The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Page 33 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Post  salsarae on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:10 pm

Popping in to sprinkle a little Xmassy cheer, making mince pies today, pate and croquettes, while listening to Christmas radio, such a cliche! santa
Made the first of the mulled wine last night, and may have slipped with the brandy, definitely feeling a tad sluggish. Cooking is therapy though.
Went to a local street fair yesterday and was making cards with children, feeling the season is here for me well and truly!

I´m getting the chance to celebrate the 6th January like the Spanish as my mum's coming over, Alicante do a really good procession, well worth an early January visit. All the smaller towns and villages also do something so you don't have to go into the city to get involved.
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Love the Spanish tradition re the 6th January!!! In the Orthodox Church the date. 7th January is Christmas Day!! So it adds a lovely feel for me.
mmmm pate,croquettes yum mince pies!!! Today I have brought our Christmas Tree].I also went to a Wine Merchant & brought 6 good bottles of Wine!!! drunken Only for Christmas Day/Boxing Day!!!

Found a lovely recipe for a gluten free apple loonytoad quack 8 eggs affraid I shall make for next weekend!! I must admit I love a huge mince tart!

Its beginning to smell a bit like Christmas in here!! santa

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:42 am

Can't sleep, so an ovaltine for me please!

Sax, give the recipe a test run as anything with that many eggs in can sometimes taste eggy, not cakey! I think I´ve made a lingerie that only had ground almonds in instead of flour,something else you could look at. Trying to remember if a Santiago lingerie has flour in, it's delicious!
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:49 am

A Santiago lingerie sounds very exotic Razz Im trying the recipe out tomorrow!!! In the photo it looked like a cheesecake!! It does have ground almonds in too!!I found it on the BBC food site!!! I know what you mean re eggy lingerie! Have had that diseaster before!!!

I have my gorgeous Pannetone loonytoad quack yum & I always have a traditional homemade Sherry Trifle! It just has to be eaten!!! Then of course the new year will be bread & water!!!!

Happy baking Sals

x Sax

saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Well the loonytoad quack cost a lot to make & Id not have it again!!! Minus points most members of my family dislike Almonds!! It advised cut in small slices & serve! Very rich & inbetween an egg custard/mousse consistancy!!!
Had lots left & Ive frozen slices!! I can defrost a few when my son's gf visits again!!!

I feel a slice of Pannetone,a hot cup of tea is required!! Wonders if we will have a post SCD party king

Sax

Last edited by saxonsiren on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Ooo yes a SCD wrap party!! drunken drunken drunken
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:43 pm

A whole week of strong antibiotics!!! Not allowed alcohol with!!! Finished this am had two small Ports & Im zonked in bed!!!! Sleep No stamina

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 pm

saxonsiren wrote:A whole week of strong antibiotics!!! Not allowed alcohol with!!! Finished this am had two small Ports & Im zonked in bed!!!! Sleep No stamina

Sax
It's gonna be a cheap wrap party then!! Wink
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:56 am

It is Alls Smile however just woke up thought Id slept for ages & just saw the time grrrrrrrrt.Think hot cup of EG deserved!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:11 pm

I have a bottle of bubbly on ice!!! Bag of cashew nuts!! & a mince pie!!! Im going to enjoy a rare two part Live Saturday show with none of the pretend its Saturday on Sunday nonsense!!!! I know who Id like to win & be runner up!!! The showdance for me usually nails it!!!!
So keep enjoying the run up to the final! & I wish everyone A Happy Christmas & Peaceful New Year santa

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Well no alcohol for me tonight because daughter and I are hitting the supermarket afterwards!! We might just have a cheeky mulled wine at the start and then it's strictly tea! Wink
I so agree Sax, great to have 'results' show on same night.
I would genuinely be happy for any of the finalists to win but I would be very pleased to see Dani win and if not, Kimberley.

Enjoy your bubbly Sax!! drunken drunken

Hope everyone enjoys the show- not long now!
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Thanks Alls Very Happy ooh A midnight shop Alls? Good luck with your shopping! I lost my big toe nail doing mine! Its quite sore now!!! I need the drunken as TLC!!! All Ive got to do is pick up "George" from the Butcher!!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Pops up a Well Done to Louis banner!!! & a Well done to everyone!!! Ive been so engrossed I forgot my Champagne!! So celebrating with a small red wine!!!! Poppers,hats, whistles hands out!!!! I so wish I was in the Green Room bar NOW!!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:36 am

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!!! Im going to soon be stuffing the turkey!!! pouring sherry on base of tin,slicing lemons!!! Then pre make my pigs in blankets!!! Make my cauliflower cheese ahead!!! Hoover,polish & squeeze in a little nap before the Guests arrive!!!!! & Am I the only one that wakes on the hour each Christmas Night even thou my sons are grown up!!!!??

Sax
off to do battle
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:20 am

Happy Christmas Eve! Got a mountain of things to do too!

I have to put 3kgs of sausage eat into casings too! That's where my chipolatas come from, you can't get them here. Got nearly everything I think! Need to make red cabbage too today.

Hope everybody gets what they asked Santa for!
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:39 am

Happy Christmas all! Sax I hope George doesn't cause you hassle!! Wink
I've also got a busy day ahead but am looking forward to later when it's all done, and settling down with th efamily for the start of our Christmas rituals...The Snowman (we all cry) reading the Night Before Christmas (Mr Alls cries!) and lots of games food and drink drunken
I've gone retro this year and bought in somw advocaat (spelling?) so I can have real snowballs hehe!! drunken drunken drunken

Merry Christmas to you all thank you as ever for your company 'see' you in the new year!
santa drunken santa drunken santa drunken santa drunken santa drunken santa
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Hope everyone gets what they wish for.

xxxxx santa
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Have a lovely Christmas Eve & Christmas Day everyone rendeer santa .Ive toasted George wuth Crofts Original & prepared him!!! My pigs in blankets are nestled in their tray!!! Just the veg to peel!!! Caught up with Merlin! Tonight I plan a port n cheeseboard! Ooh Alls snowballs! I recall being allowed those at 13 in the little bottles! Thinking I was very grown up!!! Im looking forward to The Snowman & The Dog!!
Ty everyone for a lovely SCD!!! Looking forward to new chats.new DOI maybe predict the winner!! Also to loys of thrillers,comedies,murders,sci-fi ( affraid ) Autobiographies to review,ponder & absorb!!! Got my New Year Eve tickets & threatened the family to forget my one year older the next day!!! Moving it to June 1st. !!!!

Sax

saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Well the Christmas guests have gone!! House tidied & the first Turkey free meal today!!! Not for long as Turkey Curry tomorrow!!! I have the house to myself tonight!!!! So Call The Midwife first!!! Daily Mail just spoilt my Downton Abbey surprise!!! A trife I shall scoff & a glass of cold wine!!!! To be honest I miss the busy buzz of the house!!!! Plus had to buy a replacement Dishwasher! It broke Christmas Eve!!!! All the washing up after meals,drinks etc!! How quickly we get used to electrical help!!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:28 am

Happy 2nd of January!!! Successfully ate an omelette!! So think Im on the mend! I shall defrost the rest of George for the 7th!! Enjoy the Spanish Festival Sals on the 6th!!! I forgot to make resolutions so shall make some for today!!!
Going to see the Hobbit later hope it lives up to the hype!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:29 pm

We have another George to eat on the 6th, and I'm planning all sorts of wonderful new dishes for the whole weekend, I love having the chance to make a fuss!

Glad to hear you're on the mend!

Sea snails, mussels and sepia for us tonight!
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:23 pm

Well the first soup of January 2013 scoffed in 2 days!!! I have to admit it was very tasty!! As I had made a huge. cauldron!! I had been hoping to see it last til the weekend!! Late night suppers,mid afternoon warming bowls devoured by ypungest son!!! Guess thats me chopping veg's & stirring the cauldron again tomorrow!!! I am also surprised how much the soup costs now to make!!! Even so tastier than the tins!!!
Getting a little colder here.As it had got mild I wildly flipped the CH to twice only not all day!!! Brrr its going back on!!!

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 pm

Try a lovely warming mulligatawny Sax! Mum's been telling me she's stockpiling a bit as everything's going to be going up a lot this year due to the weather being so bad.

I have a rather emotional time ahead of me, I'm sending my youngest back with Mum to live in the UK, absolutely the best thing for her but still, it's my baby girl! Sad
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Oh that will be an emotional strain yet Im sure well thought out & been a hard decision to make.Your youngest will have her Grandmother yet I know how hard it will be for you too.Im sure school holidays she will come to visit.Often as parents we have to make tough decisions! Its hard & I have a huge shoulder if you need it!!!

Sa x
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:26 am

Brrr it is cold today!!So far I have seen 5/6 swirling snow flakes then puff away they went!!! Supposed to go to Oxford tomorrow meet the Eldest for Sunday Lunch!!! Shall keep aware of Cotswolds roads

Sax
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top