A Little Bit of Honesty.

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  Little Ms Hit on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Having looked at Ginger's links.....Ugh. Essentially it seems to be 45 seconds of one dance followed by 45 seconds of the other....WHY? The only one that worked for me was a tango and paso doble mix.

Yes I must agree, no real 'fusion' at all. If that's what we get then it's going to be as pointless as the swingathon.
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  kate on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Little Ms Hit wrote:Also meant to say, I'm assuming this is replacing the swingathon i.e. it's an additional dance to their normal dance or is the fusion dance all they'll be doing next week?
Next week's show is shorter than this week's, so it must be just the fusion dances.

Nicky & Karen could put Salsa & Samba together, from the dances they've got left, to create a generic latin dance that would look like quite a few we've seen on Strictly before! Several couples have American Smooth left, so I guess they could just put lifts into another dance?

I get the impression that fusion dance could be more of a test of the pros than the celebs in that a routine's success is going to depend on imaginative choreography.
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Little Ms Hit wrote:
Yes I must agree, no real 'fusion' at all.

Plenty of fusion.....................Confusion!
All we need now is a load of props and themes and it'll drive us all round the bend.
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:50 pm

gingercodgers wrote:

Plenty of fusion.....................Confusion!

Nice one Ginge, can see Le.n using that on next weeks show! Laughing

I can't believe this will actually be a scoring dance, What a Face especially if the choices of dance are limited by what they haven't already danced scratch

Total balls up Evil or Very Mad
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Or a total cock up!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  kate on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Got some more Dance Fusion news from twitter: it can be a fusion of any 2 dances, provided you haven't danced them either the week before or the week after. Tango/Rumba for Louis & Flavia, apparently.
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:16 pm

scratch My head hurts!!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:31 pm

kate wrote:Got some more Dance Fusion news from twitter: it can be a fusion of any 2 dances, provided you haven't danced them either the week before or the week after. Tango/Rumba for Louis & Flavia, apparently.
Perked up a bit when I read that, a good combination. Time to see whether the acting session has really done the trick.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:32 pm

I did not think Nicky deserved to be in the bottom two - but glad he came out and rocked it. I thought it should have been Lisa but she obviously has a big fan base (L.en's comment about how she is what everyone wants to know about. IMO she is miles behind those left in, so hopefully next week. I am sure there is another place to post this, but can't find it just now - anyway - have just watched the Katherine Jenkins show on ITV and absolutely loved it. ~Beautiful singing, dancing, dear heavens, the woman has it all. Loved it. Should have been on Xmas Eve, or day. I hate to say this, but it made Strictly look tacky. (OK I am running for cover now)
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:35 pm

So nothing new for us in the 'Dance Fusion/Mash up' - just a chance for them to show off a watered down version of what they have already done.......................... Mad Remember the old days when couples were actually learning two (new) dances per week at this stage?

I have recorded 'Katherine Jenkins' so will enjoy watching it because I watched the finale of 'Crickley Hall' - really enjoyed this series.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:48 pm

I'm just getting my head round the dances full stop, this mash-up is going to seriously challenge my dancing knowledge. I don't want to pass judgement before I've seen them performed but I am sceptical about it all. But I do understand why they're doing it. It's to make the show different. I have seen the words "boring" and "predictable" on here which means it's time for a shake up - to refresh the show. Are you going to watch, Mr D, or will you turn your attention to something less stressful - like putting up shelves ? Wink
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 pm

I wasn't dead against the idea of a dance mash-up when I thought it was combining two completely new dances together.

But I don't like that a new dance (which is potentially tricky) can be themed around a previous one (which might have been performed very well).

It seems like an avoidance strategy and a form of dumbing down to me.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:49 pm

Lucielle wrote:I'm just getting my head round the dances full stop, this mash-up is going to seriously challenge my dancing knowledge. I don't want to pass judgement before I've seen them performed but I am sceptical about it all. But I do understand why they're doing it. It's to make the show different. I have seen the words "boring" and "predictable" on here which means it's time for a shake up - to refresh the show. Are you going to watch, Mr D, or will you turn your attention to something less stressful - like putting up shelves ? Wink

Oh, I'll have to watch. Never seen a jitterbug/waltz and that jive/rumba will be spectacular. Funnily, "confusion" said the Spanish way, con fusion, means "with fusion", so "Baile con fusion" means dance with fusion. Should I tell L en? Wink
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:35 am

Am assuming (hoping) that the fusion dance will be longer than the current minute and a half - like a sort of halfway house before they go up to 2 dances per week?

Tbh I'm quite looking forward to it - nice to have something new (and the biased part of me is already thinking this may suit Louis - plenty of stamina and versatility, and hasn't got lost in a routine yet)
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:18 am

Sad to see Michael Vaughan exit tonight. Sure it was the right decision on the night but for me he is the type of celeb I warm to on Strictly. He began really as a blank canvas and dancing was clearly totally alien to him. He was starting from scratch, starting from basics and we watched him work hard to grow in stature and put in the effort and really capture the spirit of the show. Perhaps the highlight of this series (for me) will be when he came of age an stunned us with that great quickstep that had B runo gobsmacked. He exits purely down to his failings at Latin, as for me, he has been the best ballroom dancer in the series. Well done Michael - it was a pleasure.

I am now rooting for Dani or Kimberley to lift the Glitterball.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 am

Increasingly I find I like the results show because one gets to watch the pros dance......Has anyone noticed that A.nton isn't invited to participate in the pro dances unless it is strictly ballroom. If it is Latin, he is conspicuous in his absence. I get the feeling of a pro hierarchy. Watching the choreography, who gets to stand in front? who gets the best specials? Pasha and Artem top of the men. Vincent and Flavia are the couple for AT. Brendan is the ballroom/latin guy doing very well with Natalie as his partner. The Jordans are slipping down the pole.......
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:00 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Increasingly I find I like the results show because one gets to watch the pros dance......Has anyone noticed that A.nton isn't invited to participate in the pro dances unless it is strictly ballroom. If it is Latin, he is conspicuous in his absence. I get the feeling of a pro hierarchy. Watching the choreography, who gets to stand in front? who gets the best specials? Pasha and Artem top of the men. Vincent and Flavia are the couple for AT. Brendan is the ballroom/latin guy doing very well with Natalie as his partner. The Jordans are slipping down the pole.......

Hadn't really thought of it like that H.L. but you're right. Versatility seems to be the key and Pasha and Artem certainly have that. Few will top A nton and Erin for ballroom but A nton's never stood out in latin. I think much of that is his suit and tie image sticks with him. Mind you, he hasn't had too much luck with good partners for a while. I suppose he's creeping on age-wise for an all-round pro dancer too.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Well sad see Michael go.Not sure about the mish mash fusion.They could have made it more interesting by adding street dance section onto an existing dance! The couples would show their talents.diversity & tricks,flicks & skills! Now thats a fusion Salsa/street dance Very Happy

Btw Wonder has been quiet anyone heard from wonder?

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Serious head on for a while now.

We have four very decent dancers left plus Nicky and Lisa. Nicky's made some real progress the last couple of weeks and he's pushing them hard if he keeps that up. Lisa has been a great contestant but it really is her time now and surely the GBP will realise that? All those left have reached a creditable skill level and any of the top four, maybe five, could go on and win. Just maybe this dance-fusion combination will throw up a real favourite.

Louis still has a problem with his not getting into dances naturally. His facial expressions were much better but still look a bit switched on in sequence and overdone at times. Denise too, excellent as she's been, hasn't quite achieved that natural "love of dance" feel that Kimberley and even Dani have mastered. Dani and Vincent's "Amore" just lit up the floor with a mood of rythmn and movement that got to the audience and brought out the smiles. They're very serious possibilities now. Kimberley's experience of working audiences is also a big plus in her favour. Sobering thought is that one of the favourites will be in the dance-off come what may this week. All a bit intruiging right now.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  1superken on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Its great that there,s 4 good couples & im certain 2 of them will produce quality performances all the way through , 1 of them will produce a few steady & few show stopping performances & the other unless Denise or James breaks a leg or we get an Erins rag dolls or John Seargeant withdrawal will win . Great to see the public voting for the best dancer this week on the back of not their best performance . Being as mad as a hatter ladette who happens to be pretty good looking as well might not endear her to a lot of the female GBP but hopefully most aren't that shallow Cool
1superken

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:14 pm

I was a bit delayed in posting - my post is not in response to yours Superken. Very Happy
TANGOLERO wrote:Kimberley's experience of working audiences is also a big plus in her favour.
Kimberley has a naturally warm and outward personality. I don't think she consciously "works the audience". Her personality is being noticed and that, with her improved dancing technique, I hope will be enough to see her through to the top three, but that's by no means a definite. I can't see Denise or Dani dropping their standards. If Louis falls short she stands a better chance. Nicky, in spite of Saturday's performance, I don't honestly think will make the top three and if I was a betting person I would lay bets that Lisa is the next to walk. Whatever happens the GBP will vote for the one that wows - especially if they've had a j ourney. That's my opinion at this stage.

My favourite scenario is Louis, Kimberley and Dani in the top three. I would be happy with either Dani or Louis taking the glitterball (with a sneaky hope that it's Louis). Very Happy
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:18 pm

I do wonder if next week we have say Nicky & Lisa on the DO will the judges save Nicky? I have this horrible feeling they wouldn't. At the start of SCD yes the judges were warned re any criticisim of size/weight which should be so.However I do not feel walking on eggshells re scores every week does Lisa any favours! I can see the judges/some of the public accepting Lisa going say against Kimberley or Danni yet wouldn't if against Michael/Nicky!
For me in the latter stages SCD comes into its own,late bloomers reaping weeks of training! Early favourites struggling & the public changing their voting tactics!!!! I felt sorry Michael got saddled with another Latin.Id wished another week for him & Natalie!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Sax you are so right in what you say - such a lot is down to the strategic dance choices at this stage even C raig seemed to be saying that tonight on ITT when he was a quite honest about Lisa (or as honest as they dare to be- seemingly) and said that he thought she would only go further if she had a latin n umber!!!!

The whole situation with her worries me - I think it would be useful if it was a shock DO this week and she was up against one of the favourites - surely the judges would have to let her go???? Question But on the other hand if she is up against Nicky then like you Sax - I really wouldn't like to say how it would go............ Shocked Nicky has been in the DO a few times now so is obviously not polling the votes - Lisa has never been in a DO - eeek! I suppose we have just got to trust in GBP......... However, the Dance Fusion/Mash Up may mess things up a bit - I have no objection to seeing something new in the show but I don't like the fact that they can do dances that we have already seen.

I am finding this a very interesting last half to the series - we have 4 great couples at the top and I really wouldn't like to say how it will go. One of them can't make it to the final for sure - although I am afraid I have got to be honest at this point and say that I will be annoyed if any of the top four exit and Lisa stays in at their expense.

I just hope that Dani will still be there and I think Louis may be too - it would be a great scenario to have both Flavia and Vincent in the final!!! I wouldn't mind if either of them lifted the glitterball - but on the celeb side I would love it to be Dani................................ Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:32 pm

This weekend seems to be the last time the judges scores count. The semi final is decided on public vote according to Radio Times.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/s94qs/strictly-come-dancing--series-10---episode-21

gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Oh I hadn't realised that Ginger! Ty for updating! Now that could be a tricky semi final depending who goes out this week!!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top