Which Dance This Week?

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Which Dances this week

Post  mauveangel09 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:01 pm

A great watch and of course the other theme is that it is mainly all (my beloved) tap dance.
The joy of tap dancing is that as it doesn't follow the rules of any partner dancing - you really can do it to all sorts of tracks and themes - old, golden movie years, up to bang up to date tunes and rhythms and no music at all!

mauveangel09

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  diamondsandpearls on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:59 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

You could maybe do a foxtrot, but much easier to play it again and do the "conga..." Very Happy
lol! Too much fantasising... A well and truly squished rabbit!!

Mauve - yes tap dancing is fantabulous how it transcends music genres and fits with so much in an exuberant, uplifting and joyous way. But check out those brothers doing the splits down the stairs... I have heard the it was done on the first and only take -breathtaking!


Last edited by diamondsandpearls on Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : usual typos...)
avatar
diamondsandpearls

Posts : 639
Join date : 2010-10-02
Location : In the star's dressing room

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  TANGOLERO on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:50 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:
lol! Too much fantasising... A well and truly squished rabbit!!

Mauve - yes tap dancing is fantabulous how it transcends music genres and fits with so much in an exuberant, uplifting and joyous way. But check out those brothers doing the splits down the stairs... I have heard the it was done on the first and only take -breathtaking!

If I (in my long distant youth mind) were to be paid a colossal sum of money to do something like that, a second take would not be an option, I assure you.. No

lol!
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 78
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: What dances this week

Post  mauveangel09 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:36 pm

Great stuff - both of you - bounce bounce

mauveangel09

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:16 am

Having done a fly on the wall spy of the training clips, Georgia and Helen both have always had very neat feet and are looking compact and confident. Helen will have to watch developing stiff windmill arms as opposed to a natural swinging curve. Jay looks as polished as ever, but if ever a dance called for a smile approach, it's his salsa. I think it will be sensational and dance of the night. Gleb needs to remember that it's Anita that is being judged and not take centre stage too much. He won't fool the judges and Anita is capable of good things if allowed some freedom. Jamelia is still improving but the level of com petition is so intense that I think it will be too little too late. All just views as ever.
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 78
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  B4p on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:56 am

A bit of light relief

'Uptown Funk' Br uno Mars track to dance clips from the Hollywood Greats

https://youtu.be/M1F0lBnsnkE


Last edited by B4p on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
B4p

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-09-16
Location : Near Kibworth

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dances this week

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:23 am

Another great clip to brighten up a miserable November day! Mind you, I can't wait for tonight...............

BTW - I think your comments are spot on Mr T with the limited clips that I have seen this week. My television will be turned up full blast for the Gibson brothers tonight and also for Malaguena - I agree about G leb - I think out of these two boys, Gio has caught on a bit quicker about showcasing his partner more instead of himself.

I am not particularly a Helen fan I'm afraid, but will commend her if she can pull off a decent Charleston - as I love her music. Without taking away from any of the high skills of the dancers, I do think that one reason why we always have such memorable Charlestons (and it has been the same for the last few years - Denise VO, K imberley, K ara, Sophie, Abby, Caroline last year - I know there are more that I have forgotten ) is that the choreographers can really fit the music and the feel of the routine to the dancer that they have - in terms of their height and style etc - they have so much more freedom with this one than the other dances because of the stage feel of it - so I'm sure we have the potential for another memorable one tonight that will suit Helen's style.

Just a little side observation about J ay - I have watched back a few clips from the early weeks of the show and do you know ( and you may disagree with me) I think he almost looked more relaxed and happy at the start of the series than what he does now - and off stage initially I felt that he and A liona had an almost flirty but certainly more touchy feely relationship initially which seems to have worn off with almost a touch of awkwardness coming in which has limited their chemistry on the floor recently (sorry this is probably a load of tosh.................) Laughing

mauveangel09

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  diamondsandpearls on Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:01 pm

B4p wrote:A bit of light relief

'Uptown Funk' Silver tongued Italian Stallion Mars track backing dance clips from the Hollywood Greats

https://youtu.be/M1F0lBnsnkE

That's the one I just posted up thread! It's fabulous isn't it?! I'm rewatching it now :-)
avatar
diamondsandpearls

Posts : 639
Join date : 2010-10-02
Location : In the star's dressing room

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  diamondsandpearls on Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:15 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Another great clip to brighten up a miserable November day!   Mind you, I can't wait for tonight...............

BTW - I think your comments are spot on Mr T with the limited clips that I have seen this week. My television will be turned up full blast for the Gibson brothers tonight and also for Malaguena -   I agree about G leb -  I think out of these two boys, Gio has caught on a bit quicker about showcasing his partner more instead of himself.

I am not particularly a Helen fan I'm afraid, but will commend her if she can pull off a decent Charleston - as I love her music.  Without taking away from any of the high skills of the dancers, I do think that one reason why we always have such memorable Charlestons   (and it has been the same for the last few years - Denise VO, K imberley, K ara,  Sophie, Abby, Caroline last year - I know there are more that I have forgotten )   is that the choreographers can really fit the music and the feel of the routine to the dancer that they have - in terms of their height and style etc -  they have so much more freedom with this one than the other dances because of the stage feel of it - so I'm sure we have the potential for another memorable one tonight that will suit Helen's style.

Just a little side observation about J ay -  I have watched back a few clips from the early weeks of the show and do you know   ( and you may disagree with me)  I think he almost looked more relaxed and happy at the start of the series than what he does now - and off stage initially I felt that he and A liona had an almost flirty but certainly more touchy feely relationship initially which seems to have worn off with almost a touch of awkwardness coming in which has limited their chemistry on the floor recently      (sorry this is probably a load of tosh.................) Laughing

I think you are onto something there Mauve. They were SO touchy feely at the beginning that I was certainly feeling compelled to yell 'get a room' on occasion. And the tabloids were having a field day... So I wonder if, as a reaction Aliona toned down all her flirtatiousness (or even just told a smitten Jay that she was a married woman who meant nothing by her flirting - I was just a way of getting in to the mood of the dances and getting some chemistry going... or something) and left J ay feeling a bit rejected and embarrassed and... well, awkward. That's my take on it (probably a load more toshy than your tosh Mauve!)
avatar
diamondsandpearls

Posts : 639
Join date : 2010-10-02
Location : In the star's dressing room

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  B4p on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:14 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

That's the one I just posted up thread!  It's fabulous isn't it?! I'm rewatching it now :-)

Sorry diamonds. Didn't realise until just now. Great minds think alike!
avatar
B4p

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-09-16
Location : Near Kibworth

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  Sid on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi guys, in the absence of B4 I thought I'd put up this week's songs. Hope you don't mind, B4!


Anita and Gleb are dancing the Rumba to ‘Read All About It’ by Emelie Sande.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAVByGaON0


Georgia and Giovanni will perform the Paso Doble to Europe’s ‘The Final Countdown’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw


Helen and Aljaž perform the Viennese Waltz to ‘At Last’ by Etta James

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5dpYDTEMRU


Jay and Aliona are performing the Tango to Prince's ‘When Doves Cry’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08S4U6iObn4


Katie and A.nton will dance the Argentine Tango to Ástor Piazzolla’s ‘Libertango’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaXNdVTGT0k


Kellie and Kevin will Salsa to ‘I Want You Back’ by The Jackon 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3Q80mk7bxE


Peter and Janette are going to dance the American Smooth to ‘Sweetest Feeling’ by Jackie Wilson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDB85BBV1uA
avatar
Sid

Posts : 2264
Join date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  Sid on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:26 pm

No obvious horrors.

Can't go wrong with Libertango but I think Helen might have the song of the week.

Bit tired of hearing the Prince track now (and for me, it'll always belong to Rachel and V.incent's AT - though Kim used it too!). And not keen on Georgia's music but suspect she'll do a good job.
avatar
Sid

Posts : 2264
Join date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  B4p on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:23 pm

Thanks for posting the tunes sid. To be honest, I completely forgot as I've missed ITT this week. Rolling Eyes

I've been back and forth to various hospitals over the past 3 weeks with a close relative who's not doing so well and now awaiting surgery. Must be that time of the year! I'll keep popping in and out.
avatar
B4p

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-09-16
Location : Near Kibworth

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  B4p on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Can't beat Libertango and anything by Etta James. Also like Prince and Jackie Wilson. Looking forward to the next show, but times flying by too fast as usual.
avatar
B4p

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-09-16
Location : Near Kibworth

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  Sid on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:47 pm

B4p wrote:Thanks for posting the tunes sid. To be honest, I completely forgot as I've missed ITT this week. Rolling Eyes

I've been back and forth to various hospitals over the past 3 weeks with a close relative who's not doing so well and now awaiting surgery. Must be that time of the year! I'll keep popping in and out.

Ah sorry to hear that B4, sending my best wishes.
avatar
Sid

Posts : 2264
Join date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dances this week

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:25 pm

Hmm - a few boring ones in there for me - and the recycled 'Final Countdown' - I see we are back to unsuitable paso music - could they not have found something a bit more original for this couple? Tough for Georgia to do a paso after last week's triumph from A nita and G leb, but I thought it looked good in the training clip tonight on ITT.

P eter and Janette will no doubt do a safe hotch potch of steps, turns and swirls masquerading as a foxtrot American Smooth to the uplifting Jackie Wilson. Interesting to see what J ay and A liona come up with - as Ian pointed out on ITT tonight - the clip they showed didn't look much like a Tango - if anything it looked at bit Argentine Tango and they have already done that one - but of course only a small clip was seen so difficult to say. K and K were doing lots of the inevitable side by side stuff in the training clip - what is it with these two? Salsa is a partner dance which should have a continuous flow - sorry I find them annoying, which is unfair I know. I'm sure Helen will be on safer ballroom ground this week with her VW - the two I am most interested in seeing are A nita and G leb's rhumba and K atie and A nton's AT. K atie has been good at the slower precision type dances with her arms and her lines - - I just hope they can invoke the intensity of the AT - they went for a cooler rhumba which really worked but the AT should have a very different feel although Libertango is brilliant and should help get the right mood. If they throw in some lifts and get their ganchos right then it could be another good one, but I do worry all the same.

I predict a 'strict' week from the judges - and let's face it they've got to restore their integrity - although the ridiculous Quickstepathon will no doubt give them an opportunity to 'balance' the marks out.

I really have no clue about who will end up in the DO or leave this week.............but that's good in a way.............it is certainly not predictable Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:43 am

Sending best wishes for your relative B4p. I'm back and forth to Physio with ultrasound treatment on tendon still no reprieve
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4679
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  fiftynotout on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:20 pm

Well I'm sold on At Last and When Doves Cry, two beautiful songs, let's hope the dances live up to them.

So hard to make any predictions now, so many variables, but it is clear that neither Peter nor Kellie are much loved by the GBP so they will be in danger if they find themselves in the bottom half of the leader board.

Now that we're into the business end of the competition there will be a shock exit every week until the final. I find it interesting that the public outrage last week was based on the fact that the poorer (overall) dancer left the series. Whichever way it goes, we just don't like to see an injustice do we???
avatar
fiftynotout

Posts : 789
Join date : 2010-09-09
Location : Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  Sid on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:27 pm

It's that British sense of fair play kicking in fifty!

sax - take it easy, I think you really need to rest that foot as much as possible x
avatar
Sid

Posts : 2264
Join date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:31 pm

I am Sid and fed up of 4 walls! I like some of the songs this week but omg the final countdown again No
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4679
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:22 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Well I'm sold on At Last and When Doves Cry, two beautiful songs, let's hope the dances live up to them.
"At last", beautiful, agreed. Prince.....ugh....sorry.
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 78
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  fiftynotout on Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:12 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
"At last", beautiful, agreed. Prince.....ugh....sorry.

As L.en said, It's all a matter of taste Wink
avatar
fiftynotout

Posts : 789
Join date : 2010-09-09
Location : Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Which dances this week

Post  mauveangel09 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:39 pm

Really looking forward to the show and how things develop this week Very Happy I'll be watching on catch up later on Saturday night this week

mauveangel09

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  B4p on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:13 pm

Thanks for the best wishes sid & sax. Sympathies sax. Tendonitis is SO painful. Hope it eases a bit soon
avatar
B4p

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-09-16
Location : Near Kibworth

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Do we know this week's dances yet?
avatar
TANGOLERO

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 78
Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum