Embarrassing and Annoying

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Embarrassing and Annoying

Post  CaledonianCraig on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:26 am

It is really quite annoying watching the presenters and Darcy giving another judge stick for their scoring. Last night they laboured on it for a couple of minutes on L.ens LENS at CRH's expense . Sorry Darcy but keep it buttoned eh? You get your chance to over-mark and that is all that should interest you. What another judge wants to award as a score is his opinion and his right. How many 10s were dished out like confetti on Saturday night? Far too many. CRH marks like how I would mark and keeps his 10s for extra special performances and that is how it should be.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Embarassing and Annoying

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:54 pm

I agree with you CC - I dislike the way Darcy always glares at CRH when he is giving his scores - I wonder if she would like to be challenged in the way that she challenges him?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Re: Embarrassing and Annoying

Post  CaledonianCraig on Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:25 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I agree with you CC - I dislike the way Darcy always glares at CRH when he is giving his scores - I wonder if she would like to be challenged in the way that she challenges him?

And she even does it if he offers an 8 and she a 9 - one point difference. What is it with her? Does she think all scores should mirror hers?
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:42 pm

" CRH marks like how I would mark and keeps his 10s for extra special performances and that is how it should be."

Can we agree to disagree a little, CC? (in the nicest possible way of course.(-Smile Are you really saying you would ever mark 2,3 or 4, even 5 for an amateur contestant trying their best, or make some of the personal comments that really should have no place on Strictly? The scores given are based on a level far different than a pro would be marked on with a 10 probably rating a seven or so on their scale, which makes it difficult for the judges. C .R.H seems to delight in demeening contestants he doesn't like and his marks follow that ratio. When there are three marks different on one contestant between him and the rest, does this make him right and them wrong? Quite frankly, as a judge I think he's the one that shoud get the fives and sixes. Sorry and all that.. Wink
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:55 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Can we agree to disagree a little, CC? (in the nicest possible way of course.(-Smile Are you really saying you would ever mark 2,3 or 4, even 5 for an amateur contestant trying their best, or make some of the personal comments that really should have no place on Strictly? The scores given are based on a level far different than a pro would be marked on with a 10 probably rating a seven or so on their scale, which makes it difficult for the judges. C .R.H seems to delight in demeening contestants he doesn't like and his marks follow that ratio. When there are three marks different on one contestant between him and the rest, does this make him right and them wrong? Quite frankly, as a judge I think he's the one that shoud get the fives and sixes. Sorry and all that.. Wink

He approaches judging from a different angle granted. There is enough mollycoddling, over-marking and ego massaging done from the rest to see them alright. I think if you look through everyone's remarks on the show's dancers (posters here that is) there are far more saying dances are over-marked and since it tends to be C.raig who gives the lower scores I'd say he is closest to reality with his marks than the rest. Sure his remarks can be OTT but are they meant or more scripted to match his persona that the Beeb crave? I say that as, post-show or during LE.N's LE.N's all glaring and disagreements between L.en and C.raig seem quickly forgotten and seem best of pals. Odd don't you think? Also watch the celeb's reactions after their dance - I'd say they take praise from C.raig as something to be cherished and less so from the rest as they hear that same old rhetoric from those judges from every dancer.

Chief gripe people have with CRH is his sub 5 marks for the evidently weakest dancers and that has always been his way. Perhaps he is one of those that likes to think it is primarily a dance contest and wants to use his score to make sure the weakest dancers end up at the bottom of the leaderboard as he knows the rest will customarily chuck a 6 or 7 to the weakest dancer not emphasising their weak dancing skills as much as he thinks they should. Just my thought but more often than not his scores are closer to what we (the posters give) than the others give.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top