A Little Bit of Honesty.

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:06 pm

[/quote]C raig's ideas of the next step up would be a combination of Fred Astaire, Rudolf Nureyev, Joachin Cortez and Michael Jackson, and even then he'd find something to fault. [/quote]
LOL! abso- bloomin- lutely Mr T!!

I agree with all those who have said that the next group to be out should be (on paper) - Mark, Fiona and Ben, with Ben probably lasting the longest - but we could have some twists and turns on the way and if Mark gets a 'bounce back' vote this week it is difficult to think about who might be in danger. I was very pleased that Fiona did not exit before Dave and I'm pleased that she is going to Blackpool but I agree with the person who said in their post that both she and Ben have 'reached their plateau' now, however she and A nton certainly have a cracker for Blackpool - The American Smooth really suits the big space and it is right up A nton's street - nice strategy!!!

Really pleased that Sophie did well at the weekend and a great quickstep (also a good dance for Blackpool) should really put her back in the running........... fingers crossed! Much as I enjoyed Abby's Charleston I was pleased when C raig on ITT tonight stated that Sophie's was still his personal favourite.Very Happy Very Happy 

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:08 pm

To get in the Blackpool mood I summoned up a fred/ginger-esque pic. Hope you like.  Wink 

TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:34 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

I keep hearing of this fallacy that An.ton pulls in the votes - if that is the case why has this been his best run in the show for as long as I can remember?

Well we all know that Widdy stayed in until week 10 because she was a good dancer.

Loving the pic Tango(can't find a thumbs up)
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:17 am

No she stayed in for the same reason as Dave Myers and John Sargeant - the British public voting for the comedy act (nothing to dovwith An.ton).
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:08 am

Yes, the public do keep comedy acts in but I think there was another interesting influence. In the first week of Strictly, The Hairy Bikers were on RIGHT AFTER ITT. Dave had a HUGE amount of time to show what a basically nice guy he is. I had never watched The Hairy Bikers......but I did watch then. I learned that Dave has made friends all over Europe, friends he has had for 20 years or more. I learned that he and his partner always were grateful for what people did for them.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:59 am

TANGOLERO wrote:To get in the Blackpool mood I summoned up a fred/ginger-esque pic. Hope you like.  Wink 

Another beautiful picture Mr D. It's definitely got me in the mood. I'm right in thinking you do draw yourself yes? Can we have one every week please SmileRazz 
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:07 am

Sid wrote: Another beautiful picture Mr D. It's definitely got me in the mood. I'm right in thinking you do draw yourself yes?  Can we have one every week please SmileRazz 
I used to draw and paint many years ago Sid. I've only recently (in my retirement) taken it up again and am having lots of fun with it.. Seeing an old black and white pic of Fred and Ginger made me want to put it in paint...so I did.  Not a subject everybody relates to, so I posted it where people do love ballroom dance. Wink 
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:19 am

You have a great gift TANGO - thanks for sharing it with us. I wonder if the forum software has facilities for a gallery (I know the forum I run does) and your lively paintings could be put on permanent display there. Just a thought.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Mark & Iveta are doing the Jive which means it's their third Latin number in a row. This has got me thinking. There's a lot of contradictory stuff being said. On the one hand people say such and such pro wants to get such and such dance out the way (or avoid it)....but then people also say such and such couple have been given such and such dance.

So are the pros choosing the order of their dances or the producers? I can't imagine Iveta choosing another Latin number for Mark, especially a Jive (his poor knees!).

Other dances revealed:

Ben & Kristina - American Smooth
Abbey & Aljaz - Quickstep

Both should suit although I hope the lifts in Ben & Kristina's routine look and feel like part of the dance as opposed to a display of weight lifting!
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:32 pm

All a bit confusing I agree Sid. Abbey seems to be getting the in-hold dances which she's probably safer with, Mark's go to the stage when his dance won't compete with the rest and Latin gives him the comedy option, although jive is sure to be hard work for him, as you say. Hope Ben doesn't just use the lift capacity in AS as a way to take the focus off his dance. Problem is now, the middle order are really in the frame. Mark and Fiona, we all agree should be next in line for the Shanghai express, followed by Ben, but you just never know with the button pushers....

Patrick's put himself in contention for staying around a while and the last six are relatively easy for anybody to call. As long as they remain intact it isn't that critical who goes of the rest. Glad A nton got to Blackpool because Fiona may not have what it takes to go much further anyway. Kristina won't give up easily with Ben so really, anything can still happen.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:42 pm

The person who has surprised me the most this series is Mark. When I saw the line up I didn't imagine him lasting much beyond week 3 but he pretty soon proved me wrong. He has great rhythm, great timing and an ability to really interpret the dance. His MC Hammer cha cha cha was one of the best dances I have seen this series, so far. However, even if the rest of the field were not clearly ahead of him (with the exception of maybe Fiona and Ben) I do feel he has become the victim of a) wardrobe disasters (that spacesuit, ghastly!) and b) bad dance choices. I cannot believe that Iveta would choose a rumba for a male s.leb who probably won't be around to dance every dance and who, let's face it, is of the portly variety. Comedy or not, his size will hinder the bounce, kicks and flicks needed in a jive. All credit to the man because I fear he is now leaving himself open to humiliation and he is better than that. I appreciate his time is near but I would like him to leave on a high, with a beautiful dance.
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Agreed Fifty. Everything, well, almost everything , about Mark has been comedy related, so much so that the GBP are expecting it. I mean, what chance has someone given a rubber bald wig, a paint smock and a stuffed cat got of being taken seriously in a rumba? His jive will probably be the same, designated to get laughs and disguise the dance elements. As such, he's a sacrificial lamb before he even hits the boards in a lot of eyes. I think he'll be a goner this week.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Mr D you are a man of many talents! What a wonderful picture cheers 
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Wow - Mr T - what a lovely picture - it has given me a real lift after a frustrating and naff day at work - thank you - Very Happy 

Re: Strategy and dance choices - I know I have been one of those going on about strategy and dance choices, but I have to agree that Mark/Iveta's choices have not been as good as others on this front so it does seem a bit confusing. We can't say it is because she is new because Aliaj for example seems to have it sussed - However how about this - Iveta is probably anxious to please and to cement her place on the show - she has certainly made more of an impression than the other new female pros - so she possibly might be 'up' for things that are suggested by the production team and/or hasn't yet got the knack of the strategy thing...................I don't know, just a thought.......

The crunch is that the greatest mystery of SCD - (equal to viewer voting figures) is that we will never really know just how much of the music choices and the order of dances is influenced by the Producers and how much is influenced by the pros..............I would love to know.

I thought that Mark and Iveta were lovely on ITT tonight - refreshing to hear Mark say that he did not particularly like the 'Goldfinger' track and found the concept and the dance difficult - clue that it wasn't all Iveta then? He comes across as a level headed person who is not taking SCD too seriously and is just enjoying it on a week by week basis - I won't feel too sorry if he goes out this week because I think he has genuinely enjoyed the experience for what it is - more so than Dave I think.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  1superken on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:11 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

I thought that Mark and Iveta were lovely on ITT tonight - refreshing to hear Mark say that he did not particularly like the 'Goldfinger' track and found the concept and the dance difficult - clue that it wasn't all Iveta then?     He comes across as a level headed person who is not taking SCD too seriously and is just enjoying it on a week by week basis - I won't feel too sorry if he goes out this week because I think he has genuinely enjoyed the experience for what it is - more so than Dave I think.
Im not surprised that Mark didn't like the Goldfinger track and dance , but i am surprised , Mark being an actor , didn't ask to be dressed as Oddjob or Goldfinger who were actually in Goldfinger , instead of going through the difficult process off being disguised as Blofeld , a character who wasn't What a Face

In that costume , Diamonds are forever might have been a winner Rolling Eyes 
1superken

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:43 pm

[quote="1superken"]
Good point superken and right on the mark. I said to my wife on Saturday "I'm not sure who he's supposed to be but it sure isn't Auric Goldfinger". They could actually have left Mark as himself in a suit and passed him off as the right character instead of making him a bad Humpty Dumpty.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  1superken on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:24 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
It was a strange choice Mr T at least he survived , i dread to think what they will give him to wear in the Jive Shocked 
1superken

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:18 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
Good point superken and right on the mark. I said to my wife on Saturday "I'm not sure who he's supposed to be but it sure isn't Auric Goldfinger". They could actually have left Mark as himself in a suit and passed him off as the right character instead of making him a bad Humpty Dumpty.
It was Blofeld in You Only Live Twice.  Right down to the chair, cat and scar...

Donald Pleasance

It was interesting hearing Mark on ITT last night, I sensed he was being diplomatic but obviously he wasn't a fan of the music he was given.   That aside, I'm genuinely fearful that he's got a jive to do this w/e.
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:11 pm

1superken wrote:
It was a strange choice Mr T at least he survived , i dread to think what they will give him to wear in the Jive Shocked 
Much depends on what music he gets Superken. This is one dance where tie and tails are banned and elegance is a dirty word. I 've seen some of the craziest shaped folk doing jive like you've never seen. Stick him in jeans, white socks and brothel creepers. And no loose wigwams for a shirt, put him in a t-shirt and to hell with it. What's he got to lose?
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:50 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Much depends on what music he gets Superken. This is one dance where tie and tails are banned and elegance is a dirty word. I 've seen some of the craziest shaped folk doing jive like you've never seen. Stick him in jeans, white socks and brothel creepers. And no loose wigwams for a shirt, put him in a t-shirt and to hell with it. What's he got to lose?  
Yes he would look really good dressed like this - why not?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Afternoon everyone, the song choices for this week are up:

Ashley and O.la dance the Paso Doble to Bon Jovi’s You Give Love a Bad Name.

Patrick and Anya will Samba to Barry Manilow’s Copacabana.

Abbey and Aljaz will Quickstep to Walking On Sunshine by Katrina and The Waves.

Fiona and A.nton will perform the American Smooth to Frank Sinatra’s Come Fly With Me.

Sophie and Brendan are Quickstepping to Shirley Bassey’s The Lady is a Tramp.

Mark and Iveta Jive to You Can’t Stop the Beat from Hairspray.

Susanna and Kevin will perform the Paso Doble to Carmen’s Los Toreadors.

Ben and Kristina dance the American Smooth to Fallin’ by Alicia Keys.

Natalie and Artem will Charleston to Will.i.am’s Bang Bang.

Susanna's should be a crowd-pleaser. I think Artem will achieve with Natalie what he couldn't quite pull off with Holly in what looks to be a Charleston with a modern twist. Abbey's music is bright and should go down well. Sophie has a nice classy number to Quickstep to. And I don't mind a bit of Copa Wink
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Interesting Sid.

Susanna and Kevin got the better of the paso music, although there's no such word as toreador in Spanish, it's torero or matador.

Copacabana's fine for a samba as is Come Fly With Me for A.S and Lady is a tramp for quickstep..Not over enthusiastic about the rest,although Walking on Sunshine is lively, as you say, but Mark should be well at home with his Hairspray choice.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:23 pm

I love that song from Hairspray, maybe Mark can pull something out of the bag after all. Ooh, exciting when we get down to only nine contestants.....
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Great comments to catch up on everyone! Amazing a week without internet & your itching to get back! Im a little concerned re Ashley/Patrick this week also Fiona. I only have Abby & Suzanna as favourites
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Welcome back Sax Very Happy
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next