The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:57 pm

I do feel sad re tonights show! Just a waste of time as everyone knew what the result would be! Thou take note surviving couple week three I don't see them surviving! Think a little clink of a Vodka Martini required please.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Blows off the cobwebs and hangs the Glitterball back up.Brrrrr so c c cold si leaving a huge tureen of butterut squash soup.buttered hot rolls.
I feeling a bit green (pre winter cold) & because I stupidly read the spoiler Sad so avoiding tonights show curled up in bed.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Hey Sax! *wave* hope you feel better and are on the mend soon
Looking better in here! I posted on the  what's new thread that I'm a bit out of things at mo- Woody my rescue Springer has out of the blue got heart failure - I didn't expect to be bringing him home again tbh but he's back and hanging in  there. It was such a shock, no symptons at all until I took him to vets on Tuesday he had a bit of bloating around his tummy- turns out heart isn't pumping properly due to a degenerative condition - and fluid was building up,around lungs heart and liver. Sad
Prognosis isn't great but hopefully we have bought a bit of time to enjoy with him. The medication he is on should help his heart to work better but there is no cure. I'm just treating every day as it comes and feel blessed to have him home at all.
But he's not to get over excited( not easy for springers!) so it's lots of tlc and very very short lead walks to do his business and that's all for now. Hopefully things will improve a little bit, appt at vets on Thursday to,see how it's going
Keep,everything crossed for us! Xx

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot something!)
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Hey Alls!

So sorry to hear about Woody Sad I do hope he has quality time with you left.We have our own beautiful Cocker Spaniel 14mths love him to bits.We spent three lonely dog free years after our beloved Labrador passed away.The hardest decision I ever had to make with our vet.
Still in local book club and one online too many books to read!

Its getting a little busier now on the forum now SCD in week two.So hopefully we can have a few chill out sessions in here Smile
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi Sax, Hi Alls

Glad to see that the Lounge is open again for business. Thanks for hanging up the glitter-ball Sax, though you really shouldn't read spoilers. They just spoil the anticipation - though perhaps not at this stage. There are always two or three that you can guarantee will go out early. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Warm tasty soup and curled up in bed is definitely the way to go.

Sorry to hear about your Springer, Alls. Fingers crossed for him.

I enjoyed the show last night and am just settling down for the evening with a wee Scotch. I have no idea who's going to win this year. There are too many variables among the high fliers I think.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone in the next few weeks. Smile

Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi Twirlie!
Thanks for your good wishes both of you, it's going to be a bit tough I think, but my other springer Bonnie is fit and well thank god
I haven't read any spoilers, so I will be watching the results show, but I'm not really too bothered at this stage as long as it's not a shock! affraid
I don't know what everyone else thinks but I'm loving our Claude on Saturday nights, not so sure re Tess but I think she's got to find her own niche.

Have a good week everyone x
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:53 pm

Twirlie I know and I did try not to read when spoiler popped up! I have removed alerts so safe from now on.Soup in a big mug and just waiting for Downton. Need a few rugs,sofas,and one of those hanging egg chairs in here.Plus a few waitors,barman and resident A.nton and we can begin!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:08 pm

Sneaking my head round the door with a hot toddy for sax.
I've just got that scratchy throat today. Always happens this time of year. They cut the fields, a bit of rain falls, and wham, the fungi and virus's come a=dancing. Alcohol kills all known germs dead, so I'm off to do my research for the benefit of my fellow mankind (naturally) Cool
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:27 am

Thank you B4p for hot toddy! I can relate to the scratchy throat and the Ive got abumble bee stuck in my ears! All that buzzing and now the omg sneak up on you sneezes! I swear they made the bed jump let alone the cat (not Simon)
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Ooh Autumnal hits us today brrrr so its Hot soup, Hot Chocolate,Mulled Wine and apple crumble and custard yummyyyy.
Huge cushions and soft lights
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Oooh yes, I'll donate some of the homemade chicken soup I made today. I'm just about to make some homemade ginger nuts too....nom nom nom!
Very cosy!
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:26 pm

Ginger nuts! cheers My favourite mmmm and chicken soup ooh lovely save me some for lunch! Made a forest fruits crumble for pudding tonight. Ooh first of many warming puds! Now Id love to successfully make shortbread fingers bounce
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Oooh yes so would I Sax- they're so scrummy but I've never managed it. Some recipes use semolina flour don't they? This ginger nuts one is Mary Berry's and she adds a beaten egg- something I've never done but it does make them nice and squidgy on the inside if you want, or nice and crisp (proper tea dunkers) if you cook them a couple more minutes.
Put the kettle on An.ton ...........
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Ooh Ill try that recipe thanks Alls. So frustrating re simple shortbread so complicated to get right. A.nton kettle on please!I often wish at home I had a huge urn!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:18 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Ooh Ill try that recipe thanks Alls. So frustrating re simple shortbread so complicated to get right. A.nton kettle on please!I often wish at home I had a huge urn!

Me too! We're great tea drinkers in the Alls house x
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:43 am

Im a huge tea drinker never touch coffee! Love Earl Grey and into Twinnings Every Day tea at the minute.We also have huge Yorkshire tea fans in house.Cannot get into fruity teas whether hot or cold makes me heave! Guess im unusual re never having coffee?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:02 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Cannot get into fruity teas whether hot or cold makes me heave! Guess im unusual re never having coffee?

Agree with you re fruity teas Sax and if you're unusual so am I- never drink coffee either! flower
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:23 pm

Laughing Third person I know that doesn't do coffee!! Bloomin cold so turned CH on and then got too hot lol!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:02 pm

Pops a huge Get Well Soon Hatlady bamner across door.Lots of soft cushions,chaise lounge,huge comfy bed for our beloved Hatlady.As Robin not on SCD roped him in as personal TLC assistant for HL flower
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:00 am

cheers cheers cheers
bounce bounce bounce

Im so EXCITED whooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo
I got my Rugby tickets in the Ballot!! Basketball

Thilled to bits
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Came in to see who was around, but it's deserted. It's like Miss Havesham's house in here - a cold draft and cobwebs everywhere? Where has everyone gone I wonder?
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:21 pm

Omg runs in with a wheelbarrow full of glitter and sparkles and the disco lights,fairy lights too..... whistles and the lovely bar staff follow with a portable cycling bar! Cocktails,Mocktails,juices, wine and beer all loaded.
Van pulled up with chaise lounge, sofas,a few hanging chairs, a rocking chair,Princess Ann chairs and bean bags.
phew ooh yes the juke box with a space to add your favourite tunes.....

Snacks,pretzels,handcooked parsnip crisps, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, fruit,dates and figs. Not forgetting Victoria Sponges, cream tea and shortbread fingers...

The Woodburn erstwhile ready for cooler days and the big urn always bubbling for a cuppa,

Phew farao forgive me M'Lord for my tardiness.

Welcome back Twirlie
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:55 am

Whoopee, saxonsiren, whoopeeeee! All that loveliness! And Mistress put a vest on you strumpet\'s particular fascination Too!!!! (I can't possibly keep on trying to get the synonym for sponge to write out any more. I'm too sore from laughing at the alternatives when you move the full stop around the word) bounce bounce bounce bounce  

Well! I... think... I'll... have....... a Rusty Nail with a few of those delicious crisps and pecans and fruit. Then I think I'll have a little nap after which I'll wake up - see who's turned up and have a cream tea and Victoria Sponge and a chat! Howzat? xx
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:17 pm

bounce bounce cheers lol re the alternative words popping up! I hadn't added any RR (Rampant Rabbits or beads of any kind Shocked Jordans don't need spicing up do they!)

Orders a Long Island for 6pm and pretzels both salted and a few chocolate ones. I can always cycle along on the bar working off the calories. Notebook at the ready by the Queen Ann chair ty....

Ooh auditions for the bar staff at 5pm

Austin Healey

V.in cent

Gleb
Jonny (Wilko) & Jonno (Johnson)

Aliona & O'la not in the AS stuff!

Marion Keynes

Mrs Doyle from Father Ted

Ok off to create a banoffe pie Razz

saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:37 am

Re. Auditions.

Can we really not have Aliona or O.la? You won't believe it but they along with Natalie were my favourites! And I think these auditions are rather heavily weighted towards the male dancers/celebrities don't y'know! I would suggest you include a few ladies. Nat (though she'll be very busy - maybe she could job share with Oti.), Then there's wee Georgia May Foote, Zoe Ball and Jodie Kidd! I think there's some fun to be had there. Very Happy
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top