A Little Bit of Honesty.

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  Sid on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:11 am

Simon and Kristina - 8

He's good at these fast, upbeat n.u.m.b.e.r.s. There was gapping for sure, but the jazzy feel and quick tempo suited Simon well. I think he'll be safe.

Caroline and Pasha - 7

I'm beginning to find these two steady but unremarkable. There are no obvious problems - they look good together, they have a good chemistry, the dancing is good, the expression is good. But 'good' isn't good enough. As you pointed out Mr T, the choice of song was unoriginal and that just added to the whole 'meh' feeling I had about this performance.

Jake and Janette - 6.5

There's lots of things I wanna do with Jake but Rhumba's not one of them! It lacked fluidity, it was too stoppy-starty. Yes it's a difficult dance for the guys but I worry too many dances are not Jake's dance. He has to nail them all from now on to keep his hopes alive. I'm not sure about Janette's choreography for this one either. I'll have to rewatch but my memory is of too much breaking apart and moving around the dancefloor, which interrupted the intimacy of the dance.

Judy and A nton - 3

Not wasting anymore characters on these two. Judy's a lovely lady but I can't endure her dancing any longer.

B rendan and Sunetra - 7.5

Gutted for them. Had it not been for the hiccups this could have been the dance of the night. Sunetra's topline looked exquisite and there were moments where her dancing took my breath away. Her Ballroom is very special.. In a way I want her in the bottom two (against someone she can beat) just so she can do that routine the way it was meant to be and wow everyone. First time I saw gapping in her Ballroom too Sad

Alison and Alijaz - 6

Actually this wasn't bad. I was entertained. Could buy her an extra week.

Mark and Karen - 8

I'm with you Mr T, I've not taken to Mark. His faux sincerity puts me right off. And the performance was pure cheese. Just not my cup of tea at all (but danced pretty well).

Frankie and Kevin - 8.5

Glad I wasn't the only one who felt the judges (especially C.raig) were a little harsh on her. I think they're playing a bit of a game, wanting to keep the rivalry close at the top. So they were full of praise for Frankie last week (awarding her a 10), this week they brought her down a bit and focused on Pixie. I'll be watching the Samba again - might not have been perfect but it was ambitious and fun.

Pixie and T rent - 9

I kind of didn't mind that this was very twee because it was meant to be. I have more of a problem with routines that end up looking that way when they didn't really mean to! These two keep ticking my boxes. I could watch them dance all night long, I really could.

Steve and O la - 6.5

Steve made a decent enough stab at the Paso but did end up looking quite enraged, would have preferred him to look more stoic. His bulky body doesn't help, it only enhances the 'brutish' feel. I think he'll have benefited from getting the pimp slot and James Jordan was relentless in drumming up votes for them on twitter. He really is a pain on there. I almost wish he was back on the show!
Sid

Back to top Go down

ReL A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:21 am

I feel the same way as you about Mark S id - I can see how well he has improved but don't particularly warm to him. Probably being grossly unfair but there is something fishy - this is after all someone who is a professional reality show person Rolling Eyes

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:44 am

Nobody especially wowed me this week, although I was gutted for Sunetra and Brendan as I thought it was her week to shine. I actually rather liked Mark's waltz, but I do seem to fall for the schmaltz, I've realised over the years!
Jake did ok in a difficult dance, a bit stop-starty for me, I don't want raunch but I do want fluidity.
This past few weeks I've grown to like Judy as she's come out of her shell off the dance floor and I find her honesty refreshing- but on the dance floor- there's the door. Awful music too.
I thought Alison did a really good job in her charleston, great timing and definite swivel. Good outfit too.
What was all that with Steve and 0la? I was looking for signs of it but I don't think there were any.

It all seemed a bit of a warm up for Blackpool .... My votes went to Sunetra, Jake and Mark
I think there could be a *shock* dance off tonight.... pale
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:52 am

I like that they finally got down to the proper styles, music (somewhat) and costumes especially.

The judges are getting a little tougher (a conscious choice) because it's now the half way mark. But I think also maybe they want to hand out their sweeties of tens next week because, well because it's Blaclpool you silly, it's a magical place and everyone upped their games you see. *wink*

I hope Sunetra will get a ballroom dance again next week, and she'll make a 'come back' and wowed the judges as a result.

There were very many routines that could be classic SCD this week, from Sunetra (barred the wrong footing when they were in front of the judges and she lost her frame and created gapping for several steps after that), from Mark (a little twee, I agree, but danced really well),  Caroline (slip at the end when she did that one-foot thingie), Pixie's quirky foxtrot and even from Simon (jazz-hands!!!)...

It was definitely a low point for Jake. He looked stilted. It's now left to Mark to produce a decent rumba for the male celebs this series, i.e. if he's going to Blackpool tonight...

Last edited by cellar-door on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:50 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
I feel the same way as you about Mark S id - I can see how well he has improved but don't particularly warm to him. Probably being grossly unfair but there is   something fishy - this is after all someone who is a professional reality show person Rolling Eyes

He sounds very scripted to me mauve, like he's decided in advance what he needs to say and do to come across a certain way.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:16 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
I feel the same way as you about Mark S id - I can see how well he has improved but don't particularly warm to him. Probably being grossly unfair but there is   something fishy - this is after all someone who is a professional reality show person Rolling Eyes

Probably his worse feature. Being blunt, it's gone right to his head, and he's also a good actor at playing his audience. He believes his own hype. Sorry, but I'm letting a bit of prejudice against all such show here, I know. Embarassed His dance was very decent though.
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:27 pm

Sunday afternoon review!

Simon & Kristina's Quickstep – Really liked this.  Simon seemed be enjoying himself for the first time in some weeks.  He obviously prefers the faster dances and I think has regained confidence having avoided the DO last week.

Caroline & Pasha's Waltz – OK but not very memorable.  I kept being distracted by the macrame on her dress!!

Jake & Janette's Rumba – Decent attempt at a difficult dance.  He looked a bit uneasy though.

Judy & A.nton's Paso Doble – Dreadful.

Sunetra & Brendan – Nice but writing this on Sunday I find I have largely forgotten it.

Alison & Aljaz' Charleston – Enjoyable.  Aljaz was particularly good  Wink

Mark & Karen's Waltz – Good – he is definitely improving.

Frankie & Kevin's Samba – I thought this was great. I didn’t agree with C.raig at all but if that was his opinion he needs to think about what he says.  “Not your best dance would” have been a much kinder way of saying “your worst dance”.

Pixie & Trent's Foxtrot – I liked the story telling bit at the beginning.  It seemed to improve her performance as well.

Steve & O.la's Paso Doble – Hated this.  Stompy and clunky.  I’m not a fan of the muscle bound look and it did him no favours in this dance.  However judging by the outcry about the “bullying” I doubt he’ll be leaving.
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:19 pm

I read your review Wallflower and thought ok which dances can I recall now on Sundat? I recall Simon's,Frankie's,Alison's and Steve and Caroline'! However the rest Im struggling to recall Shocked Is that usual I wonder for all of us?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:27 pm

It's strange what you remember and what you don't isn't it?  I think I remember dances I enjoy the most - Simon, Pixie and Frankie, then those with a memorable personality (Alison) and ones that I think are bad (Judy, Steve).  After that I struggle but suspect I can remember the guys better because there are fewer of them left Rolling Eyes
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:39 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I read your review Wallflower and thought ok which dances can I recall now on Sundat? I recall Simon's,Frankie's,Alison's and Steve and Caroline'! However the rest Im struggling to recall Shocked Is that usual I wonder for all of us?

We've seen a lot of dances over a few years, S.S.. Some, unless exceptionally good, are pretty commomplace, some eminently forgetable. I feel we aren't easily impressed any more except by the really exceptional. Of the current crop, only Simon, Jake, Frankie and Pixie are in much danger of not being the last four. Caroline hasn't really lit any fireworks for me, Sunetra, lovely person as she is, doesn't really stand out from the pack and Steve lacks the finesse to be a champ. Much depends on what the pros can come up with
and I think Kevin stands out a bit more that the rest in that respect. Frankie is a good pupil and talented. She really has great dance feet. After tonight we'll be down to nine for the Tower Ballroom and they seem to have whittled down pretty quick. Any one of Judy, Steve, or Alison could be tonight's victim in my view with Judy the obvious fair choice.....but what's fair about Strictly? Twisted Evil
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:50 pm

Exactly Mr T what is fair about strictly? A shorter time to vote in and now three free votes via online( yes I used them last night!)
I recall Tom and Camilla's showdance,Jill Halfpennys jive and Louis' showdance,Austin's Paso.I recall Colin and E.rins dollgate as it cost E.rin the title! I recall JS and his Paso Shocked also Matt and F.lavias dance when he forgot his routine and just sat down.Memories of Rachel,Louisa,Kenny Logan even and Pamela with James.
However so far not sure if Ill recall a lot from this series so far.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Just never forget Chris Parker's Paso. lol!
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:03 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Just never forget Chris Parker's Paso. lol!

cyclops omg YES and who could forget Ann Widdicome dances and pants showing!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:34 pm

Just caught up with last night's show so brief thought are that Judy's time to go has surely come. If in the bottom two she will be voted off that much is a certainty. I thought the dance of the night for me was Frankie and Kevin's Samba and really liked Simon's dance as well. As for who should also be in the dance-off well that is tough and may opt for Steve.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:36 pm

Every time I think of Chris Parker and that Paso, I get a mental image of some kids racing round the school playground being Captain Marvel, with his duffle coat streaming behind him. For something not supposed to be comical, it was hilarious. Very Happy
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:39 pm

So the mercurial Judy goes to Blackpool and Alison leaves a week too early. Never really works out the way we want it, but Jake getting through was a really big relief. A nton knows full well the public bought them a ticket for the roller coaster and, given how little Judy was really known outside the strawberry, champagne and tennis raquet set, I'm pretty amazed they're still around. I thought Steve, though I admire his efforts normally, was in danger this week, but hey, it's Strictly after all.

Big plaudits to Alison, a great personality, for her very sporting exit and she really did have a ball, no small thanks to Alijaz for being a real gent. Pasha and Caroline flowed through their dance without an error, and that's all they had to do. All aboard the Blackpool Belle then....... bounce
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:50 pm

Well I never expected that DO! Alison I enjoyed your dances,your bubbliness and down to earth personality
Alijaz well done you really treated your celeb partner well .Im sad to see you go Crying or Very sad Caroline Im Shocked you were in this weeks DO! I expected to see Judy not you. So A.nton gets Blackpool I fear we won't see the end of Judy yet!
Is the whole of Scotland voting to keep Judy in becos of the referendum results?

Last edited by saxonsiren on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:53 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Well I never expected that DO! Alison I enjoyed your dances,your bubbliness and down to earth personality
Alijaz well done you really treated your celeb partner well done.Im sad to see you go Crying or Very sad Caroline Im Shocked you were in this weeks DO! I expected to see Judy not you. So A.nton gets Blackpool I fear we won't see the end of Judy yet!
Is the whole of Scotland voting to keep Judy in becos of the referendum results?

Well, I never believe this Scots voting notion, otherwise ThomDoll won't be in the dance-off so early in the competition as he's also a Scot (and a much better dancer than Judy).
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Yes he was but who on earth is voting for Judy then??
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:56 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Yes he was but who on earth is voting for Judy then??

A.nton's hormonal female fans from mumsnet. If you type A.nton without the period, see what comes up. Very Happy
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Mmm a bit harsh CD! Even A.ntons fans after a while relented with other possibly more talented partners
They didn't keep Nancy in too long and she was FUNNY@
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:07 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Mmm a bit harsh CD! Even A.ntons fans after a while relented with other possibly more talented partners
They didn't keep Nancy in too long and she was FUNNY@

I was merely joking. I don't know who's voting for Judy. Maybe they just like to save the underdog?
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:43 pm

I think that there's often an element of saving the underdog that comes into play, and Judy comes across as a good sport. That, together with Housewives choice's personal vote (which I've heard is larger than the personal vote for any other pro dancer) is keeping them safe. the question is how long it will continue to do so. Blackpool, coming as it does roughly halfway through the competition, is often a watershed.

I'm not entirely surprised that Caroline was in the dance off, although no way she should have been. I think a lot of people assumed that she was safe and gave their votes to Jake, Steve and Sunetra who they thought were in danger. That just under the top of the leader board place can be very dangerous.
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:24 pm

The ties won't have helped. Judy was bottom of the table but still had 4 points. I'd like the judges to separate any tied couples. I know there'd be cries of favourtism (including from me!) but I think it's needed.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:38 pm

Not seen the shows yet so cannot add anything to the mix.
I've been reading comments on here, Twitter and the DS so I've got a flavour of how it all went. Someone commented on Twitter that the main Beeb site has Mark dancing with Karen Hardy - whoops. O la has thanked fans for their overwhelming support. Sounds like Steve has been gagged. The shows producer has a twitter feed. She doesn't tweet but reads direct and indirect comments about the show. Her details are on the Tweetabix thread in Strictly Anything Else.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top