Exiled twice over

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exiled twice over

Post  dancing in deutschland on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Hello all,
glad to have found this board - the loss of the BBC msgs boards is a reflection of where the Beeb is at regarding criticism perhaps?
I am living in Germany for my second year now - life here is lovely but I do miss being able to just turn on the TV on a Saturday night to watch the show (thank goodness for you tube etc.). So I am somewhat behind events (though watching the dances during breakfast on a Sunday is a good start to the day).
The other hard bit about being here is finding a decent dance school - although there is a lot of music and dance here. What schooling I have found has too little technique for my needs and sometimes veers too much to the rustic (do not get me on the subject of Disco-Fox!)
Anyway, it is so good to find lots of the regular posters from the BBC boards here - I look forward to having lots of good stuff to read.
All the best
D-in-D
avatar
dancing in deutschland

Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-11-07
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  Inanna on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi DiD...... cheers cheers nice meeting you ....if you have any questions just ask and someone will explain as sometimes strange things happens to your posts......Hope you enjoy it here.... cheers
avatar
Inanna

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2010-09-09
Age : 106
Location : Nibiru

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  hatlady28 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Welcome! So glad you found the board.
avatar
hatlady28

Posts : 1320
Join date : 2010-09-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  B4p on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Hello DiD. I was doing that (DiD) in August and will be back in Cologne in December. Have fun posting
avatar
B4p

Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-09-16
Location : Near Kibworth

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  MrsArcanum on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:50 am

Most welcome DiD.

(watch out for the name and word changes by the quirky Board Admins)
avatar
MrsArcanum

Posts : 664
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 58
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  chris82 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:54 am

Welcome DiD Very Happy
avatar
chris82

Posts : 439
Join date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Exiled? How did One become exiled?

Sax

Welcome
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4607
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  Kytiara on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Welcome to the board DiD! Smile

Let me ease you in gently with a quick multiple option question:

Is SCD a:

a) Entertainment Show
b) Dance Contest
c) Both

Twisted Evil Laughing
avatar
Kytiara

Posts : 378
Join date : 2010-10-05
Location : Warwickshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Kytiara wrote:Welcome to the board DiD! Smile

Let me ease you in gently with a quick multiple option question:

Is SCD a:

a) Entertainment Show
b) Dance Contest
c) Both

Twisted Evil Laughing


Can i phone a friend please!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sax
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4607
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  Kytiara on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:30 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Can i phone a friend please!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sax

You, my dear, have already used up all your lifelines! Razz
avatar
Kytiara

Posts : 378
Join date : 2010-10-05
Location : Warwickshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Kytiara wrote:
saxonsiren wrote:Can i phone a friend please!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sax

You, my dear, have already used up all your lifelines! Razz


Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

But but but how on earth can i answer! Looks and thinks its such a hard choice!!!
Where is my Fairy godmother when i need her! Oh yeah forgot she is in SCD!!!!! and runs!!!


Sax
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4607
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Kytiara wrote:Welcome to the board DiD! Smile

Let me ease you in gently with a quick multiple option question:

Is SCD a:

a) Entertainment Show
b) Dance Contest
c) Both

Twisted Evil Laughing

You're bad and you know you are.

DiD - have an official welcome onboard.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  Kytiara on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:37 pm

133-230-44039-18180-800 wrote:You're bad and you know you are.

Yeehee! *moonwalks*
avatar
Kytiara

Posts : 378
Join date : 2010-10-05
Location : Warwickshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:40 pm

Kytiara wrote:

Yeehee! *moonwalks*

I don't know why but that reminded me of two of my favourite lines in movies - both delivered by Kathleen Turner.

"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way" from who Framed Roger Rabbit and "You aren't too smart, are you? I like that in a man" from Body Heat.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  Kytiara on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:44 pm

133-230-44039-18180-800 wrote:I don't know why but that reminded me of two of my favourite lines in movies - both delivered by Kathleen Turner.

"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way" from who Framed Roger Rabbit and "You aren't too smart, are you? I like that in a man" from Body Heat.

Well we've already done the "Who framed Roger Rabbit" quote gag before so I had to go for summat else. Laughing

...and I'd forgotten that Kathleen Turner voiced Jessica Rabbit. Of course she did! That is one example of perfect casting.
avatar
Kytiara

Posts : 378
Join date : 2010-10-05
Location : Warwickshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Kytiara wrote:
Well we've already done the "Who framed Roger Rabbit" quote gag before so I had to go for summat else. Laughing

...and I'd forgotten that Kathleen Turner voiced Jessica Rabbit. Of course she did! That is one example of perfect casting.

I doubt there's ever been better.

The Body Heat quote is actually a little longer because he comes back at her :

Matty: [to Ned] You aren't too smart, are you? I like that in a man.
Ned: What else do you like? Lazy? Ugly? Horny? I got 'em all.
Matty: You don't look lazy.

Great movie.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  Kytiara on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:51 pm

133-230-44039-18180-800 wrote:I doubt there's ever been better.

The Body Heat quote is actually a little longer because he comes back at her :

Matty: [to Ned] You aren't too smart, are you? I like that in a man.
Ned: What else do you like? Lazy? Ugly? Horny? I got 'em all.
Matty: You don't look lazy.

Great movie.

Laughing Beautiful! Almost like poetry...

I've never seen Body Heat actually... I might have to see if I can get it off Lovefilm...
avatar
Kytiara

Posts : 378
Join date : 2010-10-05
Location : Warwickshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Kytiara wrote:
Laughing Beautiful! Almost like poetry...

I've never seen Body Heat actually... I might have to see if I can get it off Lovefilm...

It's well worth it - a latter day film noir. The Last Seduction is also good if you like sexy female protagonists who are clearly bad through and though and miles brighter than the men.


133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  Redcurrant on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Just don't watch the 'follow up' to The Last Seduction. Jade. It's only redeeming feature is that it persuaded David Caruso to go back to TV
avatar
Redcurrant

Posts : 426
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Redcurrant wrote:Just don't watch the 'follow up' to The Last Seduction. Jade. It's only redeeming feature is that it persuaded David Caruso to go back to TV

Never seen this film shall look out for it! Love Nathanel's put downs in Last Of The Mohican

How come Sir you are heading East when everyone else is heading North?

Well you keep walking with the sun on your back and all of a sudden like you turn Right!

mmmmmmmmmmm drooling now!!!

Sax
avatar
saxonsiren

Posts : 4607
Join date : 2010-09-13
Location : Im wandering the eternal shed path

Back to top Go down

Re: Exiled twice over

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum