Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  David Tee on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:34 pm

hatlady28 wrote:The pros dressed up as animals is not as funny as them trying to beat various dance based machines. Wonderful to watch them get their feet tied in knots.

I'm really crap at guessing who it is. I was convinced the last one was Brendan, but it turned out to be Flavia!

Loving Zoe btw...
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:11 pm

I'm glad the fabu-u-lus darling one was given the opportunity to elaborate on his comments. I've never believed that he makes things personal (even when he's ripping apart my favourites!). He's extremely blunt but it's with reference to the performance, not an attack on the individual.

Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:54 am

Sid wrote:I'm glad the fabu-u-lus darling one was given the opportunity to elaborate on his comments. I've never believed that he makes things personal (even when he's ripping apart my favourites!). He's extremely blunt but it's with reference to the performance, not an attack on the individual.

I think he appreciated beeing given the chance to explain himself. Did you see his tweet yesterday about how ge gets a chance to sppeak on ITT? Sounded from the heart to me (and I thought it was well justified).

HL - don't despair! The dance mat challenge thingies didn't start 'til much later in the series. Plenty of time for them.

[/quote]

Last edited by Littlebear on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorting out my quotes!)
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 am

I think Zoe's doing a splendid job. Think she is particularly good with Nancy.

At this stage of the competition there are so many couples still in that, by the time you've packed in an interview with all of them and previewed their training, there's not very much time left in a week. The "fun" stuff (which I always think of as fillers tbh) will start soon enough.

ITT is about the show, not the presenter, and I enjoy it just as much as I did before.
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:46 am

Sorry to disagree Fifty, but it is all about the presenter; unless the presenter can make what is really a stocking filler programme, interesting; what's the point, nobody needs to watch ITT in order to enjoy the SCD experience, it's just supposed to be the gossipy side of things but, unfortunately ZB makes it look uninteresting and therefore, for fans like me, no point in watching it, it just makes everyone look a bit desperate.
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:07 pm

I did see C.raig's tweet Liittlebear - I sent him one similar to my post on here yesterday. Maybe he got quite a bit if support and responded Smile

The viewing figures for ITT are steadily improving week by week. 1.8 million watched at the start of the series, and 2.2 million are watching now. I'm not sure whether that reflects a growing interest in Strictly in general, or whether viewers are warming more to Zoe. She's certainly not causing people to turn off in their droves though.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Mslightfoot wrote:Sorry to disagree Fifty, but it is all about the presenter; unless the presenter can make what is really a stocking filler programme, interesting; what's the point, nobody needs to watch ITT in order to enjoy the SCD experience, it's just supposed to be the gossipy side of things but, unfortunately ZB makes it look uninteresting and therefore, for fans like me, no point in watching it, it just makes everyone look a bit desperate.

But if you haven't seen a single one, as you claim, then how can you say Zoe makes it look uninteresting?

I agree that the presenter needs to make the programme interesting but the format of the programme holds up well on its own and, given Zoe's experience on live tv, she is a good choice and holds it together well (in my view).

How are you enjoying the main programme MsL? I must say I was totally underwhelmed by Hallowe'en night last year so hoping this year will be better. For once I will be watching the show live so I might even vote!
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi Fifty; I do feel bad about the whole ITT thing, I haven't watched a single one and know that I am guilty of what I'm always telling friends and family, you should give somebody a chance, but with ZB, even though I appreciated her as a contestant, the girl could dance, I still couldn't bear to listen to her being interviewed, she just such a luvvie !

The main show is extremely erratic, I wish they would go back to having the week split into two styles, with one latin dance completed by one half of the dancers and one ballroom by the other, it's all over the place, the props are completely out of control and the standing ovations, inane clapping, faux bickering and the fabu-u-lus darling one bashing is all becoming a little bit panto. The themed nights are for me seriously yuk, if I recall last year's halloween, for me, it was the worst night on SCD I'd ever seen.

To be honest there are moments when I look at my watch and think, not to worry Merlin will be on in a minute; now that is just too sad - perhaps the glitterball's magic is wearing off - how is it for you?
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Oh I pretty much go with the flow.

I'm enjoying the same things I always enjoy - getting to know the c.elebrities, having my preconceptions totally quoshed (Chelsee), crying with them when they leave (Rory), sharing their journeys and seeing their egos deflate as they realise how much harder it is than they thought it would be and just how much they are enjoying it. People watching at its best.

I also enjoy watching the pros execute their art - stunning.

Some bits I find naff - the themed nights, the props, the "making a square peg of a dance fit into a round hole of music".

But I tend to get used to most things and focus on the best bits. I actually think ITT is a part of the whole package (I know you disagree) because you get the post elimination interview which gives each couple closure.

Good old fashioned Saturday night telly for me. My only gripe is that it's on too early; I never sit down to watch tv before 7pm so I'm always playing catch up and usually too late to vote.
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Overall, I agree with you, still would prefer having it than not, perhaps I'm not enjoying it so much because I'm missing out on ITT - something to ponder, maybe I'll work on irrational dislikes of people I don't know Wink

I do agree though, 6.30pm is, by any standard, early - and whilst I know it is still, Hello, Good evening, Ladies, Gentlemen and children - let's be honest the content sometimes cannot be for that market, because the costumes certainly are not, and if this was a programme aimed at children, B.R.uno would have to have his mouth, and various other body parts, taped shut or together, whichever the relevant body part was Rolling Eyes
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Give yourself a treat and watch it tonight then. Actually, scrap that, it's Karen Hardy tonight but try tomorrow, it's Waite's Wednesday warm up which is generally quite good.
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:26 pm

I am finding Zoe much more bearable than I expected. In fact I'm enjoying the show as much as I did the last series. There were quite a lot of posts last year about stuff that was going wrong with ITT and I feel that many of the ways in which is not perfect were just as much there last year with Claudia as they are now. It's not perfect but it's still an ejoyable addition to the show. I thought I'd miss Claudia enormously but I find that I don't.

I really enjoyed last night's show - lots of CRH, good interviews, Rory having a weep (sniff!) and Pammie saying that Nansy was beyond psychological analysis!
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:43 pm

I'm still signed up to watching ITT. I do find Zoe's breathless style of talking a little irritating at times, but almost blank it out now.

I'm missing the kookiness of Claud, but think if someone had to stand in for her, Zoe has most of the right credentials and you can see she loves Strictly, which infuses her pieces with a genuineness. All in all I feel she is making as good a job as she could, given the material she has, and given the cult of Claudia!

What I don't like about ITT - and thought we had seen the last of it - is so called 'special guests' such as Chris de Burgh coming on, admitting/demonstrating they don't watch the show and then going straight in for the mega plug for their latest tour/albumn/whatever! I was spitting feathers!

Where's Pauline Quirke, Marian Keyes and the other Strictly lovers? There's even plenty of former Strictly celebs who could come on and talk as knowledgably as CdeB could on the Friday Panel.
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Watched tonight and noticed something. C.laudia had a wonderful yappy sheepdog quality, herding the sheep-like guests, not allowing them to go off-topic. Often her funniest lines were those she used to jerk the conversation back on track. The line would be thrown away as she would race on to the next question.

Zoe is not as clever nor as quick, however, this means she lets the guests run on. Tonight we got a fun scene with A.nton and Nancy. C.laudia would never have let that happen. In the end, it may be that Zoe is better at letting the guests shine.
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:15 pm

More scenes like that and there's a serious danger of people spotting Nancy's likeable side!
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Good observation hatlady Smile

I think both girls have different strengths. I got more laughs from Claudia, but I get more insight into guests from Zoe.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Having said I don't like Nancy or A nton after seeing their odd behaviour whilst training, they came across rather differently on ITT tonight. It just shows how selected video clips can influence the viewer. Mad I still think that it's their turn to leave because it's come to the point where better dancers are being voted off and especially when they've put so much into it and are devasted to go. No Did anyone notice how nonchalant Nancy appeared as the results were being announced, almost as if she was bored with the whole proceedings. Rolling Eyes
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:51 am

I still enjoy watching ITT even though some bits (who's te dancer etc) are a bit naff - but I do enjoy all the backstage stuff and the interviews - personally I think Housewives choice looks like he woulld cheerfuly strangle Nancy -and can barely hide it - Mrs Connoly was right she defies anallyses. Oh and she really, really cant' dance, not even Housewives choice can disguise she has no rythm om empathy with the music. Should have been ong gone IMO - will miss Rory as well.
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:44 am

OK, I took your advice, I watched it; I forgot what you said about Ms Me Me being on on Tuesday, and unfortunately, tuned in right at her bit, shockingly I found myself, rubber necking affraid Zoe was not in control of her at all, and her display of how Alex should stand if she wanted to look like a sexy woman through the medium of dance was like a lesson in how not to walk through a red light area ! I managed to find the willpower to turn off after that but valiantly (IMHO) gave it another go last night and this is what I found.

ZB is trying desperately hard to be Claudia - the inflection in her turn of phrase, the fringe the heels, she's managed to look like a female impersonator; she has completely lost herself in the Ghost of Claudmas Past.

The section with Ian was truely horrible and her begging for applause for bending her knees was a little needy.

I think it would be fair to say, no, it's not for me, it has lost its sparkle, what a shame. Sad

Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:17 am

Mslightfoot wrote:
ZB is trying desperately hard to be Claudia - the inflection in her turn of phrase, the fringe the heels, she's managed to look like a female impersonator; she has completely lost herself in the Ghost of Claudmas Past.

Agree, there's lots of similarities between the two, in presentation style, fashion, hair etc. I don't know enough about Zoe to know whether that's coincidence or impersonation. But on the positive, I think the element of familiarity is probably why there hasn't been mass mutiny from ITT (in fact, viewing figures seem to be on the rise).
ITT doesn't have quite the same sparkle for me, but am still finding it watchable, although the inclusion of Widdy, Dr Pam, some rubbish guests and naff bits like Points of You are, imo, a shame.

Am increasingly annoyed that Jason isn't showing his lighter side. He was such a witty and genuinely funny bloke in the Jungle, but seems to be treating Strictly as a matter of life and death. There was a brief glimpse of his humour last night, and then he closed it down again. I'd like him to win, but he's not doing himself any favours at all in interviews. I do think Claud was able to bring out the lighter side in interviewees quicker than Zoe, although Zoe is definitely improving in her interviews, and is less glued to her question card.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:18 am

Mslightfoot wrote:

I think it would be fair to say, no, it's not for me, it has lost its sparkle, what a shame. Sad

Do you know MsL, I watched it last night through your eyes and it was pretty dire. So I'm glad you're no longer going to watch it!
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:25 am

fiftynotout wrote:
Do you know MsL, I watched it last night through your eyes and it was pretty dire. So I'm glad you're no longer going to watch it!

Meeeyooowwww! clown clown clown
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:30 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

well i haven't watched ITT as often due to fact its changed too much...Ian looked quite lean this year and i felt a little pale! Or is that the natural colour after years of fake tan?

Sorry but less format less content same fringe in eyes have made ITT no longer a compulsive view!

anyone still watching the awful red button Muppets?

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:39 am

Well I think I must be the only one watching ITT who actually likes Zoe Ball (except perhaps you, fiftynotout). I always have. OK so she's different from Claudia Winkleman who was fantastic, but she was never going to be the same so all this weeping and wailing over the difference is totally beside the point. The Beeb were also always going to give the show a makeover of sorts to suit whoever was the new host. Personally, I think they could have done a lot worse. After Claudia, Zoe - in the words of You can call me Sir from now on Forsythe - is my favourite! So There!!! Cool Cool Cool
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:06 pm

I'm loving Zoe too Twirlie Smile

I couldn't ask for a better replacement.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top