Sir Br uce, Tess & Claudia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sir Br uce, Tess & Claudia

Post  B4p on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:52 am

Get well soon Bru ice.

Thought Tess and Claudia worked well together tonight.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Re: Sir Br uce, Tess & Claudia

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:47 am

B4p wrote:Get well soon Bru ice.

Thought Tess and Claudia worked well together tonight.
Well said B4! I am always secretly pleased when Brucie's ill though, because I love the Tess/ Claude double act- they bring out the best in each other . Claude makes me laugh out loud.
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:26 am

Been away so catching up with progs I missed and last night sat down to watch When Miranda Met B.ruce.  Did anybody else see this?  For all you You B.ruce bashers, what a man!  Heart-warming TV.
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:30 am

I did watch it fifty! B.rucie old school polite a true gentleman just wanting to entertain in a family way.If B.rucie stepped down Id still hope he had a cameo role in SCD.Not many of the old school entertainers about
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:12 pm

I was delighted that there was no B.ruce tbh! I really appreciated the fact that they got through 15 celebs without having to skip judges' comments. Claudia is better than Tess at Tess' job and Tess is better than You can call me Sir from now on at You can call me Sir from now on's job. I don't think they need to look for a replacement tbh - just let these two take over.
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Yes, I agree Littlebear. I think Claud and T.ess have proven themselves well able to co-host the show. When B.ruce goes I'd be disappointed if the BBC think they need to 'bring a man in'.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Just before the illusion evaporates for another week, I thought Bru cie was on form in Blackpool.

He looked well and even his jokes seem to rise to the occasion. With such a lot of funny comics in the north, he couldn't really fail to find some funnier material than his usual offerings. Has he got new script writers?
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:31 pm

I think B.rucie enjoyed a weeks rest
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing how T ess and Claudia settle into their new roles.
Claudia's wardrobe must be like a coal-hole with all her black frocks. Please add a splash of colour to her usual funeral attire. Will the dress department colour match or contrast them?
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:40 am

Well contrast they did. T ess in an elegant black gown on Friday and Cl aude (I've cut my fringe) in shocking pink and no eyeliner.

I thought Br ucie's joke writer had left with him.

Cheesefest T ess. STOP IT & Cl aude who's already buying a hat for Thom & Iveta who didn't know where to look whilst waiting for  their score.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:24 am

C.laudia looked ill in pink and different hair colour back in covered thin shoulders black dress diff shade hair colour and more eye liner better! I like C.laudia in with the celebs but Tess on her own doesn't work!!! I missed B.rucie.A male presenter would work matbe Donny could stay and present? Not John I Loove ME Barrowman id sooner have Paul O'Grady or Graham Norton
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: Sir B ruce, C laudia and T ess

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:28 pm

I've always like the T ess and C laudia partnership and still do - but I think I enjoyed them as a bit of an antidote to T ess and B rucie for the last few years - not sure how it will work with them being together on both shows on both nights. I really liked C laudia's dress last night - back in black but looking very sophisticated with the sparkly bits - best I have ever seen her look in contrast to how she looked on Friday night!

I think a series of male guest presenters would be good for the Saturday night show - but let's see how C laude and T ess work out once they have settled into it

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:05 pm

I agree mauve.
I think the two woman generally get on, and work well together, but I'm not sure if having them both on two nights running will be too much and start to grate. I find T ess far more irritating than Claud, and find I'm itching to press mute when T ess appears and the season's only just beginning. Maybe the occasional guest male presenter would mix things up a bit. It works well on some of the quiz and current event programmes. Maybe the occasional rotation of male Pro dancers could work, particularly those injured like Robin?
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  suzeworld on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:32 pm

B4p wrote:I agree mauve.
I think the two woman generally get on, and work well together, but I'm not sure if having them both on two nights running will be too much and start to grate. I find T ess far more irritating than Claud, and find I'm itching to press mute when T ess appears and the season's only just beginning. Maybe the occasional guest male presenter would mix things up a bit. It works well on some of the quiz and current event programmes. Maybe the occasional rotation of male Pro dancers could work, particularly those injured like Robin?

So what do you think now, two years later?  Do they grate or are they great?  (I could be BF's scriptwriter, eh! Razz Razz  )
suzeworld

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:58 pm

I'd still like to see a male/female partnership with C,lauded in the interview room?.... I'm not so struck with Tess laughing at her own jokes.......
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi Suze Basketball

Tess still gets on my nerves I'm afraid but I'm coping!

I don't like how she openly salivates over the younger men. It's creepy and wouldn't be allowed if the presenter was male.
I think Tess & Claudia do a good double act. I don't mind Claude's larking about so long as it's short, sharp & witty. I think the calmer partner (as in a classic double act) sets the joker up by being smoother, and more classy, for example, John le Measurer vs Arthur Lowe, Peter Cook vs Dudley Moore. To me, Tess still regurgitates the 50's postcard humour which was more Br ucie's era and it doesn't really suit her. There's enough good script writers out there. I'm sure someone, somewhere, could come up with the occasional punless snippet. I live in hope Mad
B4p

Back to top Go down

Re: Sir B ruce T ess and C laudia

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:11 am

I still have mixed feelings about them - most of the time it is ok because they are after all just acting as 'anchor women' presenters.  I think B4P makes a good point about T ess still sometimes trying to deliver to the B rucie lines - never a good idea to do someone else's jokes! particularly when you are the straight woman anyway!   What I really can't stand is the slapstick stuff that they get C laude to do - to me it really isn't funny and I cringe.  C laude comes into her own when she is upstairs with the couples and I think she used to have much more of an edge and is naturally witty - she doesn't need all that silly stuff. I also thought it was a bit embarassing the way that both of them openly salivated over G leb last year - it went too far and as someone else said - it wouldn't have been considered appropriate if male presenters had done it.

I think I would still enjoy the occasional guest presenter but I think overall T and C do a good job and the show has remained just as popular as in the days of Sir B rucie who was absolutely unique and part of cementing SCD in popular culture but I think the show doesn't necessarily need a 'big personality' presenter anymore.

Interesting to look back at what we said at the time..............

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:32 am

I think they have done a good job overall, I don't feel the urge to replace Tess even though she's a bit wooden. I always have been a Claudie fan, I think she plays the kookie part really well and I often LOL at her asides. As Sir Brucie would say, she's my favourite Smile
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  suzeworld on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:22 am

I totally agree that Claude does not need the slapstick, her razor wit is best when free-styling a bit, up on the balcony.

I am not really a fan of Tess whatever she does, but I like her better with out Sir national treasure ... the show is vastly improved for me without him.

I hadn't really taken note of Tess perving over the fellahs, but now you mention it, yes, it is not OK, and if it was The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman perving over the female contestants there would be uproar ... maybe we need to start tweeting about it when she is live .. they read their tweets !

I wouldn't mind a mix of male-female presenters, if they evened out the judges, it is a constant irritation to me that there are three men on the panel .. even if two of them are queer it doesn't re-dress the balance Laughing
suzeworld

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top