The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Page 5 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Post  hatlady28 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:41 pm

kate wrote:Sparklysheila, you're an angel!

Um.... think I'll go for Matthew this week. Better keep JJ in reserve, though.
Oooh, reminding myself of Alan Rickman as the Sheriff in 'Robin Hood': "You, my room, 8pm. And you, 10 past, and bring a friend." Laughing

Nothing quite like a bit of eye-liner.........
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Or a new tattoo Smile
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:58 pm

sparklysheila wrote:Or a new tattoo Smile

I am starting to think that tattoos should be compulsary for the male pros. If James is looking for inspiration for a new tat' then may I humbly suggest "Property of Hell Cat in Heels" across his back?
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  kate on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:10 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Nothing quite like a bit of eye-liner.........
A lot of eye-liner! Not a big fan of makeup on men, myself. Though I did think Matt (Baker) looked quite good as an impersonator of that chappie from Green Day. Could be a good look for Countryfile?
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:12 pm

Subtle Hell Cat

............................................................ put a vest on you strumpet will never notice!!

sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:16 pm

sparklysheila wrote:Subtle Hell Cat

............................................................ put a vest on you strumpet will never notice!!

Subtlety is my middle name.

However, I do not think O.La is out of her world of kittens, ribbons, rainbows and unicorns long enough to notice any new property markings James will have. Very Happy
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:20 pm

He can distract her with his new horns Shocked

Anyway she's full on into Christmas shopping now so he can get away with anything Twisted Evil
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:36 pm

Grrr Hubby's home and there is nothing like the smell of beer breath to distract me from my tattoed James utopia. I better fix him something to eat before he collapses on our new sofa. Evil or Very Mad
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  Papillion1970 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:04 pm

evening guys sorry I haven't been on for a few days I've not been great Sad I've had a few tears & tantrums at work & feeling quite ill as well. I managed to see a bit of SCD tonight but I missed sex on legs & Anto.n hopefully it was fun I'll see the catch up later. Housewives choice a white wine pls.
Papillion1970

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Sorry to hear you've not had a good week Papillon, come and take the weight off and let Housewives choice ease your woes. A.nne was quite amusing- someone resembling our Housewives choice was sweeping the floor with her!! Wink
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  kate on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:20 am

Sorry to hear you've had a bad week Papillion - hope things are looking up soon.

Is my computer having a strange glitch, or have 60+ pages of the Lounge just disappeared scratch
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:43 am

yes I was a bit puzzled too then I saw the thread again further down the topics list with the first sixty odd pages. Presumably the lovely Creature of beauty and wonderment has done it for technical reasons.
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:03 am

hey guys cheers just popping in to say hi.......loved Kara and Blimey how many people turned this gig down then ? last night....the rest were pahhh as far as I was concerned......hope you all ok and still enjoying things.....any thoughts on who is going tonight?
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:51 am

Hi anyone who's here Smile

I think it's M.ichelle, Gav or possibly Felicity for the chop

Large cappucino over here Housewives choice please
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:37 pm

Just caught up with last night's strictly thanks to iplayer. Not as awful as it might have been given the theme.

thought Sccott & Matt were great - annoyed I couldn't vote this week - think I'd have gone for Scccott - loved the story of that one.
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba on Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:42 pm

Papillion1970 wrote:evening guys sorry I haven't been on for a few days I've not been great Sad I've had a few tears & tantrums at work & feeling quite ill as well. I managed to see a bit of SCD tonight but I missed sex on legs & Anto.n hopefully it was fun I'll see the catch up later. Housewives choice a white wine pls.

Hope things are improving for you Papillion and that you are feeling much better. Enjoy catching up with the programme.

Just watched it all again and think its definately the girls at risk and in the bottom two tonight
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Touring

Post  Al on Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:58 pm

Twirlie wrote:
dancingsunshinequeen wrote:
Hi there Twirlie my pal...good to hear from you too hun, gosh you seem to have been working hard, just wondering what it is that you do to earn a crust or two...you live in a lovely part of the country.
Hi DSQ, to earn a crust...? I "tread the boards" as they say. I'm touring in "Scrooge" at the moment. Very intense rehearsals initially and although are out performing now we still have to keep rehearsing. We're coming to Scotland but only to Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Come January the tour finishes and we all start looking for a new show to do. Very Happy

Hi Twirlie

where and when in Edinburgh will you be appearing Arrow
Al

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi all popped in to drown my sorrows after Sunderlands woeful display against the "toon"

Twirlie - get out of Sunderland fast it's gonna get nasty! lol!

But hope you enjoyed the sunshine, the ham and pease pudding and the Empire!

Last edited by sparklysheila on Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Papillion1970 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:55 pm

Hey guys I'm enjoying the results show(turning over a 8 for xfactor & seeing jon Bon jovi Smile yum) I think though there is going to be a john & kristina incident !!!!!!
Papillion1970

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels on Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:02 pm

Papillion1970 wrote:Hey guys I'm enjoying the results show(turning over a 8 for xfactor & seeing jon Bon jovi Smile yum) I think though there is going to be a john & kristina incident !!!!!!

I am still fairly relaxed about it. My list of meh celebs is just getting reduced, and there are still a few left on that list. Give it a few more weeks, and I am sure the hellcat tantrums will be back
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila on Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:10 pm

Whew most excitement I've had in ages - Poison and Livin on a Prayer - happy bunny here rabbit
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:16 pm

(Sound of wind and tumbleweed as I open the door)

Hello? Hello? Anyone there?

(Sound of a vacuum cleaner...) Hello Housewives choice. No one here today? What? No one since Sunday? No one? Surprised Oh you poor dear... neglected and alone. Now don't you worry I'm here today and I think I'll just stop by for some lunch. I'll have a G&T to start with, then I'll have a chicken breast with a white wine sauce, new potatoes and asparagus, followed by a creme brulée. Oh yes please. Just a glass of white... something light... you choose. I'll just settle down here not too near the fire because it's such a nice day today. Yes. Yes. Oh yes, I know. Yes... well Housewives choice, as I always say more gin, less chat! Very Happy So off you go. If anyone else comes in, tell them they're very bad to neglect you so. Tell them I said so! tongue
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  kate on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Hello Twirlie. You still around? It has gone very quiet in here. I'm relieved to see Housewives choice was in the right place when the Lounge was unceremoniously chopped in two on Saturday night. Don't know what I would have done if the barman was stuck in the locked half of the Lounge. I'll have a hot chocolate please Housewives choice.

So what did everyone think of the themed show? I'm not keen on themes, but thought it was quite well done, apart from some dodgy music choices (esp. Bat out of Hell for AT. Aaargh!)
I was interested to hear Scotalie on ITT today saying that their cauldron prop was much bigger than they'd expected, and they had to rejig their choreography because of it. Looks like the set decorators were getting a bit carried away.
I've rewatched Kara & Artem's Paso Doble three times now. Wow! The use of the Phantom music and characters for that dance was so imaginative and well executed. I think it was the one special halloween-theme performance that really got me excited.
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:33 pm

Hello Kate Twirlie and anyone else around. I've taken a liking to alcoholic ginger beer lately so I'll have one of those please Housewives choice.
You are so right Kate thank goodness our very own Housewives choice didn't get locked away for the duration! pale

I quite liked the themed show, didn't really expect to but thought the production was fab. Agree totally re AT- was runined and why so early too? The AT is always a highlight for me but needs to be later in series.

Re Scotalie- didn't CRH also say on ITT that the others couldn't see the slight mistake that SCCott made because the cauldron was too big?

I think Flexifliss is in danger this week, she doesn't seem to do much more than bend. Also really want to see orange one disappear into a scrum somewhere but will he get voted out? When do people think A.nne will go , if ever? I have a new name for our galleon- now the sequinned toilet roll cover!!

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : awful typing!)
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  kate on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi Allsewn. You not pumping or combatting tonight? I need to pop to the supermarket, but am waiting for the rain to stop.

Yes, I agree the Halloween special was not as bad as I'd expected! They had some fun with the costumes and make-up, but most of the dances were still the recognisable style. I watched some of the last series of DWTS and felt the themes obscured the dance styles on there, so I'm glad they didn't completely take over on Strictly. That cauldron was MUCH too big!

I think it'll be Flexifliss or Long Legs this week, subject to their placing in the judges' rankings on Saturday. I don't think either of them are attracting enough votes to last much longer. Orange Boyo and The Right Hon, on the other hand, are obviously getting plenty of votes. scratch
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top