Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:03 pm

I do enjoy Rick Stein. I am glad mom got her hunch right re Downton I finally watched! Oh how boring and nice for Mary to be happy and have a sister that has forgiven her. Poor Edith why,why is she always the fall girl? Middle child syndrome? Spratton as agony aunt thou how superb! Now I could see this as a series with Edith and Spratton in. Now Spratton out of the way it allows Barrow to be Butler for the Dowager. It's still loose ends as I expected Daisy to want more and leave service and for Tom to find love with another from a working background too.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re Other TV programmes you either like or loathe?

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:11 pm

What a great idea Sax - Barrow becomes butler to the Dowager - good thinking.
I thought that Daisy might hook up with the Footman - who obviously really wants to be a Farmer and seems quite interested in her - they could run the farm with Mr Mason? or perhaps she will want to be a teacher?
On the subject of Edith - I keep thinking that Michael Gregson might come back from the dead? I don't think they ever found a body - that would be a plot twist and a half......with Mary out of the way, she is obviously going to feature prominently in the Christmas Special.........................I really can't wait to watch it!!!!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 pm

Couldn't really put this anywhere else so I'll post it here. Had a re watch of the utterly whacky film A Knight's Tale with the late Heath. Ledger. Apart from the brilliant "We will Rock You" scene at the start, I love the upbeat group dance in the film. Sort of a madrigal,come,
Gavotte, come Hokey Cokey, come whatever that gets wilder and dafter as it goes . Great fun. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hi8IWqic0U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1_WbhGmpTw
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:51 am

It's a good film and a reminder Heath Ledger died to early,tragic waste of talent. Wonder if the pro dancers might use this one Saturday? Or the dance from Spamalot
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:44 pm

Knights Tale.
One of my all time favourite films. Lost count how many times I've seen it. Anyone who doesn't like it 'needs a good fogging!'.

One of my favourite bits is where the boys have just decided to quit and go home, and Jocelyn's maid appears and asks what outfit William's going to wear to the ball. Mark Addy starts describing the tent behind Heath Ledger, including the toggles holding the opening of the tent open.

Lots of one liners - 'Better a girl with a flower than a boy with a horse and stick'
'hello - it's a lance'

and the Nike type marks the female blacksmith engraves into the armour as her trademark.

not to mention James Purefoy when Heath's in the stocks being pelted with veg saying that his historian had discovered that Heath was from a ancient line of knights and that his word was 'beyond all con-tes-ta-tion'

Also loved Rufus Sewell in a series where he was an Italian lawyer. Can't remember the name of it but it ended on a cliff hanger and looked set for a second series which didn't materialise. Rufus was great in Tristan & Isolde as the English King alongside James Franco as Tristan and David Tennant's girlfriend as Isolde. Isolde's servant was the Irish actress who was in the chip van in the film 'Commitments'.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:18 pm

B4p wrote:
Rufus was great in Tristan & Isolde as the English King alongside James Franco as Tristan and David Tennant's girlfriend as Isolde. Isolde's servant was the Irish actress who was in the chip van in the film 'Commitments'.

I have the DVD Tristan and Isolde and like Rufus Sewell. I like Mark Strong who is also in it. It got a bit let down in its choice of a hero in James Franco. Too pretty and wimpish for a battling warrior and a champion of single combat. He wouldn't last five minutes in reality. Wink
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Mark Strong makes an excellent baddie. He's up to no good in Russell Crowes Robin Hood, and has been in so many costume dramas. i notice they often use his voice on commentaries as well.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:51 pm

Also liked William Rush playing Walsingham the Spymaster in 'Elizabeth' played by Kate Blanchett who I think is a great actress
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:12 pm

B4p wrote:Mark Strong makes an excellent baddie. He's up to no good in Russell Crowes Robin Hood, and has been in so many costume dramas. i notice they often use his voice on commentaries as well.

I like Mark Strong in almost everything he's done from a darkly sinister bad guy in Body of Lies, to Mr Knightly to Kate Beckinsale's Emma and a moody spy in Tinker,Tailor, Soldier, Spy. ( I also have the Robin Hood D.V.D. in which Cate Blanchet was brilliant) Very good actor.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:04 am

Anyone else watching the Great Pottery throw-down? I wasn't expecting to like it, thought it'd just be a poor imitation of the Bake-off. But actually, I'm totally hooked now. It's fascinating to see the different methods of potting (?) and glazing, and the cheerful competitiveness between the potters (all amateurs). The judges are very much their own people, no attempt to imitate other shows. One of the judges is a big cuddly bear of a man, and if he really likes a piece then he starts crying...sounds naff but it's quite moving to see someone so wrapped up in their craft. Some of the pieces they produce are gorgeous too (it's not just pots, they've had to make things like a wash-basin, and decorated tiles, and last night showed a different way of glazing which looked quite dangerous). Anyway, if anyone's interested in pottery or art, it's worth a watch.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:09 pm

I hadn't seen it no. I'd seen the programme advertised and for a second had that famous scene from "Ghost" in my head and dismissed it.

Enjoying the comments of Lady "Jungle" from im a celebrity! Hilarious with "use your knife and fork dear" whilst trying to eat a cochroach!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Tango - Just going bcd to Kate Blanchett. She's on at 18.25 tonight in her spy film Charlotte Gray. Another good film.

I'm not planning on watching any jungle escapades until they change the tired format. Plus doesn't it clash with the Apprentice? I need my weekly dose of delusionals.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Jungle ill record delusionals ill watch Very Happy. I'm not keen on Jack Dee as after show host I miss Dara Neutral
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Looking forward to starting War and Peace later. I have been enjoying Endeavour on a Sunday night. Not too sure about the new Call The Midwife series opening episode,a budding romance for one midwife with another midwife's ex fiance! Also a convenient new lodging room for the love of another midwife and how will they hide their lesion relationship? A little all too sweet and gentile.

Just caught up with the Bond film Spectre not as good I felt as sky fall and thought Daniel the fabu-u-lus darling one looked a little jaded? Time for a new Bond?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:35 am

Love The Musketeers, but get totally cheesed off when it's knocked out every other week by the football. Why not start the series later in the year, rather than the knit-one-pearl-one-drop-one style they've got so far? I've decided to binge on catch-up TV so I can at least keep a vague idea of who's who and what the general plots are. I read somewhere that this is the last series too.

Enjoying the tennis, and looking forward to a summer of sport with the Olympics. Watching the re-runs of The Thin Blue Line with Rowan Atkinson and a stella cast. Constable Goody deserves a Bafta just for his facial expressions.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:54 pm

Loving the Victoria drama and have to record Poldark! Enjoying hidden treasure anyone else watching it?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:03 am

I was watching Victoria but missed an episode somewhere. I think Albert's brother looks more like Albert. Also started watching Ripper Street again.
Did anyone watch Colin Morgan in The Living & The Dead recently? Thought it was cleverly written on so many levels. Looking forward to The Apprentice starting soon. Not watched any Poldark. Can't stop thinking of Aiden as the vampire in that other series where he shared a house with a ghost and a werewolf.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:16 pm

Loved Aiden in Being Human and the Ralphealite series..... Ripper Street ill catch up on, missed the living and the dead
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:23 pm

Can recommend The Living & The Dead sax. A ghost story with lots of forward and backward twists. Colin & his co-star play a blinder
B4p

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:33 am

Just wanted to say that I've just finished watching 'Cabaret' on BBC2 - haven't seen it for years. Still just as good as ever................... welcome, bienvenue welkom.............. bounce bounce

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic View next topic Back to top