Post  saxonsiren on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:25 pm

I agree awwww indeed Very Happy Wallflower

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  Sid on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Vincent cracks me up!

Interesting training footage. Denise looks very strong in both dances. They're a nice contrast as well - sharp, dramatic Tango followed by a soft, romantic Rhumba.

I hope Dani's Argentine Tango improves drastically by Saturday Shocked
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Im sure it will Sid! Danni always pulls a performance out of the bag!!
I think each couple according to Ian had a good dance & one to work on!! Do you think Erin will win the pro dance?

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:09 pm

I think Boagy will do it, yes!
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:55 am

saxonsiren wrote:I loved tonights ITT!!! Didn't Rod Stewart look well!! A hard competion in guess Penny's pins!! Mind you I still feel Rod enjoyed the legs!! Great to hear Rod's singing on the Christmas Special.We also had a double Ian Waite's helping!! Loved his comments on all the couples.He always explains with a movement of his own! I agree re his comment we don't often get to see DvO's excellent foot work! Maybe a hint to the BBC from fans re dodgy camera work!!
Ooh Vincent so cute I wanted to eat him!!! sorry Sid!! re his pro challenge!! & the eyebrow challenge between him & Zoe!!!! I so long for an hour long SCD!!! & a post SCD show please please Very Happy

Sax

I got all of Penny's legs wrong too but I don't feel too bad knowing that Rod did as well! The eyebrows were lol! but don't be making Sid jealous now!!!!
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:58 am

Sid wrote:I think Boagy will do it, yes!

Oh I hope she does, don't think she's ever gonna win the glitter ball now Crying or Very sad

Was interested in Natalie asking for a ballroom challenge next year, what might that be I wonder?
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:03 am

I hope Erin wins too!! Vincent advised Flavia might be a challenger.BTW how does one get to do one eyebrow only!!! I cannot do it!!! Ive tried!!! If there had of been a camera I think it would of been on crimewatch!!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Flavia won the pro challenge!!! Artem pulled up by injury & Pasha so close!!! Thought the training clips all looked good tonight!! I wasn't keen re the cheesey VT for Robin & Lisa!!! Costumes look good & DvO requested tangerine!!! Hope the fake tan isn't overdone!!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:47 pm

I could be wrong Sax, but thought that it was Lisa who asked for the tangerine - presumably for the salsa? Question

One thing you've got to say about the girl, she isn't too shy to flaunt it and stand out from the crowd. Most larger ladies of my acquaintance only get as far as having a bit of appliqued sparkle on what are usually all black outfits - even for party time!

Really enjoyed ITT over the last couple of nights. I think Ian Waite has been an absolute STAR this series and hope he's a permanent fixture on future series ITT. king
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Totally agree Lilia! Ian Waite has been a sheer delight this year!!! Maybe a male presenter for ITT if Zoe wished for a break!? Ooh now Im thinking who said Tangerine please!!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:19 pm

saxonsiren wrote: Ooh now Im thinking who said Tangerine please!!!

Sax

I think it was for Lisa but I'm not 100%. Was it for her Salsa dress?
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Yes, it was Lisa. But not total tangerine, there is colour blocking with two other colours. The best bit is they are doing THIN fringe rather than car wash brush.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:29 pm

What is the difference between a thin fringe & a car wash brush Hatlady please? I know the designer goes on about sequins & crystals & all hand sewn however I don't recall being advised re different fringes! Sorry if its off topic.

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Flavia's shocking pink number last week had thin fringe...much more delicate and doesn't add volume.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:08 pm

I recall the dress ty I can now visualise the difference! Once again your fashion critique spot on & sligjtly in awe of you

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:20 am

Sax, you give me too much credit. Thin fringe is my own description, not official technical language. When the costume lady and Julian MacDonald talk about it, they talk about how the individual pieces are put on by hand rather than the layers and layers that make the carwash brush effect that we had under the rip-away blue dress Lisa wore the previous week.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:40 am

It is how you convey to others the difference between dresses,styles & what suits a persons body style! Yes the designer advises on SCD re hand sewn etc however it comes across as blah,blah.Where I grasp & understand your comments! So credit where credit is due Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:47 am

saxonsiren wrote:It is how you convey to others the difference between dresses,styles & what suits a persons body style! Yes the designer advises on SCD re hand sewn etc however it comes across as blah,blah.Where I grasp & understand your comments! So credit where credit is due Very Happy

Sax

Agreed, as soon as you mentioned Flavia's dress I understood what you meant, and totally agree that it would be far better on Lisa. Given her natural volume I wonder why they weren't going with this style from the beginning. Was it to make her hip action look more pronounced?
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:59 pm

My impression, on the whole, is that the aim from the beginning has been: Lisa is a big girl, let us not pretend otherwise, in fact let's highlight it and make her even bigger (think panto dame). While one cannot say that it has been flattering to Lisa, it is true that she has the personality to match this concept and has embraced it. I think she may feel safer being over the top, a sort of mask. Rumba week was very hard for her and Robin. They played it straight. The costume was not OTT. She had no place to hide. The judges comments confirmed that they prefer her doing the panto dame bit. I read the other day that Dawn French is buying up all her costumes to have in her dressing up box.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Has B.runo been listening to us!? He mentioned not a point between the four finalists!!! & he wished he had HALF a POINT!!! We have been suggesting this for ages!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Has B.runo been listening to us!? He mentioned not a point between the four finalists!!! & he wished he had HALF a POINT!!! We have been suggesting this for ages!!

Sax

I think it's because B.runo was abe to use half marks when judging on DWTS, Sax. I have a feeling they may well introduce it here at some point. On the French version of Strictly they give two marks - one for technique and one for interpretation. I'd welcome either system.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:32 pm

So would I Sid! The two sets of scorings! I wonder if we could lobby the BBC about it!! Some other SCD shows around the world have introduced street dance & Rap into the routines to keep SCD evolving!! Can I go back in History & have the celebs dance in the era of Darcey & Miss Bennett please just once!!!
Vincent in those trousers at the time be handsome

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Can you imagine Johnny Ball or Jerry Hall doing hip hop! Shocked

Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:47 pm

I can imagine them doing Hop Scotch!! Does that count!?

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Wish me luck! My daughter (my biggest Little Bear), E, aged 5, is very keen at both dancing and drawinf and loves FlaviA. She drew a lovely, glittery picture of Flavia tonight and I have emailed it to ITT in the hope they'll show it to Flavia and E will get some kind of response. It would make her so happy. Keep everything crossed for us!
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top