For Those Missing Artem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

For Those Missing Artem

Post  hatlady28 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:10 pm

DWTS has started.  Artem has a former ballet dancer who hasn't danced for 32 years.  She is older, 50s but lovely. Youtube won't let me link, but you can find their first dance if you put in Artem and Lea Dancing with the Stars 2014.  The man is an actor, much more ebullient to appeal to American audiences.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Re: For Those Missing Artem

Post  Sid on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Yes, she was in Back to the Future and the star of Caroline in the City, one of my favourite 90s sitcoms Smile

I did watch Lea and A.rtem's Foxtrot - and it was very Artem! I think his Ballroom dances will be better suited to DWTS (which has always struck me as less 'traditional' in that discipline) and it's nice his fans can follow his progress on YouTube. He seems happy.

Don't know if you saw it, but Alfonzo's Jive was pretty impressive too.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:52 pm

Thanks Sid, I'll watch Alfonzo's jive. Yeah, the foxtrot was very Artem.......lots out of hold and did The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman fuss? No he did not. He said he liked it. Artem and Lea ended up at the top of the leader board......When watching DWTS I am much more aware of testosterone overload. Lots of male pros who are ready to run over the competition all led by Derek Hough who has won 5 times. Artem, although unquestionably masculine, has never participated in that sort of thing......
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:10 pm

You're right HL, Artem doesn't go in for pi$$ing contests! He's not that kind of guy.

I think the brief L.en's given on DWTS is different hence why he might comment on things here that he won't mention there.

I'll probably just watch some of the individual dances on YT instead of the entire shows because DWTS has a night clubby vibe that I'm not keen on at all.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Artem's just got his American Citizenship appproval. According to Judy, Artem's pecs have now defected!

I watched his latest youtube clip and he looks very happy. He's been on that show before hasn't he? I've come across previous DWTS pics which has him and Tristan both on.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Just found the glorious clip
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:56 pm

B4p wrote:Artem's just got his American Citizenship appproval. According to Judy, Artem's pecs have now defected!

I watched his latest youtube clip and he looks very happy. He's been on that show before hasn't he? I've come across previous DWTS pics which has him and Tristan both on.

Yes he was part of the dance troupe last season B4.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:09 pm

He and Lea did a hot jive this week. And there was general celebration as he now has his American Citizenship. I doubt he will come back here anytime soon. His career is no ready to launch. As I have said the man is an actor. He did a tiny gigolo piece on the OC. You would not believe how slimy he was.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:50 am

Slimy? Ooh in a good way or a creepy way?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:11 am

Slimy as in a good characterisation.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Makes me wish we'd seen his and Natalie's Jive last year!

I wonder if DWTS have an ITT type spin-off show?
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:23 pm

By the way, there is a certain re-writing of history. Artem and Aliona were both back up dancers on DWTS before they came to the UK. So yes Artem was a backup dancer this spring......but he also was 4 years ago. On youtube, put in Artem and Aliona DWTS for a wonderful "Russian" bit for Revolution.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:21 pm

Hello HL . I've also put this onto the Pro dancer thread. It's Artem's latest DWTS dance

Artem & Lea Contempory Dance from week 4 of DWTS. 39/40 You will need tissues! Even Artem is misting up

http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/2014-10-07-season-19-week-4

B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:10 pm

Thank you B4P. Artem's strength has always been that he makes his partners the focus, lots of eye contact, lots of expression. So many of the pro men are looking after themselves. And not a kiss and tell guy either. You know he was together with the judge Carrie Ann for 2 years when he was first on DWTS? Never a word. He and Kara broke up. No interviews, no me me. Lea could not have done that routine if she didn't trust her partner.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:18 pm

I agree HL. I sent him a tweet to say I was misting up too, but said I was blaming that on my head cold!
Outstanding dancer and all round good guy. The sort you'd want on your side in a dark alley.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:56 am

OOOO naughty! This week they had to change partners and Artem did burlesque recycling all the chair stuff from his tango with Kara. It may seem like 4 years ago but with youtube it could have been yesterday.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top