just a Hello!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

just a Hello!

Post  Littlebear on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Hello there! Just checking in and thought instead of lurking I'd say hello while I was at it. I might change my username soon, but I'll let you know if I do.

Do you think there is any truth in the rumours about Victoria Pendleton and Ian Thorpe? It seems too good to be true ....

Hope you're all well and shining up your sequins.
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Re: just a Hello!

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi Little Bear! Lovely to hear from you...it's all getting very exciting isn't it? I hear that Tracey Beaker from CBBC is a cert and all will be revealed on Tuesday.... sunny
Slopes off to get polishing.... Wink

PS do come and join us on the book thread if you enjoy reading..we've set up our own strictly book club- More the merrier! study
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi Littlebear good to see you again!! Hope it is true re Pendleton & Thorpe!! As Alls says we have a thriving book club going & more the merrier
Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Welcome back Littlebear Very Happy
Would love to see Thorpe and Pendleton on the show too.
Has anyone been trying to work out the 'clues in the costumes' on the BBC site?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/

Seems to have been more secrecy about the celebs this year, but I think the big reveal will be any day now (is the red carpet event filmed this weekend? There's bound to be leaks)

jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:20 am

The clues are getting a lot of people guessing on FB and digitalspy!
Some people think the photos of costumes are arranged in named alphabetical order.....in which case I think the first chap is most likely to be Richard Arnold, showbiz reporter.
I think we are in for a great line up, some very skimpy dresses for the ladies, looks like they´ll be in good shape physically. Who does everybody else think is going to be in?

I´m hoping if the Tracy Beaker girl is in she is another Chelsee, as her character really annoyed me(my youngest loved the program, I hated it-but then I can´t stand the majority of stuff aimed at children these days!).
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:24 am

Well he has just been revealed as Richard Arnold so the FBers and DSers are probably right. I had a look (on my phone though) for digital spy last night and I couldn't find any threrads about who might be in it. Where should I be looking?

I am going to have to try to learn from past mistakes and try not to make too many judgements at the beginning this time. I was sure I was going to hate Chelsee but had to do a swift about turn!
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:27 am

Here you go!

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Huh, I was right. Maybe there´s something in the alphabetical order too?
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:31 pm

Just had a little reminder on Facebook that the annual dancing bash is about to begin again. After nearly a year living is Australia I'm sooooooo out of touch with all the news and views. Hope there will be the usual YouTube replays for me to see even if I miss all the hype and 'live'shows.

What's happening about ITT and the lovely Claudia?
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi all!!

Thought I would get back into the swing of things before it all kicks off in the next few days.

Been having a quick look at a couple of the threads on DS - they seem to have worked out who all the celebs are and who they are being paired with!

However, going on what has happened over the last few years - there are always a few leaks, then a couple of big curved balls are thrown out there. Some of the 'certain' names are not included and there are a couple of surprises. Think I might just wait to see what happens....
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Hello Lualen Welcome back ! A few of us never went away. Laughing It's been great talking to friends throughout the year but equally good to see others coming back. Very Happy
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Hello All,

Not long now!

Haven't looked on any websites for clues, prefer to wait and be surprised and hopefully recognise the participants Surprised

The nights may be drawing in but now we've got Strictly to brighten up Saturday evenings for a few months.

Let the fun begin.....
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:55 pm

Hello Sadiesamba, Lualen and Vonee21 (liking the new avatar btw!)

Not long to wait now..........
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:43 pm

hello all, good to have you back!
Vonnee hope all is well with you, any luck with the job hunting while you've been away?
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Hello Lualen,vonee & sadiasambre good to see you all again!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:24 am

A peculiar scenario has just come into my head that those of us who stayed behind on the forum are on a holiday island and we are welcoming back our friends for their annual vacation. The island looks a lot like Skopelos. Razz
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:08 am

Lucielle wrote:A peculiar scenario has just come into my head that those of us who stayed behind on the forum are on a holiday island and we are welcoming back our friends for their annual vacation. The island looks a lot like Skopelos. Razz

With the awful reality of autumn this morning aster a last day of summer yesterday, I so wish that were true Lucielle! I think I'll return to your happy place! (I Love Skopelos sunny )
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:45 am

Razz lol true!! Or the Prisoner our number couldn't escape!!

Sax

ps I don't mind being stranded for another Day!!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Lucielle wrote:A peculiar scenario has just come into my head that those of us who stayed behind on the forum are on a holiday island and we are welcoming back our friends for their annual vacation. The island looks a lot like Skopelos. Razz

In that case, make mine an ouzo! drunken

Hi Alls, no, not much luck on the job front, just finished a temp role, now back to the ministrations of the jobcentre (a misnomer if ever there was one) for my sins. Hoping something else comes up. Hope all is well with you n yours.

Roll on Saturday...
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Adds an order for Moussakka, feta cheese salad lamb stiffado, bakla mmmmmm Rhum Baba

Sax

Oopa

saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Gosh well in that case I had better order something crisp, cold, dry and white with bubbles in it PDQ as I can't possibly start a holiday without that. And a nice seafoody appetiser to go with it.
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Not sure re seafood starter!! Have you a tip? Love idea something crisp & cold & thats not me coming out of the sea brrrrrrrr

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Oh I'd be happy with some sizzling garlic prawns to be honest. Fish best kept simple if you ask me. Or some spaghetti alle vongole (little clams) - again I like it at its simplest - just a bit of garlic, chilli, olive oil, parsley, spalsh of white wine, plenty of salt. Heaven.
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Since you're ordering.....spinach parcels and a large glass of mythos beer for me! drunken drunken

Aw sad news Vonnee, keep your chin up, it's tough out there in the job market. Eldest went back to uni last weekend, she's moved into a house with 7 friends in Selly Oak. To think this time last year I was in pieces because she was going, and she absolutely loves it! Smile
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Littlebear wrote:Oh I'd be happy with some sizzling garlic prawns to be honest.
mmmmm...nom nom nom!
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Not keen on prawns!! Never tried little clams!!Hate oysters never tried scollops!! Love dressed crab mmm or tuna/swordfish!
Looking out overa harbour front sunshine & gentle breeze gorgeous lunch/drinks with friends! not rushed meal then a gentle walk & afternoon siesta-Bliss

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum