A Little Bit of Honesty.

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  hatlady28 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Love it Tangolero! Should be the icon for this site.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Agreed!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Really good, Tangolero. A man of many talents....
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:04 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:I knocked up a Strictly watercolour for fun, copied it from a painting somewhere. Thought you might like it. Wink 

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/18/59/08/36/dance10.jpg
A visual treat Mr D, I love it Smile
Sid

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:17 pm

I love it too Mr T

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:36 pm

Another fan Mr D - lovely watercolour, gives a real sense of movement.

jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:11 am

Superb TANGO. You have a great talent there.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:27 pm

I wonder if our sleb Sid can tweet it to ITT for Friday night costume chat! Be fab if it got on! Yells "Sid!"
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Wonderful picture Mr D- looks like there's a few godets in that dress! Wink 
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:07 pm

If the training clip is much to go by, Natalie is going to knock em dead this week. Abby and Aljaz have the rumba to bring some grace to mainly fun dances, Charleston, Jive etc. Mark's paso isn't really likely to rival El Cordobes but Ben has a chance to show him how it's done. Music awful again apart from Jeepers Creepers. Who on earth chooses it all?

Rachel might be in danger this week if the G.B.P keep up their love affair with Dave and Mark, as might Fiona and possibly Patrick again. Effectively, the comedy show should start tapering off soon and the serious stuff taking over. Then again.....Wink 
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  1superken on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:36 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:If the training clip is much to go by, Natalie is going to knock em dead this week. Abby and Aljaz have the rumba to bring some grace to mainly fun dances, Charleston, Jive etc. Mark's paso isn't really likely to rival El Cordobes but Ben has a chance to show him how it's done. Music awful again apart from Jeepers Creepers. Who on earth chooses it all?

Rachel might be in danger this week if the G.B.P keep up their love affair with Dave and Mark, as might Fiona and possibly Patrick again. Effectively, the comedy show should start tapering off soon and the serious stuff taking over. Then again.....Wink     
Im guessing GBP maybe , might be , seeing an ex bond girl ( what does that mean ) ? with a big reputation nobody,s seen & a younger miles more overweight , with little expectation , who,s going for it , losing loads of weight & lets be honest , on our screens as been miles better than what we,ve been fed to be good . Razz 

Im talking about Fiona & Mark What a Face 
1superken

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:59 am

1superken wrote: Im guessing GBP maybe , might be  , seeing an ex bond girl ( what does that mean ) ? with a big reputation nobody,s seen & a younger miles more overweight , with little expectation , who,s going for it , losing loads of weight & lets be honest , on our screens as been miles better than what we,ve been fed to be good . Razz Im talking about Fiona & Mark What a Face 
Ah, and thereby hangs a tale. Fiona was/is a really beautiful looking woman,actress,model. Her reputaion however is currently far more "was" than !is!. She now has to realise that none of those things are worth an empty tan can if she doesn't dance. I'm sure lots would like to see A nton go on and win a glitterball, but it won't be this year with this partner. She's likeable and attractive, but any real support will be for A nton. That just won't break any pots for much longer. What I think she might do is turn in a couple of half-decent dances that just won't compare with the high-flyers, then bow out undisgraced but undistinguished.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:54 pm

I'm inclined to agree with you Mr T that A nton's support is buoying up this one and Fiona will find it increasingly difficult to hang on in there but I really hope she does not go out this week as I think she has improved and is improving and is a great contestant - barring a disaster on Saturday night, she doesn't deserve to go out just yet IMO but I fear she may become a 'sacrifice' just by the process of elimination if Dave hangs around much longer - and let's face it he ain't going out this week (I think!)

Think you are right about Nathalie - the dance looked brilliant in the VT but I just hope they don't spend too much time out of hold - as is a tendency in A rtem's routines. Someone said on ITT this week (Karen I think) that she wants Nathalie to really start to 'feel' the dancing and that great as it has been so far it has been a little mechanical - I agree - I was a bit more moved last week but I'm looking for her to wow me - perhaps it will be this week.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:14 pm

mauveangel09 wrote: .    Someone said on ITT this week  (Karen I think) that she wants Nathalie to really start to 'feel' the dancing and that great as it has been so far it has been a little mechanical - I agree - .
Did Karen Hardy really say Natalie was mechanical? I am very surprised to say the least. Mechnical is the last thing I see in Natalie's dancing. She's fluent and graceful, looks and acts her parts and does it brilliantly.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:01 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
Did Karen Hardy really say Natalie was mechanical?  
Don't know about K.aren but D.arcey did, although not in a nasty way. She just felt something was missing even though she executed the moves well.
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Yes..............thank you- Sorry Mr T - it was n't Karen it was D arcey and it wasn't said in a nasty way - she said that she felt Nathalie was concentrating on executing the moves and possibly pleasing A rtem in getting the routine right but that she should let go - I know how good she is but this resonated with me.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:36 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Yes..............thank you- Sorry Mr T - it was n't Karen it was  D arcey and it wasn't said in a nasty way - she said that she felt Nathalie was concentrating on executing the moves and possibly pleasing A rtem in getting the routine right but that she should let go -   I know how good she is but this resonated with me.
No apology necessary mauveangel09, a simple error anyone could make. Not disagreeing at all, but I'm just keeping in mind Darcy is a professional and Natalie an amateur learning a dance per week. In that respect she's doing really well and letting go completely is very hard when the mind's occupied remembering a routine.
I have great respect for Darcy and her comments; each judge concentrates on different aspects and have different perspectives, as two show dancers, a ballroom pro and a ballerina would.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Yes very true Mr T....

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:05 am

Very Happy 

I've just seen the pictures of what Mark will be wearing tonight - one of the nationals has them. I won't post them here in case I spoil things for others but suffice to say what I thought was a joke on ITT turns out to be the truth.
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:26 am

David Tee wrote:Very Happy 

I've just seen the pictures of what Mark will be wearing tonight - one of the nationals has them.  I won't post them here in case I spoil things for others but suffice to say what I thought was a joke on ITT turns out to be the truth.  
Just seen it.
It's frightening to think he will have to move in that lot.
Surely something has to come off.
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:46 am

I haven't seen it now very curious! Is it an eight legged spider? Ian's pumpkin costume? Now I won't peep until I see it "Live"
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Let's just say it's a little OTT Sax... Smile 
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Just made very silly error. Wrote up the whole show then lost it to "site too busy" and I hadn't done it in Word as I usually do. I'll be back tomorrow. Sad 
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

re A Little bit of Honesty

Post  Moova 12 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:57 pm

So worried for Mark this week. Felt Iveta misjudged the feel of the night and the dance. Fingers crossed!
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Oh dear Tango, how annoying. Look forward to your re-write tomorrow.

Halloween theme has been my favourite for the past few years, but I thought tonights show felt a little tired in parts, especially some of the costumes and make-up. Why was Fiona dressed up as a scarecrow but still had perfectly coiffured hair? Why was Sophie made to wear red cycling lycras with a bit of plastic round the middle?  It looked a bit like the make-up artist had run out of ideas and just dolloped black greasepaint on a lot of them.   On the other hand, I thought the stage lighting was really creative for some dances, maybe they’re putting more time and effort into that side of things.  Anyway, sorry to ramble on, here’s my thoughts….

Patrick – wow, this was easily his best performance I thought. I haven’t really liked Patricks dancing up to now, but voted for him this week. Lovely start to the routine, loads of quickstep content,  great musicality, and his acting was spot on. Really enjoyed it, and I think he deserved his place near the top.

Fiona – this didn’t really live up to the midweek training footage, I thought she was slightly behind A.nton and it was a bit plodding in places.  I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s in DO

Ben – The last 20 seconds  were fabulous I thought, but  I found the rest of the routine a little dull.

Sophie – nothing seemed to come together in this I thought – the music, the  choreo, the costumes –  it seemed very thin on actual jive moves, which is a shame.

Natalie – thought the stalker-Artem VT was hilarious (he really does get the best VTs to do, some of the others were total cringe).  I thought the Viennese Waltz  was enthralling - loved everything about it, beautifully danced, and I thought she well deserved the 10s.  

Mark – oh dear. I agree Moova, I'm worried that Mark may be in danger tonight. However I get the feeling that the comedy paso-disco was more a Beeb ‘set up’ rather than Iveta. They both looked a bit uncomfortable throughout the routine I thought. 

Rachel – at long last! Thought this was a charming American smooth. She still looks a bit timid, but that suited the story of the dance.  

Ashley – I liked the start of this tango, but his posture in hold is still letting him down

Abbey – I’m still not quite sure what the big pieces of silk that she was attached to were meant for, and the very bright lighting wasn’t very suited to a rumba, but despite that I thought this was a cracking routine.  

Dave – a sedate dance, with very few jive steps.  I noticed that all the judges except L.en have stopped talking about entertainment, so maybe they feel his time is up.

Susanna – I wasn’t sure if I’d watched the same dance as the judges. I thought this was rather messy and out of synch in several places, and the lift looked heavy and not very Charleston-ish. Very overmarked in my opinion.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top