SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Post  Sid on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:00 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

I stopped and thought about that one Sid. Has a lovely rolling swing to it, but needs to be kicked up a bit for a Charlston IMO. Love the Robert Linday and Emma Thompson version on Youtube,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-VOP9kDwmQ

but I can't ever manage to block out the images of the German Army doing The Lambeth Walk to the best propaganda mickey take ever.. Very Happy

http://scdbbc.roflforum.net/post?p=45339&mode=quote

You're right Mr T, needs a bit more zip! Will be interesting to see what they do with it.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:48 pm

This version is slightly more jazz age.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUAzF6CoXo8 But even this starts off very ploddy.

How posh their accents are though!

Some nice frocks.... :-)
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:54 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
My thoughts exactly! Fireworks is so last weekend....

I am fully expecting a sizzling AT from these two.  I think it may just be the show stealer this week. Wonder if they'll get the pimp slot?

Pretty good music choices this week I'm thinking, fireworks aside. Let's hope the wardrobe and production teams do them justice. Here's hoping

Nope. You're going to have to tell me...
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:45 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Nope. You're going to have to tell me...
Sorry D&P..... I think it's (probably a mis) quote  from Mighty Monkseal and what he refers to as the last dance of the show....for those not familiar with this particular joy here's a link, I came to this weekly lol-fest from someone on here years ago, can't remember who  scratch but one of the best recaps out there
https://monkseal.wordpress.com/2017/11/06/strictly-come-dancing-15-week-7-performance/
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Re: STrictly 17 Which dance music choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:25 am

There's some good ones in there this week and shall we say some 'interesting' ones - I really laughed when I heard that good old 'Lambeth Walk' was going to be on the show - it was really funny on ITT tonight when Zoe and co. were dancing around. I remember being in a tap n umber years ago with everyone done up as pearly queens - will be so interested in seeing what YASB and Davood can come up with but I should think they will have to speed up the tempo quite a bit for starters.

Also great to have 'Can't take my eyes off you' in the show - although it smacks of a classic cha cha, again interesting to see how it will be adapted for the Salsa. I loved the Andy Williams version.

I agree with the general sentiment about 'Fireworks' - I think they could struggle this week.

I so hope that Mollie and AJ do ok this week - they were lovely on ITT tonight.

Finally, like all of you I can't wait for the first AT of the season to some great (and appropriate music) - I feel this is Alex's chance to show that she is not all 'attack' and that she can bring a different mood to a dance, with some sublety and 'light and shade'.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:31 am

Woke up this morning with "Lambeth Walk" in my head and ears. My actions strolling around making a cuppa, governed by the same, were those of a jolly foxtrot done around Billingsgate fish boxes in best D ick Van Dyke and Julie Andrews style. Charleston just didn't get in there. I'm trying hard to imagine how it will pan, but as D & P says, "walk" is the guvenor. They'll make it work, no doubt, but I'll watch with interest how?

Last edited by TANGOLERO on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:37 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
Sorry D&P..... I think it's (probably a mis) quote  from Mighty Monkseal and what he refers to as the last dance of the show....for those not familiar with this particular joy here's a link, I came to this weekly lol-fest from someone on here years ago, can't remember who  scratch but one of the best recaps out there
https://monkseal.wordpress.com/2017/11/06/strictly-come-dancing-15-week-7-performance/

OMG Alls!! WHere have I been?!! That is SO good.... bounce bounce I shall have to catch up with previous weeks. I usually look at Heidi Stephen's one fromthe Guardian, but this takes it to a whole other level! A LOLfest indeed!

Thank you SO much for introducing me Very Happy
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:30 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

OMG Alls!!  WHere have I been?!!  That is SO good....  bounce bounce  I shall have to catch up with previous weeks.  I usually look at Heidi Stephen's one fromthe Guardian, but this takes it to a whole other level!  A LOLfest indeed!

Thank you SO much for introducing me Very Happy
You're most welcome D&P! If you sign up it just pops into your inbox every week Laughing and don't miss his results show recaps with "sex safety faces" Embarassed
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:30 pm

Oh, I absolutely love Monkseal's blog!! It's one of the very best things about Strictly, I can never wait for his post-mortems.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:16 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
You're most welcome D&P! If you sign up it just pops into your inbox every week Laughing and don't miss his results show recaps with "sex safety faces" Embarassed

I am not kidding - I have been sat here with tears rolling down my face.  I don't know how I've missed it.  But I'm telling ALL my friends...  

And yes, I've subscribed Smile

About Agin etc....

Yes, Agin is Irish/American/Archaic USofAish.  That's all sorted.  Afor is obviously the opposite (as in, For and Against - an A added  to for for the effect of it matching the Agin) and Aheds (I'll admit to total guesswork here, but I like to think Marian is my spirit animal and I can get into her mind  Wink Rolling Eyes )) is because the ringers have an advantage and are ahead (Ahed) from the start....
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:59 pm

I live for Monskeal's blogs, I couldn't imagine Strictly without them.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:20 pm

Never seen it before but lol! cheers cheers bounce Wow. ..
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Sorry guys I thought we all knew about Monkseal on here otherwise I would've posted the link earlier ! I really wish I could remember who first alerted us to him Sid do you remember? And yes strictly wouldn't be the same without his blogs- now we can all join in the fun!! cheers Laughing
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Re: SCD 2017 Which music and dance choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Woke up this morning with "Lambeth Walk" in my head and ears. My actions strolling around making a cuppa, governed by the same, were those of a jolly foxtrot done around Billingsgate fish boxes in best D ick Van Dyke and Julie Andrews style. Charleston just didn't get in there. I'm trying hard to imagine how it will pan, but as D & P says, "walk" is the guvenor. They'll make it work, no doubt, but I'll watch with interest how?

I'm with you Mr T!!!! lol!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:59 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Sorry guys I thought we all knew about Monkseal on here otherwise I would've posted the link earlier ! I really wish I could remember who first alerted us to him Sid do you remember? And yes strictly wouldn't be the same without his blogs- now we can all join in the fun!! cheers Laughing
He was big on the old BBC boards wasn't he?
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:11 pm

B4p wrote:
He was big on the old BBC boards wasn't he?

I was just reminiscing the other day B4p: Wonder what happened to the old guy (okay, I'm one too) who used to be a big Erin fan? Think he had an allotment for growing pickled walnuts or something? Very Happy
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:31 pm

going a bit off topic, but talking of old people on the boards, wonder what happened to some of the old regulars on here, do you think they've just drifted off elsewhere or did they lose the web address in between times and not been able to find us again?
I have visions of salsarae,Kate , Hatlady, 50 et al wandering about in the ether....who else of the old gang are missing scratch
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Re: SCD 2017 Which music and dance choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Haven't heard much from Poppet, Vonee or Lualen this year ? Are you out there?
Superken, Tina and Moova seem to have gone by the wayside too.

Talking about the old boards I remember someone called Feargal and also Inanna who was on here initially.............

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Salsare moved from Spain to UK had a lovely little boy with her new partner....
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:57 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

I was just reminiscing the other day B4p: Wonder what happened to the old guy (okay, I'm one too) who used to be a big Erin fan? Think he had an allotment for growing pickled walnuts or something? Very Happy

Oh Tango, I left you and B4P a message on the limericks thread - came across him on a gardening site a couple of weeks ago, so he's fine.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:19 pm

Funnily enough I was wondering earlier about Tina and that got me thinking about som eof the others - Fifty, Moova etc . I just assumed they had gone to other forums... ;-(

Re Monkseal.... I came to the BBC Forum in 2009, so maybe I missed out when it was originally talked about. I've been going backwards -his desctiption of the Davood rumba is beyond funny and so spot on. cheers

Reading backwards raised a question - I have looked and looked and looked but I can't see where Gemma went wrong in the jive. She said on ITT that she was supposed to take 4 little steps towards Aljaz and then do... something... which she forgot to do so Aljaz grabbed her. If that's so, then he grabbed her so quickly it's seamless. Can anyone else spot it?
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:04 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Sorry guys I thought we all knew about Monkseal on here otherwise I would've posted the link earlier ! I really wish I could remember who first alerted us to him Sid do you remember? And yes strictly wouldn't be the same without his blogs- now we can all join in the fun!! cheers Laughing

Alls I started reading Monskeal from when I was a regular on Digital Spy and then through following him on Twitter. I can't remember it being posted on here before but I'm guessing it must have been at some point and I missed it (people who know me will tell you I'm not exactly Mr Observant lol)

Thinking back to some of our old friends, I seem to remember stats guru kate got quite disillusioned with the show and I think she gave up on it altogether.

I noticed DS (which I only occasionally browse at now) hasn't had as much traffic the past few series either. I remember around 2007-2008 it was absolutely buzzing and threads would disappear from the front page in a blink of an eye because the discussion was so brisk. But then I noticed a lot of people from there slowly transferred to Twitter instead which is a quicker way to communicate thoughts and a place where you can actually interact with the stars of the show.

diamondsandpearls wrote:Reading backwards raised a question - I have looked and looked and looked but I can't see where Gemma went wrong in the jive.  She said on ITT that she was supposed to take 4 little steps towards Aljaz and then do... something... which she forgot to do so Aljaz grabbed her.  If that's so, then he grabbed her so quickly it's seamless.  Can anyone else spot it?

Freakily I've been wondering the same thing diamonds (how weird that the same thing niggled us!). However, I'm not really any the wiser. The only place I can imagine it happened was right at the start after they bumped into each other? Gemma did say on ITT that watching back it wasn't obvious after all which is probably why we can't spot it.
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:13 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

I think that was Frank Tango. Maybe it was jingle, but someone mentioned he was still posting on another website, maybe a gardening one?
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:15 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Haven't heard much from Poppet, Vonee or Lualen this year ?  Are you out there?
Superken, Tina and Moova seem to have gone by the wayside too.

Talking about the old boards I remember someone called Feargal and also Inanna who was on here initially.............
Feargal still posts on the main BBC site
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:25 am

I've put this up before, but I think it's still a good example of a lift-less, armography-less, smooth flowing, Cuban style Salsa.
https://youtu.be/O6kN-usZzew

the second clip is some street salsa, formation style. Next years Strictly Salsathon!
https://youtu.be/b4jaXaC1P04

Either way, not a lift in sight! Just happy faces. I live in hope Rolling Eyes

I hear we've got a group Paso Doblethon at the end of November. They'll need to extra arch their backs for that one - they'll be an excess of bull on the dance floor

Last edited by B4p on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top