It Takes Two 2013

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: It Takes Two 2013

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Thrilled for you Sid! Guess our little forum is worth a nose around by the SCD people! Better to get actual fans reviews from a dedicated site Smile
Now I wonder if we can get a double for you Sid!?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:31 am

Well done Sid, did wonder if it was you.

I'm warming very much to both Robin and Mark this year.

Loved loved loved the Vinthent & Flavia bits.
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 am

Wondering if ITT & BBC take on board we LOVED F.lavia & V.incent on ITT please more,more.A regular slot needed on ITT starts the campaign for the fabulous pair Smile
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:52 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I squealed is that our Sid?
Nearly choked on my tea as well. Well done for infiltrating the dark halls of the Beeb via the Twit-Twoo system. Mark's very friendly and tweets back. He's got my vote at the moment. cheers 
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Cheers guys!

sax - They got my comment off Twitter hun, not here!
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Twitter or here it still made me squeal "Its our Sid!" Must try & recall my twitter password
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: It Takes Two

Post  mauveangel09 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:23 pm

I caught up with last nights programme tonight and informed my husband that it was 'our Sid' - he was duly impressed!

Mark is a really nice bloke and after my ranting at the weekend I was glad that the training VT showed them doing what looked to be a lovely 'straight' waltz - looking forward to that one. Thought Patrick looked good in training too - I've not been too impressed with him so far but the training looked excellent. I hope that Rachel copes with the paso - she could end up looking awkward but will probably get the sympathy vote this week.

Fiona looked good and with a cracking 'toon' to go with it she should really take the chance to make an impression this week - otherwise it might be her last chance. I think Susanna will be back in her comfort zone with the AS and an inspired track choice to go with it. Deborah will also be happier with the VW but I think she is increasingly struggling with the technical side - although her commitment and enjoyment is still shining through.

I think we will see an absolutely sizzling and superb Salsa from Nathalie and A rtem and to 'bamboleo' - brilliant!!!! I will be dancing round the living room - at last a suitable latin track!

Feel that the Cha Cha will not be Sophie's dance but so far she has consistently delivered even on dances that tall contestants traditionally find more challenging, so we shall see..............

I caught a few seconds of Dave and Karen but it just looked like head banging - not sure what dance they are even doing this week? The gap in ability is really starting to show now!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:16 am

I loved Mark last night he really is a lovely man. Good to see him train well & Im sure the Waltz will be lovely.He is light on his feet & good to see him in a straight dance role! Not always needed the comedy role.
Im wondering if ITT deliberately showd Dave just head/hair banging to grab a reaction? It doesn't do Dave any favours & I feel its a disadvantage showing only that clip from their training.I am sure Dave does try hard & can concerntrate.Please show the good & bad of ALL the couples not just the few
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Susanna & Kevin are great together aren't they? You can tell they clicked immediately. If they could just finesse the dancing a bit then I still reckon they have the broad appeal needed to win.

Aljaz seems like a nice chap and yes he's good-looking but I don't find him DROP DEAD GORGEOUS like everyone else does!

sax - Don't worry, apart from us die hard Strictly fans, I don't think viewers take too much notice of the brief training clips!

mauveangel09 wrote:I caught up with last nights programme tonight and informed my husband that it was 'our Sid' - he was duly impressed!
Mr mauve was impressed eh? That's high praise indeed! Smile

Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:32 pm

I'm really enjoying Susanna & Kevin's partnership as well Sid. Also Robin & Deborah - but Robin has always got on well with his partners.

I found the clip of Artem being whipped by Natalie's hair was hilarious Very Happy
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Exciting news for E.rin a little dancer is due! I wondered if E.rin's decision to step down had been due to her being broody! An SCD baby to look forward too
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: It takes Two 2013

Post  mauveangel09 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Re: E rin - I'd say that it was definitely the reason that she didn't do SCD this year Sax. I went to see E rin and A nton in their own show last February and didn't dream that she would not do SCD, I thought there must be a good reason why Housewives choice was still in the show without E rin and it crossed my mind that she was hoping for the patter of tiny feet - Good for E rin and our first Strictly pro baby!!!! ( I wonder when Mrs Jordan will get broody...............!)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Sid wrote:
Mr mauve was impressed eh? That's high praise indeed! Smile

Sid - LOL!!!!!! (can't seem to do the emoticons anymore!) 

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:06 am

Where have your the devils work's got to mauve? I couldn't survive without them! bounce 

sax - I'm over the moon for E.rin. I also feel better knowing she probably decided to leave rather than being axed.

Wallflower - Bobby is a sweety!

Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 pm

I was pleased Karen Hardy picked up on Ballroom 'gapping' as I do feel like it's something that used to be mentioned by the judges a lot but they seem to be overlooking it this year.

And I agreed with her about A.nton and Fiona's Quickstep - the constant stopping and starting with the prop made for a disjointed routine and probably contributed to Fiona's mistakes and poor hold.

Warming more and more to Mark & Iveta. They have a clear understanding of what each expects of the other and each of them delivers their side of the bargain. And they have formed a sweet and genuine friendship along the way.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:21 pm

True a lot of gapping & no mention of it with the judges! Suprised to see Abby & Alijaz having gaps! Loved Mark & Iveta they are really suited to each other. Not keen on Lisa Riley's little VT's...Did the tv work offers not fly in after SCD? I do like Karen I prefer thou F.lavia & V.incent together in choreography corner.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Oh Sid - you're right. Mark & Iveta are adorable! They are one of the loveliest partnerships we have had in years.
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Did anybody else wonder why Patrick wasn't on ITT last night? Don't we usually see the non-eliminated couple from the dance off in Tuesday's prog? Hope his hand is getting better.

Felt I had to agree with your comment about Aljaz Sid, no he is definitely not DDG, barely even drop dead anything as far as I'm concerned. He can dance, that's the main thing.
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:25 pm

I hadn't missed Patrick oops what does this say? Im sure he will appear Thursday as last Friday he was interviewed during dress rehearsals. Im wondering if his hand is hampering his dance btw what is he dancing this week? Not keen on Riley's VT's just wondering why Lisa? & say not E.rin?
Halloween will it live up to Louis' dance last year?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: It takes Two 2013

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:32 pm

I would prefer to see some of the eliminated Pros doing spots on ITT instead of Lisa Riley - didn't realize it was going to be a regular thing with her! I'm sure we saw more of the eliminated Pros on ITT in the past? James is usually funny - would be nice to hear a bit more from Nathalie Lowe as well, since she can't actually dance in the show.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:08 pm

I've nothing against Lisa and am actually enjoying her broadcasts but in principle I agree.  James is always good value on such broadcasts and I wouldn't mind betting that Robin would be equally good.

I don't know happened with ITT tonight, Pumpkin suits, the studio staff doing the Timewarp...  it comes to something when you think that bringing back Claude might actually restore some sanity to the proceedings.    (I jest, Zoe is great...)
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:22 pm

I do wonder sometimes about ITT so little time given to The Friday Night Panel & Eliminated couples yet lots of time for silly pranks/fill in slots.Id love to have Robin do a VT in the costume workshop over a week following the creation of two outfits from start to finish. James to spend a day with the band & lets meet the singers! Natalie to VT the make up room & canteen!
More of Eliminated pro's less Riley thank you
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Way too much filler tonight! Why not skip the Time Warp & the silly wedding dance (lovely couple, happy for them, but I'm not remotely interested in seeing them learn their first dance!) and let Ian talk about training for longer? He's always rushed. We could have a closer, more leisurely look at how the couple's dances are shaping up.

Sorry for sounding like a broken record but I I love you  Sophie & B.rendan! They gave a lovely, honest interview tonight I thought. The problem is Sophie's quite introverted. She can do understated and sophisticated and quirky but not so much sensual or 'fun'. If they could somehow get her to project and perform more in the Latin dances, then they stand a chance because I feel they have the 'personalities' to win votes. See how the Jive goes but if it's too restrained then I think B.rendan should maybe consider bringing in an acting coach.....like Camilla did for Gethin who also struggled to let go. Although maybe the fact she's assuming a character for Hallow'een will do the trick and allow Soph to 'perform' more.

Dave & Karen - their dances and interviews are like deja vu. Please let this be their last week.....the good news is Rachel's AS doesn't look terrible.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:42 pm

I found it hard to concentrate on the training clips tonight - I kept being distracted by Ian's outfit Shocked 

Thought Brendan and Sophie were great - I'm really enjoying their partnership.  She definitely needs to "let go" more.  And also ignore all those critical voices in her head - take account of the improvement needed but don't dwell on the negativity Sophie.

I agree that Dave is well past his sell by date BUT my husband thinks his dancing is hilarious.  So husband is more than happy to watch while Dave is there Laughing
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:29 pm

I agree with you Sid about Sophie - I think it is a very interesting partnership and she has terrific potential but needs to 'feel' the latin a lot more - I thought the VT of the training for the Jive looked good as long as she generates some energy into it this week - she did this with the Charleston so hopefully the Jive should be perfect for her to 'let go' a bit.

I thought all the couples looked promising in the training VTs - except Ben, but I think they were just walking it through ( hope so!).  Mark also looked like the routine needed work to get the 'sharpness' and shapes of the Paso.  Fiona looked very comfortable and in sync with A nton in their Charleston - I don't want her to go out just yet as she is better than Rachel and Ben IMO and just seems to be cracking the confidence thing, but I fear she could be in the firing line soon,( just in the process of elimination)  if Dave isn't hoofed out and I am assuming that for Hallowe'en week he will still be saved -    I love 'Monster Mash' but I cannot imagine anything approaching the Jive being danced to it!!!!!

I thought that Rachel didn't look bad but didn't look over good either - billed as an American Smooth it sounds like a Viennese waltz with lifts - but hopefully Pasha has kept it simpler for her.  

I hope that Patrick will make the most of his reprieve and that we will see a big improvement this week - Out of the male celebs someone needs to challenge Ashley!

Last edited by mauveangel09 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top