It Takes Two 2013

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: It Takes Two 2013

Post  Sid on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:53 am

One day they'll invent smellnet and we could just have a sniff of Mr T on here Razz 
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:42 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote: I don't know Aqua Velva aftershave though....
Aqua Velva is one of those light simple fragrances that dont eliminate the need to have a wash (contra to your Hi Katate and Brut etc that every sports bag used to carry) or need to be sprayed on like painting a fence a la the fashion set by Tom Jones and Englebert Humperdink. . It's been going longer than me (and that's a long time, believe me). Despite its delightful aroma, it will be absolutely useless as a Christmas present because it doesn't cost the earth and isn't made by Kalvin Klein, Coco Channel or other such urban highwaymen. Buy it for someone and you will immediately be labelled an uncaring cheapskate. Despite that, I love it and always have.

Johnsons' Lavender wax was what my mother used to polish the oilcloth with (along with Cardinal Red polish on the front doorstep) The delightful smell of it is beyond description, especially with a background of the roast lamb joint cooking in the oven. I lived in interesting times. .lol! 
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:09 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Johnsons' Lavender wax was what my mother used to polish the oilcloth with (along with Cardinal Red polish on the front doorstep) The delightful smell of it is beyond description, especially with a background of the roast lamb joint cooking in the oven. I lived in interesting times. .lol!   
I remember my gran using it. Not entirely sure what for - I thought it was for the furniture, but I could be wrong... The smell is very evocative.....
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:54 pm

I recall my nan had a tin if polish looked pink to me thou.She would dab a cloth in it & do tiled floors & step & hearth.Not sre if its the same but it was pleasant thou.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Can't wait to see if C.raig and Ms Hardy are of the same opinion about the dances this week.
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:55 pm

It wiil be interesting to hear Ms Hardy's comments & C.raig's to see if they agree or are poles apart! Plus I would like to hear why C.raig got out his first ten for Abbey's dance!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: It takes Two 2013

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:17 pm

Yes - the comments will be most interesting this week Sax - I fully expect Karen not to agree with CRH on a few points.

I was thinking of something tonight and it tuned in to a comment that Rufus Hound made - he remarked on how knowledgeable the GBP had become about dancing -and after all the outrage about the judges marks this week, wouldn't it be funny if the GBP started to vote on dance ability as opposed to the judges voting on whether they ' liked it or not' - Heavens - what a turn about that would be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:47 am

Yes Mauve I think its come full circle the viewers are the judges & the judges are the public almost.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:07 pm

C.raig advised he hovered until the last step over his 10 paddle! Im still not convinced its a forty dance Ive rewatched it a few times now.Energetic,fun,bubbly yes possibly 9's! Lovely to see Mark & hear his praise for ITT & Zoe! He also advised with his knees he danced for ten minutes then rested because of his knees.I think for the last two weeks Mark had a lot of pain on his knees but good on him for not playing a medical card.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:38 pm

C.raig was not convincing at all. And it was a big mistake for Zoe to remind us that Abbey's Salsa scored the same as Ramps. Now HE could Salsa! But some skirt-swishing and a few disco moves do not a Salsa maketh.

Also, part of the challenge of these dances is for two people, and two people alone, to create the energy and atmosphere needed for a dance. Inviting lots of supporting dancers on for practically the whole routine is cheating in my eyes.

Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Sid wrote: And it was a big mistake for Zoe to remind us that Abbey's Salsa scored the same as Ramps. Now HE could Salsa!
I could understand additional dancers in Blackpool to help fill out that large floor space but what with props like Mary Berry's confectionary, the supporting dancers and steady cam man, the only dance they'll need soon is 'sardines'.

I choked on me cuppa when Zoe mentioned Ramps in the same breath as Abby. I love you Zoe but you need to go wash your mouth out.

I shall miss Mark even though it was his time. Not sure why he doesn't have his keyhole surgery on his knees before Christmas before he goes on tour. Like sax, I think Mark's a star for not playing the medical card. He had dancing legs like 'tin man', the energy of Toto, and the heart of the lion.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:14 pm

B4p wrote:I could understand additional dancers in Blackpool to help fill out that large floor space but what with props like Mary Berry's confectionary, the supporting dancers and steady cam man, the only dance they'll need soon is 'sardines'.

I choked on me cuppa when Zoe mentioned Ramps in the same breath as Abby. I love you Zoe but you need to go wash your mouth out.

I shall miss Mark even though it was his time. Not sure why he doesn't have his keyhole surgery on his knees before Christmas before he goes on tour. Like sax, I think Mark's a star for not playing the medical card. He had dancing legs like 'tin man', the energy of Toto, and the heart of the lion.
Aww that's a lovely line B4 Smile Mark & Iveta were a star couple.

And yes, I didn't mind a few extra dancers at Blackpool, but I hope it's not something we see creeping into the regular shows more and more. Props are bad enough!
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:29 am

B4P - I was thinking about that but I think it's probably the recovery time. When I had keyhole surgery on my knees to mend torn cartilage (same issue as Mark, except in only one knee for me), I was told minimum 8 weeks before dancing. Actually it was longer before I could do. I know Phil Tuffnel quietly underwent the same surgery during his Strictly run and danced the next week, but I would hardly imagine Drs would encourage this under normal circumstances. If he is managing to dance with his braces and resting/physio and is determined to make the tour, I suppose it's best to wait until after so as to allow a full recovery without pressure to start dancing again.
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Mark I hope has a rest & then has his knees done.As for the tour if his Dr's agree I would love to see him on the tour. I wonder if Dave/Deborah have been asked? Its amazing thou each year on the tour the judges WANT the entertainer celeb to join & stay the whole time!
I recal Phil having a quiet op on his knee but unsure if a new knee or steroid injections? Im even more suspicious re Nat's bulging disc & week off after her trapeze appearence & lots of lifts! I know personally re bulging discs & it would have been the last thing Id want to do or felt I could.Bulging discs can pop out a few times! A small op can be done to shave off the bulged disc but still a few weeks off & no acrobatics! So why risk your spine for a trophy? & was it really that bad?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi Sax - Deborah, Mark, Ben, Susanna, Abbey, Natalie & Nicky Byrne are doing the tour x
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Thanks Sid!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi Littlebear

Yes, that makes sense to allow that length of rest period. No point having your knees fixed then buggering them up doing the jive!

It was good to hear Karen on ITT tonight asking where Sophie's 10 was. Looking forward to seeing Ashley's Salsa.

The Pro challenge re The Drunken Sailor steps will be interesting. They are all SO competitive, especially Janet Jordan and Brenda (n)
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:39 pm

Yes I'm glad Karen stuck up for Sophie but she was too uncritical tonight. Too gushy about everything and everyone. Sophie's head placement was minor but noticeable enough to take a mark off. And the defence of Abbey's 'Salsa' sounded feeble: "I thought it was too disco the first time but then I watched it again and...." - Karen's a pro, she'd have spotted straight away if the dance had enough Salsa. But even if it did, what about the execution? We've seen better.

I love the Pro Challenge. And I love Iveta Smile
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Perhaps Karen's script hadn't been vetted by the producers & they advised no criticisim at all re the forty mark! After all they reminded her we pay your wages the viwers pay ours but we don't give a monkey re the public!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Sophie seemed very enthusiastic about her Tango which gives me a glimmer of hope. Her performances are always more convincing when she's into the dance and music - she's no good at faking it. I still think Material Girl's a strange Tango song but maybe she and Brendan will make it work.

No one looked bad in training but Natalie & Artem easily look the best.

Why are the pros not wearing their dancing shoes in the pro challenge?!

Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:21 pm

I'm hoping Sophie kills the AT, and Brendan seems very positive about it. I said earlier in the week that I think Natalie's paso will be the dance of the night. After watching her in training I'm sure of it. Her dancing looks spectacular, but her acting talents will make this something special. Susanna too seems very confident and Patrick looks in good shape. In an article I read, only Ashley seems really nervous right now. This weeks d-o could really produce surprises but in reality there are no scapegoats left. All about merit now, or at least we hope so. Wink 
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:34 pm

No idea Sid its strange & Aliona said she should have worn heels.It defeats the object when the pro's do not wear their professional shoes for a dance event. & then the celebs cannot be moaned at for not practising in their latin shoes
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Friday's ITT well the little taster of Ashley & O.la left me lukewarn! O.la moved Ashley just stood.Love A.nton with his all this space on the sofa! A.nton's challenge attempt at the challenge seemed polished loved his eager face! & the score is 72 with 5 disqualifications whoohooo. We don't need to see them oh A.nton lol he said this happened when Im on my own!!
The FNP Steven,Heidi & Russell omg why.Why the cushion clasping? Heidi misses Julian oh lord.Over the top "I want love!" Steven with the head moves to B.runo.Agree re Steven advising Patrick doesn't give him the urge to vote.FNP feel Sophie has to believe the music thou ewwww agree re low marks.Then darn phone went!
So there is my ITT night
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:42 pm

Yer know what..?  That Steven Fella was getting on my nerves. Yer know what..? I don't think any of them knew what they were talking about is what. There was a strong odour of caca de toros in the air. Yer know what..? Friday panel? Pah,  dismissable. You really missed nothing Sax.

Housewives choice's feet were really flying in the steps challenge. Quite remarkable.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Re: It takes Two 2013

Post  mauveangel09 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi everyone

I actually thought the Friday Night Panel was quite good tonight in that they actually did give their own views properly - good or bad - without all the fawning of recent weeks. I wouldn't mind seeing these three on again, at least they didn't talk over each other and they struck me as real fans.

On the drunken sailor step - we used to do this step a lot in tap and and it works better if you are anchored down into the floor and make the minimum of movement from the knees up - rather like A nton was doing it. I don't think the pro girls have been very good at it at all - Iveta was doing the wrong step and A liona was too up on her toes. Quite an insight really............. I do like this pro challenge. It is quite interesting that the two more 'mature' males in the celeb fold are at the top of the leaderboard on this one - interesting?

I liked seeing J ames tonight - I think he is good at the interview stuff and he has been very absent from ITT this year - what do we make of that??

Mr T - I will be in seventh heaven if that paso comes off tomorrow night............ to the most excellent paso track ever!!!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top