Hello from lightonmyfeet (LOMF)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from lightonmyfeet (LOMF)

Post  lightonmyfeet on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Hello everyone

I am so glad to be here. I used to be lightonmyfeet on the BBC boards. Last year I changed it to Mrs Slocombe's cat, and then "lost" that name Crying or Very sad so I devised one that combined my 2 names - LOMF cat. I thought I would revert to my original name here as it feels more comfy.

I post on DS, but tend to visit the non Stricly forums more than I do the Strictly forums.

I miss having the BBC boards, and having tried once to post on the blog, don't think I will be bothering. I liked the BBC boards, but they were not always a good thing. When they were fun and entertaining they were great. When they were not good though, due to the repeat threads and relentless negativity about the same few subjects, the boards were a soul destroying place to be. I was part of the JS Charming Army, formed because of JS. I know that "love-in" threads raise eyebrows, and I understand why, but we carried on with the thread last year because it was nice to know there was one thread where a friendly greeting was guaranteed. Hopefully this new forum will not need such places of refuge.

I am looking forward to lively debate, humour, wit and a few (or more) sharp comments. It is good to be here. cat
lightonmyfeet

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from lightonmyfeet (LOMF)

Post  fkaIgor *LT* on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Hi LOMF - hope you enjoy it over here (its a little on the quiet side tonight however)
fkaIgor *LT*

Back to top Go down

Post  lightonmyfeet on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:53 pm

fkaIgor *LT* wrote:Hi LOMF - hope you enjoy it over here (its a little on the quiet side tonight however)

Thank you for the welcome. I thought it might be bit quiet, but decided to take the proverbial bull by the horns and introduce myself, before my nerve (or memory!!) left me.
lightonmyfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi nice to meet you LOMF Smile
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsArcanum on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:14 pm

It's nice round here!
MrsArcanum

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Welcome LOMF Very Happy
chris82

Back to top Go down

Hi to LOMF

Post  B4p on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:16 pm

Welcome aboard LOMF. Hope you'll have a go at the limericks and song threads. We Very Happy 'll be needing some help. B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  lightonmyfeet on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:13 pm

B4p wrote:Welcome aboard LOMF. Hope you'll have a go at the limericks and song threads. We Very Happy 'll be needing some help. B4p

Thank you for the welcome everyone.

I will put my poet hat on and start thinking of some contributions to the limerick/poem thread. study
lightonmyfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:35 pm

lightonmyfeet wrote:
B4p wrote:Welcome aboard LOMF. Hope you'll have a go at the limericks and song threads. We Very Happy 'll be needing some help. B4p

Thank you for the welcome everyone.

I will put my poet hat on and start thinking of some contributions to the limerick/poem thread. study

look forward to it. B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustyspinner*LT* on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:36 am

LOMF <Huuuuge Hugs> I still have my tin hat from Sargeant Charmings Army! Lovely to see you again. Very Happy
Rustyspinner*LT*

Back to top Go down

Post  fkaIgor *LT* on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:51 pm

Rustyspinner*LT* wrote:LOMF <Huuuuge Hugs> I still have my tin hat from Sargeant Charmings Army! Lovely to see you again. Very Happy

Hi rusty - broadening your horizons?
fkaIgor *LT*

Back to top Go down

Post  lightonmyfeet on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:16 pm

fkaIgor *LT* wrote:
Rustyspinner*LT* wrote:LOMF <Huuuuge Hugs> I still have my tin hat from Sargeant Charmings Army! Lovely to see you again. Very Happy

Hi rusty - broadening your horizons?

Excuse me fkaIgor, I want to say hello to Rusty.
Hello Rusty, lovely to see you too. I look forward to lots of fun on here and hearing from you again.

(hello to fkaIgor too Smile )

lightonmyfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  fkaIgor *LT* on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Excuse me fkaIgor

Play through.......
fkaIgor *LT*

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustyspinner*LT* on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:11 am

* waves at LOMF from behind the large orange hairy creature *

Hi LOMF <hug> 'scuse my friend here but he does not know of my lonely nights on the battlements and in the parade ground! (But mostly in the guard room with a flask of tea Wink )
During one particular battle I took shelter under the kitchen sink in the Lonely Threaders thread and have been there ever since! Very hospitable people and of course completely mad! Very Happy

Hello fka <huggles> One of these days/nights I might actually get here and have a live conversation! Laughing
Rustyspinner*LT*

Back to top Go down

Post  dancingsunshinequeen on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:56 am

Hello & welcome LOMF & Rusty...good to see more strictly fans finding there way to this brilliant forum...there are many threads to join & have fun & may I extend a warm welcome to our one & only Tartan Lounge, found under the 'strictly anything else' board..everyone welcome, no matter which couple you support, it is a fun & friendly place to be....no 'anti vibes.

I so agree with your sentiments LOMF, as to how the beebs forum became so vindictive towards other folks opinions...no such thing in here
dancingsunshinequeen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum