Who's missing ?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who's missing ?

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Just wondering who we hadn't heard from much for a while but who used to be a prolific poster and why - have we driven them away ? Were they put off by the colossal sexual tension and flirting ? Do they have (dare I say it) better things to do ?

So who have we lost ?

Fc was prolific to start off and then vanished. PPG has problems posting from work. Any others ?

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Who's missing ?

Post  kate on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Are you going to send out a search party Sir?
I got the impression it went a bit quiet around this stage last year on the beeb boards - possibly people too busy watching gross bush-tucker trials?
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:12 pm

kate wrote:Are you going to send out a search party Sir?
I got the impression it went a bit quiet around this stage last year on the beeb boards - possibly people too busy watching gross bush-tucker trials?

Could be. I've never intentionally watched a single minute of that show though so it's not me. Perhaps some of the regular posters on here are actually contestants on it though - that Kytiara is the spitting image of Gillian McKeith, or to give her her full title Gillian McKeith.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:04 am

.....maybe its because we have to refer to you as Creature of beauty and wonderment.......... lol! lol!

or maybe its cause we are really really busy......like moi lol! lol! doubt its the sexual tension hot sex please cause we all like a bit of that lol! lol!

FC runs another board and has done since SCD boards closed last year and sometimes people find it hard to cope with two chat boards. Also know that many others also have their own chat boards.......like me Laughing (which I have been slack at posting on as well - just in case any LT's are reading this - sooooory lol! lol! )

I know that Tomps is off in another Country (again )so thats why she isnt posting and I do know that a couple of guys got a tad irked at being "call me Kofi Annan at" for even mentioning that they knew the results of the show I
always go check on DS when the results are in......dont like surprises Laughing ......and I do remember some rather cutting & scathing remarks being posted about those who wanted to know the results in advance......just my opinion though - may have nothing to do with it whatsoever Wink

Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:00 am

I think it was perhaps a big mistake to have an 'introduce yourself' thread. Each new poster was welcomed and lots were advised that this was a very friendly thread, in other words 'dont rock the boat', or at least thats the way I read it. There has been no lively debates because of that I feel because we are supposed to believe this is one big happy family. At least on the BBC boards think perhaps we felt a bit more faceless and were quite happy to rock the boat when it was called for.
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:04 am

chris82 wrote:I think it was perhaps a big mistake to have an 'introduce yourself' thread. Each new poster was welcomed and lots were advised that this was a very friendly thread, in other words 'dont rock the boat', or at least thats the way I read it. There has been no lively debates because of that I feel because we are supposed to believe this is one big happy family. At least on the BBC boards think perhaps we felt a bit more faceless and were quite happy to rock the boat when it was called for.

....me too Chris.............
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sofajudge on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:10 pm

I don't get the feeling of don't rock the boat at all.

I have disagreed with a number of viewpoints, the difference being, I think, that as it's a small forum it seems a little rude to get to the fur lined posing pouch slam stage.

I have no issue with anyone disagreeing with me though and welcome a debate.

My occasional absences are purely down to real life getting in the damn way.

Innana I too view the results. I then have to exercise ultimate discretion and caution as my partner thinks it's a loathsome activity!
Sofajudge

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Usually on any forums there are times when everyone responds and times when you can hear the birds through the echo of the empty posts! I have found this forum a real joy ( pay me later!) I feel i can air my views and get a civilised discussion back! I do enjoy seeing everyones post and the devilish behaviour of the admins with certain words and names!

I try and post when i can but that thing called work and awful 24/7 shifts zap my energy and time!

Maybe the newbies are just sitting back and enjoying the banter and wit! Thou equally they could just be having a first time curiosity look and then just fading to grey! Ooh get me popping a song title in!

Sax

Last edited by saxonsiren on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:36 pm

fur lined posing pouch - please enlighten me - what did you type to get that.

Love this forum - we can say what we think without fear of reprisals and no-one minds if we have a different oppinion do they? Rolling Eyes

Apart from tugboat and occasionally L e n & the old git presenting - haven't found anything that really winds me up yet!

The limericks and song threads make getting up in the morning worthwhile.
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Sofajudge wrote:I don't get the feeling of don't rock the boat at all.

I have disagreed with a number of viewpoints, the difference being, I think, that as it's a small forum it seems a little rude to get to the fur lined posing pouch slam stage.

I have no issue with anyone disagreeing with me though and welcome a debate.

My occasional absences are purely down to real life getting in the damn way.

Innana I too view the results. I then have to exercise ultimate discretion and caution as my partner thinks it's a loathsome activity!

cheers cheers cheers

I admit I got a tad excited when Shep was kicked out and made it obvious (to some) who had gone and I did apologise for completely ruining their day - however that wasnt good enough and it seemed like I was expected to grovel....which Inanna defo doesnt do especially on a chat board Wink

I too welcome a good old debate and I would be bashed if I said otherwise lol! lol! ....what I object to is when personal insults are thrown around - which they have been on this board on a couple of occasions by a couple of posters......that is why I think we are missing a few posters on this board..... but again its only my opinion scratch
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Kytiara on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:08 pm

133-230-44039-18180-800 wrote:Could be. I've never intentionally watched a single minute of that show though so it's not me. Perhaps some of the regular posters on here are actually contestants on it though - that Kytiara is the spitting image of Gillian McKeith, or to give her her full title Gillian McKeith.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Evil or Very Mad

I have NEVER been so insulted!

The reason for my recent absence is much more mundane I'm afraid... I started a new job last Wednesday and I've been busy, busy, busy!

Gillian McKeith my arse... Rolling Eyes
Kytiara

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 am

Kytiara wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Evil or Very Mad

I have NEVER been so insulted!

The reason for my recent absence is much more mundane I'm afraid... I started a new job last Wednesday and I've been busy, busy, busy!

Gillian McKeith my arse... Rolling Eyes

Ah you saw that. Well at least you don't know where I live yet.

Congratulations on your new job - hope it's going well.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:28 pm

I am here .... though not in the same time zone !

I was hoping for some good banter with pondbug, who seemed as off the wall as me ..... but after he got tore a new one he disappeared.

Good job my skin is like a rhinocerous and my good tongue lashing was mildly amusing Very Happy

Chris, I miss our polite disagreements over Alesha. This year I just can't be arsed.......

Enjoyed being here on the whole, but the name changing thing has worn a bit thin. Just like the great titted trout ....
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:40 pm

TompsHB wrote:I am here .... though not in the same time zone !

I was hoping for some good banter with pondbug, who seemed as off the wall as me ..... but after he got tore a new one he disappeared.

Good job my skin is like a rhinocerous and my good tongue lashing was mildly amusing Very Happy

He was a she as it happens - and all I did was ask her to use the quotes button properly. I;d have liked her to have stayed.

I was going to change the words every so often but unfortunately real life keeps getting in the way (I know - priorities all wrong) so I haven't been able to do it as much as I wanted to keep it fresh.

I have money on AW to win so I'm looking good so far. Well I always look good but you get the picture.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsArcanum on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:41 pm

Some of it may be down to us all apparently being Anti sex on legs Twisted Evil So no opposition to rail against.

Did you get a price when you put your bet on AW?

MrsArcanum

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:52 pm

133-230-44039-18180-800 wrote:

He was a she as it happens - and all I did was ask her to use the quotes button properly. I;d have liked her to have stayed.

I was going to change the words every so often but unfortunately real life keeps getting in the way (I know - priorities all wrong) so I haven't been able to do it as much as I wanted to keep it fresh.

I have money on AW to win so I'm looking good so far. Well I always look good but you get the picture.

.....a few of the guys I know on other boards have said that is why they are not posting hot sex please.....they dont like the word changes.......
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Chris, I miss our polite disagreements over Alesha. This year I just can't be arsed.......

Enjoyed being here on the whole, but the name changing thing has worn a bit thin. Just like the great titted trout ....

Same here, think we are all disagreed out Laughing
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:20 pm

MrsArcanum wrote:Some of it may be down to us all apparently being Anti sex on legs Twisted Evil So no opposition to rail against.

Did you get a price when you put your bet on AW?

Oh yes. If she wins I'll make £2,000.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:58 pm

Well as a thank you for these boards if she makes the final I will throw a vote or two her way for you. Might as well have a reason for voting and thats as good as any seeing as my favourite went out!

Hope my hands will have recovered to use the phone by then as I can see myself getting a good hand slapping for saying that. What a Face

gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:37 am

Inanna wrote:

.....a few of the guys I know on other boards have said that is why they are not posting hot sex please.....they dont like the word changes.......

Well they're easy enough to get round and I don't really have the time to change them (it's a bit of a tedious business editing them and deleting them). I'm sorry if it put anyone off but they're fairly even handed and only ever meant in jest.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:38 am

gingercodgers wrote:

Well as a thank you for these boards if she makes the final I will throw a vote or two her way for you.

Now you I like a lot.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fc on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Fc was prolific to start off and then vanished.

Hi He is. And we obey him. (do we? Razz )...I am still around and occassionally lurk....the only thing which put me off slightly was at the begining when I felt that that last year had not been left in the past.....but that didn't last long so no harm done there. Smile

You have a great site and many people enjoy it... well done. Inanna is quite correct I did start a forum after the close of SCD last year but I wouldn't say I 'run it' the posters who post there do........me......?......well real life has me by the short and curlies I'm afraid.....

Hopefully I will be able to join in from next week....until then ........

Very Happy

p.s I lurrrrrve the sexual tension bits...have me giggling they do........... lol!

fc

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Hey hot sex please......where has A.dmin gone as well - she hasnt posted in ages.....is she having the same sort of problems as PPG scratch ..............or are they one-and-the same Suspect Suspect Laughing Laughing
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Inanna wrote:Hey hot sex please......where has A.dmin gone as well - she hasnt posted in ages.....is she having the same sort of problems as PPG scratch ..............or are they one-and-the same Suspect Suspect Laughing Laughing

No they aren't one and the same but yes they have the same problem. It's all a bit annoying - there's a number of other people who've mailed me as they can't get on but it's all to do with their work setup and I can't change that.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Inanna wrote:Hey hot sex please......where has A.dmin gone as well - she hasnt posted in ages.....is she having the same sort of problems as PPG scratch ..............or are they one-and-the same Suspect Suspect Laughing Laughing

No they aren't one and the same but yes they have the same problem. It's all a bit annoying - there's a number of other people who've mailed me as they can't get on but it's all to do with their work setup and I can't change that.

......flippin work computers Evil or Very Mad .......I would demand they change their set up....if I was at work that is Laughing Laughing reminds me of when the Beeb threatened to contact my work and inform them I was posting instead of working.....wish they had of - my boss would have found it highly amusing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top