Judges 2013

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Judges 2013

Post  Littlebear on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:12 pm

I avoid GAs like the plague - would rather have a local or epidural any time. My FiL had both his ankle and his hip op done under epidural. They do all sorts under epidural now. Remember the patient is sedated so it's almost like being asleep, just much much less risky and a faster recovery. Anyway, I am quite sure CRH will have found a good surgeon.
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:12 pm

HI Littlebear
I'm sure you're right. My idea of sedation, wasn't quite the same as my surgeons. For me, you can't beat a good gasman. As you say, I agree that Cr aig will have a top orthopod lined up.

I'm guessing he's used to having his leg round the back of his ears, so for him it'll be nothing new to see it go sailing up, up and away.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:33 am

I do hope he points his toes! Most operations now by epidural! Trouble is the sedative tends to have little effect on me! I think I need horse tranqualiser! Good Orthopedic surgeons round the country & a lot in the NHS.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:16 pm

The Radio Times mentions that Cr aig expects to be in hospital for 4 days and out by Friday.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Good luck to Cr aig queen  
who probably has his hip replacement today. Speedy recovery. Go get 'em Robo cop
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Hope it all goes well for C.raig! Maybe on ITT will update us tonight
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:43 pm

The early weeks marking so far resembles week 9 marks!When the judges start nit picking finer details ie footwork,posture,finish how can they justify marks plunging from a 9 to say 6/7? It doesn't make sense overmarking now.Every year the judges have favourites last year Lisa Riley overmarked & hardly any negative comments.Each contestant needs a fair mark & feedback not blatant favouritisim.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Yes - I agree very inconsistent so far this year. Whilst there are some excellent couples at the top, I don't believe the overall standard is any higher at this stage than many other years - in fact less so compared with last year. I think only C raig brings realism to the judging sometimes - albeit with insults and 'c raigisms' but even he has his favourites and I was cross with him last year over Lisa Riley. I think the judges are inflating the standard this year by giving high marks so early. L en seems a lot more unpredictable and inconsistent than he used to be. I liked it when he at least upheld ballroom/latin standards/rules. He did mention last night that A rtem and Nathalie spent a lot of time out of hold, but it was half-hearted, couples don't seem to be penalised anymore for transgressing 'rules' unless it suits the judges to do so. Another thing I have noticed this year is that sometimes the marks do not reflect the comments. On the whole most of the comments do seem fair/constructive this year but then a strange mark is given that to me has not been reflected or explained in the comments.

I wonder whether they will get half way through the then 'go tough' and crack down on their scores - I think they are going to have to do this otherwise we will be seeing rows of '10's and not much excitement in the latter part of the Contest.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Really, any 8s for what Ben and Mark did this weekend was preposterous.

Ben's coming along nicely and Mark was hugely entertaining but for the judges to suggest their level of dancing was in the same league as the Natalies/Sophies/Abbeys/Ashleys/Patricks of the competition is absurd!

As it is I think the judges have been reaching for 8 and 9 paddles too early for almost everybody (bar Nat).

Wish they were allowed half marks!
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:44 pm

I have wanted a 0:5 point system for the last few SCD series. It would stop couples being on the same points already this series three couples on same points then another two couples tied. It would make a difference withe public votes added. Also the 0.5 would make the judges score more consistent.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:21 am

Observation: Just watched Austin Healey's jive on Youtube......He did it in the 3rd week and was rewarded with 34 points. His waltz in the first week earned 32. Now, admittedly, aside from Scott Maslin, I can't remember any men who have done a jive with such wonderful kicks and flicks BUT it was only the third week and the marks were high. This is not a new thing. I reckon that Sophie and Natalie have earned their marks, although I am confused by some of the marking.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:46 am

I do recall that happening Hatlady & then the judges later started marking more harshly. Sophie & Natalie had high scores previous week for excellent dances.I am more confused regarding the higher marks for the middle couples so early on.

saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Erratic marking by the judges so far & even stranger decisions in the dance off. I thought they all saved the wrong couple tonight. Until Dave in the DO chosen by the GBP the judges will save their personal choices.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:17 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Erratic marking by the judges so far & even stranger decisions in the dance off. I thought they all saved the wrong couple tonight. Until Dave in the DO chosen by the GBP the judges will save their personal choices.
I don't see tonight as any clear errors by the judges. Both couples in the dance-off danced well but was more content in Patrick's dance with too much faffing with a table perhaps costing Deborah. Also I would say Patrick has been more consistent throughout the series and my mind goes back to Deborah's awful Jive last week. Still she should never have gone tonight.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:05 am

Yes CC Patrick has had some good weeks however the DO is supposed to be about the dance on the night not previous weeks performances. I do wonder thou if the judges base their DO vote on these facts rather than on the nights performance especially the favourites!
Deborah I felt yes faffed with the table however I found her dance better than Patricks.I expected least a vote or two for Deborah rather than the clean slate across the judges. Interesting so far in the DO's its been the same unanimous decisions!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:01 am

saxonsiren wrote:Yes CC Patrick has had some good weeks however the DO is supposed to be about the dance on the night not previous weeks performances. I do wonder thou if the judges base their DO vote on these facts rather than on the nights performance especially the favourites!
Deborah I felt yes faffed with the table however I found her dance better than Patricks.I expected least a vote or two for Deborah rather than the clean slate across the judges. Interesting so far in the DO's its been the same unanimous decisions!
I would agree that I thought Deborah would have got at least one vote but perhaps the judges opted to save the celeb who has impressed more and has potential to improve and go further. Just a thought.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:17 am

I agree Patrick should improve more than Deborah thou with his hand injury it could hamper him. It just thou goes to show its not about JUST the dance on the night the judges view previous & the weeks coming up abilities as well.I find this the ironic mockery of the DO system.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:37 am

saxonsiren wrote:I agree Patrick should improve more than Deborah thou with his hand injury it could hamper him. It just thou goes to show its not about JUST the dance on the night the judges view previous & the weeks coming up abilities as well.I find this the ironic mockery of the DO system.
To be honest though it was not visually obvious to me that Deborah danced any better than Patrick and vice versa. The choreography could have just been the clincher.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:53 am

I agree that the dance off should be about the dance off but I have noticed in the past that the judges fall back on looking at overall performance when they get two couples in front of them who both shouldn't be there - I suppose it is human nature. However, for me Patrick hasn't really improved since the first week and has gone under the radar a bit thus far - flat footed every week not that good at ballroom. The latin has been marginally better because he has good hip movement and rhythm - but I thought the dance last night was very 'walky' - his partner showcases herself rather too much. The Casualty votes have undoubtedly kept him in thus far along with some gentle treatment from the judges - but the voters seemed to somewhat desert him this week, if he couldn't even muster the sympathy vote for his injury situation, then this says something doesn't it? May sound harsh but my opinion - He might get a 'sympathy for being in the dance off' vote next week but after that I can't see him being around much longer unless he has a break through dance - I think that they both had potential to do this but he got the call over Deborah for some reason.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:56 am

mauveangel09 wrote: I agree that the dance off should be about the dance off but I have noticed in the past that the judges fall back on looking at overall performance when they get two couples in front of them who both shouldn't be there - I suppose it is human nature.    However, for me Patrick hasn't really improved since the first week and has gone under the radar a bit thus far - flat footed every week not that good at ballroom. The latin has been marginally better because he has good hip movement and rhythm - but I thought the dance last night was very 'walky' - his partner showcases herself rather too much. The Casualty votes have undoubtedly kept him in thus far along with some gentle treatment from the judges - but the voters seemed to somewhat desert him this week, if he couldn't even muster the sympathy vote for his injury situation, then this says something doesn't it?   May sound harsh but my opinion -   He might get a 'sympathy for being in the dance off' vote next week but after that I can't see him being around much longer unless he has a break through dance - I think that they both had potential to do this but he got the call over Deborah for some reason.
Well I cannot blame the judges on this as for me it was too close to call. I blame the GBP for saving Dave and Rachel (who I really had high hopes for in this series).
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:17 am

I think Sax is right that Dave will last at least one more week but to me he doesn't really have the genuine comedic talent that some of the past 'comedy characters' have had on SCD - he just seems to have fallen into this spot as there was no other obvious person except perhaps for Mark, but then Mark has turned out to have comedy talent [b]and[b] be a good dancer which it seems the producers don't always necessarily want. Another reason why Dave might not last as long as others in his boat is that I'm not sure what sort of following that Karen has - as opposed to someone like Housewives choice for example, who people will keep in. - So let's hope that Dave's stay might not be too protracted.

I agree with what you say about Rachel CC - I thought her waltz on the first week was quite good and I was wondering what Pasha had done to get another fit young partner for the third year in a row - however, I think it shows us not to stereotype and assume that the younger contestants will step up to the mark - as we are now seeing - it is definitely not as clear cut on SCD which is why I suppose it continues to keep us all so hooked!!Very Happy 

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Used my free vote for Deborah & paid for Suzanna!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top