A Little Bit of Honesty.

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  Tina Sparkle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:02 am

I don't know, I read that as the usual - the judges give their score and the public votes. After all every week Tess says "but your votes can save them" etc.etc. However if that's the case it could make for an interesting final....The odds have to be on Nicky and Lisa to go if it's only the public vote. I guess that this means there's no dance-off? If there are two eliminations then it's difficult to see how it could work. Although how are they going to fill the "Sunday" show without it? The mind boggles.... Shocked
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:03 am

These fusion dances - is that all we're going to see this week? Or are we at the stage where they do this and another dance?
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 am

You could be right Tina but if two couples have to go it could be tricky with a dance off.
How many would be in the dance off? It would have to be more than bottom two.
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:53 am

Yes, you'd have to have three couples to make it work and I don't see that happening, somehow.

I'm not sure about this fusion concept, either. if they're doing two dances, with two different songs, then where's the difference? is it just to save time? Razz I can see that it might give an opportunity for some really innovative choreography, but equally my mind boggles!

I'm not very keen on the idea that they can use dances they've done before, either. I think that should be reserved for the final. Evil or Very Mad
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:14 am

Will the judges mark each part of the dance? If they did could be an interesting scoreboard! Surely the dance will be longer say 20-30 seconds longer so we get the feel for both dances.

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:24 am

I think it'll have to be, Sax. Hmmm two sets of marks? Hadn't thought of that, but it would make sense in some ways. This could get very complicated.
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Not to worry it could end up like this.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/strictly-come-dancing-final-to-be-fought-1473327#.UL7_wDkMoMo.twitter
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Ooh four in the final!!!! Used to be a double eviction in Semi Finals!!! Well that's Danni,Louis,Kimberley & DvO or will we have a shock entry??

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: A Little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Hello everyone

Lost track a bit this week - I have returned to work full time (and don't I know it!!! Rolling Eyes ) I even missed lovely Ian on Wednesday on ITT - so I don't feel I really have much of a sense of how this 'Dance Fusion' (posh term for a 'mash up') is really going to go. On the one hand something new on the show would be good but I feel a bit aggrieved that for most of the couples it seems to be dances that they have done before??Seems a bit of a cop out. Also quite a lot of tangos and cha chas? I hope we are not then going to see these regurgitated in the final - as usually the couples get to pick their favourite dance to do then? Although full credit to Nicky and Karen for tackling the dreaded Samba within their routine.

Love Dani and Vincent's music - 'Happy Feet' just always gets me tapping and wanting to jump up and start dancing!!! I do hope that this is the dance of the night, I think that charleston and quickstep is one of the best combinations.

Do we know anymore about the final? Surely it will be the usual 3 couples? Lovely if it were 4 this year because of the standard but I think 3 is enough! I thought that the last couple of years there has been double elimination in the semis - with the two couples with the lowest number of votes going out - no dance off. Maybe I am mistaken? This is what I was assuming.

I think we are all going to have some interesting comments to make after the show this week!!!!
Can't wait................. Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Evening mauve - glad you're getting back into your old routine Smile

Zoe confirmed it'd be a 4 couple final on ITT. I can't think what purpose it serves. But I'm not too fussed either way. May even improve Dani & Vincent's chances of actually making the final (I fear they would be toast in a double elimination at the semi final stage).

After watching ITT, I reckon Denise & James's dance will be the one to beat. I haven't seen such sharp kicks and flicks since Jill!
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Will DvO be wheeled out in the suitcase!!! Unzipped & pop out to dance? Razz

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Sax - lol! Are you Ok Sax??

Hi Sid - Yes - DvO looked great tonight - (but a little voice is saying 'she has done the dance before! I can't quite square this business about them being able to do dances that they have done before - what about the days when they were learning two dances by now.......... No

So four couples in the final? Interesting.......... I totally agree that this will increase Dani's chance of being there - in theory the top four should all be there - but will they be?? Shocked I suppose instead of one couple going out mid-way through finals night - 2 will do so?

Very interested to see how Louis gets on tomorrow - the music is a risk but he did well at Tango before and only having to do half a rumba is better bet for a male celeb than having to a whole one........ Smile

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:56 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Will DvO be wheeled out in the suitcase!!! Unzipped & pop out to dance? Razz
Sax

If they'd kept quiet about that to everybody, we hadn't known about it, and they did it tonight it would have been a real show-stopper. Imagine the judges faces. A show-business opportunity gone missing there. Very Happy
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

re a little bit of honesty

Post  Moova 12 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Well have just had an ITT marathon as I have been so busy.
Dance fusion I can't get my head round it. Question Maybe it will make sense to me later.

I like Lisa but IMO she is being overmarked. Karen picked up on the messiness of her feet, though Lisa did say she had made mistakes. I feel the final should be DvO, Louis, Dani and Kimberly.
The winner? Well a report in the SSHHHH Daily Mail Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed says Louis is polling well ahead of any of the others in the public vote.

Very Happy
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi Moova!

Its sometimes good to have a few ITT to watch!! Lisa is being over marked apparently in a show next year with C.raig!!! Louis has a wide range of fans I believe & Im one of them!!! The semi final be a bit dull withoit a double elimination now!!
Mr D yes DvO & James missed a trick re the suitcase!!! Pity it wasn't on a luggage carousel at Heathrow as bound to have lost the suitcase! Razz I never knew DvO had been a magicians assistant before either!!!
Of course Darcey would have provided a large trunk for Ms Bennett!!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

re a little bit of honesty

Post  Moova 12 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi Sax
I too am pleased to see Louis doing well and I have hope JB from JLS does well too. I work with lots of very lovely "Too cool for school" boys and they are looking at Louis and going WOW.
Guys like Louis, whether they like it or not, CAN influence these pre teens who want to be trendy (got to be a newer word than that!) and show that hard work is not to be sneered at.
Harry last year was lovely but not exactly going to appeal to the children I work with.

Roll on the final.
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi Moova

I agree Louis is an excellent role model for young teens from all walks of life.I do feel its a shame before & after School clubs re Gym,Football,Trampolining,Chess, etc have stopped.Every day at School I went early stayed late for Gym/Trampolining clubs! I did it for fun & a place to go to.
Same for the old style boxing clubs it gave a lot of ypungsters somewhere safe to go!!
I do fear this cotton wool style society for youngsters depriving children of life experiences!! Ive worked with pupils who are in units because Schools cannot cope with behaviour I do feel an outlet is needed!! Some areas the SPACE team work run by local police/council re football/snooker clubs.

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:30 pm

An interesting week to say the least! Dance fusion seemed to work in some routines and look ghastly in others. As has already been mentioned before, it seems so unfair that some couples were adapting old routines while Nicky attempted two new dance styles (I do wonder whose idea that was, can't imagine Karen as a choreographer would choose to match a foxtrot AS with samba)

Denise - thought the singer was excellent, and a good song to combine QS and jive. I actually preferred her jive from earlier in the series, but this was a fast and furious routine. Shame about the foot in dress, and like CRH I noticed they ended the routine too early.
Lisa - Didn't like the routine at all, just didn't seem to flow. She went badly wrong during the cha cha, I couldn't believe when the first 3 judges didn't mention that at all. Tbh, comparing her performance to her week one cha cha, I think Lisa's j.ourney is going backwards.
Nicky - to give him credit, there was a lot of content in this and he remembered all the steps, even though the trademark hunched shoulders reappeared. Didn't seem to get any allowances for trying two new routines, and I thought CRH was just bursting to launch into a negative tirade. Definitely didn't deserve to be scored lower than Lisa in my opinion.
Dani - A good routine, full of content. As Darcey said, the QS and charleston are a very good combination and I really liked the choreography for this. Not a perfect performance, think she went out of synch on the side by side charleston and was beginning to tire near the end. But a solid dance
Louis - wasn't expecting such an understated start to the dance, with the music so quiet. Actually thought his rumba was excellent, although the very bright lighting didn't help with the atmosphere of either rumba or tango. But enjoyed this, hope it's enough to keep him out of DO
Kimberley - I'm a bit baffled by the judges' comments on this - thought it was a good performance but nothing out of this world. I actually didn't like some of the choreo, and felt cha cha and tango are too different to combine. It's a miracle she didn't get her heel caught in the long tango skirt though.

On balance I think the fusion is a good idea and would like to see it as a permanent fixture- a bridge between the single dance week and the two dance week. But there needs to be some rules about the new/old choices.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Oh dear, next week is going to have to be good to top that. Real competitive spirit in everybody tonight and a really good show. The fusion came out remarkably well and the standard was first class.

Denise and James. Jive/quickstep.

They ended a bar late and DVO was unfortunate with the dress catch that threw a couple of steps awry. That apart I thought it was very good overall. The judges have to catch these things, and did. Without the hitches it was little short of perfect.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lisa and Robin. Cha-Tango.

Little wrong, little outstanding. Robin did his best with the choreography but the scores and comments were right enough for me. It's the semi-final next week and only the best survive. As always it was entertaining and all out, but they really have levelled off now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicky and Karen. Samba Foxtrot AS.

Nicky has come good very late and I thought the marks a little harsh. I thought it a little odd but that didn't take away from effort and a decent performance. The chair thing is a bit dated but there was little wrong with the dancing. Too little too late I fear. Given a few more weeks the lad would be a decent dancer. I think he now respects the dance and realises the work involved.

Dani and Vincent. Quickstep/Charlton

Happy Feet indeed. I've mentioned a few times Dani's good feet and tonight's 1920 silent film era dance showed them off again. These two started down the field and have steadily pegged back the rest. Neat and fault-free they just get better weekly and fully deserved their high marks tonight. Vincent is a clever choreographer as well as a top dancer and he guided them smoothly through it all so well. Still in with a good chance at the top. Dani has become a real dance fan.

Louis and Flavia.Rumbango.

As The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman said, two dances from opposite spectrums but they didn't seem that way. Louis has learned his lessons well and he moves so excellently and has aquired grace and elegance along the way. Satin-smooth to razor sharp, and moving from one discipline to the other like water flowing.
By far his best effort despite the mind-numbing music choice. Bags of attitude in the tango, soft as silk in the rumba. Very very good.

9,9,9,10..... 37.

Kimberley and Pasha.

What needs saying? A performance worthy of pros and how well Kimberley sold it. She stepped and swung her way through a show quality mix of sensual and atmospheric dance like anything but an amateur. I admit I've fancied her chances and allowed a little favouritism in comments on her, but I take nothing back. From a dance-off she never deserved to a full house score she fully did.
Well done the girl.....

Thought some of the music was rubbish, and the dresses a bit of a Frocky Horror Show. The rest was just superb. Wink

Last edited by TANGOLERO on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Wow, some great, and not so great scores there, can't wait to see the dances and get a feeling I won't think Nicky deserves to be bottom either. So pleased to see everyone posting so early tonight, must have been excellent!
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:11 pm

What a fabulous show. The fusion dances were very exciting and interesting, but I wouldn’t them want them every week.

I thought they all put on very good performances. It just shows the best people are left.

Denise – jive and quickstep
Very surprised at the raggedness of their routine. The snippet I saw in rehearsal looked very good but it didn’t transfer to the floor tonight – as sometimes happens. Apart from catching her foot in her dress, which I didn’t actually see but which she harped on about far too much, she did actually make a mistake. The jive was very good but not exceptional and I thought the quickstep was not smooth enough.

Lisa – tango and cha-cha
Like Darcey I thought the tango was the better of the two in terms of technical steps but, of course, the cha-cha does suit her bubbly personality. Her posture isn’t good in the tango and never has been but I think, as Hatlady has said, it's because she is top heavy. Her posture is not as noticeable in the cha cha so she can get away with it. She messed up and it was interesting that C raig never mentioned it. He’s usually the first to jump on the slightest thing (Louis's thumb!) and the mistake Lisa made was quite obvious – but he made no mention of it. Mmmm how odd! scratch I think her enthusiasm for dancing is fading. Either that or she’s struggling now esp. with her pantomime commitment. As an aside, it irked me when she carried on the
deception about Sunday, saying she hates being under the lights on Sunday, waiting for the
DO verdict. No, she's not under the lights on Sunday, that’s on Saturday. It’s aired on Sunday. So for that big unnecesssary whopper I shall be glad if she goes home tonight.

Nicky – Samba and American Smooth foxtrot
What a mean and nasty thing for C raig to say that we will be seeing his dance again. How does he know how the public will vote. Just for that I'm half wishing that he's not in the DO at all, if it didn't mean that someone else would be who shouldn't be. C raig was quite unnecessarily horrible from start to finish about Nicky’s dance. I didn’t think it was half as bad as he said – but I have to concede he knows far better than me and probably saw a lot more than me. I thought it was a jolly good effort and better than Lisa’s. I expect he will be in the DO.

Dani – Quickstep and Charleston
A most enjoyable and polished performance. But she did go wrong. That’s the first time I’ve
seen her mess up her steps. I think her kicks in the quickstep were a bit high but all praise to Vincent for his excellent choreography. I can never think of much to say about their dances because they are so neat and tidy and well executed. Lots of lovely footwork.

Louis – Tango and Rumba
I was very tense all the way through their dance, dreading that something would go wrong. What a relief it didn't. The stupid thing is I watched it again and was almost as tense even though I knew it had turned out well. I loved it, but then I would because they are both my favourites. I loved the transition from Rumba to Tango – very dramatic and in keeping with the music. He is doing a very good impression of a born dancer. I gave him a 9.

Kimberley – Tango and Cha cha
Definitely the dance of the night. Absolutely superb. I was actually clapping at home. Her personality shone through, she really feels the dance and brings everyone into it. It was fun. And what an amazing lift, well executed. Pasha is so gorgeous. I gave them a 10 long before the judges gave theirs.

Verdict: Lisa and Nicky in the Dance Off. Imo it should be Lisa going home but she’s got more judges support I think, esp C raig, so it'll be Nicky. I would have liked to see Nicky stay.

Last edited by Lucielle on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some words - so that a sentence made sense.)
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:32 pm

I thought Dani and Kim were both sensational. Their performances wowed me more than any other so far this series. I would have had them joint top but when I saw Kim was dancing last, I had an inkling we were about to witness a 40!

Louis's Rhumba was better than I expected. However, I didn't think a Tango fitted well with the music and wasn't keen on how it was added on at the end. I definitely prefered the fusions where the couples went in and out of the two style.

Nicky made a valiant effort but he still hasn't sorted his bent knees and posture out (for Ballroom). I thought he was better than Lisa - who seemed to go wrong a few times. Plus, like Louis, she did a half & half routine rather than an in-and-out one which I didn't think worked so well (though that's a question of choreography).
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Sid wrote:I definitely prefered the fusions where the couples went in and out of the two style.
I did, although I think that Flavia pulled it off with her routine. It may have been too complicated had they gone in and out of those two dances - as L en said at different ends of the spectrum.
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Lucielle wrote:
Sid wrote:I definitely prefered the fusions where the couples went in and out of the two style.
I did, although I think that Flavia pulled it off with her routine. It may have been too complicated had they gone in and out of those two dances - as L en said at different ends of the spectrum.

I don't think it would have been possible to switch back and forth between Rhumba and Tango either Lucielle.

Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 pm

I agree with Sid Smile Dani and Kimberley were the dances I enjoyed the most. Nicky was once again undermarked and Lisa overmarked.

But I enjoyed fusion week much more than I expected to. However I think that the performances were influenced by which dances were fused, and which dances had been done previously.

Why did Kimberley and Lisa do the same fusion? Was it to show that Lisa isn't as good as she and the fabu-u-lus darling one think she is Twisted Evil
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top