It Takes Two 2013

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: It Takes Two 2013

Post  jingle on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi Sax:D  Hope you had a great holiday!

I really enjoyed tonights show - anticipation mounting for Blackpool now. Thought Jason was really funny pulling faces in the joke photo thing - also enjoyed James' interviews. Great to have an informed FNP too.

A wee bit wary of the 'fun' props, especially the giant bucket and spade - time will tell...
jingle

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2013

Post  Poppetlovestango on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi Sax
Good to see you back glad you enjoyed your time away
It was a really good panel tonight and I got the feeling that they
were interested in all that was to come tomorrow.
What did Natalie have on her head in their training clip? I too
am unsure re the 'free week' Rolling Eyes
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Loved James' behind the scenes VT & Jason's face pulling in photo shoot.Everyone gets excited regarding Blackpool pro dancers,judges,celebs & the viewers! Is that a tiny HINT BBC bring back Come Dancing based at Blackpool!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

It TAkes Two 2013

Post  mauveangel09 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Blast - I missed ITT tonight as my hubby was watching F1 practice sessions ahead of the US race - I find it difficult to watch ITT on catch up - it always seems to be very much 'of the moment'.............but..............turned off the recording back onto live TV and WOW WOW WOW - my all time ice skating idols - Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean dancing with James and Aliona on the SCD floor!!! Bizarre but beautiful - never thought I would see the day - hugely enjoyable!!!!!Very Happy 

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:22 pm

They were very impressive, weren't they Mauve?
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Re: It takes Two 2013

Post  mauveangel09 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Enjoyed listening to CRH on ITT tonight - fair play to the man for not giving out the '10s' - I agree with him wholeheartedly. I did think he was mean to Sophie but remember now that he also gave Abby a '7' so it evened out a bit I suppose but still a bit too low - I also agreed with his comments about Patrick and about saving Fiona. I really hope that the other judges temper their marks a bit from now on as it will just get silly and not very exciting - perhaps if the others had not been so over the top we wouldn't have felt so aggrieved about the '7's.

Looking at some of the clips again I did notice that Susanna had her mouth open a lot of the time!

Loved Sophie and Brendan on ITT tonight - they are a great couple!

Watching Fiona's 'best bits' tonight I was struck with how the Blackpool ballroom completely overwhelmed her. I think her best dance by far was the quickstep with a lovely costume as well - one of the nicest in the series!! Great contestant who clearly enjoyed herself and had a decent run.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:50 pm

I felt C.raig gave a fair account re his mark of 7! He was horrified looking at the rest holding tens!He advised why he voted to save Fiona as more dance content in their routine. The only comment that made my jaw drop was Suzanna I feel isn't capable of a 10!!! We shall see.
one interesting fact I do in the opening credits I add up how many even number couples are in the competion still against the odd He is. And we obey him..This series 6 odd He is. And we obey him. have gone & 1 even number have gone.Usually the odd He is. And we obey him. tumble before the finals
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:05 pm

It was a good ITT. I'd happily go for afternoon tea with Sophie, she seems like good company Smile Also, a friend of mine was at a gay club in Blackpool at the weekend. Sophie came down from the Strictly cast & crew area to join the clubbers and treated them to a performance of Murder On The Dancefloor. Said she was fab! Don't know about a Rhumba though. To me, B.rendan sounded more optimistic and enthusiastic about it than Sophie looked lol

I was a bit surprised when C.raig said Susanna could never be a 10 dancer. I wonder if he meant it or whether he was being deliberately provocative just to generate a bit of outrage. Or was he setting up a "Will Susanna convince C.raig she's worthy of a 10?" storyline going into the final....who knows!
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Well tonight's show was even better!

Pasha & Janette's Cha Cha class was fantastic! Glad they've been using Janette lots on ITT since she got eliminated as it gives us a chance to get to know her and she's adorable and good fun.

Mark came across really well. He must be in considerable pain all the time and has soldiered on magnificently. He's savoured every moment of his Strictly experience you can tell. And Iveta's a hoot.

Appreciated Karen's honesty about some of the scoring on Saturday as well.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:27 am

Haven't seen ITT from last night yet. Here in Scotland we had football instead, with ITT not on until about 23.20. At least they did decide to show it. Several years ago we were treated to a Gaelic programme on Thursday nights, with no later showing of ITT. For some reason Thursday night always had the best guests and we missed it!! At least BBC eventually listened to viewers.
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:04 am

I'm loving Iveta's sense of humour.

"What are you going to do this week to ensure Mark stays in the competition?"

"Let him dance without a shirt!"

Hilarious.
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:15 am

Iveta's personality is shining through & Ive really warmed to her
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Weird to hear Artem advising you should only get. 10 on SCD for an exceptional dance not if it has any errors in it.He felt their routine had some errors & then he asked Natalie was it worth a ten!& she said no too.So are the pro's giving the judges feedback?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Almost choked on my biryani when Kristina claimed Ben deserved even more points for his American Smooth.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:41 am

Biryani yum yum!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: It takes two 2013

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Are the J ordans going to talk themselves out of SCD? First of all J ames's tweet about the Karen/O la thing a few weeks ago and now O la coming out openly with the fact about the producers choice of the themes and then the pros being slated by the judges for such things................don't think I've ever seen O la being so serious? They will surely get their wrists slapped at the least........................

I'm finding it annoying that the time for the Friday panel is being squeezed every week - I think you said this a few weeks ago Sax. It is so hurried and the comments are always really interesting.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Can't help wondering if the Jordans feel their days are numbered on Strictly, especially with the introduction of two new couples?
Although the tweeting business wasn't one of James' better ideas, I was very glad when O.la spoke out about the producers' role. Didn't come as a surprise, but it does make you wonder how much is pre-planned.

So agree with you mauve and Sax about the Friday panel. Grrr...wasting time on clips of a dog choosing a cardboard cut-out, when there's three interesting people on the sofa. I would've like to hear more from Vernon in particular.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:05 pm

jingle wrote:Can't help wondering if the Jordans feel their days are numbered on Strictly, especially with the introduction of two new couples?
Although the tweeting business wasn't one of James' better ideas, I was very glad when O.la spoke out about the producers' role. Didn't come as a surprise, but it does make you wonder how much is pre-planned.
I was wondering if V.incent and F.lavia want to come back next year will J.ames and O.la be the ones to go?

According to I.veta the producers gave her and Mark certain themes and music. I think she said it the week they did Spaceman.
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Too little time for good parts ie TFNP and loads of time for silly things.Please get ITT sorted. now & return oir favourite sections
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:58 pm

I thought Ben said it as it is-He was on borrowed time it was either this week or next week! After all its a dance competition. I thought Kristinia had croc tears but why? For herself because she felt Ben's popularity would see her through? Suzanna bless still comes across as lovely.
C.raig advised he liked Ben's dance & lots of content & took on C.raig's advice re the notes.He also said his scoring hadn't changed this series (a note re the overmarking cimments!?) C.raig feels Mark reached a plateau & I feel its right.Brendan's Rhumba comment yes the Rhumba shouldn't be senserous but he felt no connection between Sophie & Brendan-Sophie is stiff I agree
The was it a lift gate? goes on the slow camera showed foot stayed on the ground but hey a national apology may po out!
Zoe has really matured & made ITT her own show now oops does that mean its curtains?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Does anyone else think that Cr aig's face looks a bit more youthful lately?
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 pm

I wondered if he had had a chemical face peel? He seems to be fresh faced & shiny! Although Im sure he moistorises well each day.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:34 am

C.raig's face has been looking 'different' to me for a while now....so does A.nton's?! And Robins had something done as well hasn't he? His eyebrow looks funny!

Onto C.raig's comments tonight and I believe Sophie gets the dances and their different moods but isn't expressing that outwardly as much as she could/should in order to win over the judges. It's inhibition rather than a lack of feeling and understanding that's holding her back slightly in my opinion. That said, the subtlety of the Rhumba was what I liked about it. I was left wanting more - but in a good way. However, that sort of approach doesn't work so well with other dances like the Cha Cha (although Susanna took it to the other extreme in her Cha Cha and gave way too much!). I don't get 'cold' from Sophie like C.raig implied. I've warmed to her far more than I thought I would. I do see someone who is slightly introverted and self-conscious about expressing certain emotions (and she does have to overcome that more) - but not a cold, unfeeling person. I also think Sophie and Brendan have a good understanding of each other. They get each other. And I wouldn't have them partnered with anyone else (and I don't think they would either).

Turning to the departed couple and I liked Ben's philosophical attitude whereas Kristina was giving the impression that some great travesty had occurred (she must have known deep down that Ben's scores were more than reasonable?). Anyway, Ben Cohen, thoroughly nice guy, who should be very proud of what he accomplished (I'd forgotten about his hearing impairment until it came up again tonight - what a huge challenge that must have been to contend with). Plus, he's used Strictly to raise awareness about some very worthy causes. Have to applaud him for that.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:24 am

Yes agree with you Sid about Ben.He did bring awareness to his good causes & also how well he coped with his hearing impairment.He advised Saturday was the first time he heard the music & didn't have to rely on Kristina for timing.Not once did he bang on about this hampering him (unlike another contestant) I for one thoroughly respect him & wish him well.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Sid wrote: the subtlety of the Rhumba was what I liked about it. I was left wanting more - but in a good way.
To me it almost seemed balletic, and is how I would imagine Darcy would dance a Rhumba.

An ton's hair is peculiar this year. His receding hairline is competing with Janet Jordans and his choice of hair colour was certainly 'not worth it'.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top