A Little Bit of Honesty.

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  salsarae on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Not at all Tina, I think both DVO and James are playing a game, I wondered if it was Denise´s mistake and James taking the rap too. The first time I watched it last night I thought I saw a small shake of her head and wondered if it was her error not his.

I kind of hope, much as I have liked Lisa so far that she kind of falls on her sword now, she hasn´t taken criticism well and that may steer the public away from her. It would be wrong for her to outlast anybody but Michael, and even he could be seen more worthy of an extra week, given how much progress he´s made. But I do think the beeb is trying to engineer drama, why they should when the ratings are higher then X factor and it´s top of viewing on Saturday nights I don´t know.
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Well, despite the Beeb claiming it's twenty four hours later, they get an hour? or so to sharpen up before the dance off so I honestly hope that if he's in it, Michael gets rid of his dislocated hip by a quick practise and sees Lisa off (if she also is in there). He won't go any further but I'd like him to go out on a better dance than a samba which isn't easy for anybody. If he'd had ballroom we wouldn't be talking D.O. Here's hoping. Wink
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

re a little bit of honesty

Post  Moova 12 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Was pleased Louis tried to get some personality out, if only to show the too cool for school youngsters you can have fun!
Lisa has peaked and should be one of the next to go. Her footwork was messy and I thought she missed out some steps Robin was doing.
Nicky ok but still doesnt do it for me.
Michael has to go. I was hoping it might have clicked but latin is not his thing. Shame because I have enjoyed his attitude and partnership with Natalie. Natalie is a dancer I haven't warmed too before but this year have seen her in a very different light.

Most enjoyable dance Dani.
I would like her to be in the final.
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Tina Sparkle wrote:BTW am I the only person who suspected that James went wrong deliberately? I have a theory that he reckonned Denise could be in danger this week and wanted to whip up some sympathy, but my husbabd and daughter think that I'm just too cynical... Laughing
salsarae wrote:Not at all Tina, I think both DVO and James are playing a game, I wondered if it was Denise´s mistake and James taking the rap too. The first time I watched it last night I thought I saw a small shake of her head and wondered if it was her error not his.
It did cross my mind that James was playacting to make DvO look better because she carried on without him. Then I looked at it again and James did seem bewildered, so I then wondered if DvO had made the mistake and he took the blame. Then commonsense kicked in. There is no way that James would lay his professional career on the line for the sake of DvO - because it did look bad for a professional to mess up. I don't think it's happened before. If he'd made a mistake then it was right he should own up. If she made the mistake then I am pretty certain he wouldn't take the blame for her.
salsarae wrote:I kind of hope, much as I have liked Lisa so far that she kind of falls on her sword now, she hasn´t taken criticism well and that may steer the public away from her.
I can see why you would think that but, tbh, I don't blame Lisa for saying that she thought her rumba deserved better comments - so did I. I thought she did put drama into it and tried her hardest. Why do the public hold it against a contestant if they say what they feel on the spur of the moment. She wasn't impolite and it was only one small grouse.

What does irritate me is if the professionals have too much to say at the time of the judging, especially James. I'm not liking him much this year - perhaps it's the haircut. Wink
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Just got home......Time to squeeze in a quick post before results show Very Happy

Very interesting to read everyone's comments - I too would like to see Dani in the final and I'd like to pick up on the ridiculous '8' scores that appeared. Usually I agree with C raig but I do think that he can get really hung up about the performance side - this dance wasn't supposed to be an intensive dramatic piece - the VW is not like that - this performance was all about the dance and was light and airy and IMO full of different and quite difficult moves that needed an assured performance to pull off and keep the rhythm and turns going. I felt that the routine was worth 4 '9's and that Dani should have been in a solid second place behind Louis not tied with Kimberley on '34'.

Not that I begrudged Kimberley her score - the Jive was fast, furious, looked quite difficult and seemed to be a real ballroom jive - I loved the music. She did well but I thought that there was nearly a serious stuff up in it .

I agree with all the comments about Lisa - for me she peaked several weeks ago. Yes she has great rhythm and can entertain well - but all the couples are entertaining now. The judges must have been watching a different dance because I thought the footwork was ragged in places and it all seemed too manic.

I thought that DvO and James's Salsa was perfectly ok and had some great moves and twists - particularly doing it in those towering heels! Neither of them seemed 100% comfortable with the dance for some reason - I thought some of the lifts looked clumsy but James really started to get on my nerves with the way that he laboured the point about the 'mistake' afterwards!

I think I have a different view on Nicky and Karen than many others on the thread. Their performance did not wow me and I can see where the judges were coming from. I agree that Nicky has improved so much and the lifts were great - but this was more 'show dance' than AT for me - I know there were some AT steps in it but as usual with Nicky and Karen it just felt like a performance piece - not a dance with feeling. I know that the James Bond thing was to go with the music - but why?? It was not a theme night - why not come out and just do a sizzling AT. I can only think that Nicky seems to feel more comfortable with acting a part. Before it sounds as though I am 'dissing' them I will say that this was not a performance to go out on.

Louis finally found Very Happy his potential and did what we have been willing him to do for weeks!!! Definitely a potential finalist - I enjoyed the routine and amongst the lifts and tricks I felt I could see some traditional charleston as well.

Which brings me to Michael - I think it is his time to go but I am so glad that C raig mentioned what a good teacher that Nathalie is. For me she is out of the E rin/Ian/Darren and Lilia mould - a great teacher - not all excellent dancers make good teachers! She has done so well with him and at the end of the day he didn't make a fool of himself - she kept the routine tight and he had a good stab at it. The music was divine!!! TEQUILA! bounce

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:20 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Usually I agree with C raig but I do think that he can get really hung up about the performance side - this dance wasn't supposed to be an intensive dramatic piece - the VW is not like that - this performance was all about the dance and was light and airy and IMO full of different and quite difficult moves that needed an assured performance to pull off and keep the rhythm and turns going. I felt that the routine was worth 4 '9's and that Dani should have been in a solid second place behind Louis not tied with Kimberley on '34'.

My sentiments exactly mauve. It wasn't "blow you away" type music. It had a different quality and feel to it but the dance still managed to capture my attention and imagination. I thought the story-telling was delightful.

I forgot to add in my analysis of Nicky & Karen that whilst I didn't mind their performance, I'm growing a bit tired of James Bond themed Argentine Tangos. There's HEAPS of excellent AT music out there that could be used and which would be much more suitable.

Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Agree completely with what you said about the fabu-u-lus darling one's comments. if I hear him banging on about the "performance" again I may just scream. It was ridiculous, this was never going to a dramatic performance, it was light and frothy, just as it was meant to be.
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Sid wrote:It wasn't "blow you away" type music. It had a different quality and feel to it but the dance still managed to capture my attention and imagination. I thought the story-telling was delightful.
Agree with you all, I thought Dani made some very difficult steps and spins look effortless, and that to me is a good VW. In terms of the storytelling though, I did have a snigger at the gondola prop...think we might've guessed the story without it!
Sid wrote:I forgot to add in my analysis of Nicky & Karen that whilst I didn't mind their performance, I'm growing a bit tired of James Bond themed Argentine Tangos. There's HEAPS of excellent AT music out there that could be used and which would be much more suitable.
This is my night for agreeing with Sid, the Bond theme has been done over and over, as have all the 'licensed to thrill' 'shaken not stirred' 'Bond girl' 'double oh heaven' etc etc cliches. Thought Nicky performed well in DO, but I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry for Karen - he seems so offhand with her when they're not dancing.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:20 pm

It was a beautiful VW, the best ones for me have a flowing gentleness to them and this was a challenging and warm performance, I'd love to see Dani win now. She really doesn't llok like a beginner to me and I'm loving Vincent's choreography.
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:30 pm

I so hope that Dani and Vincent make it through to the final. I also want to see a different 'spin' on the Argentine Tango - I agree with Sid about the music choice - there is so much music out there that suits the 'mood' of the dance better. That also goes for most of the Salsas that we have seen this season -sorry to sound like a scratched record but I think one of the reasons that I enjoyed 'Tequila' so much is because of the 'latin flavour' - I just find that there is hardly any 'latin' music used any more and I think that sometimes the couples struggle to get the real 'mood' of the dances as a result.

Sad to say 'Goodbye' to Michael but it was the right time and I think that he was a real 'true' Strictly contestant who seems to have thoroughly enjoyed the experience - he earned his place each week and the Wembley American Smooth was one of the dances of the series for me - who'd have thought it after that dreadful 'woodcutters' jive!!!! Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:33 pm

No complaints at the result tonight. Michael was always going out on a latin dance. He did really well and went out with good grace and heartfelt thanks to Natalie. I'll really miss that lady, warm human and totally classy as a dancer. I really did feel Michael should have been facing Lisa in the dance-off as Nicky's dance was so much better than hers. He took notice of the comments and really turned it on tonight/last night. Kudos to him for that.

All part of the game now and the pals act will diminish in the fight for the shiny ball. Any slip-ups and they could be going home. End of day, everybody goes out at some stage except the winner. Who that will be is anybody's guess now.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:33 pm

I can't wait for Mr D's reaction to this dance fusion concept! Razz

Jingle - When the judges said Nicky could improve his performance in the dance off by seducing Karen more, I thought, how can he seduce her, he doesn't even give her the time of day!

Needless to say I'll miss Michael & Natalie a lot. My twitter timeline is in mourning lol Popular couple who exceeded all expectations when you think back to THAT Jive....
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Sid wrote:I can't wait for Mr D's reaction to this dance fusion concept! Razz

You really don't want to know Sid. Mad I wanted improved dance excellence in what they've learned. Somehow, I think they're opening the gates to suit their own devious purposes. We shall see. I'll be gracious in defeat if wrong. Wink
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Sid wrote:I can't wait for Mr D's reaction to this dance fusion concept! Razz ...

I must say I'm not sure what to make of this, just trying to think about what dances go together. Think the most obvious one must be the QS and charleston which L.en mentioned. We've already seen small snippets of Charleston-esque steps in the QS before. What else might be good?
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Sad see Michael go tonight I wished he had stayed another week for a ballroom! Lisa for me should been in DO & gone.What is the hidden agenda here?

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Little Ms Hit wrote:I must say I'm not sure what to make of this, just trying to think about what dances go together. Think the most obvious one must be the QS and charleston which L.en mentioned. We've already seen small snippets of Charleston-esque steps in the QS before. What else might be good?

A Quickstep & Jive might work for Louis. Both fast, upbeat dances

And what about a gothic love story in the form of a Rhumba/Paso for Dani & Vincent?

I know they've tried this concept on DWTS this year but I didn't watch it so I have no idea if it was successful or not.

Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Little Ms Hit wrote:
Sid wrote:I can't wait for Mr D's reaction to this dance fusion concept! Razz ...

I must say I'm not sure what to make of this, just trying to think about what dances go together. Think the most obvious one must be the QS and charleston which L.en mentioned. We've already seen small snippets of Charleston-esque steps in the QS before. What else might be good?

Oh, I reckon a Paso-Doble/Charlston's a must. Maybe danced to George Formby singing "When I'm Cleaning Windows!
A Samba/Vienese Waltz to "The Hallelujah Chorus" should be a wow too, amd maybe a Tango/Salsa to "Adleviese"...Such possibilities....bah, humbug. Evil or Very Mad

Very Happy
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:00 pm

lol!

I knew you wouldn't disappoint, Mr D Wink
Sid

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:02 pm

'Dance Fusion' sounds like a 'right on' term for a 'mash up' !

A few couples have yet to do the Rhumba - but it would go with a cha cha and I know a lot of them did that in the first few weeks - I think you've stated the obvious ones so can't think of any others that go particularly well together - I suppose you could do a QS and then go into a slower tempo ballroom n umber like a waltz???? Should be interesting, but the cynical side of me says that it might be a way for some couples to get dances done that they have been trying to avoid! as they won't be doing a full performance of any one dance and I'll bet technique will be 'blurred'................... Rolling Eyes

Sax: I agree with your sentiments re Lisa - she has never yet been in a DO - which doesn't bode well, but if she had been in it tonight and been saved, she would have been in line for the 'bounce' vote next week - which would put her in an even stronger position.

Is a double elimination on the cards any time soon??

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:02 pm

You forgot to add Mr D a dance to Ernie the Fastest Milkman in the West!!! Or my old mans a dustman! Seriously they missed out using the props of a pommel horse for "Two little Boys!"

Sax

saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Sid wrote:

A Quickstep & Jive might work for Louis. Both fast, upbeat dances

And what about a gothic love story in the form of a Rhumba/Paso for Dani & Vincent?

I know they've tried this concept on DWTS this year but I didn't watch it so I have no idea if it was successful or not.

Good suggestions Sid am liking the paso/rumba mix. But it does seem like there aren't that many natural combinations which makes me wonder if the pros will get to choose themselves or not to ensure a varied mix. Then it becomes more about who's drawn the short straw of the worst combo or in other words who they want to get out next!
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Also meant to say, I'm assuming this is replacing the swingathon i.e. it's an additional dance to their normal dance or is the fusion dance all they'll be doing next week?
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Im too confused who's danced which dance when they could add the hokey cokey,the birdie song,I got you shake my apples from a tree! & the fusion dance its still a chaotic SCD this year.

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Having looked at Ginger's links.....Ugh. Essentially it seems to be 45 seconds of one dance followed by 45 seconds of the other....WHY? The only one that worked for me was a tango and paso doble mix.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top