SCD Tweetabix

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SCD Tweetabix

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Helen & Alijaz

James J - Legs and feet best by far tonight. Great dance. Wow. She can dance. She needs much more rotation and opposition but that's very advanced. I don't know what to say except everyone is too bloody good.

Camilla - I think Helen is a good dancer. I'm very excited to watch her through the series. She needs to loosen up in hips & legs as over stretched. 8
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:04 am

Excellent as always B4p thank you
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re SCD Tweetabix

Post  Poppetlovestango on Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:39 pm

Thanks B4P
Its good to read other Pro dancers opinions. Very Happy
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 pm

B4p wrote: James Jordan asks - Are there too many trained dancers this year?

I know we always have some true beginners, and others that have had various degrees of previous dance experience, but I agree with James and wonder if the balance of experience is biased away from fresh starters this year.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 pm

Smile Thanks sax and poppet Smile
B4p

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Ghost Judges Comments

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Anita & Gleb

James J - He really likes cleaning the floor. Great opening num her. Nice hips at the beginning and overall brilliant job. Feet and legs a bit dodge but loved it. Technically the hardest Latin dance and with that considering how well done. Needed to be softer through spine.Her weakest dance so far but still good. and lets remember bloody tough dance to learn.

Neil Jones (choreographer) - Did we see the Gleb special in reverse? Great Samba. I actually really enjoyed the Samba, very rhythmical, occasionally some foot work mistakes but nothing major. I think I'm seeing something different from the judges. 8
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:52 pm

Daniel & Kristina

James J - Great opening. He looked good. Frame not bad either. Could have moved much more and a few mistakes but his best dance to date. Right hand needs to be closed too. Footwork a bit dodge but good lifts. I liked it though. Everyone gets nervous. Fact. Even the Pros.

Neil Jones - I know Daniel is really nervous today but I didn't see that at all. Daniel does have great musicality, lifts and frame, just keep working on your shaping within your movements. Daniel definitely has room for improvement.

Camilla - I thought that was elegant, great job.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:00 pm

Kirsty & Brendan

James J - Come on Kirsty. I hope this is your week. Wow she looks great. Oh dear. Bless her. If it was on looks alone she would win the dance, however, really not good. I was willing her but it didn't happen. Bad posture, bad footwork, weak, stumpy, no power, bad shapes. Apart from that she's amazing. Hot hot hot. I'm so sorry because I really like her but...Overmarked for sure.

Neil Jones - Ok it's very easy to see negative points in beginners but let's remember they are beginners and not pro dancers. Kirsty might not have the greatest shaping but she had the passion and emotion for a paso. Just work on the extension of your arm movements for the future.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:08 pm

Georgia & Giovanni

James J - Let's hope Georgia doesn't get undermarked again. Not her best dance but best dance so far tonight. Brilliant. Loses her neck and slight posture issues but wow. This dance was full of content and great feet and precision. Timing and performance amazing. Not less than 8. Maybe the judges have been reading my tweets about under marking her. Well done Georgia. Fully deserved.

Neil Jones - For me this is Georgia's best performance, she is a ballroom girl. I think that was a great quickstep and for the future she needs to be aware of her shoulders. (Giovanni) mate I think they all want your wings.

Camilla - Agreed with the judges. Georgia had all the right elements but she needs to show she is enjoying it. Shoulders still a little high 8/9
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Jeremy & Karen

Neil Jones - I think Jeremy just created his own Gleb special. This is what Strictly is all about. Beginners improving, you are not natural but you are entertaining. On entertainment value I will give Jeremy 6.

James J - Jeremy is what Strictly is all about. Just shows the public don't just want to see great dancing. The people's champion. Need more like him. I understand you will always have some trained dancers but this year just too many. I want to see more Jeremy's. Can't really say much about his dance except 5.

Camilla - For me Jeremy sums up what's so wonderful about dancing. The way he enjoys and comes alive I can't stop smiling when I watch him.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Reading this in between the Rugby massive thanks b4p
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:23 pm

Kellie & Kevin

Neil Jones - After that I just found myself saying ahhh. Calm and graceful. With ballroom the hardest part is with the frame so Kellie just needs to be aware of her right arm but great job. I loved Kellie & Kevin's performance. 8 maybe higher if Kev stripped

James J - Lovely performance. Her left arm still bothers me and still very stiff in her movement. Pivots out of balance a bit too, but good. She is great but she's missing something I can't put my finger on. I know what it is now. It's just a bit clean and predictable. Good dancing can be boring. Flat.

Camilla - That brought a tear to my eye. Kellie is a beautiful dancer. Great hold and footwork and elegant and clean.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:24 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Reading this in between the Rugby massive thanks b4p
Just about to start watching the show via record button!
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Jamelia & Tristan

James J - Great swivel. Where the hell did that come from girl? What an incredible improvement. Well done Tristan mate. That was so much better. She even came across quite likeable. I'm shocked. Only because where she has come from and the improvement. Well deserved guys and one more time well done Tristan. Great job.

Neil Jones - Wow Jamelia. That is a massive difference from previous weeks. I honestly felt she looked like a pro dancer.

Camilla - Best dance Jamelia has done so far in the competition, it really suited her & she looked gorgeous & moved with ease through the moves. 7
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Jay & Aliona

James J - He was my bet to win before I saw him dance. Bad intro. Lots of gapping and didn't move well across the floor as he needs to drive more through the standing leg, and mistakes. He is mazing out of hold but in hold really not good. Tried to be a bit too clever with the choreography. I still predict he will win. Plus hard to top last weeks amazing jive.

Neil Jones - oh no this is really hard for me because I'm a massive fan of Jay but too many mistakes. It's very hard because Jay was amazing last week. His technique is still great but I think the choreography was very difficult.

Camilla - A natural Jay. Shame he got out of sync but he picked it back up. Great top line, difficult routine and fast transitions, good energy.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Carol & Pasha

James J - Great intro! Wow. She actually good. I'm so happy for her and Pasha is the mutts nuts. Again, her best dance by far and the judges are comparing her to fully trained dancers. I really found it entertaining. So pleased for them both.

Neil Jones - Go Carol, I'm proud of you. I agree with L en, you did get into character. This is your best dance so far and I also agree with Cr aug, use your hands because you showed us in your VT you can do it. I would give Carol 6.

Camilla - Carol has definitely improved. So much more in character.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Ainsley & Natalie

James Jordan - He's also one of my favourites to watch. Although the ballroom doesn't show his wicked personality. Only a couple of small mistakes and timing issues. His top line was way too high. Overall though a great job. I really hope Ainsley isn't in the bottom 2 this week. I think he has a lot more to give. Expectations. How can you compare a dancer to a non dancer?

Neil Jones - Again it seems like the bottom of the board are performing better this week. Ainsley had a good flow and great rise and fall. For me he lost his neck because of shoulders rising.Ainsley had a good flow and great rise and fall. For me he lost his neck because of shoulders rising. I don't like when people say relax and you will be fine. To stop the shoulders rising you need to strengthen your back muscle. Apart from his shoulders that was a massive improvement.

Camilla - Cute. Natalie looks like a princess, gorgeous, he did a good job!
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Helen & Aljaz

James J - Her worst dance so far but it was still very good. Needed to be more into the floor which will help the fluidity. Feet bit dodge. Last lift great but not all of them. The dance didn't suit her as much as the others she has performed. Maybe 8 A few innuendo's there from the judges. Family show??? Oh no.. It's ok for them

Camilla - Fabulous Salsa by Helen, she commits a 100% a natural performing and yes can be a little more grounded but brilliant 9.

Neil Jones - Each week I have criticised her legs being too straight so salsa should be a hard dance but she was amaze balls. I wish my nurse looked this good. Her best dance for me.

Frankie & Clover - Awkward isolations, stiff body movement and an action more like a broom than a salsa dancer
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Peter & Janette

James J - Come on Peter. His intensity is one of the best I have ever seen on Strictly. Great job guys! Nice routine, Janette in hold however could be better. He still needs to drive much more around the floor. Pivots a bit small too, but best performance of the night. The performance was great but technically could be better therefore 8.

Camilla - Loved the theme of this dance & routine very staccato, would like more focus on the technique in the feet & legs, too much like walking.

Neil - had to leave to go work on the Beeb set .
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:37 pm

Katie & An ton

James J - Beautiful but very very skippy. Not driving forward on heals and too high. Pivots amazing though. Well done An ton. She also didn't close her feet once. Again the performance was brilliant. Now you need to up the Latin. It could have been 4 10's if it wasn't for her footwork and skipping.

Camilla - Good Hold, improved from last week. Would have liked to have seen more drive through the legs, too high, foot came off the floor in pivots. Sorry. Don't agree that was more like an 8 than a 9. Kellie was driving through her legs much more than Katie.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:44 pm

B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:26 am

I saw Vincent & Flavia this evening in their 'Last Tango' show in Leicester. Outstanding as ever. Nearly choked on my maltesers when they danced to the theme from Schindler's List. Really miss those guys.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:49 am

I have tickets for Pasha again in June at Lichfield....
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:15 am

Hi sax
I found Sasha's autobiography book in a secondhand shop a few weeks ago. I look forward to scanning through it. I see Brendan is already advertising his dance show for next year.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:59 pm

Kristina and Ben had a baby girl called Milena (Mila) born 24 June.

Iveta's baby due very soon

Aliona and Jay will perform their Pulp Fiction Jive on the 2016 SCD Opening Show.

L en will continue as head judge for 2016

Dates of Bren dan's 'All Night Long' dance tour on sale

Pro dancers start rehearsals tomorrow
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: