy is an air dancer and all about body shape and line. the fabu-u-lus darling one is a show dancer obsessed with hips and looks for visual perfection and perfectly cut finger-nails and Silver tongued Italian Stallion, well, I haven't the faintest idea what he looks for or sees. I am convinced that impartiality isn't in any of their make-ups and if a judge doesn't like someone, wrong as that may be, their marks will suffer. Maybe time someone laid a few rules down as to some basic standards that will allow less fluctuation in the marking. As I've already commented elsewhere, ten points difference betweeb two decent dancers at this stage not only makes the dancers look bad, it doesn't reflect very well on the judges or the show.
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1637
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 77
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: Huh .......... Anyone for some overmarking ?

Post  1superken on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:21 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:I'm tempted to comment more on inconsistent marking than over-marking (although I agree some of that is pretty ridiculous). It makes me wonder what exactly the judges are looking for? The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman is strictly a ballroom man (pardon the unintentional pun) with en eagle eye for footwork and basics, Darcy is an air dancer and all about body shape and line. the fabu-u-lus darling one is a show dancer obsessed with hips and looks for visual perfection and perfectly cut finger-nails and Silver tongued Italian Stallion, well, I haven't the faintest idea  what he looks for or sees. I am convinced that impartiality isn't in any of their make-ups and if a judge doesn't like someone, wrong as that may be, their marks will suffer. Maybe time someone laid a few rules down as to some basic standards that will allow less fluctuation in the marking. As I've already commented elsewhere, ten points difference betweeb two decent dancers at this stage not only makes the dancers look bad, it doesn't reflect very well on the judges or the show.  

Again , i agree Mr T , it,s not the 5,s from C raig im against even though i thought they were maybe a little mean ( though in context maybe not ) it,s more the , overmarking & the comments seem to match & favouritism , it,s almost as if barbed comments have been replaced by hanging some out to dry , i enjoyed most of the dances but the wow dances ? I just hate it when the playing field isn't level Mad
avatar
1superken

Posts : 171
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : In my nest

Back to top Go down

Re: huh......anyone for some overmarking?

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:29 pm

I think that last year the judges showed outrageous favouritism..........it hasn't been so bad this year up until recently but I think Mr T you are right, it is more the lack of consistency and lack of justification to back up the marks in many cases. Whilst CRH marks too low in some cases it is not right the way he is berated by the others and now it seems almost by the presenters as well - however on the other end of the scale I think the '10s' have flown about far too early . Let's have some weeks where we have a technical mark as well as an entertainment mark?

I have a bit of a theory - perhaps some of the judges (ie L en in particular) might think just as we do that the music and themes in some cases are somewhat ridiculous and very difficult to make into recognisable latin or ballroom routines - they don't want to penalise the professionals and they don't want to say how rubbish some of the concepts are ( eg Jake's AT tonight) because it is more than their jobs are worth................. so it is a case of 'if you can't beat them then join them' and we end up with duff critiques on the lines of 'ya came out and ya gave it your all'.................... What more can be said? Rolling Eyes

mauveangel09

Posts : 1535
Join date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Huh .......... Anyone for some overmarking ?

Post  Sid on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:58 pm

I thought all the boys were overmarked tonight, but Jake (who went wrong) and Mark (who barely Salsa-ed) in particular. Sunetra wasn't undermarked as such but their scores should have been brought down to bump her up a bit on the leaderboard. She wasn't the worst, not this evening.
avatar
Sid

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Huh .......... Anyone for some overmarking ?

Post  cellar-door on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:21 am

Sid wrote:I thought all the boys were overmarked tonight, but Jake (who went wrong) and Mark (who barely Salsa-ed) in particular. Sunetra wasn't undermarked as such but their scores should have been brought down to bump her up a bit on the leaderboard. She wasn't the worst, not this evening.

So sad, they could have let her dance a Charleston or Paso as a latin number and not a rumba. Why are they doing this to her? Mad
avatar
cellar-door

Posts : 675
Join date : 2013-12-04
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Huh .......... Anyone for some overmarking ?

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:10 pm

Sid wrote:I thought all the boys were overmarked tonight, but Jake (who went wrong) and Mark (who barely Salsa-ed) in particular.

Three of the judges saw fit to mark Jake 8's Sid. Only C raig gave him a silly five, but even with four sevens he'd have been eleven points behind Caroline and ten behind Simon. I don't see that,, from giving him Mission Impossible Greek hokey-cokey music, for an Argentine Tango, as being correct or over-marked.. Sorry.
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1637
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 77
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: Huh .......... Anyone for some overmarking ?

Post  Sid on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:53 pm

cellar-door wrote:

So sad, they could have let her dance a Charleston or Paso as a latin number and not a rumba. Why are they doing this to her? Mad

Not sure Sunetra would have fared very well with a Charleston, CD. Especially up against Caroline. I fear it would have looked a bit laboured and ungainly as her fast Latin sometimes tends to. Paso could have been great though. But her Rumba was okay - nothing special but not a disaster. I thought C.raig had decided he was going to be harsh regardless.

TANGOLERO wrote:Three of the judges saw fit to mark Jake 8's Sid. Only C raig gave him a silly five, but even with four sevens he'd have been eleven points behind Caroline and ten behind Simon. I don't see that,, from giving him Mission Impossible Greek hokey-cokey music, for an Argentine Tango, as being correct or over-marked.. Sorry.

I voted for Jake because I felt he was stitched up by his theme but also because I think he's got more potential and more audience appeal than Sunetra. But I do think his dance was worse than hers last night Mr T. I thought it was worth 6s and 7s and best.
avatar
Sid

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Huh .......... Anyone for some overmarking ?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum