A Little Bit of Honesty.

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:28 pm

Well justice was done...............there is a god!   Mind you I did not think it would be this week that Scott exited - wrong again.   Who was it that remembered about C raig Kelly saying he wanted to get to Blackpool and then being voted off that night??   Was it Sax??  

However - I would of course have put Judy in the DO ahead of Alison this week. Where on earth was L en coming from with his comments???  confused I know where you are coming from about being kind but it seemed that Zoe, T ess and then L en  were determined to big Scott up until the last..............  The segment where his Mother took C raig to task was unbelievable - so inappropriate, by all means support your offspring, it is expected, but taking on the judges however nicely done is not on............Not that it made any difference in the end.

It was such an intense results show -  I kept looking at Simons face - who obviously fully expected to be in the DO and then Steve and O la being left right until last!!   I'm not altogether convinced that the penultimate couple to be called out are those who have the next lowest scores?   I just think the producers like to play around - sometimes they leave a couple until last who have been near the top of the leaderboard - who knows? Perhaps you are right CD -  it certainly made for tension tonight as I was convinced that Steve and O la would be dancing again.

Anyway - on with the show - Jake has another dance where he can be mean moody and dramatic - I want to see something different from him.

Anyhow it has struck midnight on Hallowe'en and let's put the whole thing behind us and hope it is a better show next week! Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  cellar-door on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:29 pm

B4p wrote:So glad that Steve got through. Next weeks dance choices are starting to look critical. Jake and the Rhumba? That should test his acting skills. I think Judy would be best parked on An ton's Dracula high wire next so that she doesn't have to get too close to the dance floor. Illegal lifts seem to be common place over the past 3 weeks so I'm sure the judges won't mind!

Jake can blag his hips in quick dances like Salsa, but he hasn't done the 'proper' hip actions required of a cha-cha. And to make things even more difficult, rumba is like a slowed down version of a cha-cha, which makes it even MORE difficult to create that hip action. I am sure he could act the dance, I am going to see how he's going to master the hip actions. We might get so hyped up that he's the snake-hip of this series only to be disappointed next Saturday when he danced that fiendishly difficult dance that is rumba!

With regards to illegal lifts, I don't understand why Janette added one in their Quickstep routine?! Shocked
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:32 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Well justice was done...............there is a god!   Mind you I did not think it would be this week that Scott exited - wrong again.   Who was it that remembered about C raig Kelly saying he wanted to get to Blackpool and then being voted off that night??   Was it Sax??

It was me. *feeling suitably smug about my prediction*. And I said that before the show and again after the Saturday show... Very Happy
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:35 pm

It seems to be open season on illegal lifts this year - the judges didn't even mention the one that Janette put into the QS- I wish they would address this on ITT as nothing has been said about relaxing the rules this year.............. Question

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:37 pm

cellar-door wrote:

It was me. *feeling suitably smug about my prediction*. And I said that before the show and again after the Saturday show... Very Happy

Sorry CD - and well done on a stupendous prediction Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Maybe mauve the American Smooths we have left will be devoid of lifts as all been used up in illegal liftgate! In fact a lot of rules have been mmmm forgotten this year. Will the judges be brought to task aboit this?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:52 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
Anyway - on with the show - Jake has another dance where he can be mean moody and dramatic - I want to see something different from him.

Am hoping for sensual and romantic rather than mean and moody for the Rhumba, mauve!

Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:52 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Sorry CD -  and well done on a stupendous prediction Very Happy Very Happy

*gasp* no need to apologise! Embarassed
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Re:A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:53 pm

SAx - They'll probably have a token week where everyone gets told off for the slightest infraction of feet coming off the floor!!!!   Then it will be back to anything goes............... Mad

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Sid wrote:

Am hoping for sensual and romantic rather than mean and moody for the Rhumba, mauve!

Yes so am I S id - I so want to see something different from him - so now is his chance - I'm hoping not to see another dance where they are both dressed predominantly in black.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:45 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:SAx - They'll probably have a token week where everyone gets told off for the slightest infraction of feet coming off the floor!!!!   Then it will be back to anything goes............... Mad
Yep. Week 7 - all the judges will be menopausal and tearing great chunks off even the front runners. I guess the scores will be universally lower and everyone will be due for the regulation kick up the pants.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:01 pm

[quote="mauveangel09"]

I know where you're coming from Mauve and it is a bit too heavy on B runo's "dark lord" angle, but just do a bit better than that nondescript scrap-metal collectors work outfit he started with......Please.... Very Happy
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:03 pm

B4p wrote:Yep. Week 7 - all the judges will be menopausal and tearing great chunks off even the front runners. I guess the scores will be universally lower and everyone will be due for the regulation kick up the pants.

Every freaking year they did that, innit?

I am looking forward to them tearing each and every couple to pieces. This will at least stop them from sneaking illegal lifts into their subsequent routines. Very Happy

But judging from B.runo's buffonish behaviour this week, I think he would be especially mean to Judy and that might have an opposite effect, viz. she'll be saved from the dance off YET again!
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:08 pm

cellar-door wrote:

But judging from B.runo's buffonish behaviour this week, I think he would be especially mean to Judy and that might have an opposite effect, viz. she'll be saved from the dance off YET again!

It's getting down to where Judy and Alison are the only ones left that stand out. If either are in the D.O they'll probably get the green-apple tango spot. But will the voters allow that to happen or will shocks be the order of the day (night)? Very Happy
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:14 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

It's getting down to where Judy and Alison are the only ones left that stand out. If either are in the D.O they'll probably get the green-apple tango spot. But will the voters allow that to happen or will shocks be the order of the day (night)? Very Happy

You see, Alison might get a bottom two bounce from the viewers and no matter how bad she might cope with her next dance, she'll likely to be saved. While Judy would be mauled by at least B.runo and C.raig, which might prompt the viewers to vote for her (and An.ton) in droves. This might expose the middle-of-the-road celebs like Sunetra, Steve and perhaps even Simon in the bottom two. And if Simon is there against the middlers like Sunetra and Steve, chances are the latter two will leave the competition sooner than he/she should be...
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Due to work I have just caught up with the results show and glad to see justice was done. Phew.

It was patently obvious the favouritism to Scott (perhaps because he is a BBC employee) as I felt quite nauseous when they wheeled out his mum for the old sympathy card and to have a go at C.raig. Quite pathetic really. That actually angered me. Also the bum-licking comments from Tess was pathetic such as how brilliant he has been. Do me a favour eh?

Rant over and praise the lord no Scott next week. Very Happy

CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Once Judy is in the Dance Off she'll be out. The only possibility for that not to happen would be if she was up against Alison, and even then I think that would take a major disaster on Alisons's part for the judges not to save her. I think that it could be a few weeks yet before Judy is in the DO, though. She works hard, she knows that she can't dance very well (unlike the likes of Ann Widdecombe and Lisa Rilely who started to believe their own propaganda) and she's touchingly grateful when she's not in the DO. I wouldn't vote for her myself, but I can understand why people do. She's a good sport.

I think that there could be a few shocks to come before then. But to be honest I'll find it hard to get overly worked up if Steve, Simon or even Sunetra leaves before Judy and they're the ones who are most at risk. Initially I thought that all three had some potential, but they don't seem to be realising it. This year I'm finding it hard to get worked up about which of the "never going to win in a million years" group goes first. Except for Scot. For some reason, I couldn't stand Scot.

I'm a lot more exercised about the music somebody thought fit to use for the pasos on Saturday night. Now that was a crime! Evil or Very Mad It's been said before but I'll say it again, pretty much all of the music on Saturday was rubbish as far as dancing the dances went.
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:09 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Rant over and praise the lord no Scott next week.  Very Happy

He really was a Uriah Heep, style dislikeable man. Honest endeavour and lack of talent can't be helped; in his case he had neither endeavour or any talent. Once the tears and dear old mum references appear (and sorry, but I add kiddie wink visits to that too) it all reeks of gamesmanship grand style. But then again, there's no business like show business.... drunken
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:38 pm

When will B.runo be brought to task about his behaviour? If Id have been Darcey Id have ground my heel in his foot when he next attempted to speak. Also someone either strap him to his chair or stick some adhesive glue on his chair
All these childish antics of falling off his chair have worn thin and undermind his useful comments. Also lets get the booing stopped NOW its not pretty its not clever its DULL and yobbish.
Also for goodness sake BBC get your finger out and give us some decent music choices. Stop faffing about with props and start listening to the viewers.So all you BBC spies etc spread the word
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:44 pm

saxonsiren wrote:When will B.runo be brought to task about his behaviour? If Id have been Darcey Id have ground my heel in his foot when he next attempted to speak. Also someone either strap him to his chair or stick some adhesive glue on his chair
All these childish antics of falling off his chair have worn thin and undermind his useful comments. Also lets get the booing stopped NOW its not pretty its not clever its DULL and yobbish.
Also for goodness sake BBC get your finger out and give us some decent music choices. Stop faffing about with props and start listening to the viewers.So all you BBC spies etc spread the word

Whoa! Someone's grumpy today! Very Happy

But I concur with everything you wrote above.
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:25 am

saxonsiren wrote:When will B.runo be brought to task about his behaviour? If Id have been Darcey Id have ground my heel in his foot when he next attempted to speak. Also someone either strap him to his chair or stick some adhesive glue on his chair

Have to agree with everything you say here Sax - couldn't have put it any better!!
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:16 pm

Copy and paste from the main show thread:

I didn't know there was some silly article about Steve and O.la's spat! Maybe it's a good thing!

Just finished the show, here are my ten-word-or-less review of each couple (with scores, I scored them before the judges did):

1. Simon & Kristina's Quickstep - Slight mistakes but good energy. 7.5

2. Caroline & Pasha's Waltz - Excellent body contact but no heel leads and slight mistake! 7.5

3. Jake & Janette's Rumba - Polite performance, looks blocky in places, good hip action. 6.5

4. Judy & A.nton's Paso Doble - Silly music, no shaping, spatula hands, forgettable. 4.5

5. Sunetra & Brendan - Much improved topline but occasional gapping. 7

6. Alison & Alijaz' Charleston - Plodding at first, but energy picked up at the end. 6

7. Mark & Karen's Waltz - Wedding dance worthy, but a little twee. 7.5

8. Frankie & Kevin's Samba - Slight hesitation but effective double-bounce for a difficult routine. 8

9. Pixie & Trent's Foxtrot - Quirky but beautifully executed foxtrot, wow! 8.5

10. Steve & O.la's Paso Doble - Daft XF-esque music, 'too' aggressive in places, fluid knee walks. 7

Last edited by cellar-door on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:12 pm

A few things spoiled my night tonight.

It started so well; Hollywood glitz from the golden era, I got Rythmn as the music, tie and tails, classic quickstep and some good free dancing by Simon. "Who could ask for anything more?" indeed? Well, C raig obviously as he weighed right in with a seven mark against two nines and an eight, all well deserved. My sort of dance and scene. Much as I like C raig’s personality off show, there are times when I could flick his braces very hard. Worth two marks more for me. Nice choreography again from Kristina.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caroline and P asha. Waltz, male pro ( Pasha) leading in some sort of a Vienese Rumba Waltz of his imagination to the boringly repetitive Three times is twice too much a Lady" . What's to go wrong? Bit of a blip at the end but smooth and efficient. Blackpool safe.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake and Jannete. Rumba.
Lieutenant Jake Pinkerton and Madam Button-Fly do a shipboard romance scene to the Jonah of male dance, the rumba and “Strangers in the night”. Did it really deserve sevens at best? I thought Jake carried it well enough in an uncomfortable role and I just hope this isn’t a danger dance for him. He’s still some way off exit for me and if he rides this week could go onwards strongly.
the fabu-u-lus darling one being an Emperor Mingy again.
6,7,7,7….27.

Housewives choice and Judy. Paso.
Why not just show them the door? With crap music like “I fought the law” for a paso-doble , it’s the producers who should be behind bars. Judy is a leaver candidate but this was diabolical in taste and no £200 should be collected in that monopoly. A walk-around
waste of ninety seconds, and not all the fault of A nton and Judy. Could the judges make it more obvious?
3,5,5,5…18

Sunetra and Brendan. Blackpool Foxtrot.
Agsin, a safe, male led ballroom standard that, despite Brendan’s best efforts had a couple of small slips. That said, the were always Tower Ballroom bound despite the music.
7.8.8.8…31.

Alison and Aljaz..Charlston.

The big lady (in her best outfit yet) got right in the swing of things and should have done well enough for another week. She looked classic Cotton Club jazz queen and gave it a good go Well done.
6,7,7,7…..27.

Mark and Karen….Waltz.

Don’t know why really, but I’m not a fan of Mark personally. That said, he did a personable waltzy waltz of the sort that will always appeal to L en..It was neat, seamless and smoothly done. Fair do’s to the man. Tie and tails are always good with ballroom standards.
7.8.8.8….31.

Frankie and Kevin. Samba.

La Bamba will always get bodies moving and this was no exception. Taking into account the speed of it, Frankie must have done twice as many steps as most others and three times a s many as the waltzers. Full of rythmn and atmosphere, fun and flair. I thought Frankie carried it off really well and C raig’s “Your worse dance yet,” followed by a seven mark rather more shows Frankie’s high standards than her faults.
7,8,9,8….32.

The T.T’s and a Dance around the dollytub Foxtrot.

It was neat, good and well done enough, but Darcy’s nasal “You stretched yourself out..yah” followed by a ten had me head shaking furiously. C raig and B runo gave it nines, L en an eight. Gee, I love consistency….
9,10,8.9….35.

Steve and put a vest on you strumpet. Best of friends paso.

Seems the paper talk was a load of hot air and, for me, so was the dance. A lumpy, grumpy stomp about to more rubbish music that the producers were determined to cram some sort of an Incredible Sulk routine into a paso-doble, with the normally likable Steve trying to bust out of his wife’s favourite waistcoat to Mr Universe poses. Pretty awful for me and had me staring dumbly in the direction of the judges table wondering what they were on. Has a single one of them ever seen a matador or Spanish dancer? I’m imagining not. Not happy at all. This got a mark more than Jake? REALLLY…..?
6,8,7,7….28.

Pass….. Sorry for the grumps
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  1superken on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:20 pm

I think my boy Jake will be in the Dance off , wasn't expecting much but the White Shirt & Bright lights guaranteed exposure . I gave him a seven , thought Craigs 6 was a bit daft , it would have had to have been really poor instead of not very good to merit that .

Now to Frankie , if a tiny mistake ( i saw ) or two ? is to be marked down what happened to credit for difficulty of dance & recovery being given in my view considering them factors a bit of credit ?
the fabu-u-lus darling one again saying your worst dance was daft , if he,d have mentioned , nobody else in this competition could have come close id have forgiven him .

Pixie , Mark , Simon & even the mistake ( was hoping it wouldn't happen ) Sunetra what i expected .

Bizarrely for the first time tonight i enjoyed the Sports , Judy for the second time now , Allison for the first time because its the first time ive ever got her & Steve for the first time because im familiar with him , i knew he wouldn't win & knew he wouldn't expect to win & after the criticism he'd had came out & gave his best regardless

I predict my boy Jake with anybody Shocked
1superken

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:31 am

I more or less concur with what people have said so far - Mr T, CD and Superken (where have you been lately Ken???)

I quite enjoyed tonight as it was a real antidote to the Hallowe'en mash up of last week - there was some better music along with the( now regulation) howlers, but I think quite a few of the couples have 'reached a plateau' for me which is reflected in my scoring and whilst I really enjoyed a lot of performances tonight, no-one had a real wow factor. I think that the front runners are being caught up rapidly by the next tier down which I'm sure will make for a most interesting contest in the next few weeks - but I'm looking for someone to pull away and become my absolute favourite as I still feel I am veering from couple to couple and I usually have a firm favourite by now.....................anyone else in the same boat?????? Shocked

Simon and Kristina - 7
A great punchy start to the show with fantastic music and some great choreography as always by Kristina, the dance had a real 1930s feel and where it was short on technique it was big on performance. Simon always excels at the more 'performance' style dances. The bits out of hold were really good and there were some speedy sequences but I thought a lot of the bits in hold were a bit dodgy as alluded to by some of the judges- but they got away with it and packed a punch and needed this tonight to have a chance of staying in.

Caroline and Pasha - 7
An emotional performance which I thought started beautifully but then didn't flow as well as it could have. Caroline is a latin girl and I thought she looked a bit hunched up and uncertain in parts.

Jake and Janette - 7
I realized when I heard this music how much I like the track but not sure how it related to sailing or ships.......still.........Jake made a passable effort for a celebrity male. I think L en summed it up when he said - 'It was acceptable but not exceptional' Most of the time it seemed as though he was just placing Janette and was quite static in a lot of it. I thought that in parts he really 'did the hips' but it was almost as though he was teasing us because he never quite let go IMO.

Judy and A nton - 4
The less said the better. Yes it was everything I thought it would be in terms of appalling music that not even a good dancer could attempt a paso from - however, it was exactly as the judges said, 'a walk around the floor' - with a few lifts and a few Tango sections but nothing resembling a paso doble. GBP please put them out of their misery....................

B rendan and Sunetra - 8
A solid performance from a 'ballroomer' - I really enjoyed the routine, thought that the judges played on the 'mistakes' a bit too much, as I couldn't see many of them. I thought it flowed really well and I personally preferred this one to the TTs.

Alison and Alijaz - 6
Best costume that she has had. Good routine from Alijaz - good timing and I thought she made a real effort, albeit that the eye is always drawn to the topline and her face and hands. Not going anywhere this week I suspect, with the bounce back vote from last week and a dance which suited her.

Mark and Karen - 8
I was interested to see how he would cope with this - I thought he did well and won the battle of the waltzes tonight. It was all a bit intense at the beginning but he made a good effort - didn't particularly move me though.

Frankie and Kevin - 9
The only dance that I scored '9' tonight - I thought it was a great samba and I was a bit stunned by CRH's comments which seemed so at odds with the performance and everyone else - no wonder Frankie looked as though she was going to cry. It really spoiled it because it didn't qualify or justify his comments??? Can anyone enlighten me? Question - or was it just a case of bashing a front runner.

Pixie and T rent - 8
Too twee for me I'm afraid and I couldn't figure out why a '10'?-it was good and original choreography and they performed it very well but lots out of hold. Couldn't see why CRH gushed over this but didn't give Frankie the time of day?

Steve and O la - 7
With the TV sound turned down, it did at least look like a paso with some of the ubiquitous 'shaping' being evident. Yes it was a bit fierce and stompy but he made a good effort at a dance that it notoriously difficult for the male celebs.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top