View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:50 am

affraid new balls please!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:55 pm

TANGOLERO wrote: Gee I really love Halloween, not.( I actually hate the mortal sight of it and life's going to be a misery for our shith-zu when the fireworks start after it.
I don't mind private Halloween parties, in fact I shall be dressing up next Saturday at a Victorian Halloween bash, but my group will be 'real' (dead) people rather than your usual TV ghosts. So far, I think we've got a chimney sweep, char woman, butcher and housekeeper. What I don't like is the door knocking 'trick or treat' Americanism. We spend all year telling kids not to accept sweets from strangers, then for one night they're out door knocking, in the dark, at all hours, some only look as young as 7yrs. I had one little doorknocker last year but at least she was accompanied by her father. The older ones terrorise the old folks, throwing flour, eggs and red paint, causing mayhem. I don't understand the need for so many fireworks. I used to like seeing the youngsters making their bonfire Guys and don't mind the 'penny for the guy thing' but we seem to have fireworks for 3-4 months starting with Divali and ending with the Chinese New Year
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:41 pm

cheers I agree! Fed up of fireworks already! One weekend only should be allowed for bonfire night.In the USA you have to obtain a permit in some states to let off fireworks! Lets stop this Halloween trick or treat nonsense WE never celebtated it twenty odd years ago.Children on their own knocking on strangers doors because its ok on October 31st! I got induced on Halloween and advised said midwife "not giving birth to a witch/warlock today! She said you will i bank on it! No I didn't and reminded her of it two days later!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:03 pm

Sax and Mr T - I agree with your sentiments re Hallowe'en - I think it can be quite a special night actually, but not celebrated 'american style' - not at all! I remember when I was little the most exciting it got was dancing around the back garden with a few friends and a hollowed out swede for an hour......in the dark no less!!! Firework Night used to be the big thing didn't it? A much more joyous affair I think. Anyway - back to the dancing....................B4P I so wholeheartedly agree with your earlier post/rants - re costumes, dances and judges - sums up the early weeks for me. I find the Foxtrots barely recognisable so far - just an excuse for a bit of 'faffing around' as the'old' L en used to say. I think I said in a post last week that more often than not these days I find myself listening to and agreeing with B runo - affraid certainly not the case in the past - but L en is just all over the place now. I'm glad that KH made the comment about illegal lifts tonight on ITT.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:13 pm

We were back in the UK at the weekend, so thanks to German Wings/Lufthansa pilot strikes I've been catching up ever since.

Nothing to say that hasn't been said already.  For my money Scot should have gone, but I can't really argue with Tim going.  He was never going to go much further and I think he's genuinely enjoyed himself and is probably not too upset about finishing now.  I thought that it was fair that Judy wasn't in the dance-off as she had clearly improved.  Steve shouldn't really have been there, but he was rather forgettable and at least anyone half-way decent in the dance-off at this stage knows that they've got to fall over and break a leg to go out.

My favourite thing of the week wasn't on TV, though.    

mauveangel09 wrote:
I thought the 'Targaryen Twins' might be for the high jump!

I love this.  cheers  I've seen a number of names for these two (some of them decidedly dodgy) but this is perfect!  Lots of blonde hair and white teeth with overtones of incest!  Laughing   From now on they'll always be the Targaryen twins for me.  Bring on the dragons!
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:30 pm

I wouldn't know a Targaryen? twin if one fell on me? Embarassed
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:26 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:I wouldn't know a Targaryen? twin if one fell on me? Embarassed

Think it's a Game Of Thrones reference, Mr T. I don't watch it but Marian Keyes made a similar comparison on Twitter! Incidentally, Marian tweeted she'd be on the Friday panel this week, yay Smile
Sid

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Thanks Tina Sparkle lol! Couldn't resist it - it just popped into my head on Saturday night.!!!!!!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:19 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Thanks Tina Sparkle lol!    Couldn't resist it  - it just popped into my head on Saturday night.!!!!!!!

Perfect phrase! The TT couple.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:23 pm

saxonsiren wrote:

Perfect phrase! The TT couple.

TT couple doing Samba this week.
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Oh dear TT clip not looking good and Scott dropping Joanne in training tsk
Why show these mishaps?Are we supposed to on Saturday be blown away by their improved dance routine? Can we not have basic steps over and over again? We have more suitable music choices by the dancers or choreographers NOT by a fat suit at a desk with said fat pinky hovering over a list! Or indeed ex pantomine horror frocks and Towie/MIC awful hipster trousers.
Oh for the dances of yesterday SCD series. Id sooner watch Chris run round in his cape then some of this series diasters.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:21 pm

Sid wrote:

Think it's a Game Of Thrones reference, Mr T. I don't watch it but Marian Keyes made a similar comparison on Twitter! Incidentally, Marian tweeted she'd be on the Friday panel this week, yay Smile

Marian Keyes is on Twitter? Sign me up immediately?!
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:35 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:I wouldn't know a Targaryen? twin if one fell on me? Embarassed

Me neither.

So I did a bit of sleuthing around the net (ok I took two seconds to type the name in my search engine....)

And came up with this:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=targaryen+twins&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=3E81ABFB44E224C150FC0050BB62A0229DE4E813&selectedIndex=15

Oh my word - it's them! Pixie and Dixie as I live and breath..... Surprised
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:39 pm

It is yes however the sister soon killed her brother! Are we going to have the TT cpuple dance to "murder on the dance floor!" Laughing
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:45 pm

saxonsiren wrote:It is yes however the sister soon killed her brother! Are we going to have the TT cpuple dance to "murder on the dance floor!" Laughing

Tee hee!

Samba?
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:51 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Marian Keyes is on Twitter?  Sign me up immediately?!

She's delightful. A very sweet and funny lady and so passionate about Strictly (especially Pasha!). Her other half (whom she refers to as 'Himself') comes from my hometown, he's a good laugh too.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:15 pm

I am now fully conversant with the Targaryen Twins..sp?, purely from the pic-link, I hastily add. Seems a totally perfect description, so plaudits to C.D and the T.T.Twins it is. Very Happy ( I had Hansel and Gretel in mind, but T.T. is better. )
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Love the TT reference - didn't think about it until D & P posted the photo.

Have to agree with others - Pixie is getting on my nerves with the simpering little girl voice and attitude.
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Maybe Pixie might stop squeaking if she say has get into character of a mute dancer? Mr T in those pictures you sent I did notice a few non TT risque poses Embarassed
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:12 pm

One day, one day, they may just play this and dance mambo on Strictly........one day....
It was 1955 and a gang of us were walking around the South Pier at Blackpool around mid-day in the sunshine. Suddenly, blasting over the sound system came.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj64NlRnpDY

How could you not want to dance? Cool
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Not came across that tune before Mr T! Its not my usual cup of tea but sooner that tune then half the drivel played now
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Looks like I'm missing the live show this week due to going out for a meal for son's birthday (he's only 44, bless) . My wife will be taping everything from Emmerdale through to the bed-time weather forecast so it looks like BBC iPlayer for me when I get home. I'll look forward to all your comments and hope it's a good show. Enjoy....
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:05 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Looks like I'm missing the live show this week due to going out for a meal for son's birthday (he's only 44, bless) . My wife will be taping everything from Emmerdale through to the bed-time weather forecast so it looks like BBC iPlayer for me when I get home. I'll look forward to all your comments and hope it's a good show. Enjoy....

Enjoy your meal, TangoL!
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:13 pm

cellar-door wrote:

Enjoy your meal, TangoL!

Thanks C.D., hoping to, although my mind will be wondering if Scott's dropped his partner yet. Very Happy
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Happy Birthday Mr T jr have a lovely day and meal! Having to record the show too as going to visot son in new house and DIY skills needed! My OH's not Mine.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top