update re surgery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

update re surgery

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:54 am

Hello all

Well it's starting re rumours of possible contestants for the next SCD. I'm in recovery currently ive had 2 operations in March not for my archilles but bowel surgery. Both emergency operations and ended up 31/03 having a colostomy. I'm getting used to it I am tired and lost a little joire de vivre Sad

I'll no doubt pop in once we have possible names to faces for contestants. Hoping You can call me Sir from now on has cameo appeared centre too many names lost this year
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: update re surgery

Post  jingle on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:29 pm

Oh goodness Sax, that sounds scary. I hope you're on the mend from the surgery, but am sure it's a huge life change.

Sending you all my very best wishes flower
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:26 am

Thank you Jingle. It's a huge life change,radar keys,disabled toilet maps,insurance add ons,carrying spare bags and clothes.
I'll get used to it I think. The thought of what could have happened with sepsis left too upsetting think about.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:11 am

Hope you're feeling a bit better now sax.
A close family member had similar problems at the beginning of last November. They went in hospital for something minor, and ended up staying for 11 weeks, including ITU and complete renal failure. We were told to expect the worst. They were too ill for surgery, and not expected to last more than 48 hours. Well 7 months later, although still very ill, they're still battling on.

I still never got to see the SCD final or Christmas Special!

Sending positive thoughts Very Happy
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:59 am

Hello B4p thank you for the wishes ☺I'm getting back to walking 3 miles a day. I tried 5 each day but felt too washed out. It's getting used to a new regime and routine at home and if I go out. It's hard using disabled toilets because people cannot see my condition....
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi sax cheers
When you have to go... you have to go. Make sure you're not anaemic after all your surgery. A multi-vit with iron might be useful for a few months.
It's a massive life change for you. A lifebelt in a sea of uncertainty. My brother's wife has just been diagnosed as Coeliac and she has trouble avoiding foods with gluten. One slip of her diet and she's in bed for days. Exhausting.

I've stopped worrying about what other people think. I can't control their thoughts, or some folks stupidity levels, so I just do the best I can without causing others any deliberate harm. I've decided I'm a bit of a closet Budhist. I'm learning to take things a day at a time, and try to live in the moment. study
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:28 am

Oh my goodness Sax, just popped in to see who was around... And saw your news!
Sending you all my very best wishes and positive thoughts your way...a lot to adjust to, but you're here and we will all be right behind you
Lots of love I love you I love you I love you I love you
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top