A Little Bit of Honesty.

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Tina Sparkle wrote:

Carol...well, the public are doing her no favour.  I don't think that she wants to be there.  She's not improving, I get the impression she's not putting a great deal of work in  and she doesn't seem to be enjoying it.  She should be the next to go, but I don't suppose that she will be.

I strongly disagree with this. Of course she wants to be there and she has said she is loving it. Her problems are three or maybe four fold. Firstly, she is a shy lass that comes across clearly which does not help at all in an art like dancing. If you can't let yourselg go and express yourself naturally then you'll find it hard to crack the art of dancing. Secondly, she is merely a weather presenter so does not have the advantage of the pop star celebs who have a natural rhythm and sense the beat of the music which helps greatly and I suppose is why pop celebs have a great track record in Strictly. Likewise, actor celebs have the advantage on her as they can get into character of the dances as it is in their blood. Thirdly, if the lass can't dance as it appears then it is not her fault if people are phoning to keep her in.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:21 pm

Would the judges pick Carol over Jeremy in a DO? Even if Jeremy was the better dancer?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:46 pm

Hello all - very heavy week at work so not much time to post this week.

I think they would pick J eremy to stay over Carol Sax - just my own feeling - but of course you are only ever as good as your last dance so it would depend on what had happened in the course of the evening....................

As you can tell from the time - I'm not watching the show live - we have got some friends coming for dinner at 7.30pm so I didn't want to watch just half of it live - however, as I have to go and see my Mum tomorrow in the day - yet again, I probably won't get to see the show until just before the results show like last week!!!!!! Grrrrrr!!!

I think tonight could be interesting - I think we are in a bit of a 'groundhog day' phase with C arol and J eremy sticking and Jamelia not polling the votes. I hope for her sake she gets a bounce back vote tonight because I feel that if she ends up on the DO with anyone other than C or J then it will be curtains this time...............

I liked the look of K atie and A nton's QS on ITT last night - and it pains me to say that P eter has lucked out with the Charleston as I think it will suit him - although will be annoyed if there is too much body popping moves and if there is, I hope the judges will pick him up on it.

I think Gleb and Anita should do a great jive and I have high hopes for Georgia and Giovanni - the samba looked superb in training and with that music............................anyway - they are probably on now................but I'm going back to my Tarte Tatin that I'm doing for dessert.......

Enjoy the show........... Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:52 pm

Okay it's Saturday night and here is my live reviews of the dances:-

Peter Andre's Charleston was a dance I felt he may struggle with but it was a very pleasant surprise. Really liked this and would say it was his best dance to date. 8 from me. Tad over-marked and creamed over by the judges though for me.

Jamelia's Viennese Waltz I felt she may struggle with it but she didn't do too badly. Some gapping and think there was an error as well. 6 from me.

Carol Kirkwood's American Smooth was a struggle for her - bless. A bit pedestrian for me - 5. B.runo really has something against her though.

Helen George's Rumba you feel would suit her and it did. Some lovely lines and great interpretation. An 8 from me. And I agree with C.raig standing up to pickle my walnuts L.en.

Jay McGuinness's Argentine Tango - much was expected of this from the favourite for the title. It was great. He will take some beating. 9 from me.

Katie Derham's Quickstep I was anticipating much with A.nton's choreography. It was enjoyable but sure I spotted at least one mistake. 7 from me.

Anita Rani's Jive was very good once they ditched those mops. Really liked it. 8 from me.

Kellie Bright's Viennese Waltz was decent - better than Jamelia's. 7 from me.

Jeremy Vine's Tango I was dreading. It wasn't too bad. Posture poor at times but I liked it. 6 from me. B.runo again went a bit OTT for me.

Georgia Maye Foot's Samba I felt would suit her. She didn't disappoint. Great dance, great music and great choreography. Dance of the night from me. 9 from me.

On dance ability Carol to go but on popularity stakes Jamelia to go.

CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:33 pm

I think this should be called Pointless Prop week….anyway, here’s some thoughts (please bear in mind I'm in a grumpy mood tonight!!)

Peter  Credit where it’s due, I thought this was a jam-packed and eye-catching Charleston, and he deserved his place at top of leaderboard. Loved the final ‘lift and drop’. The only part of the routine which I thought odd were the slow motion steps, which didn’t seem to fit. But overall  I really enjoyed it. Janette looks great with the short hair (wonder if it’s a wig or a new haircut)

Jamelia  OK, uneventful, can’t remember it now apart from a lovely red dress

Carol  ridiculous  shop prop-ery  to waste time at the start. I thought she looked quite awkward all the way through this American smooth,  in danger this week I reckon.

Helen - there were several dances tonight which the judges loved and I just couldn’t see what they saw. I thought this rumba was clinical and un-wiggly and I didn’t like it.

Jay  Started off a bit robotically but improved. To be honest I was expecting more from Jay, but a lot of it seemed to be showcasing Aliona, and Jay’s posture was too vertical throughout.

Katie Too ambitious perhaps, but I thought it wasn’t as bad as the judges made out. She got my votes.

Anita  the judges loved it – I thought it was a peculiar jive, too much focus on Gleb and some odd moves. This was my least favourite of all Anitas dances to far.

Kellie – dreary music and a drab costume, can't really remember her waltz now

Jeremy – what to say about the lifesize horse? So OTT bizarre that I enjoyed it.

Georgia – again, I’m not seeing what the judges saw. What I noticed was a massive mess-up in the middle, thought she was overmarked.

Well, I felt that was a bit of a downer week but will re-watch it tomorrow when I'm in a better mood.  But why is B.runo being so nasty, it’s not just his scathing comments but the way he leans back and sniggers afterwards.  I’m going off him big time.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:59 pm

Not in the usual blow by blow format. If we are being honest and based on tonight, Carol was better than a 3 and a 4. That's childish marking. It was certainly not smooth and the "bag of coal" lift didn't help. Pretty obvious the judges want her out, fair enough, but no need to kick her whilst she's down. Two sixes and two fives would have hurt no one.

In the same vein, two I like, Housewives choice and Katie slipped up tonight (well, Katie did) due to an over enthusiasticly paced quickstep. Keep her in for another couple of weeks safely A nton and don't over do it.

Jeremy and Karen "entertained" but we're getting into the real competition stage where entertainment ends unless it's coupled with great dance skill. Jamelia, who seemed to like ballroom, improved greatly tonight and did well in her Viennese Waltz. I still think perm any two from four of Carol, Katie, Jeremy and Jemelia for the dance off.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's the bottom end of things and we have to hope Alzaz was playing safe tonight because his penchant for storytelling almost went very wrong with the panel. The opinions passed won't change; The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman is the total ballroom perefectionist and I have to agree he was right. Rumba is many more things than a seductive moonlight flirtation, it's a totally rythmic dance with patterns and basic moves. It isn't a show dance but a dance inducing up-tempo rythmn. The music choices defy belief at times; square pegs and round holes come to mind. Helen can dance, she doesn't need caution at this stage and this was very cautious to say the least.

Five dances stood apart tonight and all were a credit to the contestants. Not a P eter Andre lover, I nevertheless raise my hat to his opening Charlston tonight. It was quite magnificent. Sharp, clean and perfectly synchronised, a tribute to Janette's choreography and Peter's effort.
Fantastic start to what was a very entertaining show.

How I would have liked to see Jay and Aliona's Argentine Tango under bright lights. Dark trousers and dark blue lighting meant I had to really peer into the gloom to see what was a fantastic tango. Aliona is a genius in both choreography and teaching as well as being a dazzling dancer. These two are right up at the sharp end. Jay is a very talented lad.

Anita and Gleb turned in a dazzling jive, full of fire and energy and a clever routine. Well worth its high marks.

Kelly and Kevin's Waltz  I found a bit wishy washy in a competition where comparisons are being made. Strange Edelweiss outfit for Kelly. They are in no danger, but like Alzaz, Kevin needs to forget safety and go out to impress a little. This is a competition, not a show.

By comparison, Geovani and Georgia threw caution to the winds and staked their claim as fron-runners with a frantic samba to Volare. Clean as a whistle and full of rhythm, Georgia is a real dancer.

As a guide to how precarious it all is, was Peter four marks better than both Jay and Alion a and Anita and Gleb, who showed only two marks better than Kelly and Kevin?

I'll be disappointed overall if one of Carol, Jamelia and Jeremy don't leave this week.
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Peter André and Janette - Charleston
Not bad at all - one of his better efforts I thought. The mirroring and leg flicks weren't perfect but very good. Definitely his dance. I may be carping, but I wonder if he did really change his own style. I wonder if the dance just suited his own style rather than anything else. I certainly wouldn't have given a 10.

Jamelia and Tristan - Viennese Waltz
Not bad at all - shame about the guitar. I enjoyed the dance and I thought it was smooth and elegant. She'd definitely improved. A 7 or an 8 from me.

Carol and Pasha - American Smooth
On one hand, I'm glad to see that Carol has improved a little, but she's still fairly stiff. The lifts were a bit worrying as well. A 5 from me. Time for her to go.

Helen and Alzaj - Rumba
Well I don't know if it was technically correct, but I was totally convinced. I thought it was so beautiful and so sensual. Her legs are gorgeous and the way they moved from the rigid straight and pointed look to a mobile and almost elastic form was terrific.  I felt it was one of her best dances. I'd have given it a 9.

Jay and Aliona - Argentine Tango
Well I thought it was going to be so static to begin with, then they burst into action and it became so thrilling. It was like a short musical piece – a rondo – slow, fast, slow, fast - beautifully formed. I wouldn't have given it less than a 9.

Katie and Housewives choice - Quickstep
It's such a shame they had the mis-steps. I couldn't  really see her feet under the fluffy hem of her dress. Their former promise hasn't materialised sadly. I don't think the judges have helped her at all. She'll be gone soon I'm afraid. A 7.

Anita and Gleb - Jive
Fun routine. I thought she forgot a couple of moves perhaps, but she was very very good. I thought Darcy was less than pleased that the glitter went down her cleavage! A 9.

Kellie and Kevin - Waltz
“Aw”, says Mrs Twirlie, “they're so sweet!” And they were. That was a lovely waltz well executed. (And the costumes were gorgeous.)  An 8.

Jeremy and Karen - Tango
Poor man can't straighten his legs when he's in hold, Karen's just too small. A 5. Time for him to go too.

Georgia and Giovanni - Samba
I really really enjoyed this. She's great and so dynamic, although I wondered if she got a little tired at the end of the number. Definitely a 9 though.

Carol, Jeremy and Katie should be going soon. If their public support keeps them in much longer, then we're going to have two of the top six celebs in the dance off. I certainly don't want to see that.  Jay, Kellie, Helen, Georgia, Anita and Peter should stay in till the others have gone. I still don't know which of them is going to win.
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:26 pm

Peter - He's at his best when he's not constrained by Ballroom and Latin techniques and can just let fly. This was his moment. I hated it, naturally, but he deserved to be top (though I object to 10s for Charlestons more than any other dance after Sophie didn't get hers). 9

Jamelia - Would have been very easy for her to feel defeated and give up, but she took on an "I'll show 'em" attitude and worked even harder. Gotta admire that. Shame about the collision with the guitar (why even include it, Tristan?) but even without the mishap, the VW had its problems as the judges pointed out. Will be surprised if she avoids another dance off. 6.5

Carol - Likeable, cheery lady, tries hard, but I'm really bored now. Pasha in those trousers tho  Shocked  Wink 5

Helen - Disappointing. Didn't live up to the promise shown in the training clips. Noticeable lack of hip movement. They didn't create much chemistry either. Helen and Aljaz both lovely people but I'm not feeling much of a connection between them or with them. 7

Jay - This was a bit of damp squib as well. Didn't really create much atmosphere, felt flat. I do need Jay to up the intensity level and bring more charisma in his performances. I don't mean to Kellie / Peter levels (!) but SOMETHING. His naturally cool and laid-back style suited the Jive but not these dances. 7

Katie - She seems to have lost confidence. I think if Katie had done this Quickstep after her VW, it would have been a different dance. I feel a bit sad for her. Maybe too ambitious a routine? 6.5

Anita - She's not the best, and things need tweeking, but I think what Anita's achieving in the space of a week, each week, for a novice, is pretty impressive. She has no inhibitions either. 8

Kellie - First thing that struck me was how hideous her dress was. They never seem to give Kellie an elegant gown (if they did, I think it would help soften her slightly 'harsh' look). That said, the shorter skirt did show off her neat footwork (even I, as a non-expert, could see it) and I didn't mind the simplicity and low-key nature of the routine though I wonder if it'll be memorable enough when it comes to the voting. Still, it was a refreshing change from these two. 8.5

Jeremy - STILL making me howl. Loved and hated it all in one. 5.5

Georgia - By god did they take a long time to get going but once they did it was super fast - despite the one obvious mistake, a good Samba (still not convinced by her turns though). 8.5

2 votes for Jeremy, 1 for Anita.

That was my least favourite week so far (and that's saying something after Halloween!). I'm just not as engaged in Strictly this year as I usually am. There's no one I'm DYING to see from one week to the next and the conclusion seems foregone.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:43 am

I managed to watch the show on Saturday night (albiet a bit later) for a change. Enjoyed the show. T ess wasn't so annoying at the judges desk this week. Thought the band did a great job particularly on the Charleston number.

Peter - I loved the Vaudeville feel to this Charleston. They looked like they were having fun, and so did I watching it. Not too many lifts to disrupt the dancing. Thought it was good that Janette admitted that the choreography was a group effort between 3 people.

Jamelia - Had to laugh at Tristan being told off for driving Jamelia into the props! Steered her into the Formula 1 tyres and the floor guitar. She’s trying hard, and improving in hold, but still doesn’t light my fire. She doesn’t seem to be enjoying it the past few weeks or maybe that’s the effect of all the dance offs.

Carol - Agony. Just because they are allowed lifts on the AS, surely they don’t HAVE to do them if it’s going to affect her nerves, and the flow of the dance so badly? Reminded me of the Grace Brothers set. Almost expected Pasha to say 'I'm free'.

Helen - I’m just not warming to Helen. She reminds me of an ice queen. I agreed with L en. Not enough Rhumba content and I couldn’t see much hip action either (through the bottom of my glass). Fed up with the ‘no, yes, maybe, no’ Rhumba scenario’s, (and that’s just about if they can do the blooming dance!). The pros seem committed to show style Rhumba’s which sometimes look the same sort of mish-mash.

Jay - I know he gets panned for lack of facial expression, but surely he’s supposed to look a bit aloof and Mr Cool in the AT? Cr aig mentioned not enough Gauchos (doesn’t the great choreographer mean Ganchos?).  I liked it, and agree he could have done more foot dressing but I was impressed by the turning spins he did whilst lifting Aliona. I thought he showcased her beautifully.

Katie - I always worry with the quickstep. It’s so fast and one mistake and you’re in trouble. I thought the judges were baiting the public to vote for her after they all slated her a couple of weeks ago. Now I wonder if they are just convinced she’s peaked. Hope she stays in for one or two more weeks. Felt a bit sorry for her. A talented lady with a leaking ego

Anita - Commits every time and really goes for it. I thought she made a couple of small errors? I enjoyed the jive and thoroughly approve of her sticking her sweeping brush up Gleb’s posterior (worth a vote just for that)

Kellie - liked the concept, but not keen on the music. No doubt technically competent, but looked ‘safe’ to me, and dare I say a bit boring. Her facial expressions when she dances are more frozen than Jay's, yet that's never mentioned. Another shriekfest in the Clauditorium.

Jeremy - I loved this. It was ‘Blazing Saddles’ gone bonkers. I kept expecting the horse to start following them dressage style. Cheesy, but memorable. He didn’t smile, but I couldn’t stop. I recognised some of the Tango moves, and thought the normal flexed knee Tango stance helped with their massive height difference. Out of all the weakest dancers, I hope he stays the longest.

Georgia - For me, Georgia & Anita are the strongest girls. Georgia reminds me of Louisa Lytton. Fearless, and dances like a pro from week 1. A nice looking Samba, with a couple of my favourite bochicardo steps. Good content. ? a couple of minor errors. My only grumble is the endless speed Giovanni insists on. It puts Georgia at risk of errors or missing some of the finer detail, having to gallop through everything. What is it with Italians? Fast cars, women and dancing!
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:27 am

Great reviews Mr T Sid and B4.
I have to jrudgingly give Peter and Janette credit for their Charleston, great show opener and I really enjoyed it. Loved the concept. We didn't  get a sycophantic speech afterwards either. good job.
jamelia I think it was ok but I've mostly forgotten it already.
Carol oh dear, this wasn't smooth at all, I think the game's up
Helen given that I'm not a fan of Rumba I quite liked this, but it didn't set me alight.
Jay great AT maybe not enough ganchos but I thought he did really well. I wish they'd stop panning him for his facial expressions, it's as if that's all they can criticise him for. I was swept away even if they weren't.
Katie I think A.nton took a risk here that unfortunately didn't pay off. He wanted it to be spectacular after last week, and she lost it a bit. shame, but still a decent effort
Anita I'm liking her more and more, she gets my vote. She just puts everything into it each week. I like some of the trademark Gleb moves, apart from the crab or whatever it was!Should be a finalist for me.
Kellie I thought by her standard she struggled a bit. Did notice the attention to footwork, but her head looked wrong in places. Not bad, but not great either
Jeremy yee-ha! I love his attitude and effort to learn to dance, but he needs to be careful not to turn into the comedy act. Hope he can keep it straight next week if he stays, honest dancing, good or bad
Georgia another one who is getting my votes. Great job, she reminds me of Louisa too, such a little bag of energy.

Much better night for me than Halloween, but still too many props! Carol, Jamelia maybe Katie, probably not Jeremy in danger. Should be Carol, lovely lady but time to go.
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:38 am

All great comments. I think Peter found his mojo this week but forgot the be humble and be silent rule afterwards.
Helen for me just seems ice cold doesn't engage in emotion all very stiff upper lip British style.
Jeremy well there is improvement but he does make me smile.
Carol sorry but time to go. Anita a slow burning candle and Gleb less me,me oh and me.
Never clicked with Georgia and Giovanni so meh really. Kevin and Kellie ok I'm bored of sweet saccharine safe roles now step out of the sweetness into the savoury please!
Jamelia just annoys me and I fast forward as not engaged with.
A.non not sure if his showcasing his partner for once instead of the fun element and his partner not quite up to it. Lots of little errors.
For me Carol go before Jamelia/Jeremy
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:08 am

Interesting comments re: Jay. For me, it's not really about painting on facial expressions. It's more about emoting the music and creating a mood. I felt somewhat detached from his Argentine Tango instead of being drawn in. Was a bit mechanical? Mark Ramprakash was quite a shy guy, and he didn't do any of the excessive gurning (let's face it, Kazza did enough for the both of them!) but his performances always had my undivided attention. I'm sure Jay will get there - they'll get him an acting coach or something and he'll have his 'breakthrough'.

saxonsiren wrote:I'm bored of sweet saccharine  safe roles now step out of the sweetness into the savoury  please!

It's Bake Off all over again Sax Laughing
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Didn't Camilla get an acting coach in for Gethin? Jay might need that. Aliona did say on ITT Jay didn't have many ganchos in fact he didn't know what they were. Wondered if they were avoided due to his bad knee?

Carol has reached the end of the road surely. I am very unsure about Pasha's connection understanding of someone who can't dance. He keeps trying to make her dance alone and putting in the lifts was so unnecessary. Or maybe he can't cope with someone who is so cheery all the time!!!!
The Charleston suited Peter but didn't think it was worth 2 10s.

I agree with Mr T about lighting. I have struggled to see the dancers with some of the lighting being so OTT.
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Yes Moova a coach came in. I'm not sure if another pro dancer had a Tango couple come into teach them a few moves In the past a few have been into drama workshops it does help.

Sid,oh how I'm missing bake off! Could we not have had a .loonytoad quack (lingerie)off for Christmas baking?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Moova 12 wrote:Didn't Camilla get an acting coach in for Gethin?
The Charleston suited Peter but didn't think it was worth 2 10s.

I agree. It was his best dance so far for me but not worthy of two 10's.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:59 pm

First week I've felt moved to think about a rundown, so that may mean something...or nothing!

Peter and Janette - great Charleston and a super performance. Possibly one of the best male Charleston's I've seen on Strictly. I think that it suited Peter's style and it played to his strengths as a performer. He's certainly a great performer, I remain to be convinced that he's a great dancer, though.

Jamelia and Tristan - all credit to Jamelia for coming out fighting after last week. She is improving and it wasn't a bad effort. Her frame's not there yet, but it's better than it was and her footwork is improving. Not great, but there are others who should be in the dance-off before she is.

Carol and Pasha - I think that the end has come. Nice lady, but she's run her course.

Helen and Aljaz - I have to agree with The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman on this one, there was a lack of Rumba content. It didn't do much for me. Helen looks too fragile and tentative in the Latin dances, she reminds me of Ali Bastien a bit, except that the one the one thing she did have was chemistry with Brian Fortuna. There's a lack of connection between Helen and Aljaz, which I find strange as if nothing else I'd have thought she could act the parts. Oh, and Adele should sue.

Jay and Aliona - well from what i could see Jay's footwork was excellent, but whoever decided to use that blue lighting should be taken out and shot. Jay's excellent technically but I agree that he does need to put a bit more feeling into it. I think that he's this year's Louis Smith - suddenly it'll all work for him and he'll be magnificent. He just needs that breakthrough dance.

Katie and A.nton - A.nton took a risk which didn't quite come off. Yes, there were mistakes and I think that Katie was tiring by the end, but the choreography was very difficult and she had a good try at it. I think Silver tongued Italian Stallion was right - another week of rehearsal and it would have been spectacular, but this is Strictly and you only get one week. I think they'll be safe, the A.nton fan club will keep them in for a while yet (and Katie may improve).

Anita and Gleb - thoroughly enjoyed them. Anita threw caution to the winds, went for it and it paid off. Yes there were a couple of small missteps, but in the overall scheme they were tiny. I think that Anita's shaping up to the dark horse of the competition - of the genuine beginners I think that she's the best - and I like Gleb much more than I thought I would.

Kellie and Kevin - very good footwork - some of it not at all easy. I saw two heel turns very nicely done....but...something was wrong. I can't quite put my finger on it, she was holding onto Kevin's hand like grim death at one point when I saw it in close-up, but I don't know if that was it. The whole didn't seem to add up to the sum of the parts somehow, which is a feeling I often get with Kellie. Maybe Kevin's working a bit too hard? Maybe the dress distracted me. God, wardrobe must really hate her.

Jeremy and Karen - I started laughing as soon as I saw Jeremy on that horse and didn't stop until after the scores. I'm not sure that anyone should ever do a Tango to Go West but it was pure entertainment. And you know what? There was some Tango in there, and he didn't do it badly either. He's safe for a while yet.

Georgia and Giovanni - for once I enjoyed the comedy routine. It was totally daft, but Giovanni's face when Georgia tried to compare Old Trafford to the Colosseum was wonderful. And I love "Joe Varney". The dance was fabulous. Samba is so difficult to do well, but this was fast (mostly accurate) and they both looked like they were having a ball. And the music was good - and right for a Samba! The stand out dance of the night for me.

Surely Carol must be in the bottom two tonight? As long as she is whoever is the dance off with her (difficult to say, but my money's on Jamelia or Katie) will be safe for another week.

At the moment I'm thinking Jay, Georgia and Anita for the final three. I don't think that either Helen or Peter is quite going to last the distance, and somehow I'm not convinced by Kellie. but I might be wrong! (And probably will be.)
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:19 pm

Glad you felt moved enough to post a review of the dances Tina, enjoyed reading it Smile
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Tina Sparkle wrote:

Surely Carol must be in the bottom two tonight?  As long as she is whoever is the dance off with her (difficult to say, but my money's on Jamelia or Katie) will be safe for another week.

I agree. The only way Carol will be back next week is if she avoids the dance-off.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Just caught up with watching the show and thought I would do a post before it becomes Wink redundant!!!

Overall I enjoyed this week's show but I think we are rather stuck on a plateau at this point with 6 couples at the top who have remained safe thus far - 2 in the middle - K atie and Jamelia - and 2 at the bottom C arol and J eremy. Until some of the 'blockers' (sorry!) move out we won't get a real idea of the fan base share of that top 6 and how it may play out ultimately. I know some of us haven't been 'feeling the love' so much for the contest this year but it could still be all to play for - last year at this time I would not have said that Caroline Flack would have won - however, I felt the whole thing was less certain last year as to who was on the top until much later and that's what made it more exciting - but I have high hopes that the business end of this year will provide some 'dance shoes at dawn' moments - lest we forget that there are only 4 places in the final.................... Wink

My favourite routines this week were the first and last - It really pains me to say it but I thought P eters Charleston was fabulous, easily the best Charleston of the series so far and the makings of really memorable one. I would have given him '9'. The uncharitable side of me Twisted Evil says that he lucked out on a dance that suited him, great music which brought it all together and dance that also suited his partner Janette. However it was great - good for Janette for not taking credit for the choreography and whoever said that short hair suits her was absolutely right.

My other favourite was Georgia and Giovanni - wow - what a fabulous samba in terms of bounce, content and style - I loved it along with the music another '9' from me - I am warming more to them each week and they are edging towards possibly being my favourites - however, Gio is lucky that Georgia is so young and fit as everything is so fast and furious there is always a moment in every dance where she looks like she is going to lose it.

A few other random observations:

Jamelia and Tristan - 7 - better than I expected - I can see she has improved and I liked the swing and sway of this one. However, I feel she massively loses energy towards the end of every dance that she does She may be lucky and either get a sympathy bounce back vote this week or be up against Jeremy or C arol in the DO.

Helen and Alijaz - 8 - I've scored it highly because I recognise she is a skllled dancer and he is a skilled choreographer but on a personal level I found it lukewarm and I entirely agreed with the judges comments about the total lack of rhumba - they could have done a dramatic routine and still put in more rhumba shapes and steps at the points where the routine became static. On paper these two are usually the sort that I support but I am having difficulty in warming to them and I find the charisma between them a bit dodgy. H elen looked like she wanted to throw a dagger a L en when he gave his comments.

Jay and A liona - 8
Again, totally agreed with the judges comments - this was about as intense as a Mother and Son dancing together! It was nevertheless a great routine to brilliant music and I did enjoy it - good shot and particularly for the first AT of the series but this one won't go down as one of the classics I feel - dancing is more than being able to get the steps right. I think he can do it with help - Louis Smith also had this problem.

K atie and A nton - 7
I don't think A nton had much of a choice but to throw everything at this one after the last few weeks and I'm glad the judges recognised this and were more constructive this week. I loved the beginning with the canes and I think if he had dialled it back a bit she could have still given a great performance without the mistakes - as she couldn't keep up. He needs to make sure she is securer with the choreography in order to give a confident performance.

Anita and G leb - 8
Another great peformance from Anita who is proving to be very versatile - however I actually didn't think this was their best dance and a few pointless moves by G leb that seemed to showcase himself didn't go down well with me. I felt the theme got in the way of the dance a bit.

K ellie and K evin - 8
IMO these two are really coasting - it showed last week and this week. She is a good dancer, he knows it, not much more to say. Even though they don't put a foot wrong I find their ballroom very forgettable and that costume was one of the worst!!! As other couples up the anti and dancers of a lesser standard get knocked out - K evin needs to be careful that they don't fizzle. I get the feeling he thinks he has already booked his place in the final again.

That's about it then - Just in time.
Lastly - I agree with the person ( I think it was S id) who said that at this point in the contest there should not be any '3's or '4s' - every couple has improved since the early weeks relative to their starting points - and I would have given C arol and J eremy '5' apiece to be honest.

I would like to see K atie stay - over Jeremy, Carol and Jamelia.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Result:
Only fair that Carol exited and she perhaps stayed a couple or three weeks over due. It was a shame she just couldn't get the rudimentaries of dancing. Lovely lady but blighted by shyness, lack of rhythm and any acting ability.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:57 pm

The big surprise was Kellie being in the dance-off and puts a question mark over her popularity stakes with the public in the coming weeks.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:12 pm

I wasn't at all surprised to see K ellie and K evin in the DO tonight - I did not look at the result in advance but after watching the show late this afternoon I just had a feeling about them which was reflected it in my previous post.   There was actually a point tonight where I thought that it could be H elen and A lijaz there with them and that there would be shock exit.     I think the K and K situation will certainly fire a shot across the bows of the 'top' couples  -    I must say I was happy for Jamelia tonight and I haven't been her greatest supporter.

C arol should have gone last week really but so happy that she went out on a dance that she obviously really enjoyed and that showed off her improvement - rather than that awful rhumba.    I really enjoyed her gracious exit - a lovely lady - I think you get what you see with her and she has clearly really enjoyed the whole experience which is what SCD is all about and I loved what P asha said about her.     Well done C arol!   A great contestant and a great farewell.

I very much enjoyed the results show tonight - I always enjoy the Remembrance Sunday show and tonight was no exception -  great to hear 'in the mood' and what a fantastic opening number from the pros bounce bounce bounce

Wish the beeb would give us a compilation programme of the best of the pro routines over the years???

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Right order but C.C's right about popularity, because Kellie is far better than Carol (now eliminated) Jeremy, Jamelia and Katie and should never have been in the D.O. . Delighted for A nton to get Katie through and I'd love them to reach the Tower Ballroom, but I really had hoped that the popularity factor was fading away just a little in favour of dance talent by now. Please don't let the Twitterati whoop and holler brigade cock it all up. Poor Carol, nice as she is, was never really in with a hope from the judges, but she had reached her sell-by date and Pasha must have well known it with that Mary Poppins, Chim-chim-cheree, bag-of-coal lift. He must have a very strong back.

Ah well, Onwards....
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:32 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:  

I very much enjoyed the results show tonight - I always enjoy the Remembrance Sunday show and tonight was no exception -  great to hear 'in the mood' and what a fantastic opening number from the pros bounce bounce bounce

Having just spent a few days a week for a couple of months jiving to that, I was almost levering myself out of my chair before I realised it. Very Happy Yes, a real treat to have the Rememberance special. Like it or no, America gave us all the best music and dance ever. If the music makes you want to dance, then it's dance music.  Great opening and the pros should get more time. Bit disappointed Seal didn't sing Kiss from a Rose, which I love, but he was excellent anyway.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Evening Smile

I also really enjoyed the traditional 40s dance for Remembrance weekend. Good job Neil Jones and everybody (by the way N Jones a good follow on Twitter for commenting and scoring the Strictly dances each weekend).

Unsurprised by the dance off to be honest. All week on ITT and then again last night they were urging viewers to vote for Jamelia (and Jeremy obviously isn't leaving until Blackpool) so one out of Kellie, Helen or Anita was going to be there. And Kellie's was the least memorable dance of the 3. Incidentally, it was this very week last series that Caroline bottom two-ed doing a bland Waltz in a bad dress!

So, farewell Carol. And cheerio for now Pasha's bum.

Too bad we never got to see the Flying Teabag under L.en's l.ens Laughing
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top