A Little Bit of Honesty.

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:53 am

Great comments! Looking forward to Hatlady's costune review! & V.incent in the jungle!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: A liitle bit of Honesty

Post  Moova 12 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:10 am

Smile Enjoyed the show more than I have in the past couple of weeks.
However, I have to agree over the marking it was very inconsistent, with some over marked.
I think You can call me Sir from now on's comments were way out of order, both to judges and contestants. The jokes were lame and last night he came across as a crotchety old man. I also think it was the contrast between the previous week with Tess and Claudia when, dare I say it IMO it ran more professionally.

I want to stick up a bit for Ben as what he might lack in dance technique, he makes up for in attentiveness to his  partner. I thought he had bought what he learnt in the rumba to parts of his AS, the touching of the face for example.

Did think at one point the running camera man was going to get entangled with Abbey.

For me the puzzle of the night was
where did they put Natalie's hair??????????????????????????????Shocked
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:32 am

Moova 12 wrote:
For me the puzzle of the night was
where did they put Natalie's hair??????????????????????????????Shocked
lol!  
I know!! I'm looking forward to Hatladys explanation of Natalies 'look'.  
I wonder if 'the powers that be' are trying to sabotage her -  vanishing the lovely hair,  making her wear those hideous white tights, and scheduling her straight after Susanna's paso.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:38 am

From my hospital bed I write this review.

What a great show last night. A host of great dances particularly from Susanna, Patrick, Ashley, Abbey, Sophie and Nat. A tad too many tens flung around for my liking though. Also growing a bit fed up by other judges ganging up on CRH. I thought his marks last night were more accurate than some of the others. Besides we need more nit-pickung and less backside kissing. Thought Ben was over-marked as was Nat a bit.

In the dance-off it should be Mark and Fiona in my opinion.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Oh no CC, sorry to hear you're in hospital Sad Nothing too serious I hope buddy?

P.S guys I concur about Nat's hair!
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Hope all is going well for you C.raig, and thanks to all for the posts.  It's always fun to read the reviews on here.

I felt I was a bit tough on Sir B. last night - maybe he's just doing what they tell him.
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Just a couple of general thoughts:

Having had a think about last night I'm still feeling the buzz this morning that the show was thoroughly enjoyable. I'm really glad because the Tower Ballroom is the place for such extravaganzas and one up for us northeners. Wink 

The standard's been pretty decent right through this time and the improvements are marked. No one left is obviously bad, only weaker than the others. Fiona and Mark's dances were both enjoyable enough in their way although somewhat limited. It just shows the way for making emimination easier. At this stage either Fiona or Mark (I know some might not agree) are reasonably obvious outers- doesn't really matter which order-and then it becomes a little difficult. Ben isn't at all bad but he's in the danger zone, because Patrick has really moved up the order, and he and Ashley are carrying the flag for the males. I'm still not totally convinced by Abbey, Susanna is enjoying the hell out of it all and that leaves Sophie and Natalie as the pack leaders for the ladies. I wouldn't really risk a mortgage on anybody being a clear winner with the masses. I'm getting vibes from other areas that Susanna is winning over some male votes (not purely for her dancing alone) and has become popular enough to go all the way. All said, it's looking a tasty affair.

I think the support dancers were, as commented, a little odd, but in there to fill up the spaces in the arena, for the audience benefit. Remarkables of the night ( a couple already mentioned) putting Mark in a decent costume, Natalie's disappearing big hair and......for me, the howler of the series.....wait for it.....KEVIN, A MATADOR IN BLACK SOCKS.... It could only happen in Blackpool.....lol! 
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Unsure where to put this now, but as it's one of the ultimates in show dance, show dancers, singer and song choice, I'll offer it here.....cos I love it....Wink 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nAH6vmFYzM
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm still buzzing from last night too Mr T Smile The Blackpool setting gave our couples an extra lift. The atmosphere emanated through my television set and into my living room. It was a great show which 11.3 million viewers tuned in to see apparently.

So this is where I am with everyone at the moment:

In terms of dance capability, Natalie is still leading the ladies. No surprise there. But she looks weary to me - I'm actually a bit worried about her. Coming out of one of the lifts last night, she didn't look like she had the stamina to get back up. I'm concerned she's pushing herself too hard.

By contrast, Susanna seems to have endless amounts of energy. What she lacks in dance ability (and she's not bad at all) she makes up for in performance. A very gutsy lady. She's sorted for two 'wow' dances, one in each discipline, for the semis or final (Waltz and Paso). I reckon it's hers to lose now.

Next is Abbey who I think is a very good dancer. But I can't help feeling the judges are trying to make me believe she's better than she actually is. I felt both her Charleston last week and her Quickstep this week were over-marked. Are they favouring her slightly, protecting her maybe? I don't know. But I can't shake off the feeling I'm being duped somehow.

Taking all the dances so far into consideration, I'd say Sophie comes in fourth - but she's not far behind the others and she's good enough for me. Plus, she has an innate elegance and her own distinct style which makes her stand out from the crowd. When she's on form, I think she's the most watchable person out there.

Onto the guys and there's not much between Patrick and Ashley but I give Patrick the edge for a few reasons. Firstly, his Ballroom had an added maturity and flair to it. Secondly, he has a more natural feel for the Latin dances. Thirdly, I think Anya's choreography showcases him better than O.la's does Ash. But who knows, Ben could be out-voting and out-last them both!
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Great show last night and I agree with a lot of what has been said.  All the routines were enjoyable in some way and the ballroom looked magnificent. I loved Sophie's enjoyment of her dance and Susanna's commitment in particular.

My one gripe was the judges marks - L.en and B.runo only used their 8, 9 and 10 paddles!  If it weren't for C.raig we would have had a ridiculous number of tied scores.  Apart from C.raig they have all trapped themselves in a corner from giving out 10s very early on - looking at the scores from last night any improvement by Abbey, Susanna or Natalie can only be rewarded by C.raig Mad 

OK - rant over Smile although I do agree that B.ruce was bad even by his standards!  Perhaps he was overcome by Blackpool lol!

Sorry to hear you're in hospital CC -  hope you make a speedy recovery xx
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Hope CC all going well & wish you a speedy recovery.I loved last night & now that I read comments here I realised yes Natalie's hair! Where!? I presumed a gel to create a flat look under a haircap?
B.runo for me I felt went OTT with his comment & Tess apologised but tsk tsk ruined Blackpool. I felt B.rucie had trouble seeing the auto cue as far away? & I thought he looked tired. A cameo role for him would keep him in the show & the public still enjoying his style of presenting. I feel next year A.nton will be called upon to present SCD.

saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Commiserations CC, hope you're soon back on your feet. Keeeeeeeeeepppp posting...Wink 
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:29 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:From my hospital bed I write this .
Hope nothing too serious CC, best wishes for a speedy recovery flower 

Will we get a shock DO tonight or will it go as we all expect and be Mark v Fiona?
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Just got back from being out all day - before the show wanted to say a quick 'Get Well Soon' to CC - hope your're ok - I noticed you weren't on the forum during the week.

I'm trying to rig the computer up to watch the results show - as my hubby is watching the F1 American Grand Prix on Sky....................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:04 pm

Well interesting DO off tonight.I won't spoil it early but I thought it was interesting who was C.raig's choice to save! I agreed with him btw. I still wish the BBC would stop this whole its Sunday's show nonsense! Id sooner see at 10:30pm Saturday night just the Couples going through the saves then the DO! Yes I know its not "live" yet its still Saturday! & maybe on Sunday a half an hour show with the judges favourite parts & unseen backstage footage!

saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Yes, Sax I too was surprised at C.raigs choice. I couldn't call it as to who they would save, but I for one am happy with the result, I'm sure the one who went through will still go out next week, but maybe having done their best dance hopefully, like Rachel
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:13 pm

A difficult choice Alls I agree. Next week thou it could change for thè saved couple. A good ballroom could propell them over anothers disasterous Latin dance!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:24 pm

I said earlier in the week I didn't think Fiona had the ambition to go on, and so it proved. Effectively, she was the better dancer of the two, but where Mark gave it 100% even at the last, Fiona lost the plot completely and didn't look too worried about it. Shame for A nton but L en called it just right. I expect to see Mark back in the dance off next week, most likely with Ben, but he deserves his extra week for trying so hard. Good show tonight but I'm afraid J.L.S? and their like have me showing my age. Not for me.

Where's James Jordan disappeared to by the way? Conspicuous by his absence this wekend.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:30 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Where's James Jordan disappeared to by the way? Conspicuous by his absence this wekend.  
I noticed that too Mr D but I wondered if it were something to do with CIN and dancing with Jayne Torville- but I'm not sure when that was filmed?
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Mr. Jordan was dancing with Jayne Torvill for Children in Need. I suspect that the rehearsal schedule put him out of contention for the big Blackpool group dances.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:36 pm

I thought it was the wrong choice actually. Whilst it was a really enjoyable routine from the performance angle, Mark and Iveta were just dancing a scene from 'Hairspray' as far as I was concerned and most of the dance content was actually done by Iveta. To me it did not compare with the challenge of doing the American Smooth for Fiona with the lifts and the proper dance steps. However, that said, I felt it was right that those two were in the dance off and Fiona seemed almost relieved that it was time to go! I think she has definitely reached her limit and would only get another week - better I suppose to go out to a lovely track and in some style at Blackpool - Well done -I'm glad she got there.

So Mark will be hanging around for another week but I can't think who he will up against in next weeks DO??????

Reflecting on the show today like many of you I was a bit disappointed that so many '10s' were flying around last night because I believe that it does not give the couples anywhere to go and we still have a fair few weeks to get through. The only way is down with '10s' so early - although I wouildn't mind betting that we see a tightening of scores for a few weeks from now on as it is getting difficult to choose between the couples now in terms of ability and 'tied' scores.

There are also a few couples in my book that are being overrated consistently. Sid mentioned Abby earlier today - now I have warmed considerably to her and have a higher opinion than what I did have but I have also clocked that the judges have been very 'nice' and given a fairly easy ride to Abby since week one - IMO she was overmarked in the first few weeks of the competition when she did some quite average dances and I still feel that she has done a lot of ballroom in order to cement her place and keep in the contest but that she has not done a lot of latin in comparison to some of the others. I was very pleased that Sophie got through tonight as I had a nagging feeling which thankfully proved unfounded and vindicated the ridiculous '7'.

The other reflection was how totally forgettable Nathalie's Charleston was (to me). Great Charlestons stay in the mind - I can still remember a whole bunch of them from past years (DvO, Kimberley, Kara, team cola) and from this series both Sophie and Abby - but honestly I couldn't really remember Nats routine this morning - I'm not being unkind, I know it was executed faultlessly but I just thought it didn't particularly suit her as a dance and couldn't see why she got '10's

Lest this all sounds negative - I have really really enjoyed the whole of the Blackpool weekend - I loved the group and pro dances on both nights - I thought the opener tonight was very clever and great to have the space to do the formation dancing a la 'Come Dancing' - Iveta and A nton were sublime dancing to Andre Rieu...................................Yes the series really ignited for me this weekend with I think some very interesting weeks are just round the corner in terms of who makes it through to the finals.........................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

re A Little bit of Honesty

Post  Moova 12 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:46 pm

I don't think Mark's knees will hold out much more so hope he gets a ballroom. I too think Fiona was almost relieved to be in the DO. The opening with all those sugared almond shaded net dresses took me back to my child hood watching Come Dancing. I only imagined the colours as it was black and white with Peter West Embarassed
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Great comments mauve Smile I also thought Fiona should have stayed another week A.nton deserved another glorious week.Mark yes showcased a well known dance from Hairspray! Next week I do have a little doubt who will be in the DO? If Mark has a good ballroom dance it could save him & a possible shock appearence in the DO say for Sophie/Ashley?
I can't say I recall Natalie's dance last night I do agree better Charleston's this series from Abbey & Sophie & other series couples ie Team Cola,Dvo.I did find my thoughts returned to Austin Healey's paso when Ashley first ventured out,I almost expected Austin's voice!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:59 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Iveta and A nton were sublime dancing to Andre Rieu
They really were. I didn't think Iveta & A.nton dancing together would work, thought they'd look odd, but I was utterly entranced. It was a beautiful and moving performance from the pair of them. Good round up by the way mauve Smile

Regarding James, I gathered from his tweets that he wasn't dancing this weekend because his back is still healing?

I completely agree with you Mr T that whilst Fiona might be a slightly better dancer than Mark, her performances didn't have the same pizzazz. His heart's still in it, hers isn't. She has had a good run and looked to be quite content to leave.

It's hard to call what'll happen next week. Sophie's back to Latin I presume and if it doesn't go too well that could spell danger for her. I can't see the Charleston suiting Ben's personality but I'm sure Kristina will ensure the lift-work is impressive so that the focus is on that. Who knows.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:00 pm

James has hurt his back apparently - so sayeth Twitter.

I thought the result of the D/O was fair.  I keep hearing the judges say that it's what they do in the dance-off that matters and Fiona made a right hash of it in several places.  If she hadn't, I've no doubt she'd have been put through.  As it was, she didn't seem unduly put out at being given three red cards.  

I thought she was a good choice for the competition and warmed to her more and more.   I'm now wondering whether that's not the last time we see Housewives choice in a competitive dance on SCD.
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top