A Little Bit of Honesty.

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  Sid on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:52 pm

Well I think Kirsty, Brendan and viewers all breathed a collective sigh of relief. Was becoming almost painful to watch. Still, I'm pleased she can take the memory of her Viennese Waltz with her. It was the one time everything clicked - and you want that to happen at least once for all the celebs.

As for Jamelia, I'm afraid I've got limited sympathy for her "people clearly don't like me" whine. If you're going to be one of these "tell it like it is" types that fat-shames women then you can't be too surprised if you subsequently struggle in the popularity stakes. Maybe try being tactful and kind in future?

Must admit I'm surprised Carol STILL hasn't faced the Bottom 2. She must have a very loyal but quiet set of fans out there!

diamondsandpearls wrote:

I also agree that the theme gets in the way of the dancing. But Giovanni had ghostbusters for goodness sakes and he did an inspired and recognisable tango - possibly dance of the night for me. I really don't like Giovanni, but he responded to the awful theme and stupid song with some clever thinking. I think A.nton is too comfortable and resting on the laurels of his years of experience and trotting out the same old same old.

I'd say A.nton actually lucked out theme-wise. Okay it wasn't authentic Paso music (when is it these days) but I'd take a Paso to Phantom over most the other music-dance-theme combos this weekend. The audience's response when their names were called out showed they're still very popular though.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:13 pm

I think the popularity stakes were mapped out very clearly tonight. It was the only way Carol was going to stay in, but I did wonder if even her fan base would be enough  to save her. Given that over the next few weeks, in no articular order Carol, Jamelia, Jeremy and. Katie are going to go, I wonder if Carol and Jezza will be the last two standing and have to dance off against each other? Or is a.nton's loyal band of supporters enough to keep Katie in?
Ah, the joys of Strictly! tongue
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:19 pm

The Mexican Grand Prix trounced SCD again in my house and I had to watch the Results Show on the computer Iplayer - Grr!!

With the QS next week and both the studio audience and the public clearly on their side - I don't think Katie and A nton will have a problem with getting further in the contest - in fact I think others might start to fade in the next few weeks.

I knew that J eremy would survive this week - he must be very popular and it helped having an iconic track I think - but I wonder how long he will carry on - we've seen a lot of the past seemingly unassailable comedy acts fade out on or before Blackpool. Carol also must be polling a huge vote share, being very obviously bottom of the leaderboard.

Jamelia lives to see another day - thought there was little to choose between she and Kirsty in the DO at the end of the day. Just a random comment:   I do think that Jay is still more comfortable out of hold and needs to work quite a lot on his ballroom IMO.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Allsewn - Some of us are voting for Katie - NOT A.nton!

I liked A.nton very much the first few series, but I find him a bit wearing now. I wish we had kept hold of Vincent rather than A.nton.
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:35 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Allsewn - Some of us are voting for Katie - NOT A.nton!

I liked A.nton very much the first few series, but I find him a bit wearing now. I wish we had kept hold of Vincent rather than A.nton.

I have voted for Katie too D&P, as she was quite a revelation early on. I think she's the top of the second division league for dancing. I have found A.nton annoying this series, constantly talking over people, but his fan base is loyal. Mr T, please not An.ton to replace Tess, he would do my head in!

Times like this we really miss Kate our vital statistician - I would love her number crunching take on things, if you're loitering out there, Kate, pop in and say hello!
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:40 pm

Yes I so agree Allse - would be good to get some real figures and statistics to get a perspective on things - Kate was brilliant for this.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:23 am

Apparently, leaked voting figures show Katie and A.nton are top almost every week. I know it's the Star but the person who tweeted the link says they've been right about voting figures for other shows in the past so...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/strictly/473333/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Katie-Derham-darlin-voters-champion

I thought Jay would be miles ahead. I mean, he still could run away with it because voters might feel he's safe at the top of the table for now and Katie and A.nton have needed rescuing from the bottom, but still - interesting!
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:59 am

Due to work I missed the results show and couldn't resist catching up with the result here. Sad to see Kirsty go as she seemed to be turning a corner but still she is amongst the weakest dancers left but not THE weakest. Clearly, Jamelia must be the least popular celeb still in as she keeps landing in the dance-off even after finishing mid-table and being far from the weakest dancer. I would say Carol will only stay in as long as she avoids the dance-off as the judges will no doubt send her packing at the first chance.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:30 am

Sid on the one spoiler site Jay and Aliona consistently top of the viewers votes for that site.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:28 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Sid on the one spoiler site Jay and Aliona consistently  top of the viewers votes  for that site.

Sax is that an online voting forum? Jay is well ahead on those. The Star though is referring to the actual / official BBC voting figures.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Decided to have another look through the dances. Views much as before except to applaud the cleverness of Anita and Gleb's routine and execution. Atmospheric in a mainly fake evening and very well danced. I liked that a lot. Where on earth did C raig get a 6 from for that? I can understand and accept what a nit-picker he is, what else is new? ,but that sort of marking worries me and could seriously hurt chances. That was never a six mark in the history of dance.

Jay, Georgia and Helen were also really good and Katie/Housewives choice not nearly as bad as some seem to think. Add Kelly as good, and Carol, Jamelia,
Peter, Kirsty, Jeremy and Katie as also-rans. That's how it looks to be panning out. Jay to fight it out with the rest.
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:52 pm

Just watched the results show.
queen I loved, loved, LOVED that opening Pro 'Chess' dance. Quirky, atmospheric. So clever. king
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:58 pm

B4p wrote:Just watched the results show.
queen I loved, loved, LOVED that opening Pro 'Chess' dance. Quirky, atmospheric. So clever. king

Yes, yes, but don't forget the music B4p, the music.....Tocata and Fugue.... Cool
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:00 pm

Loved it all. The music, costumes and dance. See - It CAN be done. Take note Strictly Towers
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Yes Sid an online voting system. Each week so far the dancer voted off has been in the last three places! I shall see how the results fare this week.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Tocata and fuge played at my wedding Shocked my other half's favourite piece!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:22 pm

B4p wrote:Just watched the results show.

YES. Was exceptional. It's been a long while since a pro dance made we want to applaud at the end.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:42 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Tocata and fuge played at my wedding Shocked my other half's favourite piece!

I know classics shouldn't be messed with, but I still have the L.P with this on. Sky were all top musicians anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgbgUrp1a70
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:30 pm

We should have had it playing as we signed the registry however it played as we walked back up the aisle as man and wife Shocked
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:51 pm

I'm afraid that I found the Halloween show mostly irritating. In previous years the theme and the costumes and the music have threatened to overshadow the dancing, this year they did. I've never seen so many dances performed to totally unsuitable, ridiculous music...grumble...grumble...I'm getting old!

Carol and Jeremy are clearly the weakest dancers, but I think that Jamelia will certainly go before them as she just doesn't seem to have any popular vote. I know nothing of Jamelia other than that she used to be a pop star, why do people dislike her so much? She seems pretty anodyne, but is she really a screeching harridan or something?

Katie I'm not so sure about. A nton is still very popular and she will probably turn in some good performances in ballroom so I think that she may be around for a while. (Actually I thought that their Paso last week not at all bad compared to some of the other attempts we've seen.) Jeremy is entertaining and that and the Radio 2 vote will keep him safe for a few more weeks.

Carol...well, the public are doing her no favour. I don't think that she wants to be there. She's not improving, I get the impression she's not putting a great deal of work in and she doesn't seem to be enjoying it. She should be the next to go, but I don't suppose that she will be.

I miss Kate and her analysis too, it was always interesting to hear what was really going on in the voting and all the trends. The other person I really miss is Hat Lady. I loved her analysis of the costumes and I haven't seen her about at all this year. Is anyone in touch with her in real life? I seem to recall that she hadn't been well last year. I do hope that she's OK.
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Tina I miss Hatlady's reviews about wardrobe a lot. I recall she hadn't been well not sure if HL also busy with dance school? Or something like that?
Jamelia has in the past put her foot in her mouth with scathing remarks usually in magazines or lately loose women (I call it the screech show).
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:14 pm

Tina Sparkle wrote:I know nothing of Jamelia other than that she used to be a pop star, why do people dislike her so much?  She seems pretty anodyne, but is she really a screeching harridan or something?

I think Jamelia's coming across fine on Strictly but as sax says, prior to this, she's come out with some pretty fatuous and insensitive comments - e.g. recently she said shops should stop stocking clothes for larger women so as to shame them into losing weight. That sort of thing's not going to win over many fans.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm

Talking of missing posters - Haven't seen anything from Cellar Door in the last week???
Hope you're ok CD?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:29 am

mauveangel09 wrote:Talking of missing posters - Haven't seen anything from Cellar Door in the last week???
Hope you're ok CD?

I've seen him post under the YouTube clips of the various dances mauve, hopefully he'll pop back on here again at some point.

I do miss Kate and HatLady.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:52 am

Sid wrote:

I think Jamelia's coming across fine on Strictly but as sax says, prior to this, she's come out with some pretty fatuous and insensitive comments - e.g. recently she said shops should stop stocking clothes for larger women so as to shame them into losing weight. That sort of thing's not going to win over many fans.

Crikey blimey! Well that makes more sense. She's lost the votes of the largest part of the Strictly demographic - women!
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top