It Takes Two 2013

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: It Takes Two 2013

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:16 am

The Monster Mash v The Jive v Dave = Disaster on the dance floor! Last night I felt Karen almost a limpet hanging onto Dave so much.I do worry that Karen has turned into playing fun fun dance only with Dave instead of basic steps get right at least. Janette I wanted her to stop fawning over the judges & at least disagree with their comments on ITT! Stand up for your celeb. I feel this week Dave could be in the DO & Patrick/Rachel ominously precarious coyld join him.Dave surviving to Halloween & going out then would be a high for him.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:01 am

saxonsiren wrote:The Monster Mash v The Jive v Dave = Disaster on the dance floor! Last night I felt Karen almost a limpet hanging onto Dave so much.I do worry that Karen has turned into playing fun fun dance only with Dave instead of basic steps get right at least. Janette I wanted her to stop fawning over the judges & at least disagree with their comments on ITT! Stand up for your celeb. I feel this week Dave could be in the DO & Patrick/Rachel ominously precarious coyld join him.Dave surviving to Halloween & going out then would be a high for him.
I wish Dave was gone now but I think he'll be around for a few more weeks yet. He has yet to be in the dance-off so evidently he is popular with fans for his comedy routine. Patrick was in the dance-off last week and Rachel in it the week before so logic dictates that even if they dance their best and perform like Gingers Rogers or Fred Astaire they will again be in the dance off. Fiona is also in peril before Dave...sadly.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:27 pm

Wallflower - we'll let Mr Wall off! Razz 

mauve - I think the Charleston will finally be Fiona's dance and goofy A.nton will be in his element!

Been racking my brain about who danced to The Monster Mash previously....it was Robin & Patsy's Hallow'een Jive.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:42 pm

Really disappointed in the music for Susanna and Kevin's Charleston - it could be a great dance but I don't think the music is going to do them any favours Crying or Very sad 
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:33 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Really disappointed in the music for Susanna and Kevin's Charleston - it could be a great dance but I don't think the music is going to do them any favours Crying or Very sad 
It's pants. Also, I hope Susanna & Kev don't ham it up too, too much.

I did enjoy them on ITT tonight though. I always do. However, I feel like they need to tone down the acting in their performances a bit and finesse their dane moves (although Charleston week is not going to be the week for that!).
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm very much liking the look of Fiona's Charleston this week, of the two Charlestons it wouldn't surprise me if this one came out on top.

What else?  Slightly worried about Mark and Iveta but they always seem to get their act together when it matters.   Abby was on good form tonight and I think she'll feature very near the top on Saturday. Dave doing the jive (sorry, I'm laughing already)...
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:30 pm

Just caught up with ITT and I liked Fiona's Charleston but I am still worried she will forget the steps. I just didn't get the music choice for Susanna and K.evin.

For me Abby just edged it over Natalie but that could all change with a couple of days to polish it up.
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:54 am

The only music choice I feel suits this week is Stay by Shakespere Sister I love the song & different tempo's. Suzanna & Kevin awful music hopefully it will be ok on the night
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:08 pm

The reason for Patrick not appearing on ITT until Friday had been due to busy schedules! Im sure previous celebs managed to appear on the Tuesday if they had survived the DO! Patrick seemed to have a que sera sera cavalier attitude towards the judges/scores.Will it be his doom! Donna Air didn't add too much to FNP & so thin!

saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: It takes Two 2013

Post  mauveangel09 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:29 pm

I missed Patrick Sax - I thought that Jamie Theakston was right to express concerns about Mark and Iveta - The music is so wrong! but he was shouted down by the others. I suppose that if anyone can wring anything out of a routine then it is Mark. I thought that Michael Ball was diplomatic about Ashley in saying that he needed to sort of shape up and give it some attack. I like Ashley and I hope he doesn't 'fizzle out' (sort of think this is a possibility with him) but I think he has had a pretty easy ride of it so far as none of the other men have challenged him and I think he needs to get a bit more precise and polished (less 'loose') so I think that the Tango will be a chance for him to nail it (or not, as the case may be) and one to watch. closely.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Jamie usually has good comments to make its a shame he got shouted down. Mark may have a dodgy music choice for his dance this week every celeb has one during SCD! Im sure he will make the most of it.
Ashley puzzles me sometimes showing glimpses of a dancer & other times its all a collection of limbs! Ben seems to have slid under the radar for a few weeks & I feel we have the best yet to see.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:04 pm

K.aren Hardy really rated Susanna's Charleston didn't she? I did enjoy it but wasn't wowed. Maybe it was better than I gave it credit for. I may have to take a second look at it. I'm glad Karen stuck up for Mark - I also remember thinking at the time that there was plenty of Paso going on and a valiant attempt by Mark at making the distinct shapes. Actually, I thought it was as good as Ben's whose shaping looked rather weak to me.

I thought Artem's defence of his "Viennese Waltz" was a bit feeble really. I don't believe you do have to make a choice between story-telling and relevant content. I think the challenge is to achieve a balance (which he didn't). Some people say the endless spinning of a VW is boring, but I remember watching Scott & Natalie's, also on Halloween, and being anything but bored. And it was mostly in hold. So it's entirely possible.

Aliona would have had been crucified if she'd choreographed that VW for one of her partners and got two 10s for it.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Sid wrote:K.aren Hardy really rated Susanna's Charleston didn't she? I did enjoy it but wasn't wowed. Maybe it was better than I gave it credit for. I may have to take a second look at it. I'm glad Karen stuck up for Mark - I also remember thinking at the time that there was plenty of Paso going on and a valiant attempt by Mark at making the distinct shapes. Actually, I thought it was as good as Ben's whose shaping looked rather weak to me.

I thought Artem's defence of his "Viennese Waltz" was a bit feeble really. I don't believe you do have to make a choice between story-telling and relevant content. I think the challenge is to achieve a balance (which he didn't). Some people say the endless spinning of a VW is boring, but I remember watching Scott & Natalie's, also on Halloween, and being anything but bored. And it was mostly in hold. So it's entirely possible.

Aliona would have had been crucified if she'd choreographed that VW for one of her partners and got two 10s for it.
Sid - I totally agree about A rtem - (and A liona) I don't see why you can't story-tell and do the dance that you have been given - the routine could have had just a bit more balance between in and out of hold and it would have been fine - as it was, it tipped over into not being a VW for me - and it seems lots of others felt that way. I know that A rtem likes to push the boundaries but sometimes it comes across as indulgence - I think he needs to remember that he is operating within the ballroom/latin world and not that of ballet/contemporary. I'm glad that K aren Hardy also felt the same way. Mind you - I don't think I have ever heard A rtem speak so much in one go!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't like Mark and Iveta's routine at all but I did enjoy Susanna's Charleston - although I agree that it wasn't particularly a stand out dance for me.

I have to say that I didn't notice the quite serious gapping in Patrick and Anya's dance until I saw it played back on ITT - I also noted K aren's slightly barbed comment about the fact that this was a basic that he should have been learning in the first few weeks - it is not the first time she has said this about Anya and Patrick.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:22 pm

Has Artem's broken nose freed his tongue? He spoke more tonight than in the last series and this one combined. I wonder how chatty he is in the training room? How does he describe his creative visions to his celebs? Does he get frustrated when they either can't visualise it or carry it to fruition?

When I think of Aliona, I think of the Crusades with Aliona stuck in no-mans land.  Even if she dressed as a ghost in a burkha on Halloween,  L en would still find a reason to crucify her rather than pickle his walnuts.

I wander if some of the gapping was to protect Patrick's injuries?

I had vision's of Br uce  having eyes on his chin when Karen was talking about Ashley's head position. I'm surprised he knows how to stand up when he's filming all day, training late at night, learning his lines (in acting or dancing) and trying to sleep with a new baby in the house.

I thought the other year, that the dancers were payed on a sliding scale dependant on how long they stayed in. Has the system changed to a standard payment this year?
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi B4 - What made you ask about the celeb's fees? Have you read something?

I was never really a fan of Aliona's choreography. I felt she was the first to try and get away with as few steps as possible in routines. I recall her and Harry's Tango was very thing on content! But I agree, she faced more of a backlash than Artem does for doing the same thing really.

mauveangel09 wrote:I have to say that I didn't notice the quite serious gapping in Patrick and Anya's dance until I saw it played back on ITT - I also noted K aren's slightly barbed comment about the fact that this was a basic that he should have been learning in the first few weeks - it is not the first time she has said this about Anya and Patrick.
I didn't realise it was as bad as it was either! Anya really needs to sort it out but with Patrick's grueling filming schedule I'm wondering if they only really have time in the week to get the steps and choreography down - and the technique suffers a bit. Just a theory. Or, as B4 says, Patrick's sprained wrist might have prevented it.

I agree with you mauve about A.rtem indulging himself (I think B.runo & C.raig indulge him a bit too). And he's got form. I guess some see it as innovation whereas I see it a deviating so much from a dance that it becomes almost unrecognisable. That said, I'm glad he's part of the show because he does put together some stunning routines which don't bend the rules! But I don't want to see anymore repeats of what Artem did either from himself or from others who now think they can get away with it. I feel Strictly has already deviated too far from what it was originally as it is.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:42 pm

I think Artem's in a bit of a win win situation at the moment (until it comes to the final). He must surely know that if Natalie landed in the dance off the judges would keep her, regardless of rule breaking. And by getting the occasional scolding by L.en, and having a couple of points deducted, it means they don't appear as teachers pets.

Have to admit, although I was in the 'she's too good to be here' camp at the start, Natalie does come across as a very likeable personality - if Abbey doesn't make it to the final I think I'd probably vote for Natalie.

Bit worried about Mark this week, not sure the rumba will suit Crying or Very sad 

Would be interested in your re-watch of Susanna, Sid (I've deleted my recording) - I thought she was out of synch in several places.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:44 pm

Sid wrote:Hi B4 - What made you ask about the celeb's fees? Have you read something?
Just several folks have commented on other threads how the celebs are getting something like 30,000 regardless of when they get shunted off, so they should put up and shut up kind of thing. Whereas I'm sure they had a sliding scale either last season or the year before.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:47 pm

jingle wrote:Would be interested in your re-watch of Susanna, Sid (I've deleted my recording) - I thought she was out of synch in several places.
I've just re watched it on youtube jingle. She's certainly giving her all performance wise. I hope Mark plays it safe this week. Spatulistic hands will be noted and cut off by the bionic man
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Sid wrote:
I agree with you mauve about A.rtem indulging himself (I think B.runo & C.raig indulge him a bit too). And he's got form. I guess some see it as innovation whereas I see it a deviating so much from a dance that it becomes almost unrecognisable. That said, I'm glad he's part of the show because he does put together some stunning routines which don't bend the rules! But I don't want to see anymore repeats of what Artem did either from himself or from others who now think they can get away with it. I feel Strictly has already deviated too far from what it was originally as it is.
I am glad he is part of the show because he brings something unique and edgy to it and I supported him in the year he and Kara won - but I feel as you do Sid about the bigger picture.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:01 am

jingle wrote:
Have to admit, although I was in the 'she's too good to be here' camp at the start,  Natalie does come across as a very likeable personality - if Abbey doesn't make it to the final I think I'd probably vote for Natalie.

Bit worried about Mark this week, not sure the rumba will suit Crying or Very sad 

Would be interested in your re-watch of Susanna, Sid (I've deleted my recording) - I thought she was out of synch in several places.
Rewatched it Jingle and I love Susanna's energy and spirit, and I thought the timing and synchronisation were OK but found the lift-work a bit ungainly and some of the dancing a bit on the clumpy side. Reminded me a little of Pamela Stephenson's Charleston. Also, I'm left wondering what a cowboy/cowgirl theme has to do with Halloween?!

I'm a bit torn on the dance experience front but I really like Natalie as well.

And yes I feel the Rhumba may be Mark's last dance Sad It's a shame he didn't get a Ballroom to do after his Paso.

B4p wrote:Just several folks have commented on other threads how the celebs are getting something like 30,000 regardless of when they get shunted off, so they should put up and shut up kind of thing. Whereas I'm sure they had a sliding scale either last season or the year before.
Oh I see.

Yes you're right, I think I remember they did change the way celebrities were paid last year so that the further they went, the more they got. No idea if that's still the case though.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:20 am

Sid wrote: Also, I'm left wondering what a cowboy/cowgirl theme has to do with Halloween?!
I thought it was like Michael Jackson in Thriller where you had a werewolf and his girlfriend?
B4p

Back to top Go down

Re: It takes Two 2013

Post  mauveangel09 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Good comments from C raig tonight on ITT - particularly about Ben and about Charlestons in general - very difficult to compare like with like in this dance.

Good to hear that Nathalie will probably be back for Blackpool. Dave and Karen waved goodbye in suitable style.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:12 pm

B4p wrote:Just several folks have commented on other threads how the celebs are getting something like 30,000 regardless of when they get shunted off, so they should put up and shut up kind of thing. Whereas I'm sure they had a sliding scale either last season or the year before.
I don't know about other celebs but Jamelia was on a TV a few weeks ago and said she has been asked to take part a few times. When she was asked what did they offer her she said, it was enough to buy a house. I suppose how much depends on where you live.
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:50 am

Im sure some celebs cost more than others! I wonder if the BBC budget for a few top names then the rest are "essentials/budget buys?" Jerry Hall must have been lured with a big fee & maybe ex Eastenders/Hollyoaks/I stood in the background stars are the bread n butter paid!?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Loved the FNP this week Jodie,Ana good comments & Jason for being a bit whimsical at times! Good to hear both the girls loved Abby & Alijaz's chemistry together. Natalie in training looked ok still unsure re the "free ticket" week? Love Frank Sinatra choice for Fiona to dance to.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top