The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Page 6 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:50 pm

No combat or pump tonight Kate- my day of rest!! Actually my shoulders were aching this morning after pump yesterday- that last shoulder track is a killer at the mo!! Laughing

Well I suppose all this talk of who should/ shouldn't will/won't is what strictly is all about right? We wouldn't have much to talk about otherwise. Well actually I'm sure we would... Wink

Well I won't say enjoy the supermarket, but at least it's probably quiet at this time of night.
see you later!
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:32 pm

kate wrote:Hi Allsewn. You not pumping or combatting tonight? I need to pop to the supermarket, but am waiting for the rain to stop.

Yes, I agree the Halloween special was not as bad as I'd expected! They had some fun with the costumes and make-up, but most of the dances were still the recognisable style. I watched some of the last series of DWTS and felt the themes obscured the dance styles on there, so I'm glad they didn't completely take over on Strictly. That cauldron was MUCH too big!

I think it'll be Flexifliss or Long Legs this week, subject to their placing in the judges' rankings on Saturday. I don't think either of them are attracting enough votes to last much longer. Orange Boyo and The Right Hon, on the other hand, are obviously getting plenty of votes. scratch

Evening guys cheers cheers

Orange Boyo has the whole of Wales voting for him he will stay a while longer.......anyway I reckon that when there are fewer couples the judges will fiddle the scoring so that the couples who get the least votes are placed as high up the leader board as possible to try to keep them safe Wink
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:33 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:No combat or pump tonight Kate- my day of rest!! Actually my shoulders were aching this morning after pump yesterday- that last shoulder track is a killer at the mo!! Laughing

Well I suppose all this talk of who should/ shouldn't will/won't is what strictly is all about right? We wouldn't have much to talk about otherwise. Well actually I'm sure we would... Wink

Well I won't say enjoy the supermarket, but at least it's probably quiet at this time of night.
see you later!

......I am certain of that Wink
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:08 pm

I think it'll be Flexifliss or Long Legs this week, subject to their placing in the judges' rankings on Saturday. I don't think either of them are attracting enough votes to last much longer. Orange Boyo and The Right Hon, on the other hand, are obviously getting plenty of votes.

He may even get a few more now he's failed to win 71 degrees north! He was not best pleased that Marcus pipped him at the post.
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  kate on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 pm

I didn't watch 71 degrees. Did Orangu-tan-man show more personality on that?

On the subject of personality, Artem seems really shy and sensitive to me. I thought it was sweet (though a little bit worrying) that he thought he needed to apologies for slouching on ITT after some twits had a go at him on twitter last week.

The Co-op was deserted, Allsewn. Must be something good on tele' that I'm missing tonight.
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:27 pm

kate wrote:I didn't watch 71 degrees. Did Orangu-tan-man show more personality on that?

On the subject of personality, Artem seems really shy and sensitive to me. I thought it was sweet (though a little bit worrying) that he thought he needed to apologies for slouching on ITT after some twits had a go at him on twitter last week.

The Co-op was deserted, Allsewn. Must be something good on tele' that I'm missing tonight.

...well if you find it let me know.......cant find anything interesting to watch.......

twits scratch scratch think you spelt that wrong Kate lol! lol!
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:44 pm

kate wrote:I didn't watch 71 degrees. Did Orangu-tan-man show more personality on that?

Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  dancingsunshinequeen on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:51 am

cooey...anyone home...Hi there guys, just trying to catch up..what a lot of postings, good to see that Housewives choice has kept the orders flowing for all the various requests...Twirlie, your lunch request sounded superb hun, wish I'd been here to join you Very Happy

Poor you allsewnonbyhand, I hope your bumping & grinding (oops now that doesn't sound right does it hun Laughing) isn't getting too much for you.

So many new faces arriving in our TL, superb & welcome to everyone.

Twirlie wrote:
dancingsunshinequeen wrote:
Hi there Twirlie my pal...good to hear from you too hun, gosh you seem to have been working hard, just wondering what it is that you do to earn a crust or two...you live in a lovely part of the country.
Hi DSQ, to earn a crust...? I "tread the boards" as they say. I'm touring in "Scrooge" at the moment. Very intense rehearsals initially and although are out performing now we still have to keep rehearsing. We're coming to Scotland but only to Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Come January the tour finishes and we all start looking for a new show to do. Very Happy

Hello dear Twirlie..apologies for not being in here to reply to your message, which I'm sure you posted back to me about 28 years ago Laughing

So your a thespian are you my friend, wow!! I'm so impressed...some years ago I performed in Habeas Corpus, playing the part of Felicity..what a temptress she was:lol: and in the musical Lock Up Your Daughters, this was all when living overseas...my 'treading the board days' are over, now that I have returned home to Scotland.

we have a family friend, who is a theatrical agent in Croydon, it would be very funny if you know of him Cool

So I guess you are performing Scrooge at the New Wimbledon Theatre, is that right Twirlie? So as we say, break a leg hun & hope the touring goes well for you all next year.

Saturday night's Halloween special, was absolutely brilliant, I loved every moment of it, including "sequined toilet roll cover'...brilliant choice of words allsewnonbyhand lol! the way she managed to do a crash landing at the end & sat there waving her hands, waiting to be rescued from the runway...sooo funny, but hopefully the antics, although enjoyable, wont get in the way of the better dancers...as for the orange one, he is driving me nuts...who is voting for him.... Mad

Blimey how many people turned this gig down then ? & Natalie ~ Matt & Aliona ~ Kara & Artem ~ Pamela & James and Jimi & I want to break free are still my top 5 couples...can't wait to see them each week.

I also thoroughly enjoyed Long legs do not make me loveable & Brendans Jive on Satruday night & I agree with Brendan, the time walk choreography, was only a short section of the routine, & he looked amazing in his outfit, brilliant show all round IMO of course Very Happy
dancingsunshinequeen

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:35 pm

Hello. Back in after having another lergy, cough, sniffle. large VAT please HW.

Looking forward to Saturday. Missed the live show last week - not quite the same in iplayer, is it?

Who will go? Hmmm, maybe Long legs do not make me loveable, hopefully Gav (he is sooooo boring), but I don't think it will be sex on legs just yet. Think she has at least another three possibly four weeks in her - if Gav, Mich, Bendy go first that is Smile
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  kate on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Hope you're fully recovered Vonee. Seems to be a lot of the sniffles about at the mo.

I think you're right that sex on legs is going to last at least another three weeks. Actually, wouldn't surprise me if she made the Semi-Finals - although I hope not, as the joke has well and truly worn thin with me now.

I'd better have something non-alcoholic please Housewives choice. Hatlady told me off the other day for too much boozing in here. She doesn't know I'm tea-total in RL, and only ever indulge in virtual binge-drinking!
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Lovely to hear from you DSQ!!!
Fully recovered from pump now thanks- sorted out by doing combat last night- they really do complement each other Laughing

I'm looking forward to Saturday as ever- I really really hope the orange one goes - he gets on my nerves more than Long legs do not make me loveable who I slightly warmed to last week. sequinned toilet roll cover will stay for a wee while longer I think, wonder if she will be amusing or cringeworthy? but I fear for Vinthent and flexifliss they don't seem to be making any progress now..
Pammy had an off week last week but she's still one of my favourites alongside Ssscottt and Matt .

When you've finished practising your knock knees and gurning Housewives choice i'll have a hot chooccie please- I know it's supposed to be unseasonably warm, but I'm a little chilly in here. I'll be over by the fire.

See you all later.... Smile
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:59 pm

Having discovered 'grasshopper' cocktails on a cruise this year (and seen Nigella's recent recipe for grasshopper pie) I'm trying the bedtime version - hot chocolate with a dash of Creme de Menthe and a swirl of cream on top!
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:54 pm

vonee21 wrote:Hello. Back in after having another lergy, cough, sniffle. large VAT please HW.

Looking forward to Saturday. Missed the live show last week - not quite the same in iplayer, is it?
Poor you vonee. Get well soon. I quite agree with you about iPlayer. It's not the same. There's no chance to vote for the best dance for a start. I'm really missing that. Sad
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Sadiesamba wrote:Having discovered 'grasshopper' cocktails on a cruise this year (and seen Nigella's recent recipe for grasshopper pie) I'm trying the bedtime version - hot chocolate with a dash of Creme de Menthe and a swirl of cream on top!
Shocked
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:41 am

Morning everyone! Vonee hope you are feeling better today.Early start today, think I'll have a cappucino and pain au chocolat please Housewives choice.

Sadiesamba, I'm liking the sound of your 'grasshopper' might have to try that later! Wink

the orange one and A.nne didn't look too hot in training-hope sequinned toilet roll isn't doing too much of this tomorrow!!!

TGI Friday!! It's been a long week. I will see you all later after pump
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:41 am

thanks for the good wishes peeps, cold almost gone - the fact that i like alcohol again proves it!

Bit too early now so just a diet coke plese Housewives.
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:49 pm

Just popping in for a quick relax!

Was it a Rab C Nesbitt sketch where he had a pint of Creme de Menthe as "if it's good enough for the Pope it's good enough for me"!

Since it is Friday and after 12.00 I think a glass of something pink and fizzy is in order HC - bring on the weekend Smile
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:02 pm

sparklysheila wrote:Just popping in for a quick relax!

Was it a Rab C Nesbitt sketch where he had a pint of Creme de Menthe as "if it's good enough for the Pope it's good enough for me!"
If it wasn't Rab, sparkleysheila, it was Billy Connely. I think. Smile
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:06 pm

Yes Twirlie you could be right - well at least I was in the right country!

Pint anyone? lol!
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Papillion1970 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:45 pm

yippee I got my freeview digital recorder the other day so I'll be able to record SCD on saturday night & watch it when I get in from work Very Happy I have tried it out and it's fab be alot easier to watch my fav programs now
Papillion1970

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila on Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Great news Papillion - you'll be rushing in from work all excited now Very Happy

sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:17 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
Sadiesamba, I'm liking the sound of your 'grasshopper' might have to try that later! Wink

TGI Friday!! It's been a long week. I will see you all later after pump

The grasshopper worked a treat - slept like a log and didn't wake till 7.50 this morning!
Hooray - ITT and DWTS to help pass the next 24 hours till it all begins again
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:28 am

Good morning Houswives Choice, a nice Latte please, and maybe one of those lovely muffins. Hello all. It has been a busy week in the Hell Cat household, but now have a lovely Saturday free to get re-aquainted with orange Rugby players, mop like politicians and some great dancers. However, I am a little delicate as I attended a belated halloween/ bonfire night fancy dress party last night.
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  dancingsunshinequeen on Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Hellooooooooo TL buddies, yet another week has flown by like a whirl wind..Vonee sorry to hear that you had succumbed to sniffles hun, but thankfully I see your feeling a lot better now.

Papillion, that's terrific news that you've now got a freeview box & record strictly, I got mine a few months ago & what a difference to the reception now that we are digital. Hope Sooley coped ok with the fireworks last night..Josh had a couple of wobbly moments, hope there wont be too many bangs & wizzes tonight.

allsewnonbyhand, glad your bod is feeling a lot better now & your shoulders have eased up. I agree with your sentiments about the orange one, he really does get on my wick and like you I slightly warmed to Long legs do not make me loveable, after their terrific time warp routine..I thought Brendan looked brilliant in his outfit.

Hi there sparkleysheila, Kate, hellcatinheels, Twirlie, & all our other friendly fans in here. Sounds as though you've all had a busy week schedule as well guys. I heard that our friend Tanalatino has been under the weather this week as well...I guess we should maybe set up a sick ward in here Shocked

Looking forward to tonights show, as always, the training looking good for most..not so sure about sex on legs & Housewives choice though, as much as I have enjoyed the fun of their routines, their time to go must be just around the corner, but please, please let it be the orange one who leaves this weekend tongue

dancingsunshinequeen

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Back from the beautiful albeit wet Lakes! Looking forward to tonights show and a well earned Balti in front of tv!

Hoping Matt will be top of board tonight and thinking Felicity is in peril tonight!

Just relaxing after usual unpacking ( why do you come back with more in suitcase/bags etc then when you originally started out with? ) having a tidy up at home and opening post bills junk mail bills junk mail etc!

Hoping everyone has q wonderful weekend!

Sax

Back for the custard!!!
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top