A Little Bit of Honesty.

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Yes A.nton did well with Fiona last year.Could A.nton have coped with sag Frankie,Pixie or Caroline? When will Pasha and Alijaz be given a no hoper?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:27 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Yes A.nton did well with Fiona last year.Could A.nton have coped with sag Frankie,Pixie or Caroline? When will Pasha and Alijaz be given a no hoper?

Pasha was given Rachel Riley last year and she was the young version of Judy Murray in my humble opinion. The only plus point I supposed was that Rachel's relationship was in the rocks and she fancied the pants off Pasha, so didn't mind training hours upon hours with him thus making her routines on Saturday somewhat passable.

I agree though that Alijaz (and Kevin) are both due a dud next year.
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:31 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Yes A.nton did well with Fiona last year.Could A.nton have coped with sag Frankie,Pixie or Caroline? When will Pasha and Alijaz be given a no hoper?

I'm sure Housewives choice can cope with any dance partner. He may well be restricted in the acrobatics and weightlifting areas, but I'm also sure he's as strong as any normal dancer with a chosen partner. Unfortunately, he seems very unlucky at getting the producers to look beyond the love boat brigade for the choice cuts. That said, I can't see Aljaz going too much further for the same reasons. With all the respect in the world, Ali doing cartwheels and Aljaz hoisting her above his head is just never going to happen. Synchronised weightlifting is strictly (pardon the pun) in the entertainment department. Would Louis Smith have won purely on dance merit? I think not. I think Aljaz is due a short career in this one.
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Holding my hand up in apology to......Tom's cap. Nothing at all wrong with it, just the silly way he couldn't tell the front of his head from the side. (I had my Damascus moment this afternoon, walking the dog when it started to rain and I put on my cap...and realised it was the same one as Tomboy had that I've been abusing terribly) Embarassed
Mind you, I'm more Jack Sugden than Jack the Lad where caps are concerned.

So, once again the G.B.P put a dancer in danger with daft voting. Mark, mind, was never really threatened when
El Cobblo was in there ( a bit unfairly because Scott is so awful he should have volunteered to go home.) So sorry to see Nat out again (particularly after that great interval dance with Dixie to Tony Bennet and Lady Whatsit). The rest was pretty straight-forward and just the Beeb having fun with drama. Scott, Judy and Ali next up for the chop for me, but I sure ain't betting on it.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:38 pm

Should of been Tim & Scott in DO! I think Scotts fan base and Judy's are keeping them in.I voted for Frankie Sunetra and Thom
I still think Judy and Scott be around a few weels
Mark will come back fighting i hope with a ballroom dance
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:44 pm

I felt sorry for Mark but wasn't surprised to see him in the DO. I wouldn't have been surprised to see anyone out of him, Steve or Sunetra there as Simon benefited from a bottom two bounce (and did a decent crowd-pleasing dance), Judy was entertaining and much improved and Scott got sympathy votes. Had to be one of the other mid-tablers (and I think Mark's was the most forgettable dance amongst them and performed very early in the show).
Sid

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Sid wrote:I felt sorry for Mark but wasn't surprised to see him in the DO. I wouldn't have been surprised to see anyone out of him, Steve or Sunetra there as Simon benefited from a bottom two bounce (and did a decent crowd-pleasing dance), Judy was entertaining and much improved and Scott got sympathy votes. Had to be one of the other mid-tablers (and I think Mark's was the most forgettable dance amongst them and performed very early in the show).

Spot on Sid - I was thinking all week that Mark, Steve or Simon would be in the DO - last night Sunetra joined my group of possibilities. As you say Sid, Simon did a great dance and probably got the bounce vote as well so that ruled him out. Once Sunetra got called out in the first half I thought it might have been Steve who would be unlucky enough to be in the DO - I just thought that Mark might have had a bigger fan base. Delighted that it wasn't Steve - or Sunetra. Don't feel one way or the other about Mark, but of course it should have been Scott or Judy there, however, as we all know, the path of SCD doesn't run smoothly. No actual shock exit tonight, but I think we are still very much in shock exit territory for next week. For one moment tonight, I thought the 'Targaryen Twins' might be for the high jump!

I thought Tim was a real gentleman and a sport who has obviously genuinely enjoyed his time on SCD - I thought he gave it a good shot and was improving - I'm also really sorry that Nathalie is out. Tim may have lasted another week or two had he been pitted against Scott or Judy but it wasn't meant to be and I'm so glad that he didn't go out in the first weeks.

I am convinced that Scott is not enjoying it and that he looked upset tonight because he wasn't put out of his misery..................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Sadly, although A.nton does beautiful ballroom. His Latin is crap......one doesn't believe he is serious. His last "young" partner with winning potential was Laila. They actually made it to the 12th week and finished off in fourth place. The hard truth was his Latin does not measure up to the other male pros. When they do pro dances with Latin, he is either in the back row or is featured later on doing a wonderful sweep of ballroom. The audiences love seeing hot Latin with people who can do it. No one is going to waste someone with potential to be good at Latin on A.nton. It is unlikely that he will ever win.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:12 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Sadly, although A.nton does beautiful ballroom.  His Latin is crap......one doesn't believe he is serious.  His last "young" partner with winning potential was Laila.  They actually made it to the 12th week and finished off in fourth place.  The hard truth was his Latin does not measure up to the other male pros.  When they do pro dances with Latin, he is either in the back row or is featured later on doing a wonderful sweep of ballroom.  The audiences love seeing hot Latin with people who can do it.  No one is going to waste someone with potential to be good at Latin on A.nton.  It is unlikely that he will ever win.

I think some of the male celebs did better latin dances than A.nton. Case(s) in point: Mark Ramprakash, Ricky Whittle, Matt Di'Angelo, and of this series, possibly Jake Wood.
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:39 pm

I agree with several posters who doubt An ton could cope with a real contender. I think he could be rolled out for the Pro Ballroom spots but I don't think he could do the same justice to the range of dances. I can't remember when I last saw him doing a Samba or Salsa. Has he done an Argentine Tango? Look forward to seeing him and Judy doing a Charleston next week - after she's picked the wood splinters out of her backside from An ton throwing her like a hammer across the floor this week.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:58 pm

I'm a great admirer of Housewives choice and find it hard to hear him faulted. He's at the back end of his career and is now 46 years old, so I think he can be pardoned a little for not keeping up with others at least ten years his junior. I really hope he finds a job in the T.V dance world, but meanwhile, keep dancing Housewives choice.. cheers

Edit that, he's actually 48 now.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:54 pm

I know all the pros have their owen fanbases but I've long held the opinion that they've made little difference when it comes to the actual voting results. Apart from A.nton's that is. I'm convinced he's got a large and loyal following on Strictly unlike the other pros and his fans vote for him no matter what. It's probably the reason he's still there - he's very, very popular. But his Latin leaves a lot to be desired so I'd never want them to waste another celeb with potential (like Laila) on him again. It wouldn't be fair on that celeb.

mauveangel09 wrote:
I thought Tim was a real gentleman and a sport who has obviously genuinely enjoyed his time on SCD -  I thought he gave it a good shot and was improving - I'm also really sorry that Nathalie is out.  Tim may have lasted another week or two had he been pitted against Scott or Judy but it wasn't meant to be and I'm so glad that he didn't go out in the first weeks.

Wasn't his exit dance just the best?! A lovely, gracious farewell speech too. A proper gent.

It's a pity Tim didn't get more Ballroom dances to do. Latin was never going to be his thing but I think he really could have improved in the Ballroom, especially with Natalie as his teacher.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:20 pm

I definitely think that some celebs get a better run of dances than others and buy themselves extra weeks in the process. It was certainly the case last year (particularly with A bby in the early stages) and Alison is a case in point already this year. Unless they all have to stick to doing a latin one week and a ballroom the next then it will never be entirely fair.

I think that A nton and E rin are a joy to watch as a pro couple and great entertainers - I think that in SCD he seems to bring his repertoire out early as he's not expecting to be there after a certain point (so no Sambas, Argentine Tangos etc)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:34 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

I think that A nton and E rin are a joy to watch as a pro couple and great entertainers  - I think that in SCD he seems to bring his repertoire out early as he's not expecting to be there after a certain point  (so no Sambas, Argentine Tangos etc)  

Tango for A nton and Mrs M next week. A Halloween Tango though? Gee I really love Halloween, not.( I actually hate the mortal sight of it and life's going to be a misery for our shith-zu when the fireworks start after it.

Hernando's Hideaway would do nicely for music though, but no kilts or tennis stuff, please, even if the McMurray twins are in the audience.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:02 am

Thought An ton & Judy were doing a Charleston next week? Bet they get Monster Mash or something comedy. Can't think of a Lochness Monster Halloween song.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:48 am

Last year, I'd got used to being distracted from the celebs dancing by the Pro dancers doing something spectacular. This year I'm getting distracted by the awful costumes. There seems to be a wide range in the standards of the dresses the girls are wearing. They either seem to be a dog's dinner like Carolines dress this week, or fantastic like Natalie's Paso dress. Judy's dress was very distracting for all the wrong reasons. Jeangate is driving me mad. Did they have a sale on at the Elstree Pound Shop?

I'm also a bit lost with some of the choreography. The complexity of the dance content is very varied, and it's not always down to how well the celeb can manage, e.g Pixie & Trent who seem to be finding 27 ways of sticking one leg up in the air. I'm not recognising key movements within some of the dances. I'm finding it hard to recognise a Foxtrot, American Smooth, Samba. They all seem to be merging into vague show dances.

What's happening to the judges? They all seem to be turning beige and merging into a 7 brigade.  I used to like hearing L en spout about chassay oversways, feather steps, New Yorkers etc but now it's 'yercammoutear.....' and no detail. Is it because it's not there in the routine, or just that he's not mentioning it?  Cr aig mentions ballet terms and anything Frenchifed. I'm not sure what value Darcey's comments have, there's only so much you can say about opening up the chest and lengthening the neck?  The world's gone mad when Br uno is starting to sound (on occasion) like the voice of reason.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:13 am

B4p wrote:I'm also a bit lost with some of the choreography. The complexity of the dance content is very varied, and it's not always down to how well the celeb can manage, e.g Pixie & Trent who seem to be finding 27 ways of sticking one leg up in the air. I'm not recognising key movements within some of the dances. I'm finding it hard to recognise a Foxtrot, American Smooth, Samba. They all seem to be merging into vague show dances.

The world's gone mad when Br uno is starting to sound (on occasion) like the voice of reason.

Very well said B4, I would echo that.

(although I've often felt that B.runo, as wild as he is, has been the voice of reason both in terms of comments and scores!)
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:16 am

B4p wrote:What's happening to the judges? They all seem to be turning beige and merging into a 7 brigade.  I used to like hearing L en spout about chassay oversways, feather steps, New Yorkers etc but now it's 'yercammoutear.....' and no detail. Is it because it's not there in the routine, or just that he's not mentioning it?  Cr aig mentions ballet terms and anything Frenchifed. I'm not sure what value Darcey's comments have, there's only so much you can say about opening up the chest and lengthening the neck?  The world's gone mad when Br uno is starting to sound (on occasion) like the voice of reason.

That's so true about the judges comments. C.raig, I feel, is still C.raig. If good, he's often short and sweet. If he doesn't like a dance, he often use unflattering animate or inanimate imageries to describe what he meant. Darcey is beginning to sound predictable, "don't flex your feet when doing a jump", "can't wait to see what you dance next!", "you have improved" (I blame Tess for expecting her to give positive comments when other judges pan the routine). L.en has become a caricature of himself, with silly soundbites and precious little else "pickle walnuts", "you came out...", criticising (gives dirty looks to audience when they booed) and then ended with "overall, well done!". B.runo seems to have pins on his bum and can't sit still, but comments-wise, he often sounds the most creative, except he often likes to defer to L.en before he elaborates on the techniques he likes to see improved upon.
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 am

Oh come on surely Mull Of Kimtyre will do!!@ cyclops Runs and hides fast
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:19 pm

B4p wrote:Thought An ton & Judy were doing a Charleston next week? Bet they get Monster Mash or something comedy. Can't think of a Lochness Monster Halloween song.

I think you're right B4p. Tango must be wishful thinking. I remember now, Mrs Tennis claimed the Charleston will be her dance. Apologies for the error. Embarassed
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:26 pm

B4p wrote:Thought An ton & Judy were doing a Charleston next week? Bet they get Monster Mash or something comedy. Can't think of a Lochness Monster Halloween song.

You don't think "Donald where's yer troosers" is horror B4p? Very Happy
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:42 pm

If An.ton threw Judy like a sack of potatoes for the Tango, I wonder how he's going to cope with all these LEGAL lifts he could do with the Charleston?! I don't even want to contemplate this potentially car-crash tv situation...
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:00 pm

Maybe Judy will wear an all yellow outfit so when A.nton lifts or throws her she can imitate a Wimbledon tennis ball?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:30 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:You don't think "Donald where's yer troosers" is horror B4p? Very Happy
Ha - I like a bit of Andy Stewart but I do worry that the kilt might re-appear in some guise or other!
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:33 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Maybe Judy will wear an all yellow outfit so when A.nton lifts or throws her she can imitate a Wimbledon tennis ball?
As long as An ton doesn't have this weeks wardrobe malfunction and end up as the ball boy affraid
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top