Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  LOST-TANGO on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:55 am

Your eternal dance lover, I actually nodded off somewhere in last night's ITT. Not sure if I should feel ashamed or what.....but I don't. Wink
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:33 pm

LOST-TANGO wrote:Your eternal dance lover, I actually nodded off somewhere in last night's ITT. Not sure if I should feel ashamed or what.....but I don't. Wink

If it was during Rory's interview, you're forgiven LT tongue

Feel bad that I'm picking on him now. Doing an impression might just be Rory's way of coping with nerves. Who knows!

Dave - I did tweet Hilary about ITT, but no reply Sad

(((Fifty))) - In my opinion, Claudia is best suited to a more intimate setting like ITT. Whenever she's fronted a larger show, I've found all the things I like about her disappear.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Sid wrote:In my opinion, Claudia is best suited to a more intimate setting like ITT. Whenever she's fronted a larger show, I've found all the things I like about her disappear.
That's a very astute observation, Sid and quite right, I think. She didn't have quite the same appeal on her Channel 4 show.

It's my understanding that C laudia will eventually come back to ITT, although I don't know where I got that from. scratch

Well, I like Rory Bremner's impressions. He does them, I think, because it's expected of him and it makes people around him laugh. It's also a bit of light relief because he does get frustrated with himself - a lot!
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Well I am not minding Zoe to much but she's not a patch on Claudia in my view - was it just me, or was there something odd about Karen' s teeth last night - she seemed to have too much of them or something. As for the walking talking horror that is Zandra Rhodes, oh dearie me, what does she look like. Words fail me.
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Post  LOST-TANGO on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:31 pm

The Chelseee child is taking to dance like a duck-billed platypus to water. She's a natural mover and seems to be picking it all up very quickly. I'm beginning to warm to her, despite those lips and
built in water wings. Of course, I don't believe for one minute the theory that she saw a lot of dance as a young baby because her mother used to take her along to class and, because she had no pram, gave her a big wet kiss then stuck her on the window outside to watch. That's rather ludicrous....I think.... clown

LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:24 pm

I'm really warming to Harry. He's showing more personality and I like that he doesn't take himself too seriously. I think that's as close as we're going to get to an apology from Aliona!

I'm not sure about Broadway week. It sounds like too many couples are shoehorning the theme into routines. I'd prefer themes to be scrapped if dances no longer resemble what they are supposed to (e.g. Brendan & Lulu's Rhumba).

Chelsee's Cha Cha looks very, very good.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:19 am

I really like Harry and I love that concentrating face! I love you
Loved the sneaky peak into wardrobe- just one thing missing- HILARY!!
flower flower

allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:41 pm

LOST-TANGO wrote:The Chelseee child is taking to dance like a duck-billed platypus to water. She's a natural mover and seems to be picking it all up very quickly. I'm beginning to warm to her, despite those lips and built in water wings. Of course, I don't believe for one minute the theory that she saw a lot of dance as a young baby because her mother used to take her along to class and, because she had no pram, gave her a big wet kiss then stuck her on the window outside to watch. That's rather ludicrous....I think.... clown
Ha ha, LT. Your appraisal tickled my funnybone no end. Laughing
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  LOST-TANGO on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Despite my fun at Chelsee's expense, her crimes against everything above waist level in general, and the English language in particular; power to the girl's elbow. She's one very serious contender to grab the glitter ball and there's no jest in that. She has great fast, neat feet, boundless energy, a complete lack of inhibition and a natural agility to move gracefully. If she listens to her teacher then it will take someone very good indeed to beat her. Go girl.
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:11 pm

I like Zoe but wish she'd give the guests chance to answer her machine gun style questions - or are they just rhetorical? Exhausting!

A shame the Friday panel only had time to cover 3-4 of the couples. It would be fun to guess which couple were dancing to a particular song. With some of the bizarre choices, that may not be as easy as you might first think. I look forward to one day seeing the singers on ITT.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  kate on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:42 pm

What did others think of Dr Pamela tonight? I prefer her in funny woman mode to psychologist mode personally.

I don't Kristina was being flirtatious with Jason by swinging her legs - I think she's just flirtatious anyway. I agree that Jason is really focussed and competitive - it's one of the reasons I can't take to him at the moment. I can't see Flavia turning out Russell-sized! Laughing I'd have thought it was easy for her to work with a big personality like Russell, since he's so enthusiastic and eager to learn, so she doesn't have to inject any energy into their relationship.
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:55 pm

I quite liked Pamela's segment. OK she stated the obvious at times, and read too much into other behaviours, but it was something new and gave some food for thought Smile
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:07 am

When Pamela said that people overeat because they are dominated in a relationship I turned to my husband and we couldn't stop laughing. I'm always struggling with my size!
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  LOST-TANGO on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:32 pm

I just know I'm about to get severely hold me take me for this, but ITT is doing nothing for me right now. It's all hustle, bustle and gush. I'm missing Claudia mixing deadpan humour with lunacy in favour of Zoe's constant giggling at fresh air. Of course the irritating combination of Housewives choice (who I normally admire greatly) and Miss Spaghetti Bolognaise 1980, didn't help tonight. Housewives choice's even stopped shaving; must be to impress Nancy McPhee with his macho look. Don't go there Housewives choice.

And Silver tongued Italian Stallion talking Italian to her on Sunday, what's that about? We have half a country filled with Italian chefs, Italian fashion designers, Italian footballers, Italian restaurants and Italian calebreties all giving it the "Evening in Roma" treatment. If it's so very great, what are they all doing over here? Let's hope an "Arivaderci" is due for at least one of them next week.

Buck up ITT, there's something missing badly in the show right now.
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  kate on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:23 pm

LOST-TANGO wrote:I just know I'm about to get severely hold me take me for this...
What was that autotext? Haven't seen that one before scratch Rude word???

Anyway, I wanted to say I'm inclined to agree, Tango, that ITT's not quite working at the moment - and tonight in particular. I think they've tried to re-invent the show with Zoe joining and changed things around. Apart from missing Claudia's wit, it seems a bit hit and miss to me at the mo.

Some Hits:
Waite's Wednesday Warm-Up is good - wish it could have a bit more time, actually.
Dancers in Disguise is a fun featurette. But the Friday Who-Am-I one is too easy!

And Misses:
Points of You seems pointless to me.
I'm not a fashion fan, but I don't get the point of reviewing the frocks after the event. At least there was the element of sneak preview when they were discussed beforehand.
Having said on another thread that I like the VTs on ITT, the funny ones have been very thin on the ground for the past week. Where's the witty VT editor gone?

I suppose the overall impression I get of the show depends a lot on which couples are on. Strangely, I found myself wishing Nancy had been talking to Zoe on her own tonight, without A.nton there.
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Ooooh I feel the opposite, I'm beginning to miss C.laudia less and less (especially the ditsy act, which was becoming wearisome).

I thought tonight's show flowed really well (apart from A.nton talking over everyone). I could have listened to Karen talk choreography all night.

And with only two couples being interviewed, things didn't feel as rushed.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  LOST-TANGO on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:16 pm

[quote="kate"]
LOST-TANGO wrote:I just know I'm about to get severely hold me take me for this...
What was that autotext? Haven't seen that one before scratch Rude word???/quote]

The word was c.a.s.t.ig.a.t.e.d. Kate. . Don't quite see the connection with the auto?
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Thanks for clearing that up LT- I did wonder what you could possibly have written to cause such an autochange! Wink
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:27 pm

Well, where to start - oh yes I know, told ya.

Zoe B - breathless wannabee ingenue.

Sid, anyone who thinks that Ms Karen Me Me - brightens up an otherwise dull programme has, in my humble opin, lost the plot completely ! No No No

Haven't watched a single one - haven't missed a thing.......

Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:11 am

I'm still sitting on the fence a bit about ITT - early days yet, and Claud left giant stilettos to fill.

There's some new features I could live without, especially Points of You and Dr Pam. And agree with Kate about the noticeable lack of funny VTs. Last weeks abridged Friday panel was disappointing too.

Overall I think Zoe's doing OK. Only place where I find her a bit disappointing is the celeb interviews. Claud had a knack of appearing to ask questions from the top of her head, and appearing to be really interested, whereas Zoe is a bit more Tess-like in reading from her set question card. That's no problem with good-talkers like Russell, but can mean rather stilted interviews with some of the others. I noticed last week that Harry in particular was being so carefully diplomatic that he didn't really say much - imo Claud would've gone off script and dragged something more out of him. I'm also disappointed that Jasons funny side hasn't shown up in the interviews yet - I think Claud would've 'let him loose' a bit more. But I already feel a bit mean saying all that as Claud had the advantage of years of practice, and had got off-scripting down to a fine art.

Personally I'd give the show a 7 at the moment, but expect Zoe to grow into the role pretty quickly. She's already stopped the fidgeting, just wish she'd slow her talking down a wee bit.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:14 am

For me what is lacking in ITT this year is the element of really having a sneaky peek behind the scenes...what I mean is, before, it felt as though things were revealed on the show- the dance during the week, then the music and outfits at the end of the week- I really miss the good old Friday panel! I like Waite's Wednesday warm up, I'm one of the few who doesn't mind Karen Hardy, but there's not much humour in the show overall. Our lovely kooky Claud is a hard act to fill but where is the equivalent of the dance mat game for example? That was hilarious last year.

Anyway I still like it enough to watch, but not quite so gutted if I miss one or two. Se-ven! from me

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:26 am

I am sorry to say that 6.30 viewing of ITT has been removed from my pleasure. I tried the first few programmes but something is missing? Karen well i cannot abide she whitters on full of teeth and smiles yet why does she make me feel like a frozen fish finger! when watching? Agree with Mslightfoot on thoughts of Karen

Miss Claud's dances with The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman! Zoe i just cannot get over the hello its breathe itt breathe more and on it goes!

I miss the banter and the sheer what will claud ask the guests! I know for every show a new presenter will find it tough and eventually settles down and finds their little niche on the programme i just think that Zoe hasn't found her feet/banter yet

Maybe a weekly guest presenter would have kept it fresh and fun?

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:49 pm

As has been said, it is very difficult to fill Claudia's shoes and Zoe must be extremely aware of this. Tonight I thought she didn't look quite so confident. But she got Harry talking and Lulu, in fact Lulu too much and Zoe got a bit panicky as she was over-running. Claudia managed to keep calm when running out of time, although I do remember her also having to gallop through the agenda at times, but without the panic.

I wish Zoe all the best with this undertaking although her fawning over Ian is grating a bit. I'm wondering if she exaggerates it because she feels comfortable with him which off-sets her nerves. But her hair looked better tonight. Smile
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm ok with Zoe not being Claud - who could be? But what I'M not ok about is the stuff that seems to have left ITT stashed in the Godessy one's shoe boxes....

I can do without Leery The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman and his dancing with Clauds - it could be crying with laughter funny at times but it wouldn't it just wouldn't work with anyone except her Claudianess. Ian Waite's Warm up is a great replacement and given Zoe's rapport with him it works really well. I also don't miss the ask The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman thing.

BUT....

Where's the PROPER Friday Panel with previews of the dresses and music and comment from the Tabloid love fodder on the sofa? This half assed fashion follow-up four days after the event with Oonagh and a fashion designer is just lame. Lamer than lame in fact. Oonagh is pretty good - knows her stuff and full of knowledgable facts about the cossies. But I want this info BEFORE the Sat show (ie on Friday) NOT several days later. And so far all the designers have been absolute rubbishy commentators - nobody touches mad Hilary from the Telegraph. Bring her back. Please!

Where are all the little funny VTs that used to exit the show? I don't need to see Zoe pat the last guest on the knee and say thanks...

Where are the Glitter ball questions for the pros and the Tabloid love fodder?

Where is the funny game like the piano dancing from last year?

Where is the snoop around the pros and Tabloid love fodder houses? (ok, I'm not that bothered by that, but it makes them a bit more human).

They had some really good stuff on ITT and they needed to keep to the tried and tested when throwing a new presenter in at the deep end - not get rid of it all and start new stuff...

So, Zoe ok inasmuch as she is the best stiletto filler we could hope for even if she is not Clauds herself - I think having done it herself is a HUGE plus and I think she will bed down as the series progresses. But content of ITT NOT ok.

I wonder if the producers care and will take note?
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:11 pm

The pros dressed up as animals is not as funny as them trying to beat various dance based machines. Wonderful to watch them get their feet tied in knots.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top