just a Hello!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: just a Hello!

Post  vonee21 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:35 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Since you're ordering.....spinach parcels and a large glass of mythos beer for me! drunken drunken

Aw sad news Vonnee, keep your chin up, it's tough out there in the job market. Eldest went back to uni last weekend, she's moved into a house with 7 friends in Selly Oak. To think this time last year I was in pieces because she was going, and she absolutely loves it! Smile

Thanks Alls!

Selly Oak - just down the road from me! Bet she is loving it, lots to do for students round there!!
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:39 pm

I don't think she is quite your typical student- whoever has got them as neighbours can count themselves lucky as they are a quiet bunch! Wink She does love it up there though and it's such a nice campus uni.
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Selly Oak I know it well used live in Hall Green.The Country Girl an Ember Inn lots use that!! Eldest son did PhD at Birmingham he rented house in Selly Oak too!!! Also if pops on number 11 Harbourne have nice shops & pubs The Green Man popular!!
Understand how feel re job hunting Vonee im inbetween jobs back problems to sort out then poke a toe in job market!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi Lucielle

What a great scenario! Glad you are welcoming us other 'exiles' onto your island.

Is it anywhere near Olympus, which is where quite a few of us have been living since July, till very recently? Question

Love Lil
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:35 am

MissingLilia wrote:Hi Lucielle
What a great scenario!... Is it anywhere near Olympus, which is where quite a few of us have been living since July, till very recently? Question
Love Lil
Just a short ferry trip away - been there several times since moving here! Laughing
Is there anything in particular you'd like to order?

My apologies, btw, to our other guests for the delay in getting your orders together but they are now ready for consumption.
PS Vonee I've run out of Ouzo so I've got Pastis instead (including ice cubes of course), hope this is to your liking.
Backs out very low in the style of Mrs Overall.
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 am

Welcome back to one and all. Here's looking forward to a great new series.

I'm off to Pelion on Friday and should scuttle back just in time for the first show. All this talk of all things Greek has been setting the scene nicely thank you. Now where did I put those old language tapes.......
'She who cannot drive' who must now be referred to as 'that there learner' thought she'd be lying in bed enjoying having the house to herself, but oh no, evil me has given her sole charge of our menagerie of animals. That should keep her busy! Cool
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:08 pm

B4p wrote:I'm off to Pelion on Friday...
My, that's close to our island! Let us know what it's like and maybe some of us could pop over and take a look. Laughing Have a fab time! Very Happy
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:54 pm

B4p wrote:I'm off to Pelion on Friday...

ooh let us know what it's like B4P it's been on my visit list for a while.....
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum