RE: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RE: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:25 pm

I've really been enjoying the programme about the EasyJet pilot training on ITV - called 'EasyJet - inside the cockpit'. Thought it would be just another 'fly on the wall' job and started watching it casually - but it had me gripped very quickly - so interesting and different - I think there has always been a bit of mystery about how pilots get into the job -and the programme covers lots of things that we don't know about commercial pilot training - for me it has endearing characters and is quite funny too although one of the trainees looks about 12 years old Smile

I'm also enjoying 'From Russia to Iran' on Sunday evening C4. If you've never seen one of Levisons expeditions I recommend it - this is no ordinary travelogue - he always goes to unusual places, last year he did Central America which was fascinating and previously the Himalayas. This year it is the Caucasus. Its a 'warts and all' walk with a hand held camera and nothing staged - whatever happens happens. Good Sunday night viewing.

I enjoyed the first series of 'Victoria' - wasn't sure about the first one of the new series on Sunday. I hope the divine Lord M will be making an appearance.

I agree with Sax that we need a good Sunday night period drama for the autumn - I was sad that they don't appear to me making another series of 'Home Fires'. I wonder if they ever intend making another series of 'The Village'?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Re: RE: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  B4p on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:08 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
I'm also enjoying 'From Russia to Iran' on Sunday evening C4.  If you've never seen one of Levisons expeditions I recommend it - this is no ordinary travelogue - he always goes to unusual places, last year he did Central America which was fascinating and previously the Himalayas. This year it is the Caucasus.  Its a  'warts and all' walk with a hand held camera and nothing staged - whatever happens happens.  Good Sunday night viewing.

I enjoyed the first series of 'Victoria' - wasn't sure about the first one of the new series on Sunday.  I hope the divine Lord M will be making an appearance.

I agree about about the Levison's expeditions, I'm enjoying those too.

I think the main reason I watched the first Victoria was that I was hoping for a new angle, maybe something darker, grittier. and a bit more 'Victorian'. I can't imagine the real Victoria was so saccharine sweet. She just seems like yet another clothes horse. I really would have liked to see what she might have thought of some of those politicians behind closed doors. For a female leader, I can't remember her improving the lot of women or children particularly.

Rufus Sewell would give a good performance in anything. He played a lawyer in an Italian series that was really good, but I can't remember what it was called now.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:29 pm

I remember Rufus in the Italian programme too. I'm finding Victoria bit too bland. I'd rather have had widow Victoria and characters...
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:09 pm

I started watching 'Outlander', but then missed a couple of shows, so I've now decided to wait until the DVD comes out.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:39 pm

Absolutely loathe Mrs Brown's Boys....quick pass me the sick bucket. If that is comedy I think I will ask my dentist to remove my wisdom teeth for a better laugh.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top